• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fun Game, The Card Collab Collecting Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Artwork: 5/10. Boring Sugimori art.

Playability: 4/10. It's a Stage 1 with an attack that costs 3 energy, which is a lot of energy for an attack of a Stage 1 back in its time.

Collectibility: 4/10. It's an uncommon from Neo Genesis. It doesn't trigger much nostalgia for me.

Feraligatr, you're up!

displayimage.php

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Artwork: 6/10 follows the dark, 3D, and headshot theme of the Primes but that's not necessarily a good thing IMO

Playability: 7/10 no drawbacks and basically takes two turns at most to knock out a card but nothing special

Collectibility: 7/10 I still see many HG/SS era cards in stores but Primes are still hard to come by. I only have two ._•

Ret's sent out the next card:
SentretEXLegendMaker62.jpg

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Artwork: 10/10 - ahahah oh my god I love it. Look at the tiny cute little thing trying to act so tough and strong, it's beyond adorable.

Playability: 4/10 - very standard for a basic Pokémon, nothing great, and as far as I remember the evolution is pretty poor - usable for casual games though.

Collectability: -1/10 - is there anyone that doesn't own this card?

430px-FurretHeartGoldSoulSilver21.jpg

Years
Artwork: 6/10. Cute and all, but meh.

Playability: 3/10. Just so outclassed by so many other Pokemon in its era because of its low HP and low damage.

Collectibility: 2/10. It's a rare, but I've managed to end up with probably 7 or 8 copies of this and a few other "rares" from HGSS.

Now into the night we go with an owl!

displayimage.php

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Artwork: 7/10 Nice 2D illustration and a cheerful forest setting at night; perfect way to show off Insomnia :D

Playability: 2/10 Nice Sleep prevention but could be 1HKO'd by a lot of staged Pokémon and a lot of basics that don't evolve. Peck is meh

Collectibility: 6/10 HGSS Promo that I've never seen before. I'm assuming it's like the other promos from that set where you can see it through the plastic packaging and can still be found in stores.

Noctowl's staying up all night with Hoothoot to get lucky rated:
6.jpg

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Artwork: 10/10 Is this a foil card? It would look so nice in foil.

Playability: 7/10 It's Poke-Power is pretty useful to foreshadow what your opponent might play and it's attack is pretty good, but requires a bit too much energy for it imo.

Collectibility: Not sure about this one, I'd give it a 5/10 if it ain't foil but if it is, I'll give a 7/10.

Next up, a Pokemon that isn't well known for it's combat abilities in the Pokemon world!

LedybaSouthernIslands7.jpg

Last edited:
Years
Artwork: 7/10. Happy Ledyba is great!

Playability: 5/10 for its time. Not great for a basic, not bad.

Collectibility: 6/10. It's from the Southern Islands set, and those cards can be hard to come by.

Next up, Ledian!

displayimage.php

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
Artwork: 10/10 Fits the Style Perfectly!
Playability: 5/10
Collectability: 7/10

Just to catch up with the thread, making up for a poster's accident, I'm gonna post 2 cards as opposed of 1. It's perfectly legal as I am the thread master, though I started it with my old account.

Don't believe me? That's fine, but just to clarify, the first post was my own, under my old username before I switched accounts.

Anyways, Spinarak and Ariados. You are not allowed to post 2 after this, only I can.

180px-SpinarakEXTeamRocketReturns78.jpg

neo4rare.ariados.jpg

Yeah Ariados is the Japanese Neo Destiny one, but who cares?

Translation, to avoid breaking a rule
Spoiler:

Years
Combo rate go!

Artwork 5/10 and 5/10. A pair of boring pieces.

Playability: 3/10 and 5/10. A pair of Pokemon with meh HP and expensive attacks that don't do as much as they could for their time.

Collectibility: 2/10 and 3/10. A common and an uncommon, both from older sets. Meh.

Go, Crobat!
displayimage.php

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
Artwork: 9/10... Looking scary, just how a bat should be.
Playability: 9/10 It's PokePower will stop the opponent from playing ANY Pokemon from his or her hand, allowing an easy donk.
Collectability: 2/10 (Can't say 1/10 due to being a Rare)

Plug the fish in!

55.jpg

Hmm.... it's sad to see this game be forgotten about. I hope someone catches on soon...

Last edited:
Years
Honestly, I thought this thread was going to kick the bucket before you posted I was thinking I might have to let it die and then reboot it.

