The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacking Help
Help Thread Patching & Emulation

ROM Hacking Help Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

Old January 1st, 2015 (12:22 PM).

This video shows a trade between ShinyGold and (what I think is) FireRed/LeafGreen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1onA8YneeQ
    Old January 3rd, 2015 (10:36 AM).
    the first little piggy

Nature: Jolly
      Hi, I'm not entirely sure if this goes here but I have a question about DeSmuME v0.9.10; I tried using Action Replay codes with it for Pokemon Black but none of them worked (for reference it was Wild Pokemon Modifier and 100% Catch Rate). Any ideas as to why? Should I be using an older version of the emulator? (some other threads in other places I checked said 9.10 isn't very good?)
      Old January 3rd, 2015 (10:45 AM).

Nature: Quiet
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Jim Boob View Post
        Hey I am using vgba for android and i want to move fire red & emerald saves to my pc so i can run them on vba link however I cant get the save files to open. vgba gives me a .sav, .sta and a .gba the .gba opens the rom fine but the other two extensions are not recognized.

any help?
        Well the .gba file is the rom so obviously it should open in the emulator. The .sav file is your saved file. This appears when you save the game in-game. However I'm not familiar with .sta. Maybe it's a save state. But what you should do is transfer the files to your pc which is what you've probably done. Then you take your rom or the .gba file and rename it so it has the same name as the corresponding .sav file. And then just play it on an emulator. The emulator should bring up your saved filed in the continue screen.

"Memories warm you up from
        the inside."
        Old January 5th, 2015 (12:07 AM).
        Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
          Do mobile emulators run hacks well? I've been considering downloading one for my smartphone to play the upcoming PRPB. It's a Galaxy S4, so hardware power isn't a problem.

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, the day Pokémon pulled a Dallas and jumped the shark.
          Old January 5th, 2015 (12:20 AM).
          The one true question mark

Nature: Impish
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Cerberus87 View Post
            Do mobile emulators run hacks well? I've been considering downloading one for my smartphone to play the upcoming PRPB. It's a Galaxy S4, so hardware power isn't a problem.
            Yes they run pretty well.. MyBoy or Gameboid (i prefer this one) run all games very well.

Also, on topic :

Is there ever any successful method to fight/trade online using ANY emulator for GBA games?
            Old January 5th, 2015 (12:28 AM).
            Mega Houndoom, baby!

Quote:
              Originally Posted by The '???' View Post
              Also, on topic :

Is there ever any successful method to fight/trade online using ANY emulator for GBA games?
              Never heard of a way, which is something that could be looked into since there are emulators like Mupen64k which support online play while the systems they emulate didn't.

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, the day Pokémon pulled a Dallas and jumped the shark.
              Old January 5th, 2015 (10:32 PM).
              Random Uruguayan User

Quote:
                Originally Posted by The '???'
                There must be.
                I mean.. VBA is compatible with Hamachi, so.. people should try.
                I did one with TLOZ Four Swords and it runs very slow, but, for example i never tried with Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire, and those ROMs runs pretty much better than FR/LG/E (Just using the turbo in those games you can see it)

Cya~
                Old January 6th, 2015 (6:05 AM).

Is there any way to change the clock interface in emerald rom....in emerald mom says to set the time and start it..after that the clock started... i want this event to be worked just like in Pokemon Liquid Crystal..The rom automatically identifies the real time clock so i would not have to change it myself...is it possible to change the clock interface of emerald into liquid crystal type??? Sorry if u mind my horrible english..
                  Old January 7th, 2015 (2:01 AM). Edited January 7th, 2015 by Spherical Ice.
                  Teddiursa

Nature: Gentle
                    Because I had few problems running DeSmuME on my 6-year-old PC, I expected the same great performance on the new PC I got for the holidays. Unfortunately, this machine doesn't seem to "like" either the new version of DeSmuME or the one I'd played with before. Running it in compatibility mode with WinXP/SP3 doesn't help; neither does switching from 32-bit to 64-bit versions of the program. (My new computer is running 64-bit Windows 8.1 with 12 GB of RAM, plus graphics very similar to the old one's. It passed a complete virus and malware scan last night; so I can't understand why DeSmuME keeps hogging 90+% of the CPU and freezes/crashes.) Any other Windows 8 users out there who can help?

