• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Vale Institute of Magic (M) (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenthcompanion

Glass Cannon
Years
Guinevere Octavia Queen
~Pyromancer Extraordinaire~ (not)

Bzzt~ Bzzt~ Bzzt~ The shrill sound of an alarm clock invaded Gwen's dreams and pulled her back into the world of the conscious. "Ugh..." She slapped the snooze button with the intention of going right back to sleep but the morning announcements had other plans. A cheery voice blared through the P.A. system and ruined whatever chance she had of falling asleep again. Groggily, she dragged herself out of bed and shuffled over to her private bathroom (sweet!), turning the knob in the shower. After all there was nothing like a nice, hot shower to wake you up in the morning. She let the invigorating warmth wash over her as she thought about her plans for the day. As per her parent's pleas, Gwen actually planned to attend all of her classes today. Until she determined if they were boring enough to skip or not, she figured it would be best to learn at least a little bit before ditching to practice her moves instead. Otherwise her day was pretty much free. Lots of time to check out the rec room and conquer Victory Road in Pokemon SoulSilver.

After about fifteen minutes Gwen hopped out of the shower and began picking out her outfit for the day. She wasn't particularly fashion-forward so her clothes consisted of a slightly baggy pair of jeans, an orange tank top and a lightweight brown zip-up hoodie that had cat ears poking up from the hood. As she was brushing her teeth, she powered up her Nintendo DS and loaded her saved game. Not surprisingly, 7:30 came around in the blink of an eye and Gwen found herself lying backwards on her bed, feet propped up against the headboard. "Oops," she thought, saving her game and sticking the handheld console into her sweater pocket. She grabbed her messenger bag off the floor, slipped into a pair of white converse and dashed down to the cafeteria for breakfast.

By the time she arrived the cafeteria was pretty packed so Gwen decided to just grab and apple and a granola bar before heading back out. She didn't really feel like being in a giant crowd right now. Instead, she wandered around campus until she found the entrance to the rec room and strolled in to see what it looked like. Tossing the skinny apple core, she pushed open one of the double doors and stared in awe at all the awesome stuff. The main area was full of couches, tvs, and... was that a Playstation she spied in the corner? To her right there was a sign leading the way to the indoor swimming pool, but what lie ahead was much more interesting. Gwen made her way into the huge battlefield and started bouncing up and down on her tiptoes in excitement. This. Was. Awesome! She couldn't wait to start practicing in here.

While she was staring into space and imagining her future battles in this room, Gwen failed to notice that there was another student already inside. A short distance away from her a boy was tossing throwing stars at far away targets.

Last edited:

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Jason Barrett

Jason was getting faster and more accurate than before. Maybe this training was paying off better than he hoped. Maybe next time he'd get a victory in a battle instead of a draw. He was hoping to at least make a good impression on SOMEBODY in this school. The question was, though, who? No sooner had he thought about this that he was instantly aware of someone else nearby. He stopped in mid-throw and allowed his throwing star to dissipate before turning around to see...a new student that seemed to be very excited about something.

From what he could see of her, she was fairly cute but didn't seem to like to show it off. He saw her game system in her sweater pocket and silently made a note in his mind that she was a gamer. As he followed her gaze, it became clear that she saw the field he was on and was having far-away thoughts. It appeared that she wanted to use the field to practice too. He realized that he was almost staring at her and slightly bowed to her, smiling at this new arrival. "Hello, milady," he spoke to her, showing the chivalrous attitude that he was taught since childhood, "You must be new to the school. I am Jason Barrett."

As he finished his introduction, he slowly walked off the neutral field, allowing the targets to vanish as he came down to her level. He gestured to the field and asked, "Did you want to practice your magic, as well? Feel free to do so. I need to take a breather, anyways." Smiling and nodding to her, he was hoping that he was making a good first impression with her. He needed to make some friends here at this school anyways. Who knows? She may need one, too.

