Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #26    
Old July 9th, 2014 (5:30 AM).
kearnseyboy6's Avatar
kearnseyboy6 kearnseyboy6 is offline
Aussie's Toughest Mudder
     
    Join Date: Dec 2008
    Posts: 300
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrtienduc1999 View Post
    Uk... I think we can write a asm code to replace evolution stones into evolution items. I viewed a topic, it show to me how to create a new evolution stones, but i dont understand it. If we create a method: evolution items: items use out of battle: potions, stones, ..etc..., we will not create a new stone. I Think it's simpler.
    Creating new stones can be done here:

    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296729

    If you want the gender check for gallade and froslass... I haven't broken down the stone routine yet so I can't do it! And it seems really difficult to accopmlish! I'll try it soon!
    __________________
    HOLIDAYING CURRENTLY!!
    Reply With Quote

    Relevant Advertising!

      #27    
    Old July 9th, 2014 (9:56 AM).
    stephenbrook stephenbrook is offline
       
      Join Date: Jul 2014
      Posts: 16
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Ollie11 View Post
      You mean held items? You can use any item editor to replace "?????????" items with held item. Follow (icant post urls yet) but not the last part (doing item to do something), we don't need it. Then open G3HS, and set held item evolution method on Pokemon that you want to evolve with it, and also choose your newly created item.
      I was meaning, for example, is there a way I can make it so for onix to evolve it needs to level up holding metal coat?
      Reply With Quote
        #28    
      Old July 9th, 2014 (11:36 AM). Edited July 9th, 2014 by Ollie11.
      Ollie11 Ollie11 is offline
         
        Join Date: May 2014
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 34
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by stephenbrook View Post
        I was meaning, for example, is there a way I can make it so for onix to evolve it needs to level up holding metal coat?
        Then, in G3HS simply set evolution by level-up holding an item for Onix.

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by kearnseyboy6 View Post
        If you want the gender check for gallade and froslass... I haven't broken down the stone routine yet so I can't do it! And it seems really difficult to accopmlish! I'll try it soon!
        You might make evolution method such as Burmy's (females to Wormadam, males to Mothim), because you already made routines with level check, so it might be simplier for you.
        Reply With Quote
          #29    
        Old July 9th, 2014 (9:56 PM).
        mrtienduc1999's Avatar
        mrtienduc1999 mrtienduc1999 is offline
           
          Join Date: Jan 2013
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 24
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by kearnseyboy6 View Post
          Nearly, if the PID has a value less than the gender value in the pokemon stats table, then it's female or male I think. So doing a compare is quite achievable and I'll have it written up in a day or so.
          Thanks you so much. it help me very much
          __________________
          This signature has been disabled.
          Linking to a website with ROMs.
          Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

          You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

          Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
          Reply With Quote
            #30    
          Old July 12th, 2014 (12:06 PM).
          stephenbrook stephenbrook is offline
             
            Join Date: Jul 2014
            Posts: 16
            I'm completely lost by this. Starting from scratch how do I make it so that if Onix is holding the metal coat and levels up he evolves to steelix?

            I can just about get my head around hex but this ASM lark? I'm lost, I know its doable as I have seen it on heartgold hacks
            Reply With Quote
              #31    
            Old July 12th, 2014 (1:05 PM). Edited July 12th, 2014 by Ollie11.
            Ollie11 Ollie11 is offline
               
              Join Date: May 2014
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 34
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by stephenbrook View Post
              I'm completely lost by this. Starting from scratch how do I make it so that if Onix is holding the metal coat and levels up he evolves to steelix?

