Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #251    
Old July 12th, 2014 (2:37 AM).
Lexxilion's Avatar
Lexxilion Lexxilion is offline
     
    Join Date: Jul 2014
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Careful
    Posts: 63
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dark Sneasel View Post
    Hope to not bother you, but I just found a little bug in MEH that isn't that serious. It's with the Nidorans in the wild Pokemon area. If you use the arrow keys to scroll down, and go from Nidoran (f) to Nidorina then Nidoqueen and press down again, it'll take you to Nidoran (f) instead of (m). If this has been reported before then sorry.
    Also you can't choose Nidoran (m) in the wild pokemon, it thinks it's Nidoran F, even if you type 32 in the dex number thing, it will take it back to 29.
    This still seems not to be fixed. I downloaded MEH yesterday, and have exactly the same problem.
    Reply With Quote

    Relevant Advertising!

      #252    
    Old July 12th, 2014 (3:17 PM).
    Cloudfury's Avatar
    Cloudfury Cloudfury is offline
       
      Join Date: Jul 2012
      Age: 18
      Gender: Female
      Nature: Quiet
      Posts: 97
      3 layer tiles? I'm literally squeeing on the inside. So much potential for graphics. Can't wait until it's beta/finished.
      I hope there's multiple tile selection so inserting tiles would be less of a pain.

      Having tiles show their hexadecimal would be nice. I use Advance Map 1.9.2 to check them so I can animate them in Animeditor. Or you can implement a tile animator into meh.

      Btw, that disclaimer is hilarious XD
      __________________
      Useful hack tutorials I use
      -Voicegroups for Inserting Music (Firered)
      -Custom Battle Backgrounds(Firered)
      -Custom 256/240 color Titlescreen (Firered)
      -Animated Tiles
      -Overworld insert/size change
      Reply With Quote
        #253    
      Old July 13th, 2014 (8:03 AM).
      BLACKOUT's Avatar
      BLACKOUT BLACKOUT is offline
         
        Join Date: Dec 2011
        Location: Florida, USA
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Bold
        Posts: 122
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Cloudfury View Post
        Having tiles show their hexadecimal would be nice. I use Advance Map 1.9.2 to check them so I can animate them in Animeditor. Or you can implement a tile animator into meh.

        Yet another good point. Animation support could liven up so many hacks. If you have time SQ that would be awesome!
        Reply With Quote
          #254    
        Old July 20th, 2014 (8:24 AM).
        Tyroz's Avatar
        Tyroz Tyroz is offline
        In tenebris est et in nobis.
           
          Join Date: Nov 2013
          Location: Colorado
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Bold
          Posts: 45
          Come Back Shiny! We MISS YOU! ...And the weekly updates that come along with your visits...
          Reply With Quote
            #255    
          Old July 20th, 2014 (8:30 AM).
          Shiny Quagsire's Avatar
          Shiny Quagsire Shiny Quagsire is offline
          I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
             
            Join Date: May 2009
            Location: Hoenn Safari Zone
            Age: 19
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Jolly
            Posts: 700
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Tyroz View Post
            Come Back Shiny! We MISS YOU! ...And the weekly updates that come along with your visits...
            Sorry, got hit with an unexpected class which I had to take all of last week. If anyone's curious about progress, I have a patcher working for Wizard and all that's left is making a configuration pane and a few small things. I think for the color masking instead of doing the usual external palette editing I'll allow the user to use a standard color dialog so that they can change the hue, saturation, brightness and RGB values alongside a small preview of the map.
            __________________



            Reply With Quote
              #256    
            Old July 20th, 2014 (2:43 PM).
            Bliss's Avatar
            Bliss Bliss is offline
            Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
               
              Join Date: Apr 2014
              Location: Lincoln, NE United States
              Age: 26
              Gender: Female
              Nature: Timid
              Posts: 522
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Tyroz View Post
              Come Back Shiny! We MISS YOU! ...And the weekly updates that come along with your visits...
              I'm not usually one for single word comments, so I added this sentence before it..