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
Years
Zane Reav, Shion Igna, and Soren Kavanagh

Zane's morning had largely been uneventful, aside from the annoying morning announcement. He woke up, bed sheets strewn about. Within the first few moments that he had opened his eyes, he noticed that he was completely alone in the room. Jack's bed-like contraption stood near Zane, but Jack himself was nowhere to be seen. Zane looked around for a few moments before concluding that Jack must have already left. Quickly, Zane got up, took a shower, got dressed, and went down to the cafeteria to get a bite to eat.

The options available for breakfast were staggering, a gourmet arrangement of the finest quality. There were several dishes that Zane had never seen before, many of which he wanted to try, but ultimately didn't. No, he settled for a classic set of waffles, drenched in maple syrup. To pair off his food, he grabbed a nice cool glass of iced coffee, the perfect cool kid drink. Now with food and drink in tow, Zane needed a table to eat his waffles and drink his coffee. A nice, empty table was placed perfectly near the center of the cafeteria, somehow void of any students. It'd make a nice place for Zane to sit down and listen to the morning gossip. Zane placed his food down on the table, greedily rubbing his hands, anticipating the flavor of the maple soaked goodness. Then it dawned on Zane that he didn't have any silverware. With haste, Zane went back to get a fork, knife, and a napkin, because he isn't some savage barbarian.

While on his way back to his food, he caught a glimpse of a certain someone, Shion to be precise. She was sitting with some other girl, apparently having already made friends. A lovely idea popped into Zane's head at that point. He should move over to their table, and he can talk with them! Look at Einstein over here! Zane went back to his table, placed the silverware and napkin on his food tray, and carried his food and drink over to Shion and the other girl's table. Thanks to his general know-how of etiquette, Zane knew not to sit down without first seeing how the girls would react.

"Good morning, ladies. Do you mind if I have a seat?"

"Not at all!" the second girl exclaimed, gesturing for Zane to sit down while Shion took a chunk out of some waffles that were drenched in syrup.

"Nice to see you again, Shion," he started after taking care of greetings with her friend Soren. "I hope I'm not imposing."

"It's fine," she replied. "I've been meaning to talk to you. You heard the announcement, right?"

"Sorta, I only caught the bit about some tournament thing this weekend." He paused while placing his food and drink down, wondering what relevance it would have with them. "What about it?"

"We're supposed to team up with someone for it."

"And you mean to say that you'd like to work with me?" Shion nodded in response, taking another bite out of her waffles. "I guess that means we should put our match on hold, huh? Still, that does sound like a good idea. It wouldn't be hard for us to catch people off guard, or just scare them off."

Shion didn't seem like she enjoyed the intimidation factor, but they both knew it was a strategic move to get ahead.

As they finished their breakfast and until the first bell rang as a warning to get to class, Soren had been hitting Zane with questions about his magic, how he knew Shion, and teasing Shion for her attitude towards Zane. Afterwards, Zane and Shion parted ways with Soren, and headed to homeroom.

Eva Banks

It was a boring day, in the boring classroom, with the boring students, and the boring boredom for Eva. Some of the students were conversing among themselves, or playing games on their phones, or whatever they chose to do as the second bell signaled the start of class.

And half of these kids are nowhere in sight, she thought.

"Alright, ya brats," she declared as she stood from the teacher's seat, all the while smacking her bubble gum, "stay in your seats until I get back. Don't wreck anythin'; you'll get plenty'a chances ta hurt ya'selves after the demonstration." Eva promptly left the room, leaving the current and arriving students to their own devices as she looked through the halls.

tenthcompanion

Glass Cannon
Years
Guinevere Octavia Queen
This. Is. Awesome!

"Hello, milady," Gwen snapped out of her daydreaming and turned in the direction of the male voice nearby. A tall boy with brownish-reddish hair was standing in the practice arena near a collection of small targets. She smiled a little at his use of the word 'milady'; it made him sound like a knight from one of her fantasy books. "You must be new to the school. I am Jason Barrett." He stepped off the field and the targets vanished behind him. Strange... they must have been magically produced. This Jason boy must have been practicing his metal or earth magic. She wasn't close enough to see whether the targets had been made of metal or stone.

