Pokémon Trading Card Game The forum for the Pokémon TCG and Pokemon TCG Online. Post your deck to get rated, rate other decks, ask questions, talk about strategy, etc.

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #851    
Old June 30th, 2014 (1:54 AM).
CuteFruit CuteFruit is offline
    TCGO:
     
    Join Date: Jun 2014
    Gender: Female
    Posts: 2
    I recently stumbled upon my Pokemon cards, never played with them, just collected them as a "status" thing. So I am apologizing in advance for my ignorance.
    Really have no idea about their worth, which I assume isn't much. Worth a check anyway!

    I have a miss spelt Farfetch'd card - spelt Farfethd. It's a 2nd edition from Neo Gen 21/64.

    I also have a Mewtwo, which I cant seem to find much info on. Its also a 2nd edition, from Neo Gen 20/130

    Donphan - spelt Donfan 2nd edition Neo Gen 18/64

    Dark Blastoise 2nd edition 20/82

    Thanks!

    Relevant Advertising!

      #852    
    Old July 3rd, 2014 (9:16 PM).
    SunsetFirefly16 SunsetFirefly16 is offline
      TCGO:
       
      Join Date: Jul 2014
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 1
      Good Day,

      I recently dug out my old Pokemon card collection, and I've been taking an inventory of them so I can sell them (300 and counting!). I've come across a card which I cannot find anywhere I've looked online.

      17/110 Ninetales (Legendary Collection), (C) 2002 Pokemon/Nintendo
      It's a reverse hollow with a silver border (similar to the 56/64 Meowth gold-bordered promo card). Any ideas on how much it's worth?

      Thanks in advance for whatever help you can offer!
        #853    
      Old July 8th, 2014 (8:04 AM).
      ads_2006 ads_2006 is offline
        TCGO:
         
        Join Date: Jan 2014
        Posts: 115
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by SunsetFirefly16 View Post
        Good Day,

        I recently dug out my old Pokemon card collection, and I've been taking an inventory of them so I can sell them (300 and counting!). I've come across a card which I cannot find anywhere I've looked online.

        17/110 Ninetales (Legendary Collection), (C) 2002 Pokemon/Nintendo
        It's a reverse hollow with a silver border (similar to the 56/64 Meowth gold-bordered promo card). Any ideas on how much it's worth?

        Thanks in advance for whatever help you can offer!
        that reverse holo ninetails is worth about $3-6 dollars
          #854    
        Old July 8th, 2014 (8:14 AM).
        ads_2006 ads_2006 is offline
          TCGO:
           
          Join Date: Jan 2014
          Posts: 115
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by CuteFruit View Post
          I recently stumbled upon my Pokemon cards, never played with them, just collected them as a "status" thing. So I am apologizing in advance for my ignorance.
          Really have no idea about their worth, which I assume isn't much. Worth a check anyway!

          I have a miss spelt Farfetch'd card - spelt Farfethd. It's a 2nd edition from Neo Gen 21/64.

          I also have a Mewtwo, which I cant seem to find much info on. Its also a 2nd edition, from Neo Gen 20/130

          Donphan - spelt Donfan 2nd edition Neo Gen 18/64

          Dark Blastoise 2nd edition 20/82

          Thanks!
          The description of the cards you provided lead me to believe they are fake. Would be more helpful to post pictures

          Farfetched is 43/64 and I did not see any errors for it (also, not sure where the 2nd edition came from)

          The only mewtwo released for neo was Shining mewtwo (109/105). If the mewtwo card is an electric type, its fake.

          Donphan i believe is also fake

          The dark blastoise is worth around $1-$2.
            #855    
          Old July 8th, 2014 (9:05 AM).
          Ianmalcolm99 Ianmalcolm99 is offline
            TCGO:
             
            Join Date: Jun 2014
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 4
            I have a 6/108 charizard, i find the rarity thing quite complicated so ill just describe it, the word charizard is holo, and so is 120hp, and there is a holo silver star, which i would think means ultra rare but i have some silver stars which arent holo and i am therefore rather confused, i have looked this card up on ebay and i cant make sense of it, so anyone who knows what they're doing, can you give me a figure as what i'm seeing is ranging from £8.50 to around £147, so anyone who can get me an exact figure i would appreciate it greatly, the card is in good condition, not mint, but not wrecked. Thanks.
              #856    
            Old July 8th, 2014 (1:04 PM).
            liam858's Avatar
            liam858 liam858 is offline
              TCGO:
               
              Join Date: May 2005
              Location: Cheshire, UK
              Nature: Relaxed
              Posts: 38
              Is this the card:



