• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon RogueFeu New2

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 11, 2015
---I forgot to include download in the other thread! Sorry to the mods, it's really early still-----

Introduction:

Hey, I'm MtArgenté, a French Pokémon hacker. My team and I have worked a lot on this hack that I'm proud to present to you today.

First, a little FAQ:
Q: Baguette ?
A: Oui, oui !

Q: Why are the tiles so ugly?
A: We have seen many hacks implement newer gen tiles into 3rd gen, and to us it is silly. So, we implemented 2nd gen tiles into into 3rd gen.

Q: What is the gameplay like ?
A: You travel from the overworld to different towns and routes.

Q: Is it balanced?
A: This hack uses JPAN's level adjustment hack... thing. Wild Pokémon and trainers are balanced in this way. When playtesting, myself I beat the game with the two Pokémon, Cubone and Weepingbell, you can get at the beginning. Also, many Pokémon had their evolutions changed so they evolve much sooner. It is pretty easy... sorry if you wanted a challenge !

Q: Why is it always night time?
A: It's fun and relaxing sometimes to play games at night. Since most people mute the game anyway, I recommend you play this with Take Five and other nice songs.

Story:
This is just a hack you play to have fun. Maybe you will like some of the dialogue but there is no dedicated storyline.

Spoiler:

Features/progress:
One other thing I'd like to say is that we added some new moves that you can use. They are pretty broken in your favor :P (not instant wins however).
Complex Gym puzzles
Only 3 Gyms
Custom trainer battle music. In places with Johto tiles, you hear Johto trainer/gym themes, and likewise for Kanto. There is no Johto wild battle midi that we found however, so you get... something else.

Glitches:
There are (too) many intentional mistakes. They are mistakes we put in that many hacks/games do accidentally. To us at least, they are silly and make things more interesting. But don't worry, they don't break the game! (Well...)

However, there are a few unintentional ones (of course !):
Palette glitch when entering doors (day and night system glitch)
Sprite glitch after ending battles on some maps... really wish this didn't happen or at least say we did it on purpose, but no. I have no idea what causes this.

Note : There is a list of every known, intended mistake ! If you want (maybe you are very bored) you can compile your own and see if you got them all or found something new ! If you are an avid hacker, can you explain also what would normally cause the glitch ? This is the true test of skill, dude !

Kredits:
Map Design: Xela97, MtArgenté

Script Design: TheOne, MtArgenté, SB MTS Team

Original Gym Puzzle Design: Pokémon Kappa Version

Dialogue: MtArgenté, SB MTS Team, Anglophone
French dialogue: MtArgenté, SB MTS Team, a French novice (if you are a Frenchie you will notice :P)

Tiles, sprites, palettes: Game Freak of course

-in addition-

Jambo51: Gym password ASM
Knizz: Intro/tutorial/Oak skip

A lot of outside help was used, tutorials and all, but I kept bad notes on this... if you think your work was used and want to be added, I will add you, I want it to be clear.

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/4cimv5lxkvh72cu/Pokemon+RogueFeuNew2.ips

Final thoughts:
Music is really great to listen to while working!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 18, 2015
hi, i do not know if other have play this lol so i want to comment. This hack is very weird and i do not understand any french but at least most of it is english XD. but the gyms are fun although i have not beat the second gym yet. i like the graphics also, they are not pretty but straight from crystal almost xD. anyway, i hope you make more. good luck! XD

in addition, yes, i create account to tell you :3

Bill Cipher

Call me Fuxydia~!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 3, 2016
I know you mention it in the first post.
But, the way you've claimed to "implemented" Gen III tiles into Gen II, or the other way round, is very sloppy.
You've literally just pasted gen II tiles on the default tileset.

If you're going to mix styles, at least try to make them blend, like, devamp all the Gen III tiles. As, Pokemon Christmas shows, Gen III tiles work really well in the Gen II environment, if you implement them correctly.

Also, without some "serious" storyline, I feel this hack might not get much, or a lot of attention.

EDIT: I like the Night windows lighting up. <3

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 11, 2015
Interesting choice of tiles. Did you change the story or is it the same as in the original Firered?

It is completely different than FireRed.

I know you mention it in the first post.
But, the way you've claimed to "implemented" Gen III tiles into Gen II, or the other way round, is very sloppy.
You've literally just pasted gen II tiles on the default tileset.

If you're going to mix styles, at least try to make them blend, like, devamp all the Gen III tiles. As, Pokemon Christmas shows, Gen III tiles work really well in the Gen II environment, if you implement them correctly.

Also, without some "serious" storyline, I feel this hack might not get much, or a lot of attention.

EDIT: I like the Night windows lighting up. <3

Ah yes, the tiles were basically copy and pasted ^^; but they are not supposed to match, as with those who use really new graphics but the same old sprites or water from FireRed... I hope this makes sense, I am bad at explaining. We know they are ugly... but who cares ? This is our feeling :P

Thank you x)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 11, 2015
Hello to all. I don't like to bump my own thread like this, but I was thinking that I should add some more pictures. These are not new updates but just showing more of the game! They are also in the OP now.

Spoiler:

If you are playing, we hope it's been fun! And thanks! x)

Years
Will you be changing the overworld sprite for the protagonist?

CuQ3Qcv.png

It just urks me for some reason that you have a muscle builder as your battle sprite but you have Red in the overworld.

Back