EDIT: I don't know what the multi-emulator programs do to fix it; but somehow WinDS Pro and Emulator X can run DeSmuME correctly from inside the bundling app. Try to run it as a stand-alone app, though, and all Hades breaks loose. >:)

Is there a reliable tool for converting DeSmuME .dsv files to .sav format? The only one I could find listed on Google was on a site that my antivirus program blocked as unsafe... never a good sign. o_O PokeGen used to be a decent workaround on my old PC; but it crashes when I try to save the (otherwise unchanged) .dsv file as an .sav. (The error message before that crash reads "Unable to create filename.sav.bak" whether an earlier backup exists or not.) If any of you could please show me a solution, I'd be very grateful.

Ingeborg S. Nordén

" Coming this fall to Jubilife TV: Lost Beyond Space!" :P
                    Old January 8th, 2015 (11:53 PM). Edited January 9th, 2015 by khimxz06.

I'm trying to use it on tablet and smartphone but its not working. The tablet keeps hanging.. my myboy version is 1.5.25

I hope you can help me..I'm using Bluetooth
                      Old January 13th, 2015 (6:56 AM).
                      Random Uruguayan User

Does someone have a Hamachi Network to Trade or Battle in Pokemon R/E/FR using VBA Link?

Cya~
                        Old January 14th, 2015 (12:08 PM). Edited January 15th, 2015 by Spherical Ice.
                        the ONE

Nature: Serious
                          Okay so I am an experienced Pokemon veteran and i need to know how to trade with myself but hears the deal..
                          I have my Best pokemon on my VBA for pc and i need to trade them onto the MYBOY(full version) on android
                          PLZHALP
                          i cant figure this out alone

i need real help folks.... i need to figure out how to trade the pokemon on VBA for PC over to the MyBoy(full version) on android...i cant figure this out alone

the key to my pokemons salvation rests on this golden question. How dose one trade pokemon from VBA to a MyBoy for android?
                          THERE MUST BE A KEY
                          Old January 14th, 2015 (10:42 PM).
                          the ONE

Nature: Serious
                            PRIVATE MESSAGE ME AND BATTLE ME WITH YOUR BEST LEVEL 100 POKEMON I DARE YOU
                            im not full of myself i just desire a great foe to crush my dreams
                            Old January 15th, 2015 (1:03 AM).
                            Random Uruguayan User

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by pokemon master_Creed View Post
                              the key to my pokemons salvation rests on this golden question. How dose one trade pokemon from VBA to a MyBoy for android?
                              THERE MUST BE A KEY
                              I don't know why you did multipost, but it seems you can't.
                              You can only trade from VBA to another VBA, and from Myboy to another Myboy..

Cya~
                              Old January 17th, 2015 (6:46 PM).
                              Teddiursa

Nature: Gentle
                                [Cross-posted to another fan site; please accept my apology if you've seen this message twice!]

I'm playing the Platinum game through an emulator program (DeSmuME 0.98) because I don't own any handheld devices. Although the program generally performs well, it's frustrating to know that I'll never be able to use or enter Pal Park in-game; simulating a transfer from Gen3 is impossible because no emulator can simulate a GBA and an NDS running at the same time. :-(

If I could buy (or even borrow) two real handhelds, I would transfer my Gen3 Pokémon that way. Since I can't, though... is there an editor which could simulate the Pal Park transfer and have Platinum acknowledge the results? If software like that exists for Windows, I'd be happy to give it a shot.

Ingeborg S. Nordén

" Coming this fall to Jubilife TV: Lost Beyond Space!" :P
                                Old January 24th, 2015 (7:07 PM).

Does anyone know a good iphone emulator ive tryed gba4ios but it had problems so i deleted it and cant download it again
                                  Old January 24th, 2015 (7:56 PM).
                                  #429: magical pokémon

Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by ISNorden View Post
                                    [Cross-posted to another fan site; please accept my apology if you've seen this message twice!]