              If so it's worth around £5-£7.
              __________________
                #857    
              Old July 9th, 2014 (1:46 AM).
              Ianmalcolm99 Ianmalcolm99 is offline
                TCGO:
                 
                Join Date: Jun 2014
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 4
                it doesnt looks as if that card has a holo picture of charizard, which i forgot to mention, it might have one i cant see but if not, does that mean more moneys for me? lol
                  #858    
                Old July 9th, 2014 (9:35 AM).
                donavannj's Avatar
                donavannj donavannj is offline
                • Moderator
                • Crystal Tier
                TCGO: donavannj
                 
                Join Date: Mar 2005
                Location: 'cause it get cold like Minnesota
                Age: 26
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 21,111
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Ianmalcolm99 View Post
                it doesnt looks as if that card has a holo picture of charizard, which i forgot to mention, it might have one i cant see but if not, does that mean more moneys for me? lol
                The card in Liam's picture is a holo (hard to tell from the picture, but it is holo), so it's actually the same card you have. So, no, it does not mean more money for you.
                __________________
                idol trash and game nerd
                  #859    
                Old July 11th, 2014 (1:17 PM).
                MewNine's Avatar
                MewNine MewNine is offline
                  TCGO:
                   
                  Join Date: Jul 2014
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 17
                  #1.
                  1. Reverse Holo Mewtwo ex
                  2. EX Ruby & Sapphire
                  3. 101/109 *

                  #2.
                  1. Holo Team Magma's Aggron
                  2. EX Team Magma vs Team Aqua
                  3. 7/95 *

                  #3.
                  1. Reverse Holo Manectric
                  2. EX Ruby & Sapphire
                  3. 39/109 *

                  #4.
                  1. Holo Ludicolo
                  2. Promo (There is a star with the word "PROMO" written across it).
                  3. 020
                  __________________
                  Need help with refs. PM me for FREE Pokemon TCG Online Codes! http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=488475
                    #860    
                  Old July 15th, 2014 (4:31 PM).
                  donavannj's Avatar
                  donavannj donavannj is offline
                  • Moderator
                  • Crystal Tier
                  TCGO: donavannj
                   
                  Join Date: Mar 2005
                  Location: 'cause it get cold like Minnesota
                  Age: 26
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 21,111
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Electric Blast View Post
                  For Japanese Latias gold star 1st edition PSA 10 If you were a buyer and were interested in this card what price do you think you are willing/fair to pay and what you think others would be willing to pay in a bidding style auction?
                  Thanks
                  Me personally, nothing, because that card's way more than I could afford for a single card unless I saved for months. Otherwise, fair price is the price that was posted for it further back in the thread.

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by MewNine View Post
                  #1.
                  1. Reverse Holo Mewtwo ex
                  2. EX Ruby & Sapphire
                  3. 101/109 *
                  This one is actually the normal foil version and the only foil version of this particular Mewtwo ex.
                  It's been fetching between $5 and $10.

                  Quote:
                  #2.
                  1. Holo Team Magma's Aggron
                  2. EX Team Magma vs Team Aqua
                  3. 7/95 *
                  Team Magma's Aggron: $1 to $3.

                  Quote:
                  #3.
                  1. Reverse Holo Manectric
                  2. EX Ruby & Sapphire
                  3. 39/109 *
                  This may be reverse holo, but it's an uncommon by rarity, so it's worth somewhere between $0.25 and $0.50.

                  Quote:
                  #4.
                  1. Holo Ludicolo
                  2. Promo (There is a star with the word "PROMO" written across it).
                  3. 020
                  Ludicolo Nintendo Black Star Promo 20: $1 to $3.
                  __________________
                  idol trash and game nerd
                    #861    
                  Old July 15th, 2014 (10:36 PM). Edited July 15th, 2014 by squiznab.
                  squiznab squiznab is offline
                    TCGO:
                     
                    Join Date: Jul 2014
                    Posts: 1
                    #1
                    1: A set of 20 1st edition cards, all common except for ~4 uncommon
                    2: First edition set (dunno what it's called
                    3:All cards x/62
                    #2
                    1: 1st edition Zapdos fossil
                    2: First edition set
                    3: 30/62 *
                      #862    
                    Old July 16th, 2014 (3:06 PM).
                    Loukas Loukas is offline
                      TCGO:
                       
                      Join Date: Jul 2014
                      Posts: 9
                      Hello first post here on the forums i hope i am posting to the right place.