"Hey," she smiled and introduced herself, "Nice to meet ya'. My name's Guinevere - er, I mean Gwen. Call me Gwen." After she had been accepted into Vale, she had decided not to use her full name anymore. Too many students at her previous school had made fun of her for it. Guinevere was the name of a beautiful and elegant fairytale queen, but... no one else seemed to see it that way. Still, she wasn't used to going by "Gwen" so she sometimes slipped up while introducing herself.

Jason gestured to the practice field, "Did you want to practice your magic, as well? Feel free to do so. I need to take a breather, anyways." She looked over at the now-empty arena in excitement. "Really? Cool, thanks!" Gwen half-walked, half-ran onto the field and stood there for a moment thinking of what to do next. After some consideration she decided to summon Excalibur and start working on her basic attack patterns. Extending her right arm out in front of her, a longsword made entirely of fire grew from her closed fist, the wisps of flame crackling audibly. She swung at the air a couple times, enjoying the exhilaration she always felt while spellcasting. Then... she had an idea. "Hey, Jason?" she turned to look at him, sword at her side. "Those targets that were here before - you made those, right? If you're not too tired, would you mind setting them up again? We could practice together."

Before he got the chance to respond, the sound of a bell chimed through the PA system in the rec room. "Aw, come on!" Gwen whined immaturely and swung Excalibur once more before letting it disappear from her hand. "Nevermind, I guess. Time for class." She sighed and began walking out of the rec room to her homeroom class. "Wanna head back to the main building?" She stopped beside Jason, not wanting to be rude and leave him behind.

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Jason Barrett

Jason was pleased at Gwen's friendliness to him. Maybe this would work out just fine. As he stood there watching her, she created some sort of flaming sword which surprised him a little. "So she's a pyromancer," he thought, "as well as another sword combatant. Interesting." This went on until she made the offer for them to practice together. He simply froze at the question a little, not sure of how to respond. It would be nice to work together with someone (especially if they were as cute as her), but he never really worked with anyone before. His training was always solo. How would that work?

He was saved from having to respond to the question by a bell ringing. Seemed like class was finally ready to start. Gwen started to leave, but then doubled back to where he was, seemingly wanting to walk together. He nodded and smiled at this new development, "Sure, let's go." He walked with her to the main building, but stopped at the realization that no one was in the hallway. Did class start right away? Crap, he was late again! "Oh well...we might as well be fashionably late," he chuckled as he walked down the hall towards homeroom.

As they walked, Jason couldn't help but muse over her full name. "Guinevere," he said, thinking aloud, "Queen to the legendary King Arthur of Camelot. I wish I was named after someone as refined as that. All I can be named after is some machete-wielding psycho that wears a hockey mask." He smiled at the joke he made, hoping she'd at least smile at the attempt of being funny. They finally made it to homeroom and Jason, seeing there was no teacher around, quickly sat at an empty desk and waited.

Songbird

Tonight, the marigolds bloom for her.
Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024

Lesson #1: Don't Get Hit, and Hit Them Until They Die. In That Order.

Violett had known from the moment she had seen Yukio that the two were not going to get along if anything short of a miracle happened. They were far, far too different for a stable relationship to ever be accomplished. Yukio seemed like a quiet soul, the kind of girl to be perfectly happy having a calm, sensible conversation with her fellow classmates and move on to have a few calm, sensible friends that she would keep for her calm, sensible stay at the Vale Institute of Magic. It would all be considered a success as long as she didn't draw too much attention to herself. Unfortunately for Violett, this represented everything that she was not, and that meant that Yukio would be incredibly fun to toy with. She couldn't say she was surprised when Yukio left in a hurry the moment Jack turned his eyes away from her, looking as sour as if Violett had stood up and slapped her across the face.

A smirk creeping along her lips, Violett waved to Yukio as she left with a waggle of her fingers. She was tempted to call out one passing comment before Yukio left but decided it might be a little too antagonistic. So she stayed silent, her eyes darting across the cafeteria before finally laying back upon Jack as he returned to the table.

