• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen Have you restarted your X&Y adventure?

Xerneas_X

Raven
Years
I was wondering who out there has started or has done a replay of their Pokemon X/Y?

If so, have you done anything significantly different? Any Pros and Cons?

-------------------------------------

As for me, yesterday morning I have decided to restart my Pokemon X adventure, After 954 hours, 1,712 battles, over 2,300 Trades, and 117 Medals, I felt it was time to relive the addiction :P!

So I deposited all my Pokemon into the Bank, traded over a box's worth of Pokemon holding items that I wanted to keep with a friend to trade back after I restarted (since items are all lost), and proceeded to wipe my save data.

So now I am 16 Hours into the new playthrough, 16 Online Battles (16 wins too ;D), and I am having a great time reliving the story :D!

A little annoying, since I don't have access to all my accumulated O-Powers, I lost my Game Sync Profile as I discovered restarting the game causes it to generate a new Globial Link ID, so I lost tens of thousands of PokeMiles, all my Medals, Records, etc.. Also Annoying cause I dont have all the TMs anymore and lastly, i don't have my awesome outfit anymore and pretty much stuck with the default stuff until the shops decide to spawn good clothes :P!

But the awesome thing is I am totally Ubering this playthrough xD

My new team consist of Fully EV Trained, Best Nature, High/Perfect IVs: Mewtwo, Xerneas, Virizion, Genesect, Manaphy, and Victini! all holding Battle Maison items.

No one stands a chance.

Also another benefit of this playthrough so far is, Just a while ago, I made it to the part where you Battle/Capture Xerneas, and this time around I was able to Farm for a Better Xerneas.. also discovered you can run away from the battle (pic below), so you can better prepare to farm it :D!!

So, now I have a Xerneas, modest nature, Perfect IVs in Sp.Atk, Speed, and Defense!!

Also only other things I've done different is that I've captured no Pokemon (besides Xerneas), I skip all the trainers the best I can, and the old man in Anistar City, I left him a Level 5 event Mew xD!

Now I have an Adamant Zygarde with 4 Perfect IVs!

-------------------------------------

How about all of you :D? Who has started or done a new playthrough? Did you do anything different?

5nmy.jpg
czcf.jpg
kc1c.jpg

Spoiler:

**********UPDATE**************

It only took ~18 hours, but I have now officially completed 100% of the Pokemon X Story (minus a few hours for trading and battling) and I have completed the Post-Game Looker missions.

All that's left to do now is go around and gather the megastones, pick up any items i left and get the hidden items with the Dowsing machine, lastly, I just need to transfer a ton of Pokemon to get all 718 again.

Oh and also I need to capture Mewtwo and Zygarde again.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I won't need to restart my Y version, thankfully, because soon, I'm going to get X. :] When I start off my adventure this time around, one thing I'd definitely do is pick a different starter. Chose Chespin in Pokémon Y, so I'll most likely go with Froakie. I would pick Fennekin, but I like Froakie just a bit more. Another thing I'd do is select male character; chosen female in Y.

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I won't restart my main file. I'd find it really difficult to reset a file that has accrued some 900 hours. If I were to pick up Pokemon X though, I'd like to play the story again with different teams, and perhaps do a few Challenge runs.

Years
I don't think I'd ever restart my Y game.. it's kind of like my go to "main action" serious business game file. My X on the other hand is kind of more disposable..

Kind of sucks though, my Yveltal isn't the greatest.. kind of wish I knew about when I was going to be thrown into battle with it ahead of time before hand. It doesn't have a bad nature, just a neutral one.. which I suppose I could use, if I decide to. Part of me kind of keeps reminding myself that I don't even have enough Uber Pokes to make an Uber team... I also don't fight in that tier in particular.. so I guess it's not a big deal that I have a ♥♥♥♥♥♥ Yveltal.

Xerneas_X

Raven
Years
I won't restart my main file. I'd find it really difficult to reset a file that has accrued some 900 hours. If I were to pick up Pokemon X though, I'd like to play the story again with different teams, and perhaps do a few Challenge runs.

hehe :P i had 954 hours on mine xD unlocked, found, discovered everything possible in the game.

Also had literally 1,712 battles on my profile all of which are gone :D!

Xerneas_X

Raven
Years
Well it only took less than a day's worth of gameplay but I just made it to the Elite 4. I made a slight change to my team and replaced Mewtwo with Arceus and replaced Xerneas with Darkrai... Arecus just solo steamrolled the E4 and Champion.

What an awesome team to be recorded as the 1st Game Clear xD!!!

Arceus, Victini, Genesect, Virizion, Manaphy, & Darkrai.

p2q5.jpg

Last edited:
Years
I've been so busy with training my reserve Pokemon, trying outfit combinations and some Pokemon Amie to even think of restarting my file on X. I do have Y so yeah might consider a second playthrough there with the male character (just to compare his clothes to the female) and use maybe Fennekin and Bulbasaur for my starter combination.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I haven't restarted my Y yet cause I'm not finished with my first playthrough. XD But even when I do finish, I'm not going restart anyway cause I never restart my main game. While there's so many ways to transfer my Pokemon over to somewhere else like with Pokemon Bank, I just hate losing all that data, progress and save time and the memories that go with it. So I usually just get the other game and use that for resets if I want to experiment with teams or do challenges. I'm hoping to get a copy of X just for that.

