• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Elemental Monkeys

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
In Pokémon Black and White, you're given the chance to obtain either Pansage, Pansear, and Panpour, depending on the starter you chose. These Pokémon are super-effective against whatever leader you wind up facing in the first gym, whether it be Cilan, Cress, or Chili. So, anyway, what are your opinion on these monkeys? Did you use them in any of your battles? How long have you kept them on your team?

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I really didnt care much for the monkeys. I thought their design was meh and they usually ended up being used for Cut only...
I just think BW had many Pokemon that were waaay cooler to have than those.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
I recall in my first playthrough of White, I ended up using Pansear's evolved form, Simisear as a member of my Legendary Weapons team. It was either my third or fourth highest leveled member of the team. I recall I chose not to evolve Pansear into Simisear until it was level 43. After using one of the Elemental Monkeys on one of my teams, I figured not to do so again.

Years
I chose Oshawott so I ended up with Pansear, sadly the little fiery monkey starts off weaker than the other two, and while I do like these monkeys he still ended up getting boxed.

Goomy Gumi

Gooey Vocaloid
Years
My Pansear got permaboxed once the fight with Cilan was over. I never planned on using it.

As for the monkeys in general, I'm meh on them. Panpour is probably the best, but it's still not something I'd really like to use on my team permanently.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
I used my Panpour for a while, but then got rid of it for a Pansage somewhere. I really like the elemental monkeys, they're cute and not bad.

Elements1

Meh
Years
Got Pansage, not too thrilled as mentioned above, he was my HM slave. I didn't even evolve him, poor poor Pansage :(

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Panseeeeaaaarrrrr <3
I love Pansear and Simisear tbh. Simisear's lil' White, furry bolero like thing is just so cute and fabulous. <3
Plus I actually love the monkeys' movepools. They're very fun to play around with. c:
If I ever get one, they stay in my party until the end of the game, so they usually show up in my Hall of Fame. They've always had the ability to really become a front-runner for the E4 for me, too. .3.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
I like Pansage, mainly because of Cilan and then its design -- I like it when I first saw the leaked images! :D :D

I used Pansage until I reach Pinwheel Forest, I replaced him with a Petilil. T^T

Years
When I first played through White, I used my Pansage for the whole game along with four others of mine.

But in most other regular playthroughs, I never really cared for them after a while in the presence of stuff like Darumaka, Frillish and such. Although in my Wedlocke, my Simisear lasted to right after the sixth badge before dying.

Years
  • Age 37
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 23, 2020
In my first play through I had Simipour on my team all the way until I beat the Pokemon league, but it didn't get used a huge amount.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 14, 2023
I found them to be useful for the first gym or two, but afterwords, their usefulness was pretty much outclassed by other pokemon. I had a Panpour in my first run through that I boxed almost instantly after getting through Pinwheel Forest, simply because there were better pokemon to fill its spot on my team that did its job better.

They're decent enough to get you through early game, but they quickly stop being your best option.

The elemental monkeys have nice designs however, and if you really wanted to keep one on a team, they can continue to be passable. However they're never get to be much more than just that; passable.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
During my first playthrough, I tried training my Pansear at first but it was rather weak and proved to grow too slowly, plus it did not live up to my expectations as a permanent member of my team. After a while, I grew tired with it and boxed it. There are other better fire-types out there such as Darmanitan and Chandelure anyway. As for the gym battle, I used my Lillipup to completely destroy Cilan's team, endofstory.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I chose Snivy on my White, so I got Panpour. I don't like any of the elemental monkeys; I don't like monkeys in general, and the Unova elemental monkeys just aren't terribly good...but for some reason I used Panpour/Simipour all the way to the Elite 4. Maybe I'm crazy or something.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
In Black, I wound up getting Pansear. I've used it only to defeat the first gym, and kept on it on my team for a while only for HM reasons. As soon as I got a hold of Biberal, I got rid of it. xD;; It's not a bad Pokémon or anything, but I'm just not too fond of its design. Its stats aren't that great, either, and it also cannot learn as much HMs. In White, I obtained Pansage, which had received a similar treatment.

Years
I chose Oshawott in White so my monkey was Pansear.. which did help me quite a bit in defeating the gym leader, I'll admit. But I don't like them too much outside that so I ended up boxing the little guy after the first gym.

Sorry, Pansear! :(

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
I generally use whatever monkey I get for at least a while. They've got decent (though certainly not great) stats and pretty good movesets, so it's not like they're bad or anything. Sooner or later though, I end up replacing the monkey with something else that'll do the same thing better.

Back