The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games Game Development Scripts & Tutorials
Essentials Script Elite Battle 2015: Gen 5 battle skin

Scripts & Tutorials This forum is for scripts and code, as well as all kinds of tutorials, software, tools and so forth. Remember to give credit!
The thread revival limit does not apply here.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #26    
Old February 25th, 2015 (10:30 PM).
Alexandre's Avatar
Alexandre Alexandre is offline
     
    Join Date: Mar 2005
    Age: 23
    Nature: Lonely
    Posts: 401
    As amazing as ever man. Great to see you still producing some quality stuff.

    Relevant Advertising!

      #27    
    Old February 26th, 2015 (1:33 PM).
    LaiikerGlezz's Avatar
    LaiikerGlezz LaiikerGlezz is offline
       
      Join Date: Jun 2014
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 39
      I dont know nothing about scripting in reallity, but I have a litte cuestion do I need to create a new class for every script ?
        #28    
      Old February 28th, 2015 (8:02 AM). Edited March 1st, 2015 by Luka S.J..
      Luka S.J.'s Avatar
      Luka S.J. Luka S.J. is offline
      Jealous Croatian
         
        Join Date: Dec 2008
        Location: Croatia
        Age: 25
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Adamant
        Posts: 1,118
        It's been brought to my attention that the Sprite Pack is missing the female sprites of various Pokemon. So for the sake of resource completion, I've downloaded and indexed those. Download the additional female sprites here. I'm also amending the original Sprite Pack to include those.

        Another thing is, I have overlooked the Safari Zone. So the system is currently not made for the Safari Zone. I don't know if it breaks the Safari Zone, but there is no "official" support for it. I just want to let you know that I'm working on that, and I'll probably include it as a script update + a standalone script sections (for those of you who already have all the scripts in place).

        [EDIT]
        I've fixed the issues concerning the animation player, as pointed out by Zoruarockszoroark. Please replace your old AnimationPlayer with the new one to apply the changes.
        I've also fixed the bug of additional move boxes appearing when the player's Pokemon has less than 4 moves. (Can't believe no one reported that one yet) Amended script section is UI.
          #29    
        Old February 28th, 2015 (2:49 PM).
        Zoruarockszoroark's Avatar
        Zoruarockszoroark Zoruarockszoroark is offline
           
          Join Date: Jun 2012
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 13
          Thank you so much for fixing the animation issue.
            #30    
          Old February 28th, 2015 (2:55 PM). Edited March 1st, 2015 by Zoruarockszoroark.
          Zoruarockszoroark's Avatar
          Zoruarockszoroark Zoruarockszoroark is offline
             
            Join Date: Jun 2012
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 13
            Oh, I've found another bug. It is that the shiny sparkles don't show up when a shiny Pokémon is sent into battle or is encountered in the wild.
            This is really not a big concern, but just pointed it out for convenience sakes.
              #31    
            Old February 28th, 2015 (6:06 PM).
            Snooper16's Avatar
            Snooper16 Snooper16 is offline
            Crowned! The "IDOLA"
               
              Join Date: Apr 2014
              Location: The Other Side
              Age: 22
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Lonely
              Posts: 23
              I'd like to try this new battle system out, but... for some reason, I can't seem to load the pages with the script downloads (timed out, no matter how many times I try to load it). I hate to be a hassle, but any possibility of a different download link for those scripts?
              __________________
              For you curious people who want to see what work I've done for Pokemon Essentials during my spare time.
              -Under Construction! Check back later!-
              The best method of contact would be through snewper16 on Skype! Just let me know who you are before sending a contact invite!
                #32    
              Old March 1st, 2015 (7:11 AM).
              Luka S.J.'s Avatar
              Luka S.J. Luka S.J. is offline
              Jealous Croatian
                 
                Join Date: Dec 2008
                Location: Croatia
                Age: 25
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Adamant
                Posts: 1,118
                I have updated the DynamicScene portion of the scripts to add the Shiny animation when trainer Pokemon are sent into battle.

                The Sprites portion of the scripts has also been updated to add new methods of drawing shadows on the field.

