• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Game Grumps Fan Club - WHAT IS THIS?!

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
You read my mind with Secret of Mana. I've been hoping they would go back to it for so long now. One day, though...One day.

I can definitely see them going back to that game at some point. They said they're becoming "completionists" with games now, so as long as there is interest in them I don't see why they won't return to it unlike a certain game deemed Dark Souls 2 *cough cough*

Heir

/EYES SUSPICIOUSLY
Years
I can definitely see them going back to that game at some point. They said they're becoming "completionists" with games now, so as long as there is interest in them I don't see why they won't return to it unlike a certain game deemed Dark Souls 2 *cough cough*

This is something I love about Danny that I hated about Jon. Don't get me wrong, I love me some JonTron, but I love how Danny and Arin play games to completion now. I always wondered how a a lot of the games they played ended, but was too lazy to look it up. Speaking of completion, I will be genuinely depressed if they do not complete Shovel Knight.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
This is something I love about Danny that I hated about Jon. Don't get me wrong, I love me some JonTron, but I love how Danny and Arin play games to completion now. I always wondered how a a lot of the games they played ended, but was too lazy to look it up. Speaking of completion, I will be genuinely depressed if they do not complete Shovel Knight.

They'll definitely complete Shovel Knight. It's getting an overall positive reaction from the lovelies, and Arin even went on saying this was his (new) favorite game. If he doesn't complete it, it will be a complete shocker to be completely honest. I'm really curious though what the next video game series they're going to do now thanks to Contra (barf) ended; hopefully not another NES game, I don't really enjoy those.

Heir

/EYES SUSPICIOUSLY
Years
Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the NES series, they did a one-off today though so we will have to wait until tomorrow to see what the new series is.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
Hmm...interesting choice of the Xbox One game 1001 Spikes. I've played a little bit of it myself and I can honestly say it's pretty rage inducing, so I'm surprised they chose that game. I haven't had a chance to watch it - going to right now - so I'm curious how they'll fare with this next gen game. Definitely better than another NES game if I do say so myself haha.

Heir

/EYES SUSPICIOUSLY
Years
I wasn't familiar with 1001 spikes, until I saw it on the channel, but it does seem like it gets rage-inducing very fast. That Jordon Vs. Bird 1 on 1 episode was amazing though!

If you have not watched the Jordon Vs Bird episode yet, a tad spolier.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
Haha I thought that the Jordon vs Bird was just meh. I don't know, it's hard for me to watch those sports-based NES games. Arin just has a lot of difficulty wrapping his head around the concepts of some sports. Although the Tecmo Bowl play through was pretty top, especially with that awesome beginning scene.

XP7CTcl.gif

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I tend to enjoy the sports games episodes more than others because they tend to be one-offs. One-offs are my favorite Grumps episodes because the game doesn't drag on and the jokes remain fresh.

But I wasn't a fan of the Jordan v. Bird episode.
Spoiler:

Heir

/EYES SUSPICIOUSLY
Years
I suppose Arin isn't too good at keeping a joke going throughout an episode. When Dan did it with Big Zam it was pretty funny.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
Have to agree with you Astinus on that. I was cringing a little bit everytime I kept hearing him bring it up. One-Offs are hit and miss though in my opinion; sometime's they're good, sometime's they're just downright bad. For instance, that Petz Catz episode of Steam Train was just awful. I guess it all depends on if they're into the game considering the quality of humor seems to go up if they are engaged with the game (like they currently are with Shovel Knight.)

Heir

/EYES SUSPICIOUSLY
Years
There are some occasions when they play a game that is SO bad, it's funny (if Sonic '06 wasn't enough of an example) like the transformers game they played today. That game was HORRIBLE, but their reactions were entertaining.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
There are some occasions when they play a game that is SO bad, it's funny (if Sonic '06 wasn't enough of an example) like the transformers game they played today. That game was HORRIBLE, but their reactions were entertaining.

Indeed they were! I think I'm slowly starting to change my stance on One-Offs; like Astinus stated, I really like how it gives us these brief, rapid successions of jokes that are unique to each episode and won't become stale like some long-plays end up doing. Even though the gameplay for the Transformers video game was absolutely dreadful, they did a funny job coping with the epileptic-indusing flashing screen and making the most out of the controls.

I've recently been rewatching the Super Mario Sunshine series and my god, those were some pretty hilarious episodes. I recommend just rewatching the Bianco Hills episode, because that had me in stitches from laughing so hard.

Heir

/EYES SUSPICIOUSLY
Years
Oh my god, I just re watched that episode and it was great! That senile joke was hilarious, as well as the whole "Pussy Lips" rap! I remember a lot of the Super Mario Sunshine episodes being really funny, especially the episode with the pachinko machine.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
And then Barry just comes out of nowhere and just completes the level on his first shot xD That was a good episode, I completely forgot about that one.

I wish that they would start up another series instead of One-Offs/sports and gameshow based episodes. I want another Super Mario Sunshine-like playthrough, and let Danny play it for once!

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I totally agree. I was really fond of the Super Mario Sunshine playthrough, it's one of my favorites and had a lot of great moments. Another longer playthrough would be awesome.

I'd also be glad if they went back and finished some of their older playthroughs. Secret of Mana, Punch-Out Wii, Dokapon, etc.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
I totally agree. I was really fond of the Super Mario Sunshine playthrough, it's one of my favorites and had a lot of great moments. Another longer playthrough would be awesome.

I'd also be glad if they went back and finished some of their older playthroughs. Secret of Mana, Punch-Out Wii, Dokapon, etc.

Didn't they finish Punch-Out Wii already? I could have sworn that they did D: Unless of course you're referring to the Champion track where he has to defend the belt, which in that case yeah they should just do that just so we can see Danny face Donkey Kong at the end!

I can't remember what panel I was listening to - maybe something RTX related - but someone actually asked them about Dokapon and the Grumps responded that they might go back to it, so there's still a chance!

ALSO, if anyone wants to watch the Game Grumps Q&A panel at San Diego Comic Con earlier today you can watch it via this link:
http://www.maker.tv/video/IcyEzGcAHVK6/show/comic-con/series/comic-con

Last edited:

Heir

/EYES SUSPICIOUSLY
Years
Unfortunately, we have to say goodbye to the Shovel Knight series today. It was one of the best Grump series in my opinion, especial because Arin was actually really good at it! I'm pretty excited to see what's up next, hopefully a revisit to Pokemon fire red, or maybe even Secret of Mana?

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
Years
Username: Murkmire
Favorite Grump: Danny Sexbang
Favorite Series: Castlevania: Dracula X

I may have some problems with the Grumps some of the time, but they have actually shown me games I've grown to love. <3 That, and Star Bomb was born ebcause of them! Danny is a really cool guy, and I'd party with him ;)

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
Wait, what is that? Did Matt finally update the OP with everyone's information??
Spoiler:

If you have some information missing (like Favorite One-Off for instance) and want me to update it, just let me know!

New topics!
  • What do you think of the current series of games (i.e. Castlevania 2, Sakura Spirit, Super Mario 3D World)
  • What do you think of Ross' response video about animator's being jipped from being paid well? If you haven't seen it, you can view the original video he uploaded here.

Heir

/EYES SUSPICIOUSLY
Years
Super Mario 3D world seems like its going to be a fun ride! I'll be honest, I cannot stand Ross is Sakura Spirit. The voice he puts on got so annoying! Castlevania 2 will probably not last long due to Arin hating it!

Back