The confused Ferromancer rubbed his temple for a second, about to tell himself he couldn't believe he had acted like that, until he was reminded that he just had. Well... that happened. I guess it was just my day to be an idiot, and miss shapely everything didn't help. I'll have to track Yukio down and apologize when she's had time to cool off. When he slid back into his seat he noticed Violett looking at him again. "What?" He asked in a tone that was neither as flirtatious as before or as cold as he felt now before taking another bite of his food.

"Nothing," replied Violett, although she hadn't wiped away her teasing smile just yet. She looked Jack up and down, almost transfixed on him as he slowly sunk back into his seat. Those students who had kept an eye on Violett and Jack as they flirted were especially keen on how the conversation had developed and Violett could feel the eyes on her. "I just thought it'd be nice if we could talk for a while, sensibly. I felt like that girl you were talking to was terribly boring and a bit of a third wheel."

"Let me start my introduction again, if that's alright with you. My name is Violett Feurst-Shaw; I'm a new student as I suppose most people here are. It's a pleasure to meet you."

Jack huffed for a moment at the fact that she was still acting so cordial, but despite the fact that she seemed to enjoy it, it was his own responsibility for making Yukio angry. No reason to be a jerk. "I rather enjoyed talking to her, and after being so nice to me I think she deserved better. But I'm Jack Marrick, I got here yesterday but this is my real first day at Vale. It's nice to meet you Violett."

He dipped his head. "And... I must admit, your name is beautiful, I've never heard anything like it before." That would have to be the last compliment for a while, he didn't want her think he was still playing or, god forbid, that he liked her. He was still a little pissed off that she'd shown up at that table even if it was really his own fault he'd been an idiot.

Violett raised an eyebrow. Regardless of what Jack originally thought of Yukio, salvaging his first impression with her was almost impossible now. The younger girl was long gone, likely to never speak to Jack again. Violett didn't quite understand why Jack seemed so obsessed with her but letting the query play on her mind meant that she had lost this little game.

"Maybe she didn't deserve to leave in such an angry state but that was no fault of mine. I said nothing to provoke her but what is done is done. Regardless, Jack, charmed I'm sure. I hope we have the opportunity to enjoy each other's company over the course of the year. You seem like an intriguing individual," Violett replied. It was true, she wasn't entirely sure if Jack was being genuine with his compliments or simply trying to appeal to her better nature, but he seemed pleasant enough. She ran her tongue over her lips, speaking again. "But thank you. I appreciate the flattery."

While she opened her mouth to speak again, Violett found that the words were halted by a far louder bellow from across the room. Violett turned her head although she barely had a chance to analyse its source.

"Found ya!" a displeased voice cried. Violett felt a thick hand grab her arm and she was pulled right off her seat, barely able to maintain her composure. Tempted to lash out against her would-be attacker, Violett held back the gut reaction when she realised who had grabbed her. "The hell da ya think ye're doin' flirtin' after the bell!"

She was one of the institute's teachers.

Other students didn't seem to care, or did well to pretend as such, as they wrapped up their breakfast. They knew Eva was a fierce teacher and definitely the loudest. Many of them thought that it'd be best to keep their heads down around her, especially when the woman was on a warpath. The only teacher who could've been worse was Clayton, but that was because he sat around playing his guitar and singing country songs.

"Lazy ass cowboy betta be there when I get back," Eva spat. Before she absconded with her captive she turned to Jack who did little more than stare in shock. "An' you! Get ta class!"

Jack blinked for a second at Eva, wondering if she was really so aggressive, but after a few seconds of staring he realized she was the woman with the attitude problem who'd assigned him his room. Oh great, she's actually a teacher? Not just some lowly staff bi***? So first some pretty girl with an attention addiction shows up and helps me make myself look like a total tool and now this lady's the teacher... maybe I should just go straight to bed after class.

