• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Mind Over Matter: A Pokemon RP (IC)

Nidoking76

Not splitting the party
Years
MIND OVER MATTER
A Pokemon RP​

World
In the wonderful world of Pokemon, a new region is discovered. This region is known as Donji. In this region, the people of Japan quickly set up shop, and soon, the region even gained it's own four powerful Pokemon trainers, who were titled "The Elite Four Of Donji". They even added Gym Leaders to the area in no time flat! However, the surprising thing about this region was the fact that every Pokemon could live there. Nidokings and Poochyenas and even Aegislash were everywhere. The region of Donji was flourishing, until one day, a criminal organization known as Kingdom took residence in Donji...

Map
Spoiler:

Plot
In the region of Donji, the criminal group of Kingdom started there new plan. Their unknown leader, who went by the name of King, started a number of experiments to create a new type of Pokemon. They created the group of Pokemon they called "Super Minds". Although they were no more powerful in combat than any other Pokemon, they made up for that with their mind. These Super Minds had enough intelligence to surpass the intelligence of their fellow Pokemon, and, depending on the intelligence the Pokemon possesed before it became a Super Mind, it could become extremely intelligent. In experiments, these Super Minds even occasionally, if it thought of a better battle tactic than it's master's, would deliberately disobey their master and use a different tactic they thought of! However, some of these Super Minds decided to attempt an escape. Using their vast intelligence, they found out how to break free from their prisons. Not all of them wanted to escape, but many of them did. Twenty of these that were lucky enough to escape were all able to pass themselves as "starters" and begin being trained by a Pokemon trainer. These twenty were Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Charmander, Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip, Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup, Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Pikachu, and Eevee. Meanwhile, twenty new trainers are ready to get there first Pokemon...

Slots are still open in the OOC.

Notices
-Considering that, if this becomes popular enough, there will be twenty players in this, I will most definitely need some help being the GM. If someone is willing to help me be the GM, THAT WOULD BE GREAT.
-The game will start when at least five players join, and more players can join later.

Rules
-Please obey all standard rules for Roleplaying in the rules thread.
-GM's word is law.
-If you get into a battle, take turns.
-NPC trainers and wild Pokemon will be controlled by a GM.
-No legendaries, though certain members of Kingdom may have some...
-To make sure you read this, type "Nidoking76 is really awesome" somewhere in your SU.
-Pokemon will be randomly selected using a random Pokemon generator I found on the Internet. Feel free to ask if you want to see this generator.
-I may have made a few mistakes in this SU. Please inform me if help is necessary.
-No spamming (Spam tacos?)
-Tell me if you wish to help GM.
-Some Pokemon are extremely common and can be found everywhere. Still, ask me before saying you just find a Pokemon I didn't say was in the area.
-Mild romancing is allowed.

Last edited:

Nidoking76

Not splitting the party
Years
JENNIFER
LIFE IS HARD WHEN DUMB
Jennifer Josephine Smith hugged her father goodbye. She didn't know when she'd see her parents again. All she knew was that she was going to get a Pokemon.
"Bye Jennifer" her father said. "I hope to see you again someday."
Jennifer simply nodded. Of course, there wasn't anything else she could do, considering she was mute. She did, however, know sign language.
Goodbye father, Jennifer said in sign language. She then hugged her mother goodbye. Goodbye mother.
"Goodbye Jennifer" was the only reply she got. With her goodbyes said, Jennifer left her house for the first time in a while to get a Pokemon.

After a while of walking, Jennifer found what she was looking for. Outside the lake was The Lab, where trainers got there Pokemon. She went into The Lab to see a girl in a labcoat. "Hello," she said. "My name is Professor Erigwani. I presume you are here to get a Pokemon?" Jennifer nodded. "Okay then," Erigwani said. "I will set everything up for you, be right back. Just sit down, wait, relax, and maybe watch some TV."
Jennifer nodded, and sat down in a chair.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 12, 2016
Merita Smith
New Challenges Await
Looking back at the plane that was heading back to Orre without her, back to her friends, Merita had thought her life would be horrible. She then remembered that she was allowed to get a chikorita as a starter, and she cheered up at the thought. Walking up to her dad's new car, Merita was heading to the lab. As they arrived, she hopped out of the car and ran inside. Seeing the proffesor leaving the room, she called out,"Excuse me? Im here to get a pokemon too." They nodded in response. Merita sat down next to the other girl. "Hello. My name is Merita Smith. And who are you?"