              I can just about get my head around hex but this ASM lark? I'm lost, I know its doable as I have seen it on heartgold hacks
              Okay, so now I will explain all. First, compile 4th (for night evolution) or 5th (for day evolution) ASM routine in kearnseyboy6's list in first post. Then, to make these routines work, you must follow tutorial (finding evolution routine, repointing it changing limiters and setting new evolution method in G3HS's ini). Because they need day and night system, implement it to rom (the best for begginers is primedialga's DNS). And then, in G3HS, set evolution to Onix. And only after all of this evolution will work.
              Besides, this tutorial is really simple. Idk why you getting it so hard.
              P.S. If you don't know how to compile and insert ASM routine, find tutorial somewhere. I'm not going to teach you this.
              Reply With Quote
                #32    
              Old July 12th, 2014 (1:39 PM).
              mrtienduc1999's Avatar
              mrtienduc1999 mrtienduc1999 is offline
                 
                Join Date: Jan 2013
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 24
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by kearnseyboy6 View Post
                Creating new stones can be done here:

                http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296729

                If you want the gender check for gallade and froslass... I haven't broken down the stone routine yet so I can't do it! And it seems really difficult to accopmlish! I'll try it soon!
                Thank so much again! now, i can create new stones, if i want!
                __________________
                This signature has been disabled.
                Linking to a website with ROMs.
                Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

                You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

                Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
                Reply With Quote
                  #33    
                Old July 13th, 2014 (1:03 AM). Edited July 13th, 2014 by stephenbrook.
                stephenbrook stephenbrook is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Jul 2014
                  Posts: 16
                  So frustrating, I have tried it but now I can't open my ROM in . I guess I'll have to hope for a program that can do this as I clearly have no chance
                  Reply With Quote
                    #34    
                  Old July 13th, 2014 (1:26 AM).
                  Ollie11 Ollie11 is offline
                     
                    Join Date: May 2014
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 34
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by stephenbrook View Post
                    So frustrating, I have tried it but now I can't open my ROM in . I guess I'll have to hope for a program that can do this as I clearly have no chance
                    Okay, I hope you made backup or copy of your rom. Send me PM with your ips patch for rom (if you don't know what is that, simply PM me). And also send me your G3HS ini, so I can include all new evolution methods. Then, I will send you ips patch with all evolution methods. Simple.
                    Reply With Quote
                      #35    
                    Old July 13th, 2014 (3:39 AM).
                    anonyboy's Avatar
                    anonyboy anonyboy is offline
                    Pokemon Aerial Emerald Creator&Pokemon Hybrid Co-Creator
                       
                      Join Date: Sep 2013
                      Location: Israel
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Adamant
                      Posts: 277
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Ollie11 View Post
                      Okay, I hope you made backup or copy of your rom. Send me PM with your ips patch for rom (if you don't know what is that, simply PM me). And also send me your G3HS ini, so I can include all new evolution methods. Then, I will send you ips patch with all evolution methods. Simple.
                      May You please publish the ips with all the evo methods here? just thought it'll ease up for many people
                      Reply With Quote
                        #36    
                      Old July 13th, 2014 (6:22 AM). Edited July 13th, 2014 by Ollie11.
                      Ollie11 Ollie11 is offline
                         
                        Join Date: May 2014
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 34
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by anonyboy View Post
                        May You please publish the ips with all the evo methods here? just thought it'll ease up for many people
                        Okay, I'll publish it here.

                        EDIT: There is archive in attachments with patch and G3HS ini (made it from fresh, because stephenbrook's rom was broken)
                        Attached Files
                        File Type: rar Pokemon FireRed New Evos.rar‎ (3.9 KB, 100 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                        Reply With Quote
                          #37    
                        Old July 13th, 2014 (10:44 AM).
                        Ollie11 Ollie11 is offline
                           
                          Join Date: May 2014
                          Gender: Male
                          Posts: 34
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by PurpleOrange View Post
                          errr is this supposed to have two mains?
                          Simply remove second main and it will work.
                          Reply With Quote
                            #38    
                          Old July 14th, 2014 (1:16 AM).
                          kearnseyboy6's Avatar
                          kearnseyboy6 kearnseyboy6 is offline
                          Aussie's Toughest Mudder
                             
