• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kalos Warriors: Generation 6 fan club

Years
I'm still new here. What is the idea of this thread?

Well, the thread is a Pokémon Club, one for people that are major fans of the sixth generation with XY. So we can discuss various aspects of the games themselves, whatever the leader of the club wants to give us to go with.

There are some i'd like to consider for discussion myself.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Question for you guys. Did anyone here get into competitive battling because of XY?

Depends on what you mean by "competitive battling". I've been a fan and player of the Pokemon games since 1998.

I found sprites of the latest 5 Mega evolutions (Slowbro, Altaria, Salamence, Lopunny and Audino). I added them to the sprite sheet. Wanting a better, more accurate sprite of Mega Salamence when it becomes available though.

Years
I would very much like to join!
Preferred Username: Charizard
Partner:
greninja.png

Well, I don't know the topic, so can I start a new topic?
Question:
What starter do you picked and why?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 25, 2015
Depends on what you mean by "competitive battling". I've been a fan and player of the Pokemon games since 1998.

I found sprites of the latest 5 Mega evolutions (Slowbro, Altaria, Salamence, Lopunny and Audino). I added them to the sprite sheet. Wanting a better, more accurate sprite of Mega Salamence when it becomes available though.

By Competitive battling I mean, IV breeding EV training and gettting pokemon with HA.
I've been playing since gen 1 but XY made the competitive world easy to get into.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
I would very much like to join!
Preferred Username: Charizard
Partner:
greninja.png

Welcome to the club. I am a Greninja fan too. Love using its Protean ability to switch its type back and forth.

By Competitive battling I mean, IV breeding EV training and gettting pokemon with HA.
I've been playing since gen 1 but XY made the competitive world easy to get into.

Oh ok. I'm not familiar with a lot of that to be honest.

Years
  • Ky
  • Seen Jul 7, 2015
My first club!

Let's see...
Preferred Username: PV
Partner: Chestnaught

I'll answer some of the topics:
I choose X because that 2DS bundle was the cheapest on Amazon. lol
I picked Chespin because at the time there was so much hate I kinda felt bad for it.
Once I evolved it to Chestnaught it became my favorite Pokemon of all time. I've played past generations but I wanted to start anew and Gen 6 is so far amazing!!!
I love the unreleased legendary pokes but I'm kinda getting impatient. I want them now!

I have a question for you all. Which poke mystery in Kalos (of course) do you want to see resolved first? For example the haunted elevator, power plant, palace, Couriway station...just to name a few.

Last edited:

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
My first club!

Let's see...
Preferred Username: PV
Partner: Chestnaught

I'll answer some of the topics:
I choose X because that 2DS bundle was the cheapest on Amazon. lol
I picked Chespin because at the time there was so much hate I kinda felt bad for it.
Once I evolved it to Chestnaught it became my favorite Pokemon of all time. I've played past generations but I wanted to start anew and Gen 6 is so far amazing!!!
I love the unreleased legendary pokes but I'm kinda getting impatient. I want them now!

I have a question for you all. Which poke mystery in Kalos (of course) do you want to see resolved first? For example the haunted elevator, power plant, palace, Couriway station...just to name a few.

Welcome to the club. I'm sorry you hated Chespin so bad. He's really cute and an able fighter before he even evolves. I love Chesnaught too, probably the most powerful non-legendary Grass-type I've seen. Spiky Shield is a good offensive/defensive move, but you have to time it just right.

I am waiting for the release of the unreleased legendaries too. I want Volcanion the most, a Fire/Water type with seemingly little weaknesses and a lot of resistances. A true powerhouse.

Years
  • Ky
  • Seen Jul 7, 2015
Welcome to the club. I'm sorry you hated Chespin so bad. He's really cute and an able fighter before he even evolves. I love Chesnaught too, probably the most powerful non-legendary Grass-type I've seen. Spiky Shield is a good offensive/defensive move, but you have to time it just right.

I am waiting for the release of the unreleased legendaries too. I want Volcanion the most, a Fire/Water type with seemingly little weaknesses and a lot of resistances. A true powerhouse.

Wait, no. lol. I like Chespin. I choose Chespin because no one seemed to like it so I gave it a chance and in the end I was happy :) Spiky Shield saved me so many times.

Imagine Volvanion gets a Mega just like Diancie did??? EPIC! I really hope all three get Megas.

Years
Username: Hikamaru
Partner Pokemon: Froakie

When the release of Generation 6 came out, did you choose Pokémon X or Pokémon Y? Why did you pick your choice?
I got both games myself, but X is the one I play more often. The reason why I chose that was because I preferred its version exclusives over Y's, plus Xerneas has a much cooler design than Yveltal, who reminds me too much of Lugia. And Xerneas is the first Fairy-type Legendary which was something fun and different.

And on the topic of Mega Diancie, I think she's one of the most beautiful-looking Megas ever. No-one even expected she'd get a Mega (especially when you remember the statement that no 6th Gen Pokemon were to get a Mega in X/Y) but then we get a Mega, revealed alongside the Hoenn starter Megas nonetheless. I also love how Mega Diancie goes from a slow, defensive tank to a fast attacker.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Username: Hikamaru
Partner Pokemon: Froakie

When the release of Generation 6 came out, did you choose Pokémon X or Pokémon Y? Why did you pick your choice?
I got both games myself, but X is the one I play more often. The reason why I chose that was because I preferred its version exclusives over Y's, plus Xerneas has a much cooler design than Yveltal, who reminds me too much of Lugia. And Xerneas is the first Fairy-type Legendary which was something fun and different.