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
FLARE
THE FUNERAL ESCAPE

It was barely sunrise when I woke up. My backpack lies next to me, full of supplies from the past days of travel. Most kids might think it's foolish to run away from home if you're rich, but not me. My father never has paid attention to me ever since Brenda died. Today marks her death, for three years she's been buried under the earth. Today my father will come back from his business trip so we could all go and pay our respects to Brenda. Then he'll notice I'm gone.

Then again, he has Tory now, his only daughter in his eyes. He might even be happy I left, Tory was when she smiled and saw me snuck out the house during one of her blow out parties. She might think I'll come back, but I will never return to that misery. I push my thoughts aside and continue north. I continue towards the town with the famous laboratory. I go towards the pokemon. Years of viewing the battles on television, I've dreamed for a companion. At least a pokemon won't trade you for someone else or won't even talk to you.

I walk and I walk and then I run towards the town. I have no idea what time is it when I'm finally outside the lab. I stood there a while and then I entered inside. I grunt as I see two girls there. Hopefully they didn't get the pokemon I want.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 12, 2016
Merita Smith
Attempt at Friends

Seeing the girl enter, I looked at her. "Hi!" I called out cheerfully. Are you waiting to get a pokemon to? I am wanting to get a chikorita. Oh, yeah, forgot to introduce my self. My name is Merita Smith. What is yours?" Normally, I would not be talking to anyone, but, I'm all alone here. I have no one, and I really don't like being alone, because if you are alone, it takes a lot of work to make new friends, and without friends, life just sucks. Especially when you have to sell most of your stuff to be able to move.

Defective

defectiveShrink
Years
Poki
Siblings Are Pains in the Butt

To put it bluntly: Poki was not happy.

Today had started out so great. She had woken up to see the sun shining brilliantly and tiny bird Pokemon singing beautifully on her windowsill. This day seems to be starting out alright... she thought to herself before she rolled over onto her back and closed her eyes again. I'll wake up in five minutes...

She had two minutes of peace before she heard the door slam open rather violently. Poki pulled her blanket over her head and hoped the worst wouldn't happen.

"POKIPOKIPOKIPOKIPOKIPOKIPOKI" was all she heard over and over again as two small children (one male, one female) jumped on her bed. They accidentally stepped on her back and legs a few times which caused the teen to growl. "WOULD YOU TWO JUST GET YOUR F-"

"POKI. YOU KNOW BETTER THAN TO SWEAR AT THEM." bellowed her father from the kitchen. An angry turn of a newspaper page could be heard shortly after he said that.

The rest of the morning was uneventful compared to that. She got ready without any more major problems caused by the "dynamic duo." Except when she announced she was leaving.

The bed jumpers had decided it would be a good idea to cry and cling onto both of her legs as she walked towards the door. Great. There's gonna be snot all over my favorite pair of pants for at least a week... she thought with a dissatisfied grunt. It took at least ten minutes to pry them off and to remind them that she wasn't leaving forever. Everything was fine once they calmed down.

"Well then I'm off I guess." is what she said before heading out the door, her three younger siblings waving at her and yelling best wishes at her back.

Siblings are a pain in the butt, but they do have their nice moments.

It didn't take her long to reach the lab and find the professor. She did as she was told and sat down away from the other humans in the room. Poki sighed. Human interaction wasn't the thing she was craving at the moment.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
FLARE
TO INFINITY AT JERK LAND

I stare blankly at the girl. Who does she think she is, talking to me and all? She reminds me of Tory and how she gets with the teachers; she talks sweetly and innocently and acts like a sissy at home. She would always blame me for everything she did, from her parties and then as to why she couldn't do her homework. She does look innocent, but that's a clone of Tory.

