• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Development: BETA RELEASED 19/06/2016 | PRHE (Pokémon Ruby Hacked EINGine)

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
Years
Just as a suggestion, but one of the things that made JPAN's engine so great was that the source code for the entire thing was available to the public to look at, examine, and modify. While I probably won't be using this due to my preferred interest in FR/EM hacking, it would be nice for those who are going to apply this patch to be able to view and modify the source code. Plus it might help in finding a solution for some of the present bugs in the engine as well.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Woa, finally destinedjagold the creator of the ruby destiny series comment here! nicee ^^

Erm...thanks?
But I've been watching this thread for a while now and I am quite excited for this. :3

Anyway...

when you say "disable", what do you mean? As a hacker? Or a gamer?
In case that you have refered to hacker case, you only need to change only one pointer, dismissing this routine. (It will be programed, but not allowed because you don't call to it).
In the case that you will mean as a gamer, maybe I add an script at the start of the game that force you to choose your preferences.

When I said "disable", I meant it as a hacker. Changing one pointer to dismiss the routine sounds easy enough. ^_^
But your plan of giving the players the ability to choose in the game also sounds like a great idea. ^^

Anyway, keep up the great work~ ;)

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
This is very cool, eing15~
All of the features look like they flow really well together and actually work. O_o

Great job so far, hope to see more soon~ :3

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Just as a suggestion, but one of the things that made JPAN's engine so great was that the source code for the entire thing was available to the public to look at, examine, and modify. While I probably won't be using this due to my preferred interest in FR/EM hacking, it would be nice for those who are going to apply this patch to be able to view and modify the source code. Plus it might help in finding a solution for some of the present bugs in the engine as well.
Yeah, as i say in your profile, you're right.
When i post the eingine, i post the source code of the routines too.
It's better to the Information Technology World, because it allow to other people to learn with the code, or pull it.

Erm...thanks?
But I've been watching this thread for a while now and I am quite excited for this. :3

Anyway...

When I said "disable", I meant it as a hacker. Changing one pointer to dismiss the routine sounds easy enough. ^_^
But your plan of giving the players the ability to choose in the game also sounds like a great idea. ^^

Anyway, keep up the great work~ ;)
As I said the last time, if a rom hacker want to disable it, he/she only need to change one pointer to another pointer, dismissing this routine.

This is very cool, eing15~
All of the features look like they flow really well together and actually work. O_o

Great job so far, hope to see more soon~ :3

Thanks, i hope to do the best i can!

------------------

After answer all the post, i gonna post the routine of energy and hungry system done.

ENERGY AND HUNGRY SISTEM - POKÉMON RUBY HACKED EINGINE (PRHE)

Explanation:
The system consists in that the protagonist must eat and sleep to recover the energy and hungry values.
The maximum of each one is:
Hungry: 2h (You only can be 2h without eating something)
Sleep: 5h (You only can be 5h without sleeping)
So, to have the best experiencie with the system, i add and advice that say you that you need eat or sleep, depending the hungry or sleep values.
If you dismiss the advice, and falling down, you will defeated and will go to the last room you sleep. But you lose the money too.

PS: The hours of the system are in game, so if you press "space" to run fast the emulator, you will need eat and sleep more times than normal playing.

Near~

The End is Near...
Years
Nice! I love this might even use this :)
off topic: Is it true you are going to hack FR soon? I heard it on wah foro jeje saludos bro!

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
Years
OMG, Is amazing!!!
This engine can be very useful for the Future Ruby hackers, I'm happy using my buggy Fire Red ROM, but your engine can be the better engine for the romhackers!

Saludos putilla!

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Ohh... Followers in wAh are here too! It's very pretty!
Well, after say the above f*cking sentence, i'll say thAt i edit the D&N system of primedialga again.
It's the result of the modification:

As you can see, in this system for each 10 minutes, in the game pass 1h. It's very usefl to pass the days in game, not depending the pc. Because more times we need to play at night or travel to the future(?) changing the current hour in our machine, and it isn't very confortable i guess.
This is the first reason i do it, futhermore to give more realism when we sleep hours.

That's all.
(This system doesn't affect the real rtc, it's present too in the same offset, and doesn't affect to the game play hours)

Proximetly, i do better the routine of hungry and energy, depending of the new rtc.