εcho.

The silver ninetales
Years
I've put too much time into my X game, I feel like if I restarted it, it would be a complete waste. I know I could save all my Pokemon in the bank and transfer items to my Y, but I can't bring myself to do it.

Not to mention restarting would take away all my lovely clothing that I've worked so hard to acquire. I just can't go back to that default outfit. xD

Nah, I'll restart my Y once I'm done the challenge I'm going through and play through with a new team. Never restarting my X though, I'm way too emotionally attached.

Giovanni Boss

Team Rocket's Head
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 10, 2023
I restarted once, before bank, to get duplicate megastones [the X exclusive ones] so I traded with a friend with Y who did the same. I'd gladly reset tons of times, weren't for the pokédex. I don't like keeping legendaries with me, since I pretty much despise their existence [yet they keep coming through Wonder Trade xD], so it'd be a pain to get their data all over again.

I'd love to restart mainly to try playing as a girl. The girl clothes are way better then the boy ones. So much more variety...

Years
Wasn't there a thread like this not long ago at all? As with most of these people, i've logged so many hours on my main copy of X, and even completed the National Dex, so yeah, I have no intention of erasing my save in it. I do have Y, but I also have a secondary copy of X which I got for fun challenge runs and such because one, I like X's exclusives way more than Y's, and two, I wasn't ready to erase my saved data in Y at the time.

But yeah, I have too much on my main copy of X to even consider erasing it.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 28, 2014
I would love to, but i dont want to lose my Shiny Charm which i was getting whole 220hours in the game. Just bassicly because of that, but i would love to try and get shiny Mewtwo or legendary bird by myself. Sad.

Mochika Rage

sickening, no?
Years
  • Age 23
  • uk
  • Seen Oct 1, 2017
I restarted it, but this was when I only had 4 badges, I think. I would have restarted it last week, again, but my pokémon had done really well, and we still beat the E4 first time with underlevelled pokémon, so I didn't want to lose them.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
I'm the type of person that resets my Pokémon games on a whim just because I'm bored. I rarely breach the 100-hour playtime mark. XD

I restarted my game at least five times before the Bank came out and three times since. The only difference is that with the latter, I can pull low-leveled pokémon from my bank to beat the game with. XD

Xerneas_X

Raven
Years
Apparently restarting X&Y, it totally puts you against 100% different Trainers on Battle Spot.. I don't know if it has to do with total # of battles or if it's just random.. but in my previous game, I had over 1712 battles, and I always do Triple Battles daily, so much that I recognize 80+% of everyone I've battled, even to the point they recognize me and ragequit during Team Preview.

But now that I have restarted Pokemon X.. 100% of everyone I been battling the past couple of days are all 100% new.. Also a lot of them appear to be newbs xD!! I guess it makes sense, if you're new, it sticks you with new people?

I feel sorry for the people I have to battle now.. they do not stand a chance.. At this moment I have just hit 50 battles... my record is now 50 wins, 0 losses \o/!

a 100% win ratio is an awesome pro for restarting xD!! but wasn't that much difference with my old save.. I had a 80+% win ratio there, ~1450 wins to ~250 losses. But this time will be awesome as unlike my old save, my record wont be tarnished by my early Battles anymore, back before I began team building and was new to the battle scene and battling with deplorable natured/stats slow and weak Pokemon.

Also I have just finished the Looker Missions in the story, So literally I have 100% completed the Pokemon X Story, Now I am back to where I was before wiping my Save.. except now I need to recapture/transfer all 718 pokemon to complete the pokedex again, and go around and pick up items/hidden items I've skipped and trainers I skipped.

Last edited:
Years
I've only reached the 50 hour mark for my Pokemon X file, and that's nothing compared to other members' OTL So I probably won't be restarting anytime soon, and I have Bravely Default to keep me busy along with other games I plan to get so not sure if I'll ever actually get to the post-game material \:

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
I have X and Y so if I do restart, it'll be in my X version where I don't have the PokeDex complete. My second run was a Nuzlocke, so you can kinda tell I'm not really looking to play the whole thing again for the sake of playing. So I probably won't restart for a good while.

I've only reached the 50 hour mark for my Pokemon X file, and that's nothing compared to other members' OTL So I probably won't be restarting anytime soon, and I have Bravely Default to keep me busy along with other games I plan to get so not sure if I'll ever actually get to the post-game material \:
Lol don't worry, there's practically no post-game material.

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
No, and I never will. I have too much amazing stuff on this one and a lot from past gens as well. I've poured my soul into it.

I'll wait for Z for replaying. X really isn't worth it since the best part is the online. Or the ending, which I can watch on YouTube again.

Back