" I know you're kind. You act so innocent at first and then go around backstabbing people. Say hi to yourself. As for my name, why should you know? Trying to go popular now, are you?"

I stubbornly sit down, making a disgusted look appear on my face. I know I shouldn't act like that, but Tory is so evil. Just the thought of her makes me want to throw up. Once I get Torchic, I'll burn her and her little Chikorita up. That's what she gets for being Tory #2. So much for being away from her. Pretty girls are always the evil ones.

NyxShooter

drifting wanderer
Years
Nyx's Steps

As Nyx step foot on civilized land, he realized he step foot on Laketown. With a slight smile on his face Nyx remembered when he left his village when he got a letter from one Proffesor Erigwani, stating that he is to recieve some form of Pokemon. Nyx was hoping it would be a Totodile, as he had grown an affection for the alligator Pokemon he always saw on TV. He took notice of a lab like structure. While walking towards it, he notices from one of the windows that there were others in the lab. He lugged his backpack off his shoulder and he got out a small butterfly knife. He knocked on the door once or twice, rubbed the scar on his left eye as a reminder and as good luck, and went in. He assumed that these trainers were here to recieve starters as well. He sat down a seat far away from the four girls, and playing with the knife in his other, flicking it around. He saw an astute figure with a labcoat. He presumed this was Professor Erigwani. He sat and waited to be called upon.

Nidoking76

Not splitting the party
Years
JENNIFER
LIFE IS HARD WHEN DUMB​
As Jennifer sat still in thought, she heard a voice. Jennifer turned around to see a girl introducing herself as "Merita Smith". Jennifer simply smiled and waved. Merita was clearly easily distracted, for she quickly seemed to forget all about Jennifer and start rambling at a different girl who walked in. This girl seemed to be in a bad mood, for she quickly began a rant. Jennifer never understood why people wanted to be popular anyway, she was a bit popular in her school and it was a pain in the butt.
They never leave you alone.
Luckily, these people didn't recognize her and brushed her off. That was a relief. Then, a different girl walked in. She seemed... angry. She simply stormed in, went to talk to the Professor, and then charged out looking even angrier. She slumped in the corner of the room, and actually seemed to try to not even look at anyone who came in.
Clearly, she was having a bad day. Cautiously, Jennifer got up and walked to this girl. She sat down next to her, then pulled out her whiteboard and wrote on it Hello. My name is Jennifer Josephine Smith. What is your name?

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
FLARE
JUST LET ME BE

I grunt to myself again and again and observe the room around me. I see a girl with a board writing something to another girl. Maybe she's shy or can't talk. She sure reminds me of Sora, my ex-best friend. We'd hang out a lot after school even though she was deaf, but how we talked. She was the only person I could confined myself with until Brenda died. That's when Tory went from bad to evil. She started patronizing Sora when she came by and so we left to the woods.

It was our meeting spot until Tory found us. Then weeks later, I caught a cold and Tory locked me in my room, with the consent of dad. I knew she was planning something bad, but I had no idea she would take it this far. Once I got better and my father came back at the same time, he just told me straight up Sora was dead. I couldn't believe him; I can't believe he said it without a care. I walked to her funeral and that was the last time I saw her. Stupid Tory.

I know she had something to do with this. She did something to Sora, she...

I stop myself before I cry in front of everyone. But still, that girl reminds me of her. I should stay put, but I just go walk up to both of them. I boldly ask:

" Are you deaf?"

NyxShooter

drifting wanderer
Years
Nyxs Steps
I notice the grumpy girl audaciously asking the other girl if she is deaf. Nyx feels puzzled about the situation, and then decides that it would be better not to ask. Everyone has troubles, maybe this is one of hers. Nyx accidentally cuts his finger while playing with the butterfly blade, but tries not to make a scene. He rubs the blood off on a cloth in his backpack, as he lies back and continues to listen to the ladies' conversations.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 12, 2016
Merita Smith
Rude People Are Not To Be Treated Nicely

Hearing this girl being very rude made Merita very mad. "Why would you even care if she is deaf? It would make no difference to any person other than you! Something is obviously bugging you. Even if there is, you don't have to be this rude! You could of asked politely, or not asked at all! I don't care when you are rude towards me, but don't pick on people you don't know!" She yelled. Merita, then seeing she was getting stared at, went and sat away from them. So much for making new friends. Merita looked away from the group, wishing she had stayed quiet.

