• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
In some ways, there are parallels between being 'otherkin' and being trans - which is probably where the ~it might harm the transmovement~ ideas coming up.

What strikes me, from looking at apparently authentic ~kin blogs is that they have decided they used to be a bear/wolf/dragon simply because they like them. One blog I read mentioned their labeling as kin as being influenced by an anime show. So if that's the case, it's an escapism - but at the same time why are do people feel the need to label themselves? People play pretend, whether in their heads, in person or in video games its the insistence on labeling these things as a fact that gets me confused.

Then there's this outbreak of something called fictionkin. What the heck? I've seen enough of this to know that it's a load of dung. From the ironically reblogged posts that sometimes cross my dash, I know that this is either a very elaborate attempt at trolling, or someone's undiluted stupidity.

I assumed it was one or the other too - same with 'plantkin' and 'spacekin' tbh.

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Sorry to derail from the topic a bit, but I just read this article from a few days ago and I just thought I should share it to see if anyone else has heard about it and see what you think about it. (The only thing that bothers me a lot are the comments on it, some of those people are so ******* dumb and they piss me of a lot)

I saw somebody on Tumblr who thought they were a microwave. I don't want that kind of crazy in LGBT rights circles.
If they want to fight for their rights (whatever ones they don't get), they should start their own 'group'. The basic difference (by which I mean very basic and not really well thought out) between otherkin, fictionkin, etc. (from the little I've read about it) and LGBTQ is belief/'fiction' versus facts (especially with 'fiction'kin). I'm sorry if I'm offending anyone, but come on if you are going to use the term fictionkin you can't blame people for not believing it is real.

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I don't understand the pronouns. You're a rabbit, okay. Pronouns are based on gender, not species. We're not "manself". If you're a girl rabbit you're herself, if you're a boy rabbit you're himself.

I think this falls more into New Age philosophy than LGBT in reality. Like, reincarnation and the spirits of animals are the same as the spirits of humans and fictional creatures exist somewhere out there in another plane or something.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Wow! I haven't posted here for a while!
Sorry to interrupt the current topic, but I have a question ish:

I'm going to my first gay event this Friday and I have absolutely no idea what to expect. It's organized by a university pride club so I don't think it's going to be complete anarchy and the dress code is glitter and colour. I'm super excited to go (my friends going too) but at the same time I'm super scared - what should I prepare for?

I'm not going to dress in glitter (I just want to go in normal going out clothes), and since this is the first place I'll have been to where gay is the default, my expectations stem solely from online research and tv sitcoms. What happens at a gay event?
I'm hoping it's just a normal event, but I've heard people will try to pick up, and males get better bartender service and to NEVER leave your drink

So, to those who have been to a gay bar/event/place where homosexuality is assumed (outside of the internet): what was the experience like?

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
Years
What happens at a gay event?

So, to those who have been to a gay bar/event/place where homosexuality is assumed (outside of the internet): what was the experience like?

See, what we do is we get everyone together, then we take a bus out to the woods. We find the clearing, because, you know, it's the regular thing. And everyone strips naked, and we paint each other with glowing paint, in the symbols for our specific tribe. Then we put on the feathers, and glitter, lots of glitter. And exactly as the clock hits 1AM we dance beneath the full moon, chanting Queen songs and praying to Lady Gaga.

Honestly, it's just like any other bar or club, just gay. And events are just bad coffee and stale cookies most of the time, I mean, unless you actually have funding.

Freddy Fazbear

You want the moon? I'll give you the moon.
Years
Hi, I'd also like to sign up! :) I don't know what I am... Sometimes I think I'm bisexual, other times, I'm not. My friends call me "bicurious", but I don't know what that means, and I honestly don't like labels anyways xD

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
Years
Hi, I'd also like to sign up! :) I don't know what I am... Sometimes I think I'm bisexual, other times, I'm not. My friends call me "bicurious", but I don't know what that means, and I honestly don't like labels anyways xD

Being bicurious, which is what you sound like you are, just means you're interested in seeing if you like the same sex, but your not committed to saying that you are yet.

obZen

Kill Your Heroes
Years
Hi everyone
Can I join? I'm straight, but still a staunch supporter...
I'll c/p my interest in this:
Spoiler:

Also, should Polysexual, Otherkin, and Queer (queer movement) be added to the OP?