                            Join Date: Dec 2008
                            Posts: 300
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Ollie11 View Post
                            Simply remove second main and it will work.
                            Thanks! I will remove that main... Silly me
                            __________________
                            HOLIDAYING CURRENTLY!!
                            Reply With Quote
                              #39    
                            Old July 14th, 2014 (2:30 AM).
                            jirachiwishmaker's Avatar
                            jirachiwishmaker jirachiwishmaker is offline
                               
                              Join Date: Jul 2007
                              Location: Forina
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Lonely
                              Posts: 75
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by kearnseyboy6 View Post
                              Thanks! I will remove that main... Silly me
                              I have tried the Day time Item Hold Induced Evolution routine, it won't works anymore. The "main" no need to remove, it must be change to "loop". Like the following:

                              Spoiler:
                              .text
                              .align 2
                              .thumb
                              .thumb_func
                              .global dayevoitemhold

                              main:
                              push {r0-r7}
                              ldr r5, time
                              ldrb r5, [r5, #0x0]
                              cmp r5, #0x15
                              bge exit
                              cmp r5, #0x6
                              blt exit
                              loop:
                              add r0, r6, r7
                              lsl r0, r0, #0x3
                              add r0, r2, r0
                              add r3, r0, r3
                              ldrh r2, [r3, #0x2]
                              mov r0, r8
                              mov r1, #0xC
                              bl decrypt
                              mov r11, r0
                              pop {r0-r7}
                              mov r1, r11
                              cmp r1, r2
                              bne exit
                              mov r1, #0xC
                              mov r0, r8
                              bl encrypt
                              pop {r0-r7}
                              mov r9, r3
                              pop {r0-r7}
                              mov r1, r9
                              ldr r0, levelcheckloc
                              bx r0
                              decrypt:
                              push {r0-r7}
                              ldr r2, decryptpoke
                              bx r2
                              encrypt:
                              push {r0-r7}
                              ldr r2, blank
                              ldr r5, encryptpoke
                              bx r5
                              exit:
                              pop {r0-r7}
                              ldr r0, noevo
                              bx r0

                              .align
                              levelcheckloc: .word 0x0804310D
                              noevo: .word 0x08043111
                              time: .word 0x03005542
                              blank: .word 0x020242A2
                              decryptpoke: .word 0x0803FBE9
                              encryptpoke: .word 0x0804037D
                              Reply With Quote
                                #40    
                              Old July 14th, 2014 (3:15 AM).
                              kearnseyboy6's Avatar
                              kearnseyboy6 kearnseyboy6 is offline
                              Aussie's Toughest Mudder
                                 
                                Join Date: Dec 2008
                                Posts: 300
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by jirachiwishmaker View Post
                                I have tried the Day time Item Hold Induced Evolution routine, it won't works anymore. The "main" no need to remove, it must be change to "loop".
                                There should be no need to change that, I left the main in by accident. because the code doesn't even reference 'main' anywhere means that it isn't necessary. IIRC the 'main' at the start is just convention and good habitat; if you were to loop back there then it's necessary.

                                Your error might be the evolution expander in G3HS, as Doesn't slightly altered the game's routine I use, so just follow the instructions in the OP
                                __________________
                                HOLIDAYING CURRENTLY!!
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #41    
                                Old July 14th, 2014 (3:28 AM).
                                KDS's Avatar
                                KDS KDS is offline
                                   
                                  Join Date: Jul 2013
                                  Age: 22
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Posts: 438
                                  I am trying to attempt to create a routine for Evolution During Day From Certain Level (i.e. Tyrunt) by looking at routines for other evolution methods.
                                  The pokemon by this method is evolved in day due to level up and does not evolve in night, but is unable to check the required level in the argument. (i.e. evolves at any level during day on levelling up). Can somebody tell me what I am missing>

                                  Code:
                                  .text
                                  .align 2
                                  .thumb
                                  .thumb_func
                                  .global daylevelup
                                  