And on the topic of Mega Diancie, I think she's one of the most beautiful-looking Megas ever. No-one even expected she'd get a Mega (especially when you remember the statement that no 6th Gen Pokemon were to get a Mega in X/Y) but then we get a Mega, revealed alongside the Hoenn starter Megas nonetheless. I also love how Mega Diancie goes from a slow, defensive tank to a fast attacker.

Welcome to the club. I like Froakie. I can kind of imitate his voice a bit. Xerneas is awesome too, love the design and the moves. Such a secret powerhouse too, with a Power Herb/Geomancy/Moonblast combination. I was surprised to see Diancie get a Mega form. It's probably the most beautiful one I've ever seen. The Hoenn starters' Mega forms are badass too. Love the one Sceptile has the most.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Preferred Username: Endless.
Partner Pokémon: Chespin.

I wound up going with Pokémon Y, as I really wanted to get my hands on Yveltal; out of the two mascots, this one is my most favorite, since it resembles Lugia quite a bit, which is intriguing, and it also has a pretty interesting color-scheme. I've always wanted to see how Lugia would look if it were black and red instead of white and blue, and now, I'm finally able to!

I know we're able to get a hold of both Yveltal and Xerneas in the game, but wanted to desperate try former first to see what it's like and whatnot. Alongside, Pokémon Y also housed a few version-exclusives that I was interested in.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Preferred Username: Endless.
Partner Pokémon: Chespin.

I wound up going with Pokémon Y, as I really wanted to get my hands on Yveltal; out of the two mascots, this one is my most favorite, since it resembles Lugia quite a bit, which is intriguing, and it also has a pretty interesting color-scheme. I've always wanted to see how Lugia would look if it were black and red instead of white and blue, and now, I'm finally able to!

I know we're able to get a hold of both Yveltal and Xerneas in the game, but wanted to desperate try former first to see what it's like and whatnot. Alongside, Pokémon Y also housed a few version-exclusives that I was interested in.

Welcome to the club. Chespin's a little cutie. I wish Clemont would use him more in the anime. Yveltal is the dark brother of Lugia. Love the design and the overall power he possesses.

Years
Preferred username: Sheep
Partner Pokémon:
chespin.png

Who is your favorite X/Y Pokemon and why?
I actually have a lot! But Chespin grew on me so much when he debuted in the anime. It's really cute and has a lovely shiny form that I really am trying my hardest to obtain. Unfortunately I'm not at all a fan of its evolutions though.. poor thing will have to stay unevolved. :(

Also love the Espurr line. People can call it creepy all they want but I find them really sleek and fun to use. Still gotta breed some of those.

Can't believe I didn't join this yet. OOOPS. ;~~;

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Preferred username: Sheep
Partner Pokémon:
chespin.png

I actually have a lot! But Chespin grew on me so much when he debuted in the anime. It's really cute and has a lovely shiny form that I really am trying my hardest to obtain. Unfortunately I'm not at all a fan of its evolutions though.. poor thing will have to stay unevolved. :(

Also love the Espurr line. People can call it creepy all they want but I find them really sleek and fun to use. Still gotta breed some of those.

Can't believe I didn't join this yet. OOOPS. ;~~;

Welcome to the club. Another Chespin fan. I have only used his final form, Chesnaught, in battle. Tough as nails. Haven't used Espurr much, but I love its evolved form Meowstic and their color schemes.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I've had Chesnaught on one of my competitive teams for a while, and still do; it's very helpful, and in general, makes a great tank! With could withstand a ton of hits, and hit back even harder without having to worry about much things at all. Thanks to it, I've won some good amount of battles.

I know it's bound to get a mega-evolution form in future, and I'm very interested to see what it's like. It'd be great if it gets boost in Attack and Defense, and maybe also Special Defense. This way, it would make an even greater staller, and would possibly be able to compete head-to-head with the likes of Blissey, hopefully.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Preferred username: Cadance
Partner Pokémon: Florges!~
Answer the current topic: I don't even know what the current topic is right now, so I'm gonna answer a random one if that's alright?

Gen 6 has brought me soo many favorites. The Starters are amazing, especially Fennekin and Froakie. The evolved starters are awesome, especially Greninja. However, the Pokemon that appealed to me the most is the Flabebe line, which does include my most favorite, Florges! Florges is my powerhouse Pokemon in my gen 6 team, and I am so glad I have her in it. <3

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Preferred username: Cadance
Partner Pokémon: Florges!~
Answer the current topic: I don't even know what the current topic is right now, so I'm gonna answer a random one if that's alright?

Gen 6 has brought me soo many favorites. The Starters are amazing, especially Fennekin and Froakie. The evolved starters are awesome, especially Greninja. However, the Pokemon that appealed to me the most is the Flabebe line, which does include my most favorite, Florges! Florges is my powerhouse Pokemon in my gen 6 team, and I am so glad I have her in it. <3

Welcome to the club. Love how beautiful and elegant Florges is. She is strong in her own right too, if you give her a balance of Grass. Fairy and other moves. I have her on my Fairy-type team and she can get the job done.

By the way, folks, I have put new sprites in place of some of the ones I had previously (Mega Altaria, Mega Diancie, Mega Sableye and Mega Salamence). I have also added the sprites of the new Mega forms for Sharpedo, Camerupt and Gallade.

Years
  • Age 29
  • home
  • Seen Aug 16, 2023
um, hi! i'd like to join.

USERNAME: Nagi
PARTNER: Meowstic (♀)

FAVOURITE X/Y POKÉMON?
it's really hard for me to just pick one Pokémon! i love the Espurr line and the Flabébé line, but Carbink is cute too. and Greninja is BADASS AWESOME

Back