• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most interesting fact

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2017
Hey guys,
so I 've been searching the net lately for pokemon facts and I thought I 'd make a thread here about this.
So what is the most interesting fact you know about pokemon? The one that you find the most exciting or the one that gives you goosebumps? Let us know it.

Mine is that in the Japanese version of the anime, Misty had genuine romantic feelings for Ash. I always liked the possibility of light romance between the protagonists. This is edited out altogether in the English version though.

Here's a site about pokemon facts I found: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/50471630.html

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
Every Spinda has a unique pattern of spots. In-game, there are exactly 4,294,967,296 possible outcomes (Not counting shiny).

That's a freakin' lot of combinations.

Shadeh

KABOOM!
Years
There are many pokemon that started the world but could end it anytime. Dialga, palkia, Giratina, Arceus, Xerneus, Ylvetal, etc

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Doduo and Dodrio have the ability to fly, but they don't have wings. Personally, I find that to be pretty interesting. How do they execute it, exactly? Do they just spin their heads around like a helicopter until they're in the air? Even if they did that, wouldn't it actually hurt them? :p

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2017
Doduo and Dodrio have the ability to fly, but they don't have wings. Personally, I find that to be pretty interesting. How do they execute it, exactly? Do they just spin their heads around like a helicopter until they're in the air? Even if they did that, wouldn't it actually hurt them? :p

I have read that they can move their legs so fast that they can fly kind of. Although this doesn't sound plausible. I used to think that they can jump so high and travel so fast that they 're like flying, because I think Falkner's Dodrio in the anime jumped really high responding to the order ''fly'' from Falkner in the gym battle.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I'm partial to the helicopter method, myself. If only because it looks so darn amusing in comics, haha.

Going from a recent article I helped edit... well, for starters Marcargo is hotter than the surface of the sun. That's sure something.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
This feels like we can bring about some fun discussions from. So I will move it to Pokémon General's main index instead of Pokémon Voting Polls, if the original poster is okay with that.

Magcargo is hotter than the sun's surface? That's... Well, whoa.

And I really don't like that Dodrio and Doduo can learn FLY, haha. But the helicopter comics are hilarious.

@ Shadeh, true. I guess they are benevolent after all, since they aren't destroying the world? Even though Arceus gets angry once in a while... Apparently.

GhastlyGastly

Crazy Pokémon Lady
Years
There are many pokemon that started the world but could end it anytime. Dialga, palkia, Giratina, Arceus, Xerneus, Ylvetal, etc

To be fair, those are only legends. There isn't any proof that they created anything, haha :pink_laugh: Though I seem to be the only person who ever questions that stuff.

Oh, and as for the Doduo/Dodrio Fly conundrum, I'm partial to a lighter-than-air gas solution myself. It's too heavy to fly, so it collects gas in some organ in its body that allows it to fly; and maybe it has some tiny, ostrich-type wings that it steers with, somewhere concealed in all its fluff, haha :pink_giggle:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Oh, and as for the Doduo/Dodrio Fly conundrum, I'm partial to a lighter-than-air gas solution myself. It's too heavy to fly, so it collects gas in some organ in its body that allows it to fly; and maybe it has some tiny, ostrich-type wings that it steers with, somewhere concealed in all its fluff, haha
Yeah, doesn't the animation in X/Y let it... sort of hover above the battlefield simply? So that speaks for your gas organ theory haha.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Being lighter than air helps explain Wailord floating about at least. But well, that's because going by dex stats it actually is less dense than air...

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Doctor Who has been spotted in the Pokemon games. Jirachi is the only Pokemon introduced in Gen. 3 that starts with the letter 3. Every sprite for every key item starting in Gen. 3 that were gold/silver were but back into B/W 2. Eterna City D/P/Pt is very similar to Agate Village in Colloseum. There music is even similar.

In the Pokemon world, people would put Darumaka's poop in their clothes to stay warm. lmao

Years
(Speaking of the topic subject,, Clefairy was to be given to Ash? That is just odd.

Yeah, in fact they intended to make Clefairy the mascot of Pokemon in general but it didn't appeal well to males for some reason (too pink I guess) so they had to use something with a more gender-neutral appeal and hence they chose Pikachu.

Another one worth sharing, the reason Snubbull and Granbull became pure Fairy-types (and also being in the Fairy egg group) in 6th Gen could be due to the fact their species name probably references the Cù Sìth, which translates to "dog fairy". How very interesting.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Another one worth sharing, the reason Snubbull and Granbull became pure Fairy-types (and also being in the Fairy egg group) in 6th Gen could be due to the fact their species name probably references the Cù Sìth, which translates to "dog fairy". How very interesting.
On top of that, Ampharos gains the Dragon typing with its mega form because of its Japanese name Denryu - or as you can take it, 'electric dragon'.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
That goes for all the main series regions, actually - the first four are all based on different parts of Japan, Unova is (loosely) based on New York, and Kalos has inspirations from France.

The region of Orre, setting for Pokémon Colosseum and XD: GoD is also said to be based on Arizona.

Years
Spinda's pattern one and what are some pokemon based on (Lucario on Anubis etc.) and how some pokemon got their names and why did jynx change it's color from black to purple ^^

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 4, 2014
Magikarp has two very small fins like Nemo, is the same colour, and is orange. It's Pokenemo!

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
When it comes to interesting facts about Pokemon, I found that two facts I have found to be the most interesting have to do with the names of characters. First, gym leaders Giovanni and Juan, their names are the Italian and Spanish equivalents of the English name John respectively. As for the Pokemon themselves, when it comes to starting their names, the two most common used letters are S and M with 103 and 59 respectively

Back