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Snooper16 View Post
                I'd like to try this new battle system out, but... for some reason, I can't seem to load the pages with the script downloads (timed out, no matter how many times I try to load it). I hate to be a hassle, but any possibility of a different download link for those scripts?
                I'm sorry you can't access the page, but I'm keeping this setup for convenience when updating the scripts. Firewall or Anti-virus/malware may be preventing the site from loading. Try looking into that. I assure you the links to the scripts contain no malicious software.
                  #33    
                Old March 1st, 2015 (8:21 AM).
                Zoruarockszoroark's Avatar
                Zoruarockszoroark Zoruarockszoroark is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Jun 2012
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 13
                  I encountered an error with the new DynamicScene script when an opposing trainer's pokemon is sent into battle:
                  Spoiler:
                  Message: Script error within event 102, map 39 (Route 6 ):
                  Exception: NoMethodError
                  Message: Section151:870:in `pbTrainerSendOut'undefined method `isShiny?' for #<PokeBattle_Battler:0xac7e1b0>
                  ***Full script:
                  pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::POKEMONRANGER_M,"I can hear mother nature. She is telling me to battle with you!",_I("But how?"),false,0,false)
                  Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'
                  PokeBattle_Battle:1241:in `pbSendOut'
                  Dynamic Battle:78:in `pbStartBattleCore'
                  PokeBattle_Battle:2229:in `pbStartBattle'
                  PokemonTrainers:427:in `pbTrainerBattle'
                  PokemonTrainers:426:in `pbSceneStandby'
                  PokemonTrainers:428:in `pbTrainerBattle'
                  PokemonTrainers:425:in `pbBattleAnimation'
                  PokemonTrainers:425:in `pbTrainerBattle'
                  (eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'

                  Interpreter:276:in `pbExecuteScript'
                  Interpreter:788:in `command_111'
                  Interpreter:320:in `execute_command'
                  Interpreter:193:in `update'
                  Interpreter:106:in `loop'
                  Interpreter:198:in `update'
                  Scene_Map:103:in `update'
                  Scene_Map:101:in `loop'
                  Scene_Map:114:in `update'
                  Scene_Map:68:in `main'


                  It pertains to the shiny pokemon checks.
                  To fix it, around line 871, find
                  Code:
                  if @battle.battlers[1].isShiny?
                          pbCommonAnimation("Shiny",@battle.battlers[1],nil)
                        end
                        if @battle.doublebattle && @battle.battlers[3].isShiny?
                          pbCommonAnimation("Shiny",@battle.battlers[3],nil)
                        end
                  replace that with this:
                  Code:
                   if @battle.party2[1].isShiny?
                          pbCommonAnimation("Shiny",@battle.battlers[1],nil)
                        end
                        if @battle.doublebattle && @battle.party2[3].isShiny?
                          pbCommonAnimation("Shiny",@battle.battlers[3],nil)
                        end
                    #34    
                  Old March 1st, 2015 (8:58 AM).
                  Luka S.J.'s Avatar
                  Luka S.J. Luka S.J. is offline
                  Jealous Croatian
                     
                    Join Date: Dec 2008
                    Location: Croatia
                    Age: 25
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Adamant
                    Posts: 1,118
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Zoruarockszoroark View Post
                    I encountered an error with the new DynamicScene script when an opposing trainer's pokemon is sent into battle:
                    Spoiler:
                    Message: Script error within event 102, map 39 (Route 6 ):
                    Exception: NoMethodError
                    Message: Section151:870:in `pbTrainerSendOut'undefined method `isShiny?' for #<PokeBattle_Battler:0xac7e1b0>
                    ***Full script:
                    pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::POKEMONRANGER_M,"I can hear mother nature. She is telling me to battle with you!",_I("But how?"),false,0,false)
                    Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'
                    PokeBattle_Battle:1241:in `pbSendOut'
                    Dynamic Battle:78:in `pbStartBattleCore'
                    PokeBattle_Battle:2229:in `pbStartBattle'
                    PokemonTrainers:427:in `pbTrainerBattle'
                    PokemonTrainers:426:in `pbSceneStandby'
                    PokemonTrainers:428:in `pbTrainerBattle'
                    PokemonTrainers:425:in `pbBattleAnimation'
                    PokemonTrainers:425:in `pbTrainerBattle'
                    (eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'

                    Interpreter:276:in `pbExecuteScript'
                    Interpreter:788:in `command_111'
                    Interpreter:320:in `execute_command'
                    Interpreter:193:in `update'
                    Interpreter:106:in `loop'
                    Interpreter:198:in `update'
                    Scene_Map:103:in `update'
                    Scene_Map:101:in `loop'
                    Scene_Map:114:in `update'
                    Scene_Map:68:in `main'
                    I already fixed that as soon as I uploaded the script. Get it again.
                      #35    
                    Old March 3rd, 2015 (11:24 AM).
                    coke_link coke_link is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Nov 2010
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 2
                      It's Fantastic! but I have a problem in the safari zone

                      Spoiler:
                      ---------------------------
                      Pokemon
                      ---------------------------
                      Exception: NoMethodError

                      Message: undefined method `length' for nil:NilClass

                      PokeBattle_UI:322:in `text='

                      PokeBattle_UI:320:in `each'

                      PokeBattle_UI:320:in `text='

                      PokeBattle_UI:408:in `pbCommandMenuEx'

                      PokeBattle_Scene:2330:in `pbSafariCommandMenu'

                      PokeBattle_SafariZone:118:in `pbStartBattle'

                      PBattle_Safari:114:in `pbSafariBattle'

                      PBattle_Safari:113:in `pbSceneStandby'

                      PBattle_Safari:115:in `pbSafariBattle'

                      PBattle_Safari:112:in `pbBattleAnimation'



                      This exception was logged in

                      C:\Users\Trabajo\Saved Games/Pokemon/errorlog.txt.