Artwork: 6/10. It's Sugimori art, but that's practically on everything Pokemon related.

Playability: 4/10. That 50 HP does nothing to negate the fact that Supersonic is dependent on a coin flip and that Flail needs damage on Chinchou to even do damage.

Collectibility: 4/10. It's a 1st Edition print, but it's still just a common.

displayimage.php

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
donavannj is right, this thread might hit the boot if people don't continue posting, otherwise, we'll have to start AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALL over from Bulbasaur.

Anyway

Artowrk: Fits the Pokepower nicely! 8/10
Playability: Type changing engaged! 8/10
Collectability: 6/10 Uncommon from Neo Revelation.

#172 is Pichu.

28-pichu-heartgold-soulsilver-hs.jpg

I tried a google search for Hs-Triumphant Pichu, and when I came up to this card, I posted it.

Because Pichu is a Basic Pokemon, it can't evolve into Pikachu like in the main games, making me give this card a 1/10 for Playability. Since the BW-era, baby Pokemon have been removed all together and will never be printed on cards again...

Years
Collectibility: 4/10. It may be a rare, but I think I ended up with 6 of them.

Playability: 7/10. Greate early turn disruption and setup for the era it's form.

Artwork: 6/10. Goes great with the HGSS card style, but it's not something that stands out.

Cleffa is up next!

displayimage.php

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
Alrighty, my turn.

Playability: 6/10 It's a Basic with 30 HP, but it was a staple in decks during the 2011 season, with its move...
Collectability: 4/10 Junk Rare in Call of Legends. Aw jeez...
Artwork: 9/10 What a face

OK, Igglybuff, you next!

183573.jpg

Did you know that Igglybuff and its evolutionary relatives are the only Pokemon with the type combination of Normal/Fairy? The rest of the Normal-types that became Fairy-type got completely changed to pure-Fairy, making the Igglybuff line unique.

Years
That typing decision they did was very odd...

Playability: 5/10. Auto sleep, but Jigglypuff and Wigglytuff from its era aren't exactly things to write home about, so it's basically just there to stall.

Collectibility: 4/10. It's a Wizards Promo, but it's just Igglybuff. And Wizard's Promos are not worth very much at the moment since so many are in circulation.

Artwork: 8/10. Two Igglybuff playing. Looks like oodles of fun.

Up next is Togepi!

displayimage.php

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
The Southern Islands set is valuable indeed, and this Togepi is worth the coillecting, but the holofoil of the scan makes it too had to read. But from what I see, the attack only does 10 damage and requires a coin flip for the secondary effect...

Artwork: 6/10
Playability: 1/10
Collectability: 9/10

Since the Pokemon Company has not yet released a Fairy-type Togetic card, this Delta Togetic will have to do...

Togetic_Delta_Species_1466001.jpg

Years
Artwork: 6/10. Pretty common style on all the cards.
Playability: 6/10. Delta Copy is interesting, but hard to pull off.
Collectibility: 4/10. It's a rare from a Delta Species era set, but it's still just a rare.

Natu is next in the order!

displayimage.php

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
Help! This game is getting buried! We're gonna need help to continue to avoid having to start over!

Artwork: 10/10 The poor Natu are lost in the cold...
Playability: 3/10 Only 20 damage for 2 Energy (at least one of which Psychic)
Collectability: 8/10 At least it's worth some collectability.

Let's evolve this thing into a Xatu!

56.jpg

This game is about to hit the boot. Somebody post here before it gets buried.

Last edited:
Years
Artwork: 6/10. It's got Xatu flying over a bridge, though it doesn't feel like it's popping out at me.
Playability: 4/10. That first attack is too risky, and that HP is extremely low. That second attack is decent, but expensive.
Collectibility: 4/10. It's just a newer set non-holo rare. Those can easily be had in abundance.

Up next, Mareep!

displayimage.php

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
Artwork: 10/10 So cute! Despite being Sugimori art, the way it's designed is CUTE!!!!
Playability: 4/10 there are better Electric Pokémon...
Collectability: 5/10 Though Neo Genesis is old, and no longer in production, this card will appear in many booster packs of that set.

Marrep have evolved into Flaaffy!

Flaaffy.DRX.39.png

I Flaaf, I cry, it's moving.
Next up is Ampharos. Someone rate Flaafy and post Ampharos FAST.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back