                                  main:
                                  push {r0-r7}
                                  add r0, r6, r7
                                  lsl r0, r0, #0x3
                                  add r0, r2, r0
                                  add r3, r0, r3
                                  ldrb r2, [r3, #0x2]
                                  mov r0, r8
                                  ldr r6, time
                                  ldrb r6, [r6, #0x0]
                                  cmp r6, #0x15
                                  bge exit
                                  cmp r6, #0x6
                                  blt exit
                                  mov r10, r3
                                  pop {r0-r7}
                                  mov r1, r10
                                  ldr r0, levelcheckloc
                                  bx r0
                                  exit:
                                  pop {r0-r7}
                                  ldr r0, noevo
                                  bx r0
                                  
                                  .align
                                  levelcheckloc: .word 0x0804310D
                                  noevo: .word 0x08043111
                                  time: .word 0x03005542
                                  Reply With Quote
                                    #42    
                                  Old July 14th, 2014 (5:49 AM).
                                  kearnseyboy6's Avatar
                                  kearnseyboy6 kearnseyboy6 is offline
                                  Aussie's Toughest Mudder
                                     
                                    Join Date: Dec 2008
                                    Posts: 300
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by KDS View Post
                                    I am trying to attempt to create a routine for Evolution During Day From Certain Level (i.e. Tyrunt) by looking at routines for other evolution methods.
                                    The pokemon by this method is evolved in day due to level up and does not evolve in night, but is unable to check the required level in the argument. (i.e. evolves at any level during day on levelling up). Can somebody tell me what I am missing>

                                    Code:
                                    .text
                                    .align 2
                                    .thumb
                                    .thumb_func
                                    .global daylevelup
                                    
                                    main:
                                    push {r0-r7}
                                    add r0, r6, r7
                                    lsl r0, r0, #0x3
                                    add r0, r2, r0
                                    add r3, r0, r3
                                    ldrb r2, [r3, #0x2]
                                    mov r0, r8
                                    ldr r6, time
                                    ldrb r6, [r6, #0x0]
                                    cmp r6, #0x15
                                    bge exit
                                    cmp r6, #0x6
                                    blt exit
                                    mov r10, r3
                                    pop {r0-r7}
                                    mov r1, r10
                                    ldr r0, levelcheckloc
                                    bx r0
                                    exit:
                                    pop {r0-r7}
                                    ldr r0, noevo
                                    bx r0
                                    
                                    .align
                                    levelcheckloc: .word 0x0804310D
                                    noevo: .word 0x08043111
                                    time: .word 0x03005542
                                    0x0804310D: That location will jump straight to the evolution, ie: no check. If you want to go to the level check routine you need 0x08043017.

                                    Now, you can either change that or do your own level check. You loaded the level into r2 with this code:

                                    ldrb r2, [r3, #0x2]

                                    You can decrypt your level with the decrypt function and compare, or just use the level check already in the game stated above.

                                    PS. Can I use and credit your routine in the OP? It works on my rom
                                    __________________
                                    HOLIDAYING CURRENTLY!!
                                    Reply With Quote
                                      #43    
                                    Old July 14th, 2014 (7:12 AM).
                                    KDS's Avatar
                                    KDS KDS is offline
                                       
                                      Join Date: Jul 2013
                                      Age: 22
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Posts: 438
                                      Sure, use it. And thank you for telling the right offset
                                      Reply With Quote
                                        #44    
                                      Old July 27th, 2014 (7:30 AM).
                                      KDS's Avatar
                                      KDS KDS is offline
                                         
                                        Join Date: Jul 2013
                                        Age: 22
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Posts: 438
                                        ^- Just remove these lines in the night time item hold evolution then you are set:

                                        Code:
                                        ldr r5, time
                                        ldrb r5, [r5, #0x0]
                                        cmp r5, #0x15
                                        bge test
                                        cmp r5, #0x6
                                        blt test
                                        b exit
                                        test:
                                        Reply With Quote
                                          #45    
                                        Old July 27th, 2014 (8:12 AM).
                                        KDS's Avatar
                                        KDS KDS is offline
                                           
