• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] sketch'd & scan'd

Adin Terim

Absolutely Insane
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2021
Just recently started drawing pokemon while I was bored in class. Didn't have any thing to color them in with so I scanned them and this is what I have so far. Ignore the ugly hands, still need to work on them :/. If you see any way that I can improve please tell me.

Duskull
Spoiler:

Dusclops
Spoiler:

Dusknoir
Spoiler:

Gengar
Spoiler:

Abra
Spoiler:

Litwick
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Hi there! n_n

I like your ghost Pokemon! If you don't mind my asking, why did you choose to draw ghosts? I mean, I know these doodles came from boredom, but I was just curious if they were your favorite type or something lol.

Like you already mentioned, hands seem to be a weakness of yours. But with time these things will begin to happen naturally, it just takes practice! In the meantime, it seems like you've already got a good eye for color. I'm actually rather surprised that you were able to nail near perfect poses for these ghosts from memory! That is, unless of course you were using a reference lol. My advice for you is to be mindful of your line work. Your lines seem a little sketchy and unorganized, and bold in some places they don't need to be; for example, Duskull's head / hat thing. Just make sure you take your time when your outlining and you'll be set!

I hope you continue to post your art here! :3 You're certainly well on your way!

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Well, if my eyes aren't deceiving me, they honestly do look like the in-game models or official art and you probably used references. But my memory ain't the best so I'm probably wrong. XD; Anyway, I do agree with alex - your linework is kinda sketchy. Some more line-work practice with brushes would really help you out, I think. :3 Your coloring is pretty good and shading's nice as well. Only the lines stick out so I'd try to improve that aspect if I were you. Gengar looks a little weird but I can't put my finger on it. Probably has something to do with the positioning of the left arm which feels odd...but yeah, I'm not sure.

Anyway, nice works, man! Hope you continue to post your stuff in here. :]

Adin Terim

Absolutely Insane
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2021
Ghosts are some of my favorite pokemon, specifically Haunter and Duskull. That's the main reason I drew these pokemon, I also have the Scraggy line done and crappy Sableye. With the Gengar (and the unseen Gastly) I did draw from memory, probably the reason why it looks a little off. But my memory is not photographic :P so I looked up reference pictures on my phone for the Duskull line and the other pokemon.

Thanks for the tips on line art from the both of you. The random really bold line are probably from where I had be erasing a lot and really dug my pencil into the paper to make the lines stay. I plan to pay more attention to my line work and get more erasers xD the next time I draw. The more that I can fix the line art on the paper the less work I should have to do in Paint.net, it felt like I spent more time removing smudges and kind of smoothing out the lines than I did actually drawing them :/

Adin Terim

Absolutely Insane
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2021
This week I discovered the magic of the pen tool in photoshop...
So have some of my kinda crappy attempts at drawing ponies:
attachment.php

attachment.php

And currently working on redoing my avatar, so much cleaner lines and better coloring coming soon. Hopefully. When I get around too it. :\

Adin Terim

Absolutely Insane
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2021
At first I was using paint.net, then I used photoshop with the ponies, so now I've moved on to trying sai. Here's my effort at redoing my avatar.

attachment.php

I've got some more sketches done, so expect some more pics soon.

Last edited:

Adin Terim

Absolutely Insane
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2021
Wow, it's been a little while since I last posted something. So my phone was eligible for an upgrade a week ago and I got a Note 3. I've been messing around around with the s pen, so here's a sketch dump.

I've got a couple more ideas sketched out, so hopefully I should have some more stuff done soon.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Hey! Welcome back Adin! :)

Your new drawings are very cute. They're actually a lot better than your older stuff. I love what you're doing with the Sableye. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the new drawings you're talking about. Please come back and update soon! n_n;

Adin Terim

Absolutely Insane
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2021
Hey! Welcome back Adin! :)

Your new drawings are very cute. They're actually a lot better than your older stuff. I love what you're doing with the Sableye. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the new drawings you're talking about. Please come back and update soon! n_n;

With my new phone sketching out things has become 100x easier to do, no more smudging and worrying about how dark my lines are; layers make it a breeze. Only problem is the screen is just small enough that it ends up ruining my attempts at nice and smooth lineart. I had finished up the Beedrill, but it went from a kind of decent looking sketch (minus the legs) to a kinda crappyish picture. Lesson learned, go back and do lineart in photoshop :(

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Oh come on now, it looks fine! :3 The sketch is actually really good, in my opinion. Just make sure you use the resources available to you if you want the best product. Taking the line art and moving it to Photoshop may be more advantageous for you, since you're working in such a small area that limits you. Give that a shot and post the results. I'm very much interested in how it works out for you.

Adin Terim

Absolutely Insane
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2021
I like everything about the sketch except for the legs and arms. Arms I intended, and did fix, in the final lineart and the the legs I just couldn't get to look right. I'll come back to you on a photoshop finished image later, I might even decide to redo that beedrill.

As it's midnight for me and I should probably be in bed right now cuz I have to work in the morning, so here's one last sketch. I'm probably gonna decapitate it as I like the head (once I move the eye), but the body doesn't look quite right to me and needs to be redone.
attachment.php

WAS

Years
The pen tool is some magic vodoo isn't it? haha. Gotta love Photoshop! I've been at it for over 14 years! Since I was a kid!

I really like the top sketch of Duskull. I didn't know this Pokemon so I had to look him up. Now I like him a lot. :D

Adin Terim

Absolutely Insane
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2021
I really like the top sketch of Duskull.
Thanks, that was really the first drawing that I was really proud of.

So I meant to have a nice picture done, but I'm beat from work and didn't get as much done as I wanted. It still needs some work -particularity the flame and the area around the eye- before I'm ready to 'ink' it and color it in photoshop, but I'm happy with it.

A Chubby Litwick
attachment.php

Fairy said that my new stuff is cuter than my older stuff, and I'm inclined to agree on this piece.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I know you're still in the sketching phases of this, but try to make your lines a little tighter. Take care to go over the base of your drawing smoothly and singularly (as in, try to loosely emulate the pen tool), so you don't have to do as much correction to do when you color in photoshop. If your lines are clean, you'll have an easier time.

Just wanted to throw that in real quick. :) I meant to mention it earlier but I totally forgot haha. But you're Litwick it actually much cleaner than your pony before, so I think you're getting the hang of it. n_n

Adin Terim

Absolutely Insane
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2021
I'm still figuring out what works with drawing on my phone, so glad to see there's some visible improvement. For a cleaner sketch hows this look?

attachment.php

Looking at it now I feel like the right side needs a bit more work and I kinda cheated in cleaning it up. Still not confidant enough in my ability to make nice curved lines yet so I just thickened them and then used the eraser tool.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 29, 2014
I have seen a lot of improvement as i looked from top to bottom. keep it up! It looks amazing :)

Adin Terim

Absolutely Insane
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2021
Had a busy schedule last week, work and school were taking up all of my time. I finally finished up my litwick. Tried a new method for 'inking' and while I like it, I can tell I still need some practice. I couldn't really get the flame to look right:

attachment.php

Saki

The Fire Fox
Years
Ouu, I really like the minimalist approach to that Litwick. Neat technique as well. :)

Adin Terim

Absolutely Insane
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2021

So I was looking over some photos I had taken and found some of an assignment I did last year for my art history class and I thought I'd share them.

If I remember correctly it was during the egyptian period and we had to make a 'death scroll'. I really liked what I came up with, but sadly the actual piece was lost.

Back