              LMAO!
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Shiny Quagsire View Post
              Sorry, got hit with an unexpected class which I had to take all of last week. If anyone's curious about progress, I have a patcher working for Wizard and all that's left is making a configuration pane and a few small things. I think for the color masking instead of doing the usual external palette editing I'll allow the user to use a standard color dialog so that they can change the hue, saturation, brightness and RGB values alongside a small preview of the map.
              I completely understand! I've been learning HTML and CSS over the last week or so, and it's a headache, to say the least.

              Anyway, it's wonderful to see an update come in even though you got swamped! Thanks for all the great work and effort! MEH will overtake AMap permanently as the #1 Map Editor for Pokemon! Or maybe it already has, it IS open source, after all.
              __________________

              Want to ask me a question? Click here!
              Reply With Quote
                #257    
              Old July 21st, 2014 (8:08 AM).
              Varlin Varlin is offline
                 
                Join Date: Aug 2010
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 1
                This all looks amazing. Rom hacking has sure come a long way from the old "tools are for losers, everything has to asm hacking" mentality.

                EDIT: This was only my first post? I could have sworn I'd posted before this...
                Reply With Quote
                  #258    
                Old July 21st, 2014 (8:38 AM).
                machomuu's Avatar
                machomuu machomuu is offline
                • Crystal Tier
                • Crystal Tier
                 
                Join Date: Apr 2008
                Location: Americalanavania
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Relaxed
                Posts: 10,235
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Varlin View Post
                This all looks amazing. Rom hacking has sure come a long way from the old "tools are for losers, everything has to asm hacking" mentality.

                EDIT: This was only my first post? I could have sworn I'd posted before this...
                Back when Pokemon Rom Hacking was at its height and the Scrapbox was a thing, ASM hacking was basically a hidden beast that few dared to touch (even some of the most prolific/famous hackers).

                Since then, ASM hacking is a lot more public, in that the semi-common hacker uses it. There's way more ASM now than there was back then, you're just more likely to get more help with it now.
                __________________
                Paired to and madly in love with a literal Symphony of legs.
                Collab de
                Los Video JUEGOS

                I also watch anime sometimes. Just a little.
                Reply With Quote
                  #259    
                Old July 21st, 2014 (9:43 AM).
                Tyroz's Avatar
                Tyroz Tyroz is offline
                In tenebris est et in nobis.
                   
                  Join Date: Nov 2013
                  Location: Colorado
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Bold
                  Posts: 45
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Shiny Quagsire View Post
                  Sorry, got hit with an unexpected class which I had to take all of last week. If anyone's curious about progress, I have a patcher working for Wizard and all that's left is making a configuration pane and a few small things. I think for the color masking instead of doing the usual external palette editing I'll allow the user to use a standard color dialog so that they can change the hue, saturation, brightness and RGB values alongside a small preview of the map.
                  It's all good. Just glad to see you moving again.

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Lady Prixy View Post
                  I'm not usually one for single word comments, so I added this sentence before it..

                  LMAO!
                  I missed him... I wanted updates...

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Varlin View Post
                  This all looks amazing.
                  EDIT: This was only my first post? I could have sworn I'd posted before this...
                  It does look Fan-Friggen-Tastic! and hat tends to happen.
                  Reply With Quote
                    #260    
                  Old July 21st, 2014 (11:42 AM).
                  Bliss's Avatar
                  Bliss Bliss is offline
                  Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
                     
                    Join Date: Apr 2014
                    Location: Lincoln, NE United States
                    Age: 26
                    Gender: Female
                    Nature: Timid
                    Posts: 522
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Tyroz View Post
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Lady Prixy View Post
                    I'm not usually one for single word comments, so I added this sentence before it...

                    LMAO!
                    I missed him...^_^ I wanted updates...>_>
                    Not sure why I reacted that way. Must have been tired.

                    Anyway, looking forward to updates, as always! Keep up the great work~!
                    __________________

                    Want to ask me a question? Click here!
                    Reply With Quote
                      #261    
                    Old July 23rd, 2014 (7:03 AM).
                    Shiny Quagsire's Avatar
                    Shiny Quagsire Shiny Quagsire is offline
                    I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
                       
                      Join Date: May 2009
                      Location: Hoenn Safari Zone
                      Age: 19
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Jolly
                      Posts: 700
                      Well, I have another bad stroke of luck, but I'll be gone for the next 3 weeks unexpectedly (literally found out yesterday night) starting today. Since I never got to actually finish out the Wizard configuration editor, I'll be releasing a bit of a pre-release JAR for MEH which includes the patcher for Wizard, but nothing to edit it in terms of configuring. This is so people can kinda play around with it and get a feel for what to expect when I get the chance to finish the configuration pane.

