• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I've always said that if I were to be a Pokemon, I'd likely be a Slowking. Something that's intelligent and good at communicating with others, but a little bit on the lazy side of things.

slowking.png

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
If I were to be a Pokémon, I'd most likely choose Skarmory. :] Thanks to my steel body, I wouldn't get damaged easily by physical objects. Plus, I would be having wings, so I could fly anywhere I want without any worries.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Speaking of Slaking, I'd really like to see a mega-evolution for it. Think it really deserves one, honestly. :( It's such an underrated Pokémon; if it does wind up getting a mega, it could hopefully gain some boost in popularity. If they do decide to give it a mega-evolution form, I'd like them to take away its Truant ability, as it's one of the things that's held it back all these years, haha.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Speaking of Slaking, I'd really like to see a mega-evolution for it. Think it really deserves one, honestly. :( It's such an underrated Pokémon; if it does wind up getting a mega, it could hopefully gain some boost in popularity. If they do decide to give it a mega-evolution form, I'd like them to take away its Truant ability, as it's one of the things that's held it back all these years, haha.

Slaking's base stat total is already highest of all non-legendary Pokemon xD

I think that all it needs to be a mega is to switch out Truant for something. That's honestly it; its stats are strong enough already. At least, imo. :P

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Yeah, Slaking's mega evo could be a bit like Kangaskhan's: not really being a different form, just utilizing a "hidden" power. Like sending your baby into battle (wow, what mom does that) or forgetting your truant!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Good point. :o Well, if you think about it, though, Kangaskhan doesn't exactly send their babies into battle when mega-evolving; they just take them out of their pouch so that they could move faster and land harder hits. The babies do try attacking every once in a while, but not because theirs mothers tell them to; they probably do it out of their will.

Silver Soul of Johto

Journey's end
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Apr 10, 2016
I think quite a few pokemon got short changed on mega evolutions that need one due to their evolutionary line being junk, or them not having one

Years
Y-you'd be a Slaking... right?

Nope, it's a Snorlax. His username says it all.

I think a Mega Slaking would still be quite overpowered due to Slaking's already godly stats. It'd probably end up in Ubers before one could even blink. There's a reason Slaking has Truant, it's to avoid being too overpowered.

Years
I haven't met many that have the patience to fully evolve it into slaking, due to whatever. But a lot of people complain over Truant

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I haven't met many that have the patience to fully evolve it into slaking, due to whatever. But a lot of people complain over Truant

Yeah, they should. Some people refuse to evolve Vigoroth, too. But the good thing about Truant is that it doesn't activate in the first turn. It only comes after you finished one move. Given the stats of Slaking, it would be easy to OHKO the other Pokémon in a turn. If not, I'm afraid you'll need three.

Another thing that bothers me about Slaking: Norman is probably the most noted user of Slaking, and yet his Slaking has Focus Punch. Focus Punch. Can you believe it? Of all the moves...

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Yeah, I'm a Vigoroth lover actually :x never evolved mine while playing Ruby.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
I only like Traunt because it uses the term "loafing" haha. I've never heard that word used elsewhere and it's funny because I think of bread. Maybe Slaking eats some bread every other turn in battle :P call it Leftovers

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
I remember seeing the word "loafing" for the first time when I had that Onix from a boy in Violet City. The message was something like "ROCKY is loafing around."

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I remember seeing the word "loafing" for the first time when I had that Onix from a boy in Violet City. The message was something like "ROCKY is loafing around."

I've had the exact thing happen to me in Diamond, but only with Gyarados. XD;; Not really sure what caused it. It was traded, though, and was also at a much higher level than all my other team members.

Years
I think that was the first time I had it happen to me, too. I always thought it was odd that they used a term like 'loafing around', since while it does make sense, it seems like a few had no idea what it meant until the Pokemon games. Though to be honest, I'm not sure what else you could say instead.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
I saw those words for the first time when my friend traded some unwanted Pokemon over to me. I was only near the start of the game, and it was too strong for me :s. I don't remember what Pokemon it was, sadly...I think it was something along the lines of a Tropius. Something in the Platinum region dex.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
They couldn't possibly say "SLAKING is slacking around!", could they? Besides, Slaking likes to wear loafers. Gives a fashion statement for sloths, you know?

I really liked that they thought about that feature from the start, that traded Pokémon can only be controlled by badges. It made the linking between two consoles fair, and encourage training. However, beating the Elite Four would be a piece of cake. They should have made it like the beating the Champion would allow all Pokémon up to Lv. 100 listen, else you can charge in with your friend's Lv 100 Charizard and crush the League. Perhaps 80 should have been made the limit.

Last edited:

Noibat

Years
I never traded a whole lot back in the Gameboy days. I remember though in Yellow my friend didn't want their Venosaur and I was about to go get my third badge and I tried to use it and it did NONE of the moves I asked it to XD I was freaking out because I thought my buttons where broke or something /dumbkid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back