• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
Can i do 2 single challenges at the same time?
Username: KillerCroCohen
Type: Water
Game: Leaf Green (Cartridge this time!)

As for my Sacred Gold Mono:
I still can't defeat Misty...i don't give up yet!!!!!!!

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
5th gen Ultimate mono-type (NO 3DS)
HunterLee2600
Poison
White, Heart gold, Leaf Green, Ruby, Pearl
Singles

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Ice Monotype - Platinum

Yay! Obedient Jynx! Finally got a badge that forces Jynx to obey me. Too bad it was all the way at Veilstone and I had to put up with a rebellious baby for the entire first half of the game. Unfortunately, I think Jynx will start rebelling again in about oh, three levels. Well, at least I still have Eevee. This monotype is approaching three months old. /sad

Current team:
Spoiler:

Years
Well, I was thinking of posting a double update, but the sapphire update took to long. So, I'm just going to update my Poison Mono.

Log:
Spoiler:

Current (And most likely final) Team:
Spoiler:

Badges: 5/8

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
Giving up on Crystal because I don't have the patience to grind up against weak Pokemon for Red in that game. So gonna do Soul Silver instead.

In the meantime I beat X as part of my run!

http://pkmnvideosya.tumblr.com/post/78814703483

Here's my team in all their low quality video glory!

Diggersby
Pidgeot
Heliolisk
Tauros
Wigglytuff

LOVED LOVED LOVED this team ;w;

http://www.twitch.tv/necrumwarrior PS Come watch Necrum's Nuzlocke stream

Last edited:

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
For the Sacred gold challenge, i'm dropping it. I can't win Misty with 6 ♥♥♥♥ing Fire-types.

And don't add my 2nd sign up im dropping it too.

Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2018
Ultimate Fire Monotype Platinum Update:
-chose Chimchar and defeated rival on Route 201
-defeated rival on Route 203
-Chimchar evolved into Monferno
-caught Ponyta on Route 207
-defeated Roark
-defeated Gardenia
-received Eevee from Bebe
-defeated Fantina

Team:
Spoiler:

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
Af6yfub.png

ZqUG8a5.png
RtdNMEO.png

Started my playthrough on Soul Silver! I was stuck with Noctowl until after Whitney so my boy got a little overleveled. And I decided to use Stantler again to redeem my run through from Crystal. Gonna catch a Meowth when I can. Not sure what else I'll use.​

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Updated through Post #150. Voting for Mega Evolution in Monotype Challenges is coming to a close in just a few days so if you haven't cast your vote you should.

Avadon14

Little Pocket Monster
Years
Forum User Name: Avadon14
Pokémon Type: Fire
Challenge Type: Ultimate
Game(s): Red, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, White 2, and X.
Previous Progress: No
I'll get started right away!

EDIT!
Okay, So far I have...
-Named myself Avadon, and my rival Lucifen.
-Chose :t004: as my starter.
-BEAT MY RIVAL OH YEAH!
-Delivered Parcel and Received Pokedex.
-Received Town Map.
-Grinded on Route 1.
-:t004: evolved to :t005:.
-:t005: is now level 16.
-Traversed to Pewter City.
-Beat Brock, and earned the Boulder Badge.
-Blacked out on Route 3(?)
-:t005: is now level 20.
-Got to Mt. Moon.
-Wandered around pointlessly.
-Got the Helix Fossil.
-Blacked out due to Poisoning.
-Got to Cerulean City!
-:t005: is now level 22.
-Blacked out against Misty 5x. (Why you say? Why not, I say.)
-Blacked out against Rival (Lucifen).
-Beat Lucifen.
-Blacked out against Misty.
-Officially Broke.
-:t005: is now level 30.
-Beat Misty, and earned the Cascade Badge.
I'm gonna call it a night, Happy Gaming!

Last edited:

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
Years
Looks like I'm done with my Fire Monotype in Red!

Spoiler:

Pretty quick update, but this Challenge took less than two days to finish on my iPad at 4x Speed. (I wish this were on an OG Game Boy Color)

Final Info:
Spoiler:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Ultimate Bug Monotype Challenge: Silberne Edition HeartGold Version
7/16

So, I got HeartGold version replaced today, and was able to effectively insert my save from my German SoulSilver into it. So the journey continues. I managed to clear the Rocket Hideout and defeated Pryce.

Team:
Spoiler:

Avadon14

Little Pocket Monster
Years
Update!
I beat Red today, so I'm gonna put the rest of my journey data!

Spoiler:

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Psychic Monotype - Emerald

What a pain in the behind. I spent 2 hours hunting for Ralts. Then I spent another training it. Unfortunately for me, the first trainer has a Poochyena, meaning the best way for me to kill it is to use Struggle. So yeah, that's what I did. Later I had to fight Team Aqua. Oh guess what, he has a Poochyena. So I had to do the same thing... TWICE. After getting my requisite two badges, I had to go deliver this part to Capt. Stern. Oh hey, it's Team Aqua. Oh look, it's a FLIPPIN' CARVANHA! I can't wait until I reach the game corner, I really can't.