                      The JAR can be found here. This is a pre-release JAR, separate from the buildbot, and I would only recommend using it to patch Wizard and nothing else. To open the patching dialog, press the far right blank (I think it's blank...) button on the toolbar. The source code has been uploaded to another branch on Github for anyone who wants to look.
                      __________________



                      Reply With Quote
                        #262    
                      Old July 23rd, 2014 (3:43 PM).
                      Bliss's Avatar
                      Bliss Bliss is offline
                      Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
                         
                        Join Date: Apr 2014
                        Location: Lincoln, NE United States
                        Age: 26
                        Gender: Female
                        Nature: Timid
                        Posts: 522
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Shiny Quagsire View Post
                        Well, I have another bad stroke of luck, but I'll be gone for the next 3 weeks unexpectedly (literally found out yesterday night) starting today. Since I never got to actually finish out the Wizard configuration editor, I'll be releasing a bit of a pre-release JAR for MEH which includes the patcher for Wizard, but nothing to edit it in terms of configuring. This is so people can kinda play around with it and get a feel for what to expect when I get the chance to finish the configuration pane.

                        The JAR can be found here. This is a pre-release JAR, separate from the buildbot, and I would only recommend using it to patch Wizard and nothing else. To open the patching dialog, press the far right blank (I think it's blank...) button on the toolbar. The source code has been uploaded to another branch on Github for anyone who wants to look.
                        Thank you for taking the time to let us know!

                        It's a shame that you'll be gone, but knowing that you took the time to share this information with us before leaving means a lot to us!

                        Also, thank you for providing the JAR and instructions on how to apply it! :3

                        See you when you get back, Shiny!
                        __________________

                        Want to ask me a question? Click here!
                        Reply With Quote
                          #263    
                        Old July 27th, 2014 (7:13 AM).
                        roytam1 roytam1 is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Jun 2014
                          Gender: Male
                          Posts: 19
                          I can't run preview jar:
                          Code:
                          H:\MEH>java -jar MEH.jar
                          Resource path:null
                          Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
                                  at javax.swing.ImageIcon.<init>(Unknown Source)
                                  at us.plxhack.MEH.UI.MainGUI.CreateButtons(MainGUI.java:553)
                                  at us.plxhack.MEH.UI.MainGUI.<init>(MainGUI.java:1770)
                                  at us.plxhack.MEH.Main.main(Main.java:25)
                          and I can't fully open Liquid Crystal 3.3.00451 ROM with 6 June jar
                          Reply With Quote
                            #264    
                          Old August 6th, 2014 (12:58 PM).
                          kevinin kevinin is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Aug 2014
                            Gender: Male
                            Posts: 4
                            is there a way to actually edit the events on MEH, or do I need another program for that?
                            Im on a mac if that helps
                            Also is there a good script editor for mac that I can use. I've looked everywhere.
                            Reply With Quote
                              #265    
                            Old August 6th, 2014 (2:22 PM).
                            Bliss's Avatar
                            Bliss Bliss is offline
                            Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
                               
                              Join Date: Apr 2014
                              Location: Lincoln, NE United States
                              Age: 26
                              Gender: Female
                              Nature: Timid
                              Posts: 522
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by kevinin View Post
                              is there a way to actually edit the events on MEH, or do I need another program for that?
                              Im on a mac if that helps
                              Also is there a good script editor for mac that I can use. I've looked everywhere.
                              I don't think we can edit events yet with the current version. If someone else has succeeded, please feel free to correct me.

                              And I don't use Mac, so I can't help you with finding a script editor. Sorry :/

                              EDIT: Did a quick search and I found this post. It led me to this page. I hope this helps!
                              __________________

                              Want to ask me a question? Click here!
                              Reply With Quote
                                #266    
                              Old August 6th, 2014 (5:32 PM).
                              DJTiki's Avatar
                              DJTiki DJTiki is offline
                              Under the Crescent Moon
                              • Crystal Tier
                               
                              Join Date: Mar 2014
                              Location: Estino Academy
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Jolly
                              Posts: 1,236
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Lady Prixy View Post
                              I don't think we can edit events yet with the current version. If someone else has succeeded, please feel free to correct me.