                      Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
                      ---------------------------
                      Aceptar
                      ---------------------------
                        #36    
                      Old March 12th, 2015 (6:44 PM).
                      Florio's Avatar
                      Florio Florio is offline
                      Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
                         
                        Join Date: Nov 2008
                        Location: Canada
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Lax
                        Posts: 392
                        I got this error in a battle. After my Eevee got KOed I sent out my Cyndaquil and this happens whenever I try to access my moves:

                        Spoiler:
                        ---------------------------
                        Pokemon Essentials
                        ---------------------------
                        Exception: RGSSError

                        Message: disposed sprite

                        Sprite_Resizer:330:in `viewport'

                        Sprite_Resizer:330:in `y='

                        PokeBattle_UI:579:in `show'

                        PokeBattle_UI:578:in `each'

                        PokeBattle_UI:578:in `show'

                        PokeBattle_UI:672:in `pbFightMenu'

                        PokeBattle_UI:671:in `times'

                        PokeBattle_UI:671:in `pbFightMenu'

                        PokeBattle_Battle:2843:in `pbCommandPhase'

                        PokeBattle_Battle:2837:in `loop'



                        This exception was logged in

                        C:\Users\User\Saved Games/Pokemon Essentials/errorlog.txt.

                        Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
                        ---------------------------
                        OK
                        ---------------------------


                        It doesn't make the game crash, just keeps bringing my back to the Fight/Bag/Pokemon/Run screen over and over again. If it matters, my only Pokemon were my Cyndaquil and Eevee, and the Eevee was KOed.

                        EDIT: Every time that I press Fight and it sends me back, the picture of the moves keeps getting moved up a little bit.
                        Spoiler:






                        __________________
                          #37    
                        Old March 19th, 2015 (6:03 PM).
                        Florio's Avatar
                        Florio Florio is offline
                        Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
                           
                          Join Date: Nov 2008
                          Location: Canada
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Lax
                          Posts: 392
                          Also can you possibly release some desert and snow battlebacks for the system? If possible.
                          __________________
                            #38    
                          Old March 19th, 2015 (11:37 PM). Edited March 20th, 2015 by Dylanrockin.
                          Dylanrockin's Avatar
                          Dylanrockin Dylanrockin is offline
                          That guy
                             
                            Join Date: May 2011
                            Age: 22
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Timid
                            Posts: 277
                            I encountered an error upon starting up my game. I am not entirely sure how to go about fixing this, as I mainly haven't touched anything that might have caused this. I am indeed using V15.1, so if there is potentially an issue there, than I can try to change it. The BitMapWrapper is completely vanilla, and was just copy/pasted into my game, with no modifications.

                            ---------------------------
                            Pokemon Essentials
                            ---------------------------
                            Script 'PokeBattle_BitmapWrapper' line 151: NameError occurred.

                            undefined method `pbLoadPokemonBitmap' for class `Object'
                            ---------------------------
                            OK
                            ---------------------------
                              #39    
                            Old March 21st, 2015 (10:08 AM). Edited March 27th, 2015 by Luka S.J..
                            Luka S.J.'s Avatar
                            Luka S.J. Luka S.J. is offline
                            Jealous Croatian
                               
                              Join Date: Dec 2008
                              Location: Croatia
                              Age: 25
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Adamant
                              Posts: 1,118
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Florio View Post
                              I got this error in a battle. After my Eevee got KOed I sent out my Cyndaquil and this happens whenever I try to access my moves
                              Fixed the UI issue. Came up due to me forgetting to change one variable from 4 to @nummoves. I updated the PokeBattle_UI section of the scripts. Get that to fix your error.
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Florio View Post
                              Also can you possibly release some desert and snow battlebacks for the system? If possible.
                              Had I those resources, I'd have already included them in the kit.