His apprehension didn't stop him from following Eva and Violett to class. Violett wasn't willing to be dragged along by the teacher despite her willingness to comply, instead slipping from the woman's grip and following behind just a little ahead of Jack. She turned her head back over her shoulder, looking at Jack.

"She seems charming," Violett said, just too quiet for Eva to hear.

"Absolutely enchanting," Jack added sarcastically with a roll of his eyes.

"I can hear ya, brats."

Jack just shrugged and continued on silently, running his mouth had gotten him enough grief that day already. Violett hadn't been quite so wounded by her own tongue but, understanding the risk that an angry teacher posed to her health, kept quiet. The pair of students followed Eva silently, weaving down the seemingly endless passages that composed the school. When Violett had heard about Vale she had expected some old castle nestled in the mountains, surrounded by mist and barely touched by civilisation. In fact it was the complete opposite, looking like some brand new and incredibly lavish office block... in the middle of a desert.

Violett and Jack arrived at homeroom a few moments later, almost forced into the room by Eva. "You," she aimed at Jack, "get ta yer seat." Then she turned to Violett, ordering her to stay up front by the board.

Their entrance into homeroom was loud and clumsy, many of the students turning their heads to spy on who had disturbed them, but they quickly silenced when they noticed Eva. Violett was accompanied at the front of the class by a cowboy-looking staff member and another student with long white hair. Magic seemed indiscriminate about its users, from grumpy chicks to cowboys and albinos. Jack noticed it to be the girl he saw fighting a geomancer yesterday. She couldn't have possibly been a freshman like he was.

Eva looked to the classroom as she took her seat at the teacher's desk once again, annoyed by the fact that some students still weren't in. Whatever. They didn't want to learn how to get stronger, it's not her fault. "Okay, brats, like the announcements earlier said, ye're gonna be learnin' about usin' two elements to make a new one. There are seven dual elements. Ye're learnin' about three today." She then pointed to the cowboy, presumably signalling that he'd be the one actually teaching the class instead of her.

Clayton glared at Eva. He was under the impression that he was only there to reel her in if she went on one of her many tirades. Why Kristen would ever hire such a foul-mouthed hothead was beyond Clayton's grasp. Regardless, he had a job to do, even if it wasn't the one he had planned on. He stood up and took a step towards the class, all while chewing on his trademark piece of wheat.

"Now look, th' name's Clayton, but for all a'y'all students, it's Mr. Fields. Soren Kavanagh," he gestured towards the albino, "is one of our third year students, and has been asked to assist in our demonstrations today. And I'm sure y'all have noticed the pretty new lass on my other side, too. Miss, would you please introduce yourself to your new classmates?"

Violett bowed her head as Fields motioned her to introduce herself. This was the first impression that Violett had been waiting all morning for. She fixed her jacket and brushed a lock of hair out of her face, finally taking a step forward and then presenting herself to the class. "My name is Violett Feurst-Shaw," she said. "Firstly I would like to apologise for my absence yesterday. Like many of you, though, this is my first year at Vale, and I'm very excited to be here. I hope to have a good time with you all."

She couldn't help but feel some déjà vu. She had said almost exactly the same thing to Jack a few moments prior when she was introducing herself. Violett took a step back once she had finished, glancing back at her teacher. "Thank you, mister Fields."

"Thank ya, Ms. Violett. Since introductions are over and Ms. Eva over here decided she didn't want to actually teach her own class, I guess that means it's up ta me. Now, before we begin, I'm sure y'all know about the five basic elements of fire, water, and, well, y'all know the rest. I'm a specialist in geomancy, but I've also got a talent for pyromancy that ain't nothing to gawk at. So y'all might be wonderin' what that means for this class, so let me explain it.

"There are three elements y'all are gonna be learnin' about today: lightning, vapor, and magma, to be specific. Soren here is one of our best electromancers—might even be better than the lazy crud in the chair." If Eva wasn't playing on her phone, she might've yelled, but all she did was scoff at Clayton's claim. "I myself am handy with magma magic, and Ms. Violett, if my information is correct, is able to use vapor magic. This means she can control things like smoke and steam."