                              And I don't use Mac, so I can't help you with finding a script editor. Sorry :/

                              EDIT: Did a quick search and I found this post. It led me to this page. I hope this helps!
                              Actually SEA(Script Editor Advance) is open source, so I believe it should work on Mac.
                              Reply With Quote
                                #267    
                              Old August 7th, 2014 (12:21 AM).
                              Bliss's Avatar
                              Bliss Bliss is offline
                              Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
                                 
                                Join Date: Apr 2014
                                Location: Lincoln, NE United States
                                Age: 26
                                Gender: Female
                                Nature: Timid
                                Posts: 522
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by kevinin View Post
                                is there a way to actually edit the events on MEH, or do I need another program for that?
                                Im on a mac if that helps
                                Also is there a good script editor for mac that I can use. I've looked everywhere.
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Lady Prixy View Post
                                I don't think we can edit events yet with the current version. If someone else has succeeded, please feel free to correct me.

                                And I don't use Mac, so I can't help you with finding a script editor. Sorry :/

                                EDIT: Did a quick search and I found this post. It led me to this page. I hope this helps!
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by DJTiKi View Post
                                Actually SEA(Script Editor Advance) is open source, so I believe it should work on Mac.
                                Just did a search and found it it's also by Shiny Quagsire. That really made me happy~

                                Anyway, kevinin, we can't post links to other forums so just search Google and you can find it pretty easily.

                                Looks like it's still in Alpha, but why does it have to be on another forum?! Don't want to sign up for just one thread lol.

                                Shiny, you sure know how to keep yourself busy! Looking forward to updates to both of these wonderful programs! I might have to kick XSE to the curb soon~ Hmm. Looks like that thread hasn't been updated since late 2013 though.. Ah well, still might be better than XSE for me lol.
                                __________________

                                Want to ask me a question? Click here!
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #268    
                                Old August 7th, 2014 (4:42 AM).
                                Mustachemon's Avatar
                                Mustachemon Mustachemon is offline
                                   
                                  Join Date: Aug 2014
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Posts: 6
                                  Please make it easier to insert tiles, those are a pain.
                                  I also hate AdvanceMap, so I'm rooting for this tool.
                                  Reply With Quote
                                    #269    
                                  Old August 13th, 2014 (11:16 AM).
                                  Shiny Quagsire's Avatar
                                  Shiny Quagsire Shiny Quagsire is offline
                                  I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
                                     
                                    Join Date: May 2009
                                    Location: Hoenn Safari Zone
                                    Age: 19
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Jolly
                                    Posts: 700
                                    So I was supposed to be back today. But, as you can probably tell by my user text, I'm going to be out for another week. Which sucks.

                                    But, with the small few hours (like, literally 1-3 hours a day) I have free I think I'm going to take a stab at getting some sort of UI for Wizard out, because it's still bothering me that I didn't finish that 100% before leaving unexpectedly (and I don't even know if the ZIP I sent out even works 100% either). So I got Eclipse set up on my tiny ages old computer I brought up so I'll see if I can get something working or not. Luckily since I pushed my entire partially unfinished codebase onto Github I'll be able to start right where I was before. The lack of IDA Pro might make things difficult, and the slowness of the computer might hinder me slightly, but I'm actually really hoping to get something working by the time I get back, because as much as it sucks, school literally starts just days after I get back.
                                    __________________



                                    Reply With Quote
                                      #270    
                                    Old August 14th, 2014 (12:37 PM).
                                    N7's Avatar
                                    N7 N7 is offline
                                       
                                      Join Date: Aug 2014
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Posts: 8
                                      This is awesome! I love the selection tool compared to AM's, since that one is limited to how big you can go. Often times I've needed to move entire cities down, and this is just the editor to do it.
                                      Reply With Quote
                                        #271    
                                      Old August 16th, 2014 (7:38 AM).
                                      Жека Жека is offline
                                         
