Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread

Old February 18th, 2014 (7:56 AM). Edited February 18th, 2014 by Projectwolfie.
I play for keeps!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MrDollSteak View Post
    Just FYI, Life Orb increases damage but doesn't damage the user (yet)
    Rocky Helmet does nothing (but it looks nice)
    Black Sludge is a leftovers clone (for now)

They'll all be ready by 1.4b or 1.5,
    I'm working on them now, I just figured I should release 1.4a without them, because
    I've received so many PMs and seen so many people reporting the poison glitch.

BTW I've found out why Tyranitar didn't work for Gary,
    it's because Drought, Drizzle, Sand Stream and Snow Warning are broken (for now)
    Basically Stealth Rock and Toxic Spikes for whatever reason mess with the routine for
    switch in effects causing alot of odd things to be loaded.
    I'm trying to fix this for 1.4b or 1.5 too

Neat, I was wondering about that. I'll add both to the bugs and notices for now.

For those of you hype about the new items, keep this in mind. For those just jumping into the hack: the way this hack is set up, these don't really effect anything until postgame (because the new items aren't available until then) or unless you use the legendary birds' second ability, because I made weather abilities rather sparse.

Relevant Advertising!

Old February 18th, 2014 (11:10 PM).
    Formerly known as 11bayerf1

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Projectwolfie View Post
      Neat, I was wondering about that. I'll add both to the bugs and notices for now.

For those of you hype about the new items, keep this in mind. For those just jumping into the hack: the way this hack is set up, these don't really effect anything until postgame (because the new items aren't available until then) or unless you use the legendary birds' second ability, because I made weather abilities rather sparse.

Also BTW I seem to have forgotten to remove Snow Warning from Caterpie (am using it for testing the weather abilities), so you may want to change that back.
      Old February 19th, 2014 (3:05 PM).

Nature: Timid
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by MrDollSteak View Post
        Also BTW I seem to have forgotten to remove Snow Warning from Caterpie (am using it for testing the weather abilities), so you may want to change that back.
        Was just about to say that. I caught one and when I sent it out in battle it fainted immediately and the game froze.

http://www.pkparaiso.com/xy/sprites_pokemon.php Pokemon Sprites!

Old February 20th, 2014 (10:47 AM).
        I play for keeps!

I gotcha, I caught this too. Here's a fixed version.

I'll be adding this to the OP as well, the only thing changed is the fix.
          Old February 20th, 2014 (4:01 PM).

Well now I have another problem, when I'm in battle, the game sometimes just stops for no reasons. It's often after a hit was taken or a Pokémon fainted. Anyway, the thing is it doesn't just freeze the game, it just blocks the box. it stays white but the music keeps playing

I've had that several times now and I must say that's a little frustrating, mainly when you haven't saved in a while. It happens often with Flame Wheel, Sonicboom and I saw it happens with Poison Sting and Horn Attack. I just don't know if it's a problem with my VBA or with the game itself (well since the music keeps playing, it's technically not just a problem with my VBA)

So I wondered if you could look a little into that please (I'll try my other hack gams to see if it only happens with yours but it started after the update so...)
            Old February 20th, 2014 (9:45 PM). Edited February 20th, 2014 by Projectwolfie.
            I play for keeps!

Quote:
              Originally Posted by IDM4 View Post
              Well now I have another problem, when I'm in battle, the game sometimes just stops for no reasons. It's often after a hit was taken or a Pokémon fainted. Anyway, the thing is it doesn't just freeze the game, it just blocks the box. it stays white but the music keeps playing

I've had that several times now and I must say that's a little frustrating, mainly when you haven't saved in a while. It happens often with Flame Wheel, Sonicboom and I saw it happens with Poison Sting and Horn Attack. I just don't know if it's a problem with my VBA or with the game itself (well since the music keeps playing, it's technically not just a problem with my VBA)

So I wondered if you could look a little into that please (I'll try my other hack gams to see if it only happens with yours but it started after the update so...)
              Hmm... I personally haven't seen this yet, but I'll look into it and do some testing. In the meantime, you may want to check if you have the correct ROM or not, repatch a clean ROM, etc. for troubleshooting's sake.

Has anyone else seen this happen yet?
              Old February 21st, 2014 (5:10 PM).

Nature: Timid
                Quote:
                Hmm... I personally haven't seen this yet, but I'll look into it and do some testing. In the meantime, you may want to check if you have the correct ROM or not, repatch a clean ROM, etc. for troubleshooting's sake.

Has anyone else seen this happen yet?
                This has happened to me as well, but I applied the patch to the Firered ROM again and it stopped happening. (This was just before I found Snow Warning Caterpie; I haven't tried the latest patch yet.)

http://www.pkparaiso.com/xy/sprites_pokemon.php Pokemon Sprites!

Old February 22nd, 2014 (7:46 AM).
                I play for keeps!