                              _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Dylanrockin View Post
                              I encountered an error upon starting up my game. I am not entirely sure how to go about fixing this, as I mainly haven't touched anything that might have caused this.
                              That's your assessment of it, which might not be true. Anyway, my assessment is that you're getting the error because you didn't paste the scripts in the correct positions.
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Luka S.J. View Post
                              Copy and paste the scripts into your game, above Main, but make sure that the following script sections stay above your newly copied scripts:
                              • PokeBattle_AnimationPlayer
                              • PokeBattle_ActualScene
                              • PokeBattle_Battle
                              • PSystem_Utilities

                              P.S. Still working on the Safari Zone implementation.
                              __________________

                                #40    
                              Old March 21st, 2015 (12:31 PM). Edited March 21st, 2015 by Florio.
                              Florio's Avatar
                              Florio Florio is offline
                              Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
                                 
                                Join Date: Nov 2008
                                Location: Canada
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Lax
                                Posts: 392
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Luka S.J. View Post
                                Fixed the UI issue. Came up due to me forgetting to change one variable from 4 to @nummoves. I updated the PokeBattle_UI section of the scripts. Get that to fix your error.

                                Had I those resources, I'd have already included them in the kit.

                                _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

                                That's your assessment of it, which might not be true. Anyway, my assessment is that you're getting the error because you didn't paste the scripts in the correct positions.



                                P.S. Still working on the Safari Zone implementation.
                                I tried the fix but it didn't work and now its even worse.
                                Before it would only show the message when i sent out my 2nd Pokemon but now it happens for the 1st too.

                                Also if it matters, I'm using the gen 6 beta. I don't think regular v15.1 has this problem. But you might want to keep in mind for gen 6 release.
                                __________________
                                  #41    
                                Old March 21st, 2015 (1:57 PM).
                                Luka S.J.'s Avatar
                                Luka S.J. Luka S.J. is offline
                                Jealous Croatian
                                   
                                  Join Date: Dec 2008
                                  Location: Croatia
                                  Age: 25
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Adamant
                                  Posts: 1,118
                                  Ughhh, for some reason some characters got broke on my website. Anyway, try it again. Should be no problems with that now.
                                    #42    
                                  Old March 21st, 2015 (5:33 PM).
                                  Florio's Avatar
                                  Florio Florio is offline
                                  Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
                                     
                                    Join Date: Nov 2008
                                    Location: Canada
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Lax
                                    Posts: 392
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Luka S.J. View Post
                                    Ughhh, for some reason some characters got broke on my website. Anyway, try it again. Should be no problems with that now.
                                    Ok so it is fixed now. But now this happened, and idk if it is related to your battle system of Gen 6 Beta.

                                    Spoiler:
                                    ---------------------------
                                    Pokemon Essentials
                                    ---------------------------
                                    Exception: NoMethodError

                                    Message: undefined method `x' for nil:NilClass

                                    PokeBattle_Scene:1646:in `pbDisplayEffect'

                                    PokeBattle_Battle:2579:in `pbDisplayEffect'

                                    PokeBattle_BattlerEffects:840:in `pbCanReduceStatStage?'

                                    PokeBattle_MoveEffects:1789:in `pbEffect'

                                    PokeBattle_Battler:2980:in `pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget'

                                    PokeBattle_Battler:2939:in `each'

                                    PokeBattle_Battler:2939:in `pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget'

                                    PokeBattle_Battler:3355:in `pbUseMove'

                                    PokeBattle_Battler:3329:in `loop'

                                    PokeBattle_Battler:3358:in `pbUseMove'



                                    This exception was logged in

                                    C:\Users\User\Saved Games/Pokemon Essentials/errorlog.txt.

                                    Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
                                    ---------------------------
                                    OK
                                    ---------------------------

                                    Happened when I used Tail Whip. Didn't show animation or msgs but continues battle.
                                    __________________
                                      #43    
                                    Old March 21st, 2015 (5:40 PM).
                                    korjamer's Avatar
                                    korjamer korjamer is offline
                                    Pixel Artist
                                       
                                      Join Date: Apr 2011
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Nature: Relaxed
                                      Posts: 19
                                      After the attempted or successful capture of a trainer's shadow pokemon the UI doesn't zoom back out.
                                        #44    
                                      Old March 22nd, 2015 (11:07 PM).
                                      Dylanrockin's Avatar
                                      Dylanrockin Dylanrockin is offline
                                      That guy
                                         
                                        Join Date: May 2011
                                        Age: 22
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Nature: Timid
                                        Posts: 277
                                        Upon entering battle and sending out my first Pokemon, I am greeted with this error: This was against an Abomasnow, which I am assuming this happened because of something that was changed in relation to the field effects showing?

                                        Spoiler:
                                        ---------------------------
                                        Pokemon Essentials
                                        ---------------------------
                                        Exception: NoMethodError

                                        Message: undefined method `x' for nil:NilClass

                                        PokeBattle_Scene