Having already prepared something of a demonstration, Violett pulled a pencil from her pocket. She held it by the graphite tip, perpendicular the ground, and in an instant it ignited. Flames wrapped around the object, smoke beginning to spill from the sides of it. Instead of rising and clouding at the ceiling, the smoke laced its way through the air towards Violett's free hand, darting between her fingers and slithering up her arm as if it had a mind of her own.

The heat that entrapped the pencil burned brighter until it had disintegrated entirely, leaving Violett's hand empty. Her performance had not stopped there though, every tiny piece of matter that had been reduced to smoke clouding around her hand, soon focused into a tiny fist-sized ball.

Then, with the same hand, Violett blew a kiss. A huge puff of vapour poured from her hand, vaguely heart-shaped and a clear white colour, weaving across the room by Violett's command. Manipulating with simple hand and eye movements the cloud struck Jack's chest, dissipating around him. Violett winked and gave a final bow, rather proud of her own performance.

It was at that moment Jack heard the bells toll in his head and knew he was doomed. Now there was almost no hope of redeeming himself for his earlier actions in the cafeteria. There wasn't even any way he could react right then to really save himself, so he simply leaned back in his chair and kept watching the lesson. All he could hope for was that some of his fellow students would be smart enough to see she was doing it for attention, not because she actually liked him. Either way more eyes would be focused on her than him. She was the pretty one after all.

Then came Soren's demonstration, fire circling around her arms and quickly sparking until it turned into light blue streaks of electricity. In a moment, it spread across her body and onto the ground, covering her in a force field that made everyone's hair stand on end, and even hers was going wild. There wasn't much either she or Clayton could do that wasn't dangerous, so the field of lightning surrounding her body shrunk into a tiny fireball in her hand before disappearing completely.

Clayton's turn came around. Stamping his foot on the ground, he kicked up a basketball-sized lump of dirt and stone from under the floor. Liquid fire started to spill from the core, pooling on the outside until the entire thing was made of lava. Then, just to show off, he grabbed it in his hands and took a nice, Texas-sized bite out of it. "Tastes like Ma's chili." He gave the class a toothy grin to hopefully get everyone relaxed for the actual lesson.

"Now," he continued, "if you haven't noticed, all of our dual elements are directly related to fire. Mine combines with Earth, Soren's mixes with Air magic, and Ms Violett here mixes Fire and Water. There are another four elements you're going to be learning about over the next coupl'a days, dependent on different combinations.

"Before we go back to regular lessons, does anyone have any questions?"​

Last edited:

Geras

Roleplayer
Years

Domingo Hernandez: A Life Not Entirely Left Behind

Domingo's eyelids slowly lifted open as he lied down on his bed in silence. This was probably the most comfortable bed he'd ever slept on in his entire life. He lifted his hand in front of his face to examine it and saw the same hand as always rather than the burn-ridden hand he felt belonged in its place. This school was capable of unbelievable things, but he wasn't sure if that was for better or worse. He stared at the hand a little longer before getting up from bed and moving to get dressed.

The clothes, black hoodie over a plain white T-shirt and blue jeans, were actually brand new as his initial set of clothing had been just about turned to ashes the day before. He couldn't help but take another look at his hands. Nothing around him felt real. Not the fresh clothes on his back, the soft, marshmallowy bed, the computer he had spent much of the past night trying to figure out, or even his own, clean body. The only thing there that did feel real was the large block of stone from Mexico that sat in the middle of his room. He could barely remember the day he was found in that near-dead state, but apparently he had asked the school officials to bring that block with him. It was considered his luggage and brought, and now it sat there in his room. He had turned it into a makeshift sandbox that had crude, vaguely humanoid stone figures standing in it in what looked sort of like fighting poses. There was really no reason to have the block, considering the fact that he could use the abundance of stone outside if he really needed any, but he figured that if he brought it all this way he might as well do something with it while it was there.

