• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Developers, developers, developers, developers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
That's my number one pet peeve of new Windows installations.. is having to install a massive amount of Windows Updates just to get it up to date.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Hmm...

I just realized that Windows 3.x allowed the user to select a DPI setting as part of a display resolution setting.

Apparently, after over two decades, still, nobody but Microsoft cared much about Windows desktop DPI scaling *sweatdrop*

Years
I just found out today that my Lumia 520 got the Windows Phone 8 GDR3 update to it! Finally a way to close apps properly without having to constantly scroll back with the back button.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Hmm, that seems a little intriguing.. hopefully though Microsoft doesn't decide to build off of Android because they've done just as fine with Windows Phone OS, IMO.

Yes but the app store is severely lacking and that's what's killing them with market penetration.

Years
Quoting myself to be an attention w... you know what I mean.

...I'm still here. Anybody?

200px-Portrait_kellam_fe13.png

*leaves quietly*

Years
Kind of a chicken-and-egg problem they've got there, to be honest.

It'll probably employ some sort of emulation in the vein of what WINE does for Macs and Linux distros. I think Microsoft will be fine.

BNF (Backnus-Naur Form): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backus–Naur_Form

It's used to describe syntax of programming languages. I mean, if now nobody knows what I'm talking about, then the question I'll ask will probably be gibberish to y'all anyways.

Not fluent in it at all.

Years
...I'm still here. Anybody?

200px-Portrait_kellam_fe13.png

*leaves quietly*
Sometimes if there's too technical of a topic, it might get overlooked. It happens every now and then, unfortunately.

Kind of a chicken-and-egg problem they've got there, to be honest.
Does Microsoft have an SDK of sorts for developers or developer fees to upload apps? Honestly, I don't see why people aren't developing for Windows Phone OS.. it's just as powerful as iOS and Android, even though it may not be as popular as the former two.

Years
Sometimes if there's too technical of a topic, it might get overlooked. It happens every now and then, unfortunately.
Or I'm just too smart for everyone

Does Microsoft have an SDK of sorts for developers or developer fees to upload apps? Honestly, I don't see why people aren't developing for Windows Phone OS.. it's just as powerful as iOS and Android, even though it may not be as popular as the former two.

Honestly I think it's just that Apple and Android are too dominant in the handheld department at the moment for Windows to break through.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
You know, I'd probably hate having to choose between either of these. I prefer the balanced compromise with Windows Phone, to be honest.

Years
I really wish more people developed for Windows Phone, like really. One (official) app I'd like to see on the Windows Phone app store is Dropbox.. all I've seen so far for Dropbox is just a bunch of knock-off apps that aren't official.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back