• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon Brown 2009 [Final Dungeon Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokemonlover493

Trainer
Years
Cheers.

Any idea where the magmarizer is?

I assume the final dungeon is the cave you have to surf to in your hometown. I remember checking it out after I got my 7th badge and immediately getting kirbstomped by some trainer with all level 70+ pokemon. That or that building you can't go in until you beat the league in Hayward.

Also, do you meant he cave that leads you to a house with a teleporter?

The magmarizer is in the johto area.
That isn't the final dungeon although I do understand where you're coming from with that.
The final dungeon is in the house that was inaccessible before beating the elite 4. I don't remember which town though.

Prof. Birch

The Greatest Hoenn Professor
Years
The magmarizer is in the johto area.
That isn't the final dungeon although I do understand where you're coming from with that.
The final dungeon is in the house that was inaccessible before beating the elite 4. I don't remember which town though.

The Final Dungeon is located at Hayward City.

Lucky1Yena

Just some guy
Years
Uh, where's the ips patch for the new version? The 2014 download has this new file type I'm unfamiliar with, and none of the classic .ips file type I'm used to seeing.

Edit: I figured out how to patch it in the end, I'm just curious about the unusual of it all.

Edit2: Grammatical error. Should say "a Super Rod" not "an Super Rod". Just a minor thing I'm pointing out.

pXi5DAu.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2014
I like this hack. I beat the E4 last night.

Right now I have a Thunderwave, Psychic, Hyperbeam, Rest TM. Is there anyway to dupe these TMs, or get more of them? I want to teach multiple pokemon these moves.

Where can I get Softboiled?

Also, is there anywhere I can catch a Staryu or Starmie??

So TM41 is not softboiled anymore but some wood hammer crap? Where's softboiled?

Last edited by a moderator:

Prof. Birch

The Greatest Hoenn Professor
Years
I like this hack. I beat the E4 last night.

Right now I have a Thunderwave, Psychic, Hyperbeam, Rest TM. Is there anyway to dupe these TMs, or get more of them? I want to teach multiple pokemon these moves.

Where can I get Softboiled?

Also, is there anywhere I can catch a Staryu or Starmie??

So TM41 is not softboiled anymore but some wood hammer crap? Where's softboiled?

You can catch a Staryu at the Silk Tunnel.

Ted

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2015
Could anyone give me some hint regarding the Sapphire egg? I have all the other hidden items except this one. I searched EVERYWHERE - all routes, all caves, all towns, even inside buildings. At this point I have no idea what could I have missed. I don't wanna know the location, just some hints - is it early game or late game? Inside or outside? In a town or outside a town? In a rock, in a tree or in a wall? Any hint would help.

cardboardbox

Roaming Johto
Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 25, 2023
Could anyone give me some hint regarding the Sapphire egg? I have all the other hidden items except this one. I searched EVERYWHERE - all routes, all caves, all towns, even inside buildings. At this point I have no idea what could I have missed. I don't wanna know the location, just some hints - is it early game or late game? Inside or outside? In a town or outside a town? In a rock, in a tree or in a wall? Any hint would help.

I seem to remember someone posting quite a way back that the eggs are hidden in areas of their respective colour. But I haven't found any others than the ones already posted myself, so can't offer anything more I'm afraid!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 16, 2014
Sorry for disturbing.i am also confusing into the pokemon brown 2009 version 2.2 .then i complete rijion league & why i couldn't go to secret house at hayward city? Pls pls somebody help me...!

geekqueen2010

Artistic Lunarian Noobish Gamer
Years
How the hell do i patch this game? i don't know how to use this xdeltaUI.

Here's what the read-me should've said:
PATCHING with xdelta:
Step 1: Patch
Simply open xdeltaUI and select the Pokemon Brown xdelta file.

Step 2: Source File
Select the Pokemon Red ROM you downloaded earlier. If the program returns an error, you downloaded an incorrect ROM. Some sites have similiar Pokemon Red ROMs with minior differences. Please refer to the first paragraph of this seciton and try again.

Step 3: Output File
This will be the modified version of the ROM that you will play. Name it anything you want, but make sure that you also add ".gb" at the end of the file name. xDelta's output file does not have a file extension by default, so you have to add it yourself. You can save over the old Pokemon Brown ROM file if you want to continue where you left off.
If you still have trouble patching it, then I'll try to include screenshots showing you how to patch it step by step.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 4, 2017
Really loving this hack. Now if only GBA4IOS would make GameBoy games in color. Then I could really enjoy it on the go.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 16, 2014
Is there a way to play Brown on an Iphone without the sprite stripes bug? It doesn't even have to be in color.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back