As he slipped on his clothes, Domingo began to recall the previous day, when he was inexplicably set up to fight another student. "Hmph," he chuckled lightly. What kind of school allowed students to fight each other, much less encouraged them to? He had never seen another mage, but he didn't need to. The two stood at opposite corners of a caged battlefield. Domingo's hands sat in his sand-filled pockets as he compressed the grains into a pair of stone spiked knuckles. He recklessly charged forward as his opponent spawned fire to surround their arms. The young boy shot his hands forward, a small bolt of fire shooting from the tip of each finger into Domingo's chest.

They hurt, but not near as much as a bullet which would have torn through his flesh and ripped up his body. He had been in plenty of firefights, and a rule was that if you were hit in the open you didn't stop moving or you died. This probably didn't count as that sort of firefight, but he assumed that the same rule applied. Thus, he continued to charge forward, appearing unfazed by the attack. His opponent tried a new move, stepping back a few taking a deep breath before emitting a stream of flame from his mouth. Domingo was enveloped in searing heat that caused him to howl in pain. However, the caged field was small enough that Domingo didn't have to suffer the flames for long before he reached his enemy with his mindless charge.

Mindless was a good word, as once he finally got close enough to dig his fist into his opponent's gut, he seemed to lose himself. The blow left the boy gasping for air and, naturally, stopped the fire breath. An uppercut knocked the boy on his back, the knuckles leaving small puncture wounds under his chin. Domingo leapt onto him knees-first, feeling one of the the boy's ribs fracture underneath. The boy wasn't out of fight yet, as he retaliated by igniting himself, being consumed by a cloak of fire. Domingo smelled the familiar rank stench of burning flesh, this apparently being his own, as he did not get off the flaming boy. His fist crashed into the boy's jaw, firmly knocking it out of its place. The boy's blood coated Domingo's charred hand as he lifted it for another blow, but suddenly it stopped. Not by the will of Domingo, who wanted to mangle the boy's face with a relentless assault, but by the hand of the supervising teacher. At the same time that control of Domingo's body was taken, the flames of the boy underneath him died out, revealing the battered, teary face of the loser. The two boys were separated and immediately taken to the infirmary with Domingo being declared the winner.

It was only later that Domingo realized that the battle had burned off the hoodie he wore to hide his scarred and tattooed body, revealing it to everyone there. He wasn't sure how much of him they could see through all the severe burns he had acquired, but it didn't take much to establish that image. Hell, they probably didn't even need to see the tattoos, as his actions in that fight were more than enough to stir a similar enough image in people to the one he wanted to avoid. He himself had sustained serious damage and was in treatment for a good deal of the day aside from simply struggling to get accustomed to his new surroundings, so he didn't get a chance to see what perception the other students had of him. He supposed his first day of class would be a good enough chance to find out.

Domingo was brought back to the present when he put on his new pants and realized that they actually fit him properly. It was an interesting feeling after going so long with that freedom of his hips and waist that actually ended up just making it kind of hard to walk right more than anything. The hoodie and shirt weren't anything very different, though, and he didn't give them a second thought. Finally ready, he took one last look at his room before moving to exit the door. He immediately did a double take, his eyes this time focusing on the clock that was next to his bed. It occurred to him that since he usually woke up quite early, he simply assumed that today he had woken up early as well. Unfortunately this was not the case, as he now saw that he was incredibly late. Messing with the computer for so long and sleeping in such a comfortable bed were immediately recognized as the reason, but he was still late regardless of why.

Domingo grabbed the backpack that had been given to him by the school and ran straight to his assigned classroom. The massive building's hallways were mostly empty with class having already been in session, so there wasn't anything in his way as he sprinted through them. He reached homeroom surprisingly quickly and he burst in through the door, panting heavily from the trip there. In front of him was the man he assumed to be a teacher, biting into a ball of…lava? He wasn't quite sure what to say to that or even what to think of it, so instead he just gave an almost sheepish grin before trying to quickly move to a desk at the back of the class.​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back