                                        Join Date: Oct 2012
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Posts: 30
                                        Do you ever intend to take your programming skills up a notch and move to the fourth gen games where things get a little more interesting?
                                        Reply With Quote
                                          #272    
                                        Old August 16th, 2014 (11:05 PM).
                                        Evil Goku's Avatar
                                        Evil Goku Evil Goku is offline
                                           
                                          Join Date: Apr 2014
                                          Location: Earth
                                          Gender: Female
                                          Nature: Naughty
                                          Posts: 15
                                          Great Work Bro
                                          program in Java Great
                                          Thanks for Source Code
                                          __________________
                                          Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky Anime Episodes???
                                          Reply With Quote
                                            #273    
                                          Old August 20th, 2014 (1:30 PM). Edited August 20th, 2014 by Danno.
                                          Danno's Avatar
                                          Danno Danno is offline
                                          Formerly Meowth
                                             
                                            Join Date: Jan 2007
                                            Location: New England
                                            Age: 26
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Nature: Naive
                                            Posts: 1,217
                                            I have a request for a feature that's sorely wanted in Advancemap that it appears nobody has brought up here yet. Have you ever used RPG Maker XP/RMXP Shiny Quagsire?

                                            Say you wanted to put in a bunch of trees. In A-MAP and presubaly MEH you'd have to do 4 or more tiles per tree. In RPG Maker XP, you could select mutliple tiles at a time from the tileset:


                                            and just paint them on the map like so (intentionally very sloppy):





                                            Or the fill bucket, one of the most handy tools, which can also be used by selecting mutiple tiles btw, but for this example I'll just show 1:



                                            And an example of selecting more than one tile with the fill option:



                                            If you couldn't do the fill option, I still feel being able to select more than one tile at once could be very very useful for mapping, and because it seems this project may be the future of GBA Pokemon hacking, I just thought I'd ask if it's possible to spare the hackers of the future a lot of time mapping with a few simple tools

                                            Cheers
                                            __________________
                                            Reply With Quote
                                              #274    
                                            Old August 20th, 2014 (1:31 PM).
                                            Spherical Ice's Avatar
                                            Spherical Ice Spherical Ice is offline
                                            • Moderator
                                            • Silver Tier
                                             
                                            Join Date: Nov 2007
                                            Location: Bristol, UK
                                            Age: 19
                                            Posts: 5,152
                                            Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by Meowth View Post
                                            I have a request for a feature that's sorely wanted in Advancemap that it appears nobody has brought up here yet. Have you ever used RPG Maker XP/RMXP Shiny Quagsire?

                                            Say you wanted to put in a bunch of trees. In A-MAP and presubaly MEH you'd have to do 4 or more tiles per tree. In RPG Maker XP, you could select mutliple tiles at a time from the tileset:


                                            and just paint them on the map like so (intentionally very sloppy):

                                            You can do that in AMap already, just hold down right click and the Control key and drag. I think MEH has it too but don't quote me on that.
                                            __________________

                                            A Pokemon that is discriminated!
                                            Support squirtle and make it everyone's favourite.
                                            Reply With Quote
                                              #275    
                                            Old August 20th, 2014 (1:39 PM). Edited August 20th, 2014 by Danno.
                                            Danno's Avatar
                                            Danno Danno is offline
                                            Formerly Meowth
                                               
                                              Join Date: Jan 2007
                                              Location: New England
                                              Age: 26
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Nature: Naive
                                              Posts: 1,217
                                              Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by Spherical Ice View Post
                                              You can do that in AMap already, just hold down right click and the Control key and drag. I think MEH has it too but don't quote me on that.
                                              Wow, I can't believe it. Thanks a lot. The fill option would be nice but not as important as that haha.



                                              Though, as I'm seeing now, that feature could really be used for movement permissions too. Say you're remapping a map already in the game, and it's a big map. Being able to just wipe the old movement permissions away would be nice.
                                              __________________
                                              Reply With Quote
                                              Reply
                                              Quick Reply

                                              Sponsored Links
                                              Thread Tools

                                              Posting Rules
                                              You may not post new threads
                                              You may not post replies
                                              You may not post attachments
                                              You may not edit your posts

                                              BB code is On
                                              Smilies are On
                                              [IMG] code is On
                                              HTML code is Off

                                              Forum Jump


                                              All times are GMT -8. The time now is 4:36 AM.