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
I'd like to sign up if that's ok!! ;) I am a bisexual male.. Hi all! :D
Welcome, we don't have too many bisexual people here unfortunately, so it's good to see some more. :D

Also, should Polysexual, Otherkin, and Queer (queer movement) be added to the OP?
I consider myself Polysexual, so I'd like it up there. I've mentioned it before, but I guess it wasn't added. I don't think Otherkin is really related to the club though.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
There's some many labels and orientations, it's confusing me. I'm sure I'm not straight now. Men are attractive, like the man in my avatar, Chris Pratt. Though I've found women beautiful to an extent too. I just don't want to label myself at this time, though. I don't want to be like "yeah I'm gay" or "yeah I'm straight" or "yeah I'm bi" .

Polysexual should be on the list on the OP though, cause it's part of the LGBT Spectrum definitely.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
If it does get added, I'd recommend the definition "A person who is sexually and romantically attracted to more than two genders, but not all of them."

obZen

Kill Your Heroes
Years
If it does get added, I'd recommend the definition "A person who is sexually and romantically attracted to more than two genders, but not all of them."

I thought it was that the person does not "discriminate" between different genders in their sexuality / romance, or is that pansexual?

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
I thought it was that the person does not "discriminate" between different genders in their sexuality / romance, or is that pansexual?
Yeah, that's pansexual. They don't see any significant difference between the different genders.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Agreed, 'otherkin' aren't an sexual orientation. So I'd say no.

And be careful mentioning otherkin around here, especially after that one thread. O_o

Not only are they not a sexual orientation, they're just not a thing. They're making up a thing out of nothing. It's not a thing to think you're a toaster. I'm sorry, they're just little white kids trying to be unique on the Internet.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 29, 2014
I'll join. I'm nobody special, but I'm bisexual and I'm perfectly happy to join up. ^_^

...Well, provided no one minds a bisexual furry hanging around...?

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Figures that I'd say one thing about otherkin and the one otherkin person that dared visit a website other than Tumblr would find it. Must be the keen bat senses emanating from the soul.

Anyway on another note, welcome FeralFurry! I'm loving your name, it says everything you're about. Gets it right out on the table. I can respect that.

It's probably time we talk about something gay, isn't it? Oh, Joan Rivers died, that's pretty devastating to the LGBT community and just the world at large.

Last edited:

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
...Well, provided no one minds a bisexual furry hanging around...?
You're not the only one. lol

Anyway, story time.

So, I had a weird conversation with my parents recently, and I'm not really sure what to make of it. I'm going to be moving out soon-ish, and have been looking around at apartments to see what's what. I'm most likely going to have a roommate, so my mom told me not to tell anyone I wasn't straight, and I told her "It's not something I'm ashamed of, so I'm not going to hide it."

The next day, I found a trans guy looking for a roommate, so I figured I'd look into it. On the way there, both of my parents told me not to tell him. That straight people don't go around telling everyone in sight that they're straight, and that if people find out they'll hurt me.

They seem to be forgetting that we live in the second most LGBT friendly city in the world, and that it's automatically assumed that you're straight if you don't say otherwise. I told them that, but they seemed to just completely ignore everything I said. They're thinking about it completely backwards. Not sure how to approach this other than to just ignore them. =/

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 29, 2014
You're not the only one. lol

Anyway, story time.

So, I had a weird conversation with my parents recently, and I'm not really sure what to make of it. I'm going to be moving out soon-ish, and have been looking around at apartments to see what's what. I'm most likely going to have a roommate, so my mom told me not to tell anyone I wasn't straight, and I told her "It's not something I'm ashamed of, so I'm not going to hide it."

The next day, I found a trans guy looking for a roommate, so I figured I'd look into it. On the way there, both of my parents told me not to tell him. That straight people don't go around telling everyone in sight that they're straight, and that if people find out they'll hurt me.

They seem to be forgetting that we live in the second most LGBT friendly city in the world, and that it's automatically assumed that you're straight if you don't say otherwise. I told them that, but they seemed to just completely ignore everything I said. They're thinking about it completely backwards. Not sure how to approach this other than to just ignore them. =/

Heh, to be honest, I'm jealous of your parents knowing at all.

...Yeah, mine don't know, and I don't intend to tell them any time soon. Or anyone else I know personally, actually.

Anyhow, I don't really know how to advise you, here. They are your parents, though, they do care, they just probably haven't caught up with the times.

Well, I know I wasn't of much help, but... Good luck. ^_^

Back