• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: "L'art pour l'art" - DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Icontests are fun because icons take no time at all to make. If you plan on hosting any future signature contests, give me like 2-3 weeks to enter, heh. I couldn't compete against Dero anyway. :<

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Like I said, I don't really have any choice. XD; I'll be leaving home from March 4 onwards - no PC access. Can't really do anything about it. :( I shall participate in any contests that take place from June-July onwards, though! And go on a posting/commenting spree in A&D too. Because that is when I'll be free of a lot of ♥♥♥♥ and be back home. n_n;

^ ALSO SHUT UP SISTER. YOU'RE AMAZING AND I SUCK. :<

Nakala Pri

Oooooooh, I'll participate in the iContest! <3

I've only ever competed in one contest back in liek... early 2013? I can't be sure but this sounds like a real treat! C:

I want to get more social, helpful and just be more competitive here on PC! ^^

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I think it'd be pretty cool if it were "vintage" (or something along the lines). Basically, we'd take a stock image, make it into an icon, and add effects to have it look like an old picture of sorts.

Nakala Pri

Viiiiiintage, eh? xD Not really my thing but I gotta compete anyway so... hell yeah... I guess? :P

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Oh that sounds pretty cool. I could get on board with that~ trying to think of things that would take to being made vintage though, hmm.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
Sounds pretty neat, Although i can see if we go for vintage pretty much every image is going to have some sort of greyscale of sepia overlay and some damage filters...

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I LIKE IT

Next Icontest's gonna be vintage. Any subject, any material, any whatever; it just has to look vintage, either by way of what the icon is of or how it looks. Based on who's icon best captures the theme of "vintage".

o wait that means I have be a mod

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I really like the idea of voting, because, well, that's our traditional way. XD" Personally wouldn't mind with Jo being the judge either, though.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Oh no, I just meant I have to make the thread lol. Yeah no I never want to judge a contest myself if I can help it. xD

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
judging sucks butt lbr

So what would be the timeframe for submissions & voting? As in, how many days etc. I forgot what we used to do. :x

Nakala Pri

Buuuuuuuuut i'm not even that fond of voting so... xD I'm not sure. :P

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Icontest procedure was generally submission, then all submitters had to vote (for someone other than themselves ofc) or else disqualified, plus everyone else could vote, and winner gets an emblem (I have one :D) and then was disqualified from competing in the next Icontest.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Maybe we could go with one week for entries, and one week for voting? Two weeks, sounds a little too long, though. If this is a one-week event, then three days for entries and three days for voting should be fine. :] Also, I'm really looking forward to (possibly) getting a hold of that emblem. Yay!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Honestly, I want to start up weekly icontests again. :x With the winner picking the icon size and theme for the next one. o/

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
That'd be lovely. :D I miss Icontests a lot tbh. And then would there be some other contest like once a month as well? Tags or pixel art or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back