                                          Join Date: Jul 2013
                                          Age: 22
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Posts: 438
                                          Yes, but not necessary. Remove it because now it has no use.
                                          Reply With Quote
                                            #46    
                                          Old July 27th, 2014 (8:26 PM).
                                          GoGoJJTech's Avatar
                                          GoGoJJTech GoGoJJTech is offline
                                          (☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
                                          • Gold Tier
                                           
                                          Join Date: Nov 2012
                                          Location: Earth
                                          Age: 18
                                          Gender: Female
                                          Nature: Jolly
                                          Posts: 2,477
                                          I really hope you understand that there are lines you need to change based on how many evolutions per pokemon you have. Without those changes, people will have errors.
                                          __________________
                                          I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this into your signature.
                                          The HGSS Music Patch - The BW/2 Music Patch - ASM: Switch Music Based on Seasons
                                          Romhack.me Profile - Pokecommunity Profile - Youtube Channel

                                          Support me at my site!
                                          Pokémon Platinum Red and Blue
                                          Reply With Quote
                                            #47    
                                          Old July 27th, 2014 (11:49 PM).
                                          kearnseyboy6's Avatar
                                          kearnseyboy6 kearnseyboy6 is offline
                                          Aussie's Toughest Mudder
                                             
                                            Join Date: Dec 2008
                                            Posts: 300
                                            Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by GoGoJJTech View Post
                                            I really hope you understand that there are lines you need to change based on how many evolutions per pokemon you have. Without those changes, people will have errors.
                                            It's covered already in the tutorial
                                            __________________
                                            HOLIDAYING CURRENTLY!!
                                            Reply With Quote
                                              #48    
                                            Old July 27th, 2014 (11:52 PM). Edited July 28th, 2014 by jirachiwishmaker.
                                            jirachiwishmaker's Avatar
                                            jirachiwishmaker jirachiwishmaker is offline
                                               
                                              Join Date: Jul 2007
                                              Location: Forina
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Nature: Lonely
                                              Posts: 75
                                              Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by KDS View Post
                                              Yes, but not necessary. Remove it because now it has no use.
                                              Do you know the RAM Map or RAM Map Name of Emerald?
                                              Reply With Quote
                                                #49    
                                              Old July 28th, 2014 (7:56 AM).
                                              KDS's Avatar
                                              KDS KDS is offline
                                                 
                                                Join Date: Jul 2013
                                                Age: 22
                                                Gender: Male
                                                Posts: 438
                                                ^ -Well no, because I have not hacked emerald yet. So I don't have much info about emerald offsets.
                                                Reply With Quote
                                                  #50    
                                                Old July 28th, 2014 (8:13 AM).
                                                GoGoJJTech's Avatar
                                                GoGoJJTech GoGoJJTech is offline
                                                (☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
                                                • Gold Tier
                                                 
                                                Join Date: Nov 2012
                                                Location: Earth
                                                Age: 18
                                                Gender: Female
                                                Nature: Jolly
                                                Posts: 2,477
                                                Quote:
                                                Originally Posted by kearnseyboy6 View Post
                                                It's covered already in the tutorial
                                                o rlly
                                                >.<
                                                Derp moment there, continue on :D
                                                __________________
                                                I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this into your signature.
                                                The HGSS Music Patch - The BW/2 Music Patch - ASM: Switch Music Based on Seasons
                                                Romhack.me Profile - Pokecommunity Profile - Youtube Channel

                                                Support me at my site!
                                                Pokémon Platinum Red and Blue
                                                Reply With Quote
                                                Reply
                                                Quick Reply

                                                Sponsored Links
                                                Thread Tools

                                                Posting Rules
                                                You may not post new threads
                                                You may not post replies
                                                You may not post attachments
                                                You may not edit your posts

                                                BB code is On
                                                Smilies are On
                                                [IMG] code is On
                                                HTML code is Off

                                                Forum Jump


                                                All times are GMT -8. The time now is 4:11 AM.