• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: PKMDS: Open Source Library & Save Editor

codemonkey85

Software Developer
Years
Hello all. Several years ago, I started working on something of a hobby project - a Pokémon save file editor. I thought Pokesav was big, ugly and confusing, and I wanted something functional that also looked nice. Over the years I tried out different approaches, and all the while new and better editors kept being released. So now my primary focus is an open-source library that anyone can use to build their own editor (or whatever).

Still, I'm making one for fun.

Please note that at this time this program supports Gen V only. You can find the source code on GitHub. There is also a download page for the save editor here.

This is free and unencumbered software released into the public domain. This software is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures Inc. or Game Freak Inc, and is created for solely recreational and non-profit use. Pokémon, Pokémon character names, Nintendo DS and Nintendo 3DS are trademarks of Nintendo. Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. I do not encourage cheating in multiplayer play. I must also emphasize that there will likely be bugs, so I wouldn't advise you use this to modify the save contents of your retail cart... that being said, I have done this, and there haven't been any problems that I've seen.

Last edited:

Orifiel

Priestess
Years
Nice Save Editor.
I've used one for Pokemon Platinum ended up loving my goods.
Anyways, Is it me or this should be on the Toolbox Section?
Well, the mods are up to that to that if they'll move it..

Years
Hey there codemonkey85, I've moved your post to the Toolbox since it seems fitting more over there! Best of luck on the development of your program! :)

Last edited:

codemonkey85

Software Developer
Years
Thanks guys! I just want to reiterate that the whole project is open-source, and I gladly welcome contributions, suggestions, and constructive criticism.

Absolumont

Obsessive Clothes Shopper
Years
Is it just me or can this tool not load anything? I've tried two different game saves, one edited to be ".sav", like Pokesav needs, while the other was ".dsv", which is the basic Desmume save file.

It seemed to load the players name in the bar along the top, but it refused to load any sprites or pokemon data. They were both different versions of Pokémon Black, too! Unless by "Generation V are the only games compatible" you meant "B2/W2 are only compatible", I don't know what's wrong.

Last edited:

Absolumont

Obsessive Clothes Shopper
Years
Yes, and yes!

But, the .SQLite files are 0KB somehow...

I'll go redownload it just to make sure...

EDIT: okay, I redownloaded and found that the ".SQLite" files didn't appear until after opening the application for the first time. Once again, they show 0KB as their file size. I'm using the Windows version, if that helps you.

Last edited:

codemonkey85

Software Developer
Years
Could be compatible with "Spanish SAV" plz?

It shouldn't matter what region the save file is from. As for support for the Spanish language, I think my database has all the in-game text / names in Spanish, but the UI would need to be translated as well, and I can't do that by myself.

Does this cover your question?

Back