NyxShooter

drifting wanderer
Years
N
yxs Steps​
Any observing onlooker could easily tell Nyx was slightly amused by the on goings in front of him. The grumpy girl was mistreating the others. It was quite rude to ask someone if he or she is deaf, and she obviously didn't like polite people. Nyx takes out a sheet of paper, and writes the following in yellow 'Silence is Golden.', and he rumpled up the sheet of paper and passes it over at the polite one who just got shirked at (Merita).

Last edited:

Defective

defectiveShrink
Years
Poki
Human Interaction is Kind of Difficult

A wild stranger appeared! What will Poki do?

> Shrink into self and not respond
> Pretend she isn't there
> Blush like a madwoman and be a whimp
> Try to be social for once in your life

The last choice seemed to be the best route here. After all, what bad could come from it?

She was about to speak when she heard the outbursts from two other humans in the room. She just huddled closer to herself for protection. She shivered a little when one of them seemed to just completely snap at the other. Poki made a quiet noise to express her dislike of the current situation. And Dad wonders why I'm not fond of meeting new people...

She really didn't want to focus on the other humans anymore, so she looked at the girl with the whiteboard. She decided it would be best to introduce herself before anything else happened. "The name's Poki, miss Jennifer." She did her best to smile politely at the other even though her voice was a bit shaky.

Last edited:

タイラー

Stress
Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2014
Takeo woke up well rested and in high hopes. He got out of bed, stretched, and hunted for some clothes. After doing his business in the bathroom, he walked out into the living room and smiled. He had a hard time waking up lately, and was happy for the change. After thinking for a little bit he walked into the kitchen and checked the clock.

XX:XX a.m. (AKA late)

He stared at the clock with his jaw agape, then remembered what today was.

"Oh no!" He shouted. "Dad! I'm late, see you later!" Takeo called up the stairs.

He ran and grabbed his backpack, and rushed out the door.

"Please still be there, please still be there," Takeo mumbled as he ran down the street. Even thought he had never had one, he heard highly of Charmander, and hoped no one had taken it.

Turning a corner, he spotted the lab. He dashed towards the front door. Barging in, Takeo doubled over to catch his breath.

"Uh, is Charmander still free?" He asked​

NyxShooter

drifting wanderer
Years
Nyxs Steps​
Not wanting to disturb the others, Nyx gets up and talks to some of the assistant professors. He asked one about Evolution, Pokemon types, typing effectiveness, and Pokemon anatomy. He started talking to a Researcher with a hint of an accent. "Sir, just to be clear, Normal types have the least vulnerabilitys?" Nyx inquired. "That is correct, Normal is the only PURE type which has only one vulnerability, being Fighting." the researcher responded. "However, if we are talking about hybrid Pokemon, which have 2 typings, Spiritomb and Sableye would have the least vulnerabilities. Spiritomb and Sableye are the ONLY pokemon to be Dark and Ghost." the researcher added. "Wow, there really is quite a lot to discover.". Nyx goes back to his seat, and starts to twiddle with his phone. He picks up a magazine titled "The Ten Must Go To Areas in Donji". Nyx flipped through the pages and was surprised by how beautiful and colorful the countryside of Donji is. Nyx went back to fiddling with his butterfly knife not meaning to disturb anyone.

As the boy charged in through the door, Nyx sat-up in his seat and got his knife ready. He was trained how to use it, but Nyx never really wanted to inflict harm on anyone with it. When the boy asked whether Charmander is free, Nyx understood he was not a threat, albeit his noticeable build from the innocence on his face. Nyx stared at the boy, noticing little leg muscle. He noted that down and looked at the boy, and he nodded his way, signaling no one had taken it. Nyx went back to lying back, playing around with his knife.