I TAKE BACK ALL THE BAD THINGS I SAID ABOUT GEN 3 BUG MONOTYPES

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 2, 2021
Ultimate Dark Monotype Challenge: Black Version
8/8

I'm back after a short hiatus, didn't know there was a darkblack hack until I googled it after seeing the updates on the first page. The game I'm playing is pokemon black not a hack.

Spoiler:

Team :
Spoiler:

Sylvie18

Stray Cat
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 1, 2015
Forum User Name: Sylvie18
Pokémon Type: Fire
Challenge Type: Ultimate
Game(s): LeafGreen, SoulSilver, Emerald, Platinum, Black , X
Previous Progress: Nope

MachoPony

Resident Brony
Years
Pokemon X Bugmono Update
Spoiler:

CURRENT TEAM
Spoiler:

Years
Well, I was going to try and beat Crasher Wake too, but I feel that I haven't updated my Ghost Mono for too long. So, I'll update my Ghost Mono.

Log:
Spoiler:

Current Team:
Spoiler:

Badges: 4/8

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years
I'm switching my Single Sacred Gold run to an Ultimate run with the following games
LeafGreen, Sacred Gold, Emerald, Platinum, White 2, X
I'm not far enough into SG for an update, but I am ready for an X update.

Pokémon X Electric Monotype Update 1: A Shocking Victory!

BADGE CASE
50px-Bug_Badge.png

LOG

I began the game as Noah, the male Pokémon Trainer. After leaving home, I met up with Serena and Shauna, who told me to come to Aquacorde Town... to get a Pokémon? Sheesh, okay. I trekked across Route 1 and reached the town, where I sat down with my new rivals. For a starter, I chose Froakie to use for my every HM need. I then received a Pokédex and a letter, which I head to deliver to my mom. On my way home, Shauna challenged me to a battle. I crushed her. Period. I reached home soon, where I delivered the letter and got the Map. Returning to Route two, I met up with the gang. Serena taught us how to catch Pokémon. After that, I headed into Santalune Forest, where I began hunting for a Pikachu. Eventually, I found and captured Shokra, the female Pikachu.

025f.gif
Shokra the Pikachu has joined the team!
025f.gif

I grinded Shokra to Level 9, then exited the forest. Finally reaching Santalune City, I healed in the Pokémon Center, then headed into the Gym after beating the Roller Skater and receiving the Roller Skates. I grinded a little on the Youngsters and Lasses, then returned to the Center to heal. I also bought some Potions. After returning, I faced Viola.

50px-Bug_Badge.png
VS. Gym Leader Viola
50px-Bug_Badge.png

TURN 1
I lead with Shokra while Viola lead with Surskit, who made the first move with Quick Attack, however only taking 1/6 of Shokra's HP. Shokra retaliated with Thunder Shock, actually dealing over 1/2 of Surskit's HP.
TURN 2
Shokra went first with Thunder Shock, KO'ing Surskit.
TURN 3
Viola sent out Vivillion, who struck first with Tackle. leaving Shokra with a little over 1/2 HP. She used Thunder Shock again, but only dealt about 1/5.
TURN 4
Viola went first again, this time with Infestation. Shokra only had 7 HP left. Thunder Shocked the Vivillion again, this time taking 1/3 away. Shokra then took damage from Infestation.
TURN 5
I used a Potion to heal Shokra, and Vivillion used Infestation again. Between that and the end-of-turn Infestation damage, Shokra lost a whole 1/3 of her HP.
TURN 6
Vivillion went first with Infestation. My Pikachu Thunder Shocked the butterfly thing again, bringing it's HP into the red. Infestation damage did the same thing to Shokra.
TURN 7
I took a risk and commanded Shokra to use Quick Attack... only for Viola to use a Potion. Because of that, the move only just barely brought Vivillion below half.
TURN 8
While I healed, Vivillion struck with Tackle.
TURN 9
I had to heal again... curse the evil Tackle... which Vivillion used again. On the bright side, Shokra was freed from Infestation.
TURN 10
Vivillion used Tackle, and Shokra used Thunder Shock, bringing Vivillion into the red zone.
TURN 11
Survived another Tackle with just 4 HP, and then Static kicked in, paralyzing Vivillion. Shokra used Thunder Shock, knocking out Vivillion.

50px-Bug_Badge.png
Gym Leader Viola was defeated! The Bug Badge has been won!
50px-Bug_Badge.png

Well, I finally beat Viola! And I'm severely underleveled. I'm definitely gonna grind before the next update.

TEAM
025f.gif

13.png

#032 Pikachu
Level 11 - Nature: Lonely - Ability: Static
Characteristic: Likes to eat.
-Quick Attack
-Thunder Shock
-Play Nice
-Tail Whip​

Last edited:
Status