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Yoshi3645 View Post
                  This has happened to me as well, but I applied the patch to the Firered ROM again and it stopped happening. (This was just before I found Snow Warning Caterpie; I haven't tried the latest patch yet.)
                  Ah ha, I see! That explains why I haven't found anything at all. I'm not sure if I should blame the patch itself or the ROM used in this case, but problems like these happen with the patching process of any hack in general.

Always keep a spare clean ROM handy (If you need to check the version number, there are telltale signs. One of them which is a bug in the Pokedex entries), and if all else fails try downloading another ROM from another place. Of course if this happens more often with more people, my patch may be a little warped after all. Which would mean I should take some measures to make sure the patch is safe to use.
                  Old February 27th, 2014 (4:47 PM).

Yup it was indeed the patch that didn't work properly, I redid it and it's fine now.

Just one question though : Did you by chance move the soothe Bell ? It's supposed to be where Mr. Fuji was standing but I can't find it, even with the Itemfinder. If so, can you tell me where you've put it ?
                    Old February 27th, 2014 (8:54 PM). Edited February 28th, 2014 by Projectwolfie.
                    I play for keeps!

I didn't touch it, and Advance Map even says it's still there. o.O

Keep in mind that you need to be right on top of where he was and use the Itemfinder, but that was in Vanilla FR.
                      Old March 1st, 2014 (11:28 AM).

Okay I'l try it again... btw another question : is there a readme file where the changes about the moves learned by levelling can be found ? (beacuse trying to make a Spectrum learn Shadow ball and realizing that it doesn't learn it at level 33 is a bit annoying...)
                        Old March 5th, 2014 (7:23 AM).

Nature: Relaxed
                          How's this coming along? Any new updates?
                          Old March 12th, 2014 (8:21 AM). Edited March 12th, 2014 by Projectwolfie.
                          I play for keeps!

I apologize for the lack of updates, I've been rather busy lately and therefore production has been rather slow. Real life keeps rolling forward and all. In the meantime for the sake of data collecting I have a question:

If in the future (not "next update" future yet, mind you) I added in gym leader rematches, should I do which of the following?

1. Recreate teams from various other games (probably Gold/Silver/Crystal teams, but with movesets and other enhancements heavily inspired by HeartGold/SoulSilver teams/rematches and Black/White 2's Tournament.) Keep in mind that GSC leader teams have 4 while I want a full team battle though; If I do remade teams I'd probably fit in two Pokemon from either other teams or pulled straight out of thin air.

2. Create my own with no ties outside of the given type and the Pokemon/items present in the game. I can't tell you how good they'll be, but probably on par with Gary's difficulty but with maybe a little more strategy (Sandstorm team for example.) Once again I am not a supreme tactician but I'll give it my best shot.
                            Old March 12th, 2014 (8:32 AM).

Quote:
                              I apologize for the lack of updates, I've been rather busy lately and therefore production has been rather slow. Real life keeps rolling forward and all. In the meantime for the sake of data collecting I have a question:

If in the future (not "next update" future yet, mind you) I added in gym leader rematches, should I do which of the following?

1. Recreate teams from various other games (probably Gold/Silver/Crystal teams, but with movesets and other enhancements heavily inspired by HeartGold/SoulSilver teams/rematches and Black/White 2's Tournament.)

2. Create my own with no ties outside of the given type and the Pokemon/items present in the game. I can't tell you how good they'll be, but probably on par with Gary's difficulty but with maybe a little more strategy (Sandstorm team for example.) Once again I am not a supreme tactician but I'll give it my best shot.
                              Hmm... I say, create your own. It will be interesting to fight with a trainer you created yourself.
                              Misty NEEDS a Lapras
                              ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤..

If you're looking for a good time, or just want to chat, come over to Weloxux and I's channel at:
                              http://mibbit.com/?server=irc.mibbit.net&channel=%23Dragons_Den

Old March 12th, 2014 (12:09 PM).
                              I play for keeps!

I'm not really mapping out any of the teams yet, but Lapras is probably going to be a given on Misty either way. It's only either that or Cloyster on her team for Water/Ice types really, and I don't see Cloyster working too well for various reasons.

GSC outright has Lapras in canon, so there's that.
                                Old March 12th, 2014 (12:14 PM).

Quote:
                                  I'm not really mapping out any of the teams yet, but Lapras is probably going to be a given on Misty either way. It's only either that or Cloyster on her team for Water/Ice types really, and I don't see Cloyster working too well for various reasons.

GSC outright has Lapras in canon, so there's that.
                                  Maybe it could also be an idea for the fans to vote on which pokemon make the Gym Leader's rematch teams. The rematches should have a full-on 6 vs 6 fight!
                                  ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤..

If you're looking for a good time, or just want to chat, come over to Weloxux and I's channel at:

Old March 12th, 2014 (12:22 PM). Edited March 12th, 2014 by Projectwolfie.
                                  I play for keeps!

Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by 2012maniac View Post
                                    Maybe it could also be an idea for the fans to vote on which pokemon make the Gym Leader's rematch teams. The rematches should have a full-on 6 vs 6 fight!
                                    I may do a voting system later when I have more concrete ideas if I plan to make my own teams. It somewhat depends on how many people chime in.

I'm planning on making it full sized teams either way. GSC teams have four Pokemon, so if I remake teams this means I'm taking two from other sources (and there are plenty between the HGSS rematches and tournaments) or make two of my own if I really need to.
                                    Old March 12th, 2014 (1:54 PM).

Quote:
                                      I may do a voting system later when I have more concrete ideas if I plan to make my own teams. It somewhat depends on how many people chime in.

I'm planning on making it full sized teams either way. GSC teams have four Pokemon, so if I remake teams this means I'm taking two from other sources (and there are plenty between the HGSS rematches and tournaments) or make two of my own if I really need to.
                                      Cool. I'm always there to "chime in."
                                      6 vs 6 fight is a must, though. I mean, you're fighting the Gym Leaders at their absolute best!
                                      ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤..

Old March 13th, 2014 (7:18 AM).

Nature: Relaxed
                                        Yeah, create your own teams.
                                        Old March 31st, 2014 (9:48 AM).

Nature: Quiet
                                          ****ing caterpie snow warning freezes the game.. i can't continue . plz fix
                                          Old April 2nd, 2014 (11:36 PM).

Haven't come here for a while now.

I just wanted to say that there was a little glitch : when a Pokémon with two types is hit by an attack who is not very effective on any of the two types (a poison attack hitting a Spectrum for example) the game displays twice the "it's not very effective" text. While it's not a major problem, it's quite annoying at some point.

Oh, I think I already asked that but can you tell me if you could make a Word or readme file explaining the change you gave to the game mechanics (move teaching levels, change of power/accuracy, the new move that some Pokémon can learn now and couldn't before, and so on...)
                                            Old April 3rd, 2014 (8:43 PM).
                                            Projectwolfie Projectwolfie is offline
                                            I play for keeps!

Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by sharathbhat View Post
                                              ****ing caterpie snow warning freezes the game.. i can't continue . plz fix
                                              Did you download the fixed patch I made a while ago? It switches Caterpie's ability to what it was before which caused the crash.

Quote:
                                              I just wanted to say that there was a little glitch : when a Pokémon with two types is hit by an attack who is not very effective on any of the two types (a poison attack hitting a Spectrum for example) the game displays twice the "it's not very effective" text. While it's not a major problem, it's quite annoying at some point.

Oh, I think I already asked that but can you tell me if you could make a Word or readme file explaining the change you gave to the game mechanics (move teaching levels, change of power/accuracy, the new move that some Pokémon can learn now and couldn't before, and so on...)
                                              I haven't noticed this type bug before, I'll look into it. As for the word file that's coming next version.
                                              Old May 8th, 2014 (3:08 AM).

i Found a Bug When using a Gastro Acid It Freeze.
                                                Old May 10th, 2014 (5:17 PM).
                                                Projectwolfie Projectwolfie is offline
                                                I play for keeps!

Right then, I have some bad news guys.

What was very slow progress on this hack has slowed to a halt because of personal things going on. I'm sorry, but I'm all but forced to put this on indefinite hiatus.

For the additional mumbo-jumbo: since I left the proper ini files behind, if someone should wish to update the rombase when a new version comes out, or fix some problems if you happen to find them somehow, I'm not asking for anyone to do so but I give all permission for this to happen. All I wish for is credit to be given where it's due, and if they should need to start a new thread for the project to link to this one.

I'm sorry to see this go. Everyone in PC's been great and I've learned a lot from this project. Thanks a bunch to everyone, and who knows? Maybe further down the line I'll come back here and start the project fresh.
                                                  Old May 11th, 2014 (4:41 AM).
                                                  Chaos_Darkrai Chaos_Darkrai is offline

Quote:
                                                    Right then, I have some bad news guys.

What was very slow progress on this hack has slowed to a halt because of personal things going on. I'm sorry, but I'm all but forced to put this on indefinite hiatus.

For the additional mumbo-jumbo: since I left the proper ini files behind, if someone should wish to update the rombase when a new version comes out, or fix some problems if you happen to find them somehow, I'm not asking for anyone to do so but I give all permission for this to happen. All I wish for is credit to be given where it's due, and if they should need to start a new thread for the project to link to this one.

I'm sorry to see this go. Everyone in PC's been great and I've learned a lot from this project. Thanks a bunch to everyone, and who knows? Maybe further down the line I'll come back here and start the project fresh.
                                                    Wow. Well, sorry to hear this, my friend. Good luck with your endeavors, and we're glad you liked the community. But we understand, life is more important than romhacking. So good luck, and thanks for your contributions to the community.
                                                    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤..

Closed Thread

Quick Reply