I'm playing the Platinum game through an emulator program (DeSmuME 0.98) because I don't own any handheld devices. Although the program generally performs well, it's frustrating to know that I'll never be able to use or enter Pal Park in-game; simulating a transfer from Gen3 is impossible because no emulator can simulate a GBA and an NDS running at the same time. :-(

If I could buy (or even borrow) two real handhelds, I would transfer my Gen3 Pokémon that way. Since I can't, though... is there an editor which could simulate the Pal Park transfer and have Platinum acknowledge the results? If software like that exists for Windows, I'd be happy to give it a shot.
                                    I haven't tried it yet, since I don't have the ROMs and I certainly wouldn't be far enough in the game for the Pal Park, but - at least in DeSmuME 0.9.9 - you can go to Config -> Slot 2 (GBA slot) and follow the instructions there (that is, give it the directory of your GBA ROM and have the .sav file in the same folder).
                                    Old January 24th, 2015 (9:52 PM).

For some reason whenever I try to open a patched rom (using lunarIps) using VBA I just get a gray screen. Any help?
                                      Old January 31st, 2015 (11:04 AM).
                                      Pokemon4Life9009 Pokemon4Life9009 is offline

First of all, I apologize if I have posted this in the wrong forum section, I am new here so I am still getting down what all of the different sections mean. But besides that point, I am curious of how this "Powersave" for Pokemon X works.

Now, I am familiar with hacking devices for I have used action replay for my older Pokemon games. What I am confused about is this IV business. I'll just state right here and right now that I have tried the "true" way, but with NO success, and A LOT of frustration. So I was curious if I modified my pokemon's IVS with this, would they STAY PERFECT?! For when I breed, all of the IVS start of from 6, then as the pokemon levels up nearly ALL of them change except for TWO, and I AM NOT in the mood to dedicate six hours of my life to perfect this through this confusing breeding.... I certainly hope so, for this could be a life saver! Of course, I would only use it in battle mansion and NEVER against any online players. Thanks for the time and answers.
                                        Old February 2nd, 2015 (8:35 PM).
                                        Mew

Nature: Calm
                                          Hello! I just wanted to know what is the best D's emulator for android that can facilitate game connection on different android phones. Any help would be appreciated.

Want To Make $23 An Hour Online!? This Video Shows How!

Want to live life paying 2 star prices for 5 star hotels? Want to make money while doing it? Well take a look here!

Want your own network marketing internet business? Why Not Check This Out!
                                          Old February 19th, 2015 (3:49 AM).

Hello, i'm french
                                            my brother and i have two android's phone with pokemon FR and the emulator GBA
                                            and we want to play together, i have readed the post but i don't understand what is "pokemon ROM" and where to download it
                                            can you explain me?
                                            Old February 19th, 2015 (8:11 AM).

Oh okay pokemon rom is the pokemon's rom version game, so why doesn't walk the link battle ...
                                              Old February 22nd, 2015 (1:21 AM).
                                              the Barbarian King.

Nature: Rash
                                                If this works, then why isn't this a sticky thread?

We are searching for Grunts!
                                                Old February 26th, 2015 (12:58 AM).
                                                pikahachtsju pikahachtsju is offline

Hi i copied my saved file from pokemon white from openemu, To the saved battery files in desmume so i could visit dream yard, But everytime i open my game it doesn't use the save file i copied but a new one appears right away when i open the game like this:

(i cant post links so nevermind)
                                                  what can i do about this?
                                                  Old February 26th, 2015 (7:06 AM).
                                                  Charizard Gr Charizard Gr is offline
                                                  Firekeeper

I sincerely do not know if this is the right place to post, if not please move the topic to where it should be originally posted. Thank you.

Alright, it's been quite a while that I've been watching Randomized Nuzlocke LP's in YouTube and thought to myself "Hey, why don't you try it out as well?". So, I searched and found the randomizer, downloaded it along with the ROMs that I would like to play. But there has been a problem. Upon decompression I realised that my program would also unrar the file that triggers the Randomizer program to launch (like unraring a .exe file for applications, but I cannot remember the file type right now).

So I thought I would ask for help here. Can somebody help me and Randomize a Emerald and FireRed rom for me? I've been trying for days now and had no luck neither in randomizing a rom for myself neither finding a already randomized rom. Thanks a lot!

Also, I saw a LP with Pokemon ΩRαS being randomized (can't recall the YouTuber's name right now), can someone tell me if it is possible to do that for my game as well (if it is illegal ignore that last one).

Thank you guys, much appreciated!

Quick Reply