• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Do you still play the fifth generation games?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
No, and good riddance too. I hate the Gen 5 games for a plethora of reasons and don't find them enjoyable. Usually I just fire up X/Y or Emerald when I feel like playing Pokémon.

Years
No, I don't. I usually stop playing a Pokémon game when the next is released and may only use it to transfer Pokémon to a newer game. I mainly played in the Join avenue in White 2 anyway and the Wifi shutdown made it a lot less interesting to play. Also, I generally never restart my games, especially not White 2. It has medals I will not be able to get again (some online play and Dream World medals).

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Of course. The fifth generation is the latest Pokemon games I have, and one of the best too in my opinion, so I'll keep playing it (and previous generations) until a 3DS and X/Y (or if I wait long enough, OR/AS) somehow falls into my grasp. So far, I've completed White 2 as well as Black 2 all the way up to finishing White Treehollow and Black Tower and obtaining the shiny dragons. I might try doing a challenge in the future just to see how it goes.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Yep, I still play them. I recently finished the Game of Life challenge on White 2 and I'm planning on doing another challenge on White :)

They're really fun to do challenges on!

Veil

♫ ♪ ♬ ~
Years
I haven't played my copy of White since I completed it for the first time, but I might go back soon to catch more Pokemon to transfer over to X and Y. There isn't much of a post-game iirc, but maybe that's because I didn't explore much after defeating the Elite Four. I'll probably return to the games soon.

Years
I haven't found time to replay my 5th Gen games yet, but who knows maybe I will find time to play them again if I get bored with X anytime soon. 5th Gen will always be a true fave in my opinion so no surprise if I do go back to playing it.

Relica

Worst Player Ever
Years
Generation 5 is actually my overall favorite generation, alongside generation 3. I find myself replaying them quite often, particularly the Blaze Black and Volt White hacks. Those are utterly fantastic and remove any problems I have with Generation 5 as a whole.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
I do for challenges. Unova is actually a pretty great region to play a monotype in (which is the challenge I primarily do), since all of the types are well-represented in both BW and B2W2. Also, Audino grinding is a lot more fun and easier than training at Mt. Silver in GSC/HGSS o.o

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2017
Yeah, since BW/2 is some of may favorite Pokemon Games. The battle animations, story, Pokemon World tournament, Challenge Modes, and awesome music just keep bringing me back.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I don't get around to playing my 3DS much so... not really. But, I literally like replay them in my head, if that's weird, whenever I feel like I want to escape to another world. Like Unova's been my fav region forever, and in my head I just replay the whole thing over, or just reimagine the journey, or just listen to music or look up pics of the game randomly, just so I feel back into the journey. I am weird yes. C:

But yes I will replay them in actuality at some point but I don't want to restart all the special memories ;_;

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Gen 5 happens to be my favorite gen to play Challenges in. BW2 in particular are fantastic! I've probably played more challenges in gen 5 than any other gen, although FRLG set comes a close second. Something about Unova is just perfect for Challenges. Maybe it's the linear nature of the region, maybe it's the story line that is actually interesting and not totally mind numbing to sit through. Hell, maybe it's the extremely streamlined battle system, that's actually quicker than XY. Point is, I love these games, and probably won't stop playing them for a long time.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'll come around and play it again when I feel like it. I just finished up my White 2 playthrough with a NASCAR-based team, and I want to do it again with a different starter. Also, 5th gen is my 2nd favorite generation, so I'll probably end up playing it over and over.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I haven't played them in well over a year, I think. I've been wanting to replay my White Version for a while but I usually just keep playing XY or I replay the other games. Gen V was probably my least favorite but I still like it in some ways and want to give it more chances, because I've only played the games maybe three times, meanwhile I'm already on my fourth playthrough of XY.

Years
Absolutely not and will not unless a remake is made on the 3ds. A lot of people liked these games but they just felt weird to me I didn't even finish b2. The sprites is the one thing I could not stand they just hurt my eyes, they were so pixelated that pokemon red was looking good. That's just my opinion.

Indifferent

So they say...
Years
I tried playing W2 after I got bored with X & Y but I just couldn't get into it. By the time I got to Castelia City I realized I was completely bored with this game as well. I was never a huge 5th gen fan anyway so I guess that's why.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
Considering I sold my copy, no. I always regret selling my Pokemon games afterwards. You think one day I would learn not to :/

Back