Last edited:

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
FLARE
TALKING NEVER PAYS OFF

Well that was pretty rude of them. So? I let Merita (better be grateful I remembered your name girl) rant on about rudeness. Sheesh people, all I wanted to know if she was. Or does popularity include zero curiosity? I'm pretty sure none of their BFF's are lying in the ground forgotten by everyone. These people...

I walk out the door before I waste more time. Those are some rude people. Well, not everyone. That girl never answered my question. Oh well. I lie down in the grass and feel the breeze. Then I take out my phone and headsets, then I press the button.

" And there she's back in her atmosphere with drops of Jupiter in her hair..."

This is why I brought my phone. With this song, Drops of Jupiter by Train, I soon forget about the rude people. So my song. It was also Sora's song, even though she only knew the lyrics by me singing to it. I close my eyes and wait for time to relax me.

NyxShooter

drifting wanderer
Years
Nyxs Steps​
Nyx watched as the girl stormed out, and saw her through the window listening to a form of music with oversized earphones. The kind that covers the entire ear. Nyx wondered why she stormed out before the other girl she interrogated had answered. Nyx wondered if she could read minds, and that she saw what he didn't say and she got angry at him. Nyx would not be happy if that we're the case. He continued to wait, tapping his fingers on the glass table. He was considering to go talk to the girl who stormed out to try and comfort him, but Nyx didn't know if he would be very good at it. He decided he would do it later, for now he wanted to learn more about the art of resting. Nyx laid his head back and fell asleep and probably started to sleep talk.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
FLARE
JUST TRYING TO BE

As the song ends, I wonder if it was worth sleeping in the woods. I wonder if it's worth leaving a good home. I thought these people were different, different from Tory and dad. I thought getting a pokemon would be worth it. Maybe my dad was right, maybe pokemon are just some...

No. My dad isn't right. Pokemon in battles obey their trainers. They care for each other without a care in the world. I skip the song that fills my ears.

" I'm hanging by a moment here with you..."

My dad's favorite song. Hanging By a Moment by Lifehouse. I remember my dad and me used to sing to that song to me after we left mom. We used to sing all night until he met Brenda...

The next song that comes on isn't better: Marry Me by Train.

" Now that the weight has lifted, love has finally shifted my way..."

That song the day dad and Brenda got married to. That same song was on when Tory pushed me and left a cut that you can still see in my leg. Maybe they finally gave out the pokemon. I should go inside before Torchic gets stuck with someone else.

Nidoking76

Not splitting the party
Years
PROFESSOR ERIGWANI​

Professor Erigwani was a bit annoyed about all the children yelling. They're just impatient, she thought to herself. Maybe I shouldn't keep them waiting. Professor Erigwani reached into her belt. She pulled out a small, circular metal object. Obviously a Pokeball. Erigwani slowly moved the Pokeball toward her face. She whispered it "Make them stop this Foghorn. Make them come with me." After this, Erigwani walked into the waiting room and released her Pokemon.

JENNIFER
LIFE IS HARD WHEN DUMB

Before Jennifer could even answer the girl, she walked off. Everything seemed to be calming down. Jennifer erased the words on her whiteboard, and wrote down to Poki Hello then Poki. I surely look forward to-
Spoiler:

The bright side of not being able to talk was that you couldn't just shout out profanities when shocked by things like this. You could still, however, almost get a freakin' heart attack. Jennifer swerved around to see the angriest Exploud she had ever seen ranting at them. "Okay," Professor Erigwani said, entering the room. "You can stop it Foghorn. Stop screaming please." When the screaming continued, Erigwani proved her intelligence by bringing the Exploud back into it's Pokeball, shouting swear words on it's way in.
"Okay then children," Erigwani said. "Some of you may already know me, but for those who don't, my name is Professor Erigwani. Please follow me."
Erigwani then left the room into the back, which Jennifer followed Erigwani into.

Back