                      I have a lot of cards from the team rocket set. All the cards i own were opened from the same box. I have a problem with one though. It has 2 problems. The card is dark charmeleon. Its holographic which is not supposed to be and the index number on the bottom right corner is 15/82 which is supposed to be an another card. All the other cards are fine. Can someone enlighten me if this is a misprint or a fake. I can post picture if needed. I did checked them and they dont seem fake to me
                        #863    
                      Old July 16th, 2014 (4:32 PM).
                      donavannj's Avatar
                      donavannj donavannj is offline
                      • Moderator
                      • Crystal Tier
                      TCGO: donavannj
                       
                      Join Date: Mar 2005
                      Location: 'cause it get cold like Minnesota
                      Age: 26
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 21,111
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by squiznab View Post
                      #1
                      1: A set of 20 1st edition cards, all common except for ~4 uncommon
                      2: First edition set (dunno what it's called
                      3:All cards x/62
                      #2
                      1: 1st edition Zapdos fossil
                      2: First edition set
                      3: 30/62 *
                      1. Fossil 1st Edition Commons and Uncommons: $0.50 to $1 apiece.

                      2. 1st Edition Fossil Zapdos 30/62: $2 to $6.

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Loukas View Post
                      Hello first post here on the forums i hope i am posting to the right place.

                      I have a lot of cards from the team rocket set. All the cards i own were opened from the same box. I have a problem with one though. It has 2 problems. The card is dark charmeleon. Its holographic which is not supposed to be and the index number on the bottom right corner is 15/82 which is supposed to be an another card. All the other cards are fine. Can someone enlighten me if this is a misprint or a fake. I can post picture if needed. I did checked them and they dont seem fake to me
                      There is no record of such an error ever existing as far as I can tell... I have suspicions that it's a fake. Mind posting a picture up as an attachment to your next post in this thread?
                      __________________
                      idol trash and game nerd
                        #864    
                      Old July 16th, 2014 (4:48 PM).
                      Loukas Loukas is offline
                        TCGO:
                         
                        Join Date: Jul 2014
                        Posts: 9
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by donavannj View Post
                        1. Fossil 1st Edition Commons and Uncommons: $0.50 to $1 apiece.

                        2. 1st Edition Fossil Zapdos 30/62: $2 to $6.



                        There is no record of such an error ever existing as far as I can tell... I have suspicions that it's a fake. Mind posting a picture up as an attachment to your next post in this thread?
                        Err i cannot send links cause i have yet to complete 15 posts. I there another way to send you the image? Or to post the pic here?

                        Edit: Nvm i found the attachments
                        Attached Images
                        File Type: jpg DSC_0202.jpg‎ (1,018.0 KB, 8 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                          #865    
                        Old July 16th, 2014 (4:51 PM).
                        donavannj's Avatar
                        donavannj donavannj is offline
                        • Moderator
                        • Crystal Tier
                        TCGO: donavannj
                         
                        Join Date: Mar 2005
                        Location: 'cause it get cold like Minnesota
                        Age: 26
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 21,111
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Loukas View Post
                        Err i cannot send links cause i have yet to complete 15 posts. I there another way to send you the image? Or to post the pic here?
                        Yes. Click the "Post Reply" button, and that will bring you to the full post editor. In the buttons on that page, there should be a button that looks like a paper clip. Click that button, which should bring up the Manage Attachments window, and then upload the picture as an attachment.
                        __________________
                        idol trash and game nerd
                          #866    
                        Old July 16th, 2014 (4:54 PM).
                        Loukas Loukas is offline
                          TCGO:
                           
                          Join Date: Jul 2014
                          Posts: 9
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by donavannj View Post
                          Yes. Click the "Post Reply" button, and that will bring you to the full post editor. In the buttons on that page, there should be a button that looks like a paper clip. Click that button, which should bring up the Manage Attachments window, and then upload the picture as an attachment.
                          Yeah found it the pic its in my previous post thanks
                            #867    
                          Old July 16th, 2014 (5:48 PM).
                          donavannj's Avatar
                          donavannj donavannj is offline
                          • Moderator
                          • Crystal Tier
                          TCGO: donavannj
                           
                          Join Date: Mar 2005
                          Location: 'cause it get cold like Minnesota
                          Age: 26
                          Gender: Male
                          Posts: 21,111
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Loukas View Post
                          Yeah found it :) the pic its in my previous post thanks:)
                          Yeah, that looks like a fake. Dark Charmeleon was never a holo, and the fact that you can see a holo ring pretty clearly on the parts of the card that are not the picture pretty much give it away as fake. Well, that and the wrong collector's number on the card.
                          __________________
                          idol trash and game nerd
                            #868    
                          Old July 17th, 2014 (12:28 AM).
                          Loukas Loukas is offline
                            TCGO:
                             
                            Join Date: Jul 2014
                            Posts: 9
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by donavannj View Post
                            Yeah, that looks like a fake. Dark Charmeleon was never a holo, and the fact that you can see a holo ring pretty clearly on the parts of the card that are not the picture pretty much give it away as fake. Well, that and the wrong collector's number on the card.
                            Is there a way to be 100% sure? Maybe post some of the other cards of the set? They came from the same box and they all have the correct numbers and stuff.
                              #869    
                            Old July 17th, 2014 (2:26 AM).
                            CuteFruit CuteFruit is offline
                              TCGO:
                               
                              Join Date: Jun 2014
                              Gender: Female
                              Posts: 2
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by ads_2006 View Post
                              The description of the cards you provided lead me to believe they are fake. Would be more helpful to post pictures

                              Farfetched is 43/64 and I did not see any errors for it (also, not sure where the 2nd edition came from)

                              The only mewtwo released for neo was Shining mewtwo (109/105). If the mewtwo card is an electric type, its fake.

                              Donphan i believe is also fake

                              The dark blastoise is worth around $1-$2.
                              Thanks ads_2006 for your reply! I did more digging right after I posted that, and sure enough they are fake. Here I was thinking I had a goldmine! Hehe! Guess I wasn't such a smart kid at collecting them!
                              Thanks for your help anyway!

                                #870    
                              Old July 17th, 2014 (9:05 PM).
                              bryanhsu123 bryanhsu123 is offline
                                TCGO:
                                 
                                Join Date: Jul 2014
                                Gender: Male
                                Posts: 1
                                Worth of PSA 10 graded Japanese Crystal Crobat. Only 3 in existence.
                                  #871    
                                Old July 17th, 2014 (10:28 PM).
                                ads_2006 ads_2006 is offline
                                  TCGO:
                                   
                                  Join Date: Jan 2014
                                  Posts: 115
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by bryanhsu123 View Post
                                  Worth of PSA 10 graded Japanese Crystal Crobat. Only 3 in existence.
                                  Not sure, pretty hard to nail down because of the PSA grade and none being available on ebay.

                                  is yours first edition?

                                  if so, than it may be worth anywhere from $150 - $230. Thats some of the prices I saw on ebay. IDK if a person would be willing to pay that, but it's an estimate i guess. However, those were for a PSA 9 and ungraded "mint". So, with yours being a PSA 10, it could be more towards the $230 range or a little higher.
                                    #872    
                                  Old July 17th, 2014 (10:31 PM).
                                  ads_2006 ads_2006 is offline
                                    TCGO:
                                     
                                    Join Date: Jan 2014
                                    Posts: 115
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Loukas View Post
                                    Is there a way to be 100% sure? Maybe post some of the other cards of the set? They came from the same box and they all have the correct numbers and stuff.
                                    do you remember where you got the box from?

                                    Its possible that only the charmeleon was fake and the others may be real. If you want to post some of the cards your most concerned about being fake, I wouldn't mind taking a look.

                                    However, not sure if you can post them in this thread or a different one!
                                      #873    
                                    Old July 18th, 2014 (3:37 AM).
                                    Loukas Loukas is offline
                                      TCGO:
                                       
                                      Join Date: Jul 2014
                                      Posts: 9
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by ads_2006 View Post
                                      do you remember where you got the box from?

                                      Its possible that only the charmeleon was fake and the others may be real. If you want to post some of the cards your most concerned about being fake, I wouldn't mind taking a look.

                                      However, not sure if you can post them in this thread or a different one!
                                      Well the box was a left over from a closed shop. It was a jungle set and the team rocket set. I can post cards from both sets if needed. Is this the correct thread? Or should i pm them to you?
                                        #874    
                                      Old July 19th, 2014 (11:22 AM).
                                      saromez saromez is offline
                                        TCGO:
                                         
                                        Join Date: Jul 2014
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Posts: 13
                                        will you tell the value of common or uncommon cards if they have a error of sum kind?
                                          #875    
                                        Old July 19th, 2014 (12:32 PM).
                                        saromez saromez is offline
                                          TCGO:
                                           
                                          Join Date: Jul 2014
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Posts: 13
                                          or misprint? cause I have a few of those.
                                          Closed Thread

                                          Quick Reply

                                          Join the conversation!

                                          Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                          Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                          Sponsored Links
                                          Thread Tools

                                          Posting Rules
                                          You may not post new threads
                                          You may not post replies
                                          You may not post attachments
                                          You may not edit your posts

                                          BB code is On
                                          Smilies are On
                                          [IMG] code is On
                                          HTML code is Off

                                          Forum Jump


                                          All times are GMT -8. The time now is 6:33 AM.