Windsong

—the dream is dead
Years
Thats pretty neat, I like it. Just an question, why do you work with Ruby instead of Emerald? I mean it is your choice after all but I remember Ruby being a bad base when it comes to internal coding and stuff.

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Thats pretty neat, I like it. Just an question, why do you work with Ruby instead of Emerald? I mean it is your choice after all but I remember Ruby being a bad base when it comes to internal coding and stuff.

I hacked ruby with my asm routines because is the rom base that i've hacked always. I know more about it (more than fr and emerald), and i will continue doing it.
When i say know more about it i refer where is the data that i want to modify.
In emerald and fr i don't know more.. (And it have the problem of the dma lol)

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
Years
I hacked ruby with my asm routines because is the rom base that i've hacked always. I know more about it (more than fr and emerald), and i will continue doing it.
When i say know more about it i refer where is the data that i want to modify.
In emerald and fr i don't know more.. (And it have the problem of the dma lol)

DMA isn't as much of a problem as long as you properly navigate the RAM. And technically it's not even DMA, it's just malloc and the positioning of certain routines relative to when the scripts are run. Most data that's malloc'd has a pointer to it in the IWRAM which can be accessed to find the location of the data you need. It's a bit more lengthy to do compared to Ruby, but it's not all that difficult once you know how to do it. I do understand what you mean by ROM familiarity. I'm more used Emerald/Fire Red's codebase so I tend to stick with those engines.

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
DMA isn't as much of a problem as long as you properly navigate the RAM. And technically it's not even DMA, it's just malloc and the positioning of certain routines relative to when the scripts are run. Most data that's malloc'd has a pointer to it in the IWRAM which can be accessed to find the location of the data you need. It's a bit more lengthy to do compared to Ruby, but it's not all that difficult once you know how to do it. I do understand what you mean by ROM familiarity. I'm more used Emerald/Fire Red's codebase so I tend to stick with those engines.
Yes, i've always hacked ruby so is more easy than Fr, but i will try to do new things in this base, for fr hackers and learn more about rom hacking hehe.

Well, sorry for don't post anything since.. weeks.
But no problem guys, today i went here to update this thread!!

I'm very bussy, but.. i try to do the best i can.
I post the next video and the explanation bellow ok?

¡STOP MISSIGNO!

The video show us, that the problem that happens when we enter in the tall grass without pokémon, (will appear missigno in our team) is solved. So, I check if we have any pokemon in our team, and if it's 0, i push the var battle in Safari battle mode. (It's is very useful to catch our first pokemon, and make a new ideas to how start our adventures in our hacks).
Also, when we catch one pokemon, or have one, the variable turns to the original value, and then we fight to the wild pokémon with our pokémons.

(This is an ASM routine, not the special of safari battle, so you can do infinite of steps, and walk to the place you want).

¡hope you like it!

PS: Dismiss the "bug" for Safari ball's it is because is a byte, that starts at 0. (Because i forget in the video push FF) So 0-1 = FF.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
The video show us, that the problem that happens when we enter in the tall grass without pokémon, (will appear missigno in our team) is solved. So, I check if we have any pokemon in our team, and if it's 0, i push the var battle in Safari battle mode. (It's is very useful to catch our first pokemon, and make a new ideas to how start our adventures in our hacks).
Also, when we catch one pokemon, or have one, the variable turns to the original value, and then we fight to the wild pokémon with our pokémons.

(This is an ASM routine, not the special of safari battle, so you can do infinite of steps, and walk to the place you want).

¡hope you like it!

PS: Dismiss the "bug" for Safari ball's it is because is a byte, that starts at 0. (Because i forget in the video push FF) So 0-1 = FF.
[/CENTER]

Wow. That's actually a pretty neat idea. ^^

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Hello to everybody, today i come with the next video:

FORCING ONE POKÉMON TO EVOLVE

It works with the same method:
setvar 0xvar 0xslot
setvar 0xvar 0xpokemon al que evoluciona
callasm 0xrutina+1

Like a function: evolution(nº slot, pokemon to evolve)

As you can see, this function is very useful to force one pokémon to evolve. But, you need to select the slot, with a previus check, of course. Else, you can see the pokémon that you select in the slot, will evolve, in another pokémon that isn't be which you want to evolve.

Futhermore, is very useful, to open menú, select a pokémon, store it in lastresult, and then evolve it, in wich you specify in the var, like a interchange.
Or if you want you can add in your game a crazy cientific that will evolve your pokémon in random pokémon xD

Hope you like it^^
(And yes, is on FR, but it will be in PRHE too).

I forget this, sorry. (Answer to the post..=

Wow. That's actually a pretty neat idea.
20.%20boogie.gif
Haha thanks, if you want an small version talk to me^^
And sorry, i need time to research about ur MP.. I hope that the research that you send me, doesn't be necesarry to be hurry ended.

This is a really neat idea for a hack. Honestly, it should be something that should be ported to other games, as this could be a really unique way to get yourself a starter Pokémon.

Also, looks like someone is a Final Fantasy fan :D
Yeah, in the future, maybe i make a FRHE, but i think that isn't be really necesary, because there are the Fire Red Hacked Engine by JPAN.. so, maybe i release the code only, and will ported to FR.
(The idea is always the same, it isn't really diferent between the three roms.
And yeah! i'm a big fan of FF series. You too i guess^^

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Hello to everybody!
Today I gonna show us my system of prides.

SYSTEM OF PRIDES

It works like the skitty prides, but with some diferences.
It loads the pokémon specie with the var, and then which time are available -since you activate the pride- and in wich map.
Like this script:

setvar 0x40fb 0xspecie of pokémon
setvar 0x40fa 0xYYZZ -Where YY = hours availables and with a maximus of 24h, and ZZ= In wich map appears the pride. -Only one-
callasm 0xrutina+1

This routine only allow to us activate one pride at the same time. If we activate another, the last pride will be desactivated.

Cya!

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Hello to everybody!
Sorry for don't post anything since months, but I was ending this update, that I've working since.. BUF!
Andrea knows what i mean.. (Ps. Thanks you very much for your help)

Finally, I ended the routine of 2vs2 and update the video.
Here is it.

2 VS 2 WILDBATTLE

In the video, we can see all but.. I think that i need to explain here too.

1 - You can run away in the 2vs2 wildbattles.
2- You can catch both pokémon, and give a nick name. (But after that, you need to faint one of them)
3- Rate of aparence (You can edit the posibilities of 2vs2 wildbattles and if the species are the same or not)
4- It's only posible join in 2vs2 battle if you have 2 pokémon with 1HP each one. If this case will not be ok, the battle will be 1 vs 1.

In the routine, it haven't got any bug, it works 100 % great.
(ok, I need to fix the experiencie gained, but.. i don't worry about it)

That's all, I hope you like it ^^
(I want to remember, that the source code will be released with the free patch PRHE -Pokémon Rubí Hacked EINGine-)

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Hello to everybody, today I gonna show us an small routine that will be on the PRHE.

It consist in asign another atacks to the pokémon that you will recieve. (If you want of course)
It's cool to give an special pokémon like GameFreak's Events.

This feature, will be available to the pokémon that appear in the "manadas". (But, you need to do another table_learn_movements for each entry dex. But only 4, because there are the 4 that appear when you catch it!)

Cya!

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Hello to everybody!
Today i will show us two new routine that i've made.

The first of all is this:
2 VS 2 via wildbattle script, and status of the pokémon

The video show us, how i have a double wild battle with a two pokémon (In this case two snorlax), the status.. and more features. (You can see it on the descriptin of the video, thanks to the vars..)

no pokes alive? no problem

I'm really bored, why the system when we lost, we back to the CP? Meh, is better back walking to the CP =)

Hope you like it =D

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2021
Hello to everybody!
Today i will show us two new routine that i've made.

The first of all is this:
2 VS 2 via wildbattle script, and status of the pokémon

The video show us, how i have a double wild battle with a two pokémon (In this case two snorlax), the status.. and more features. (You can see it on the descriptin of the video, thanks to the vars..)

no pokes alive? no problem

I'm really bored, why the system when we lost, we back to the CP? Meh, is better back walking to the CP =)

Hope you like it =D

You're doing great, that's too bad you work on Ruby instead of FR or Emerald but anyway.

For the pokemons fainted thing, I don't think this is a good idea as you're not able to go back in some situation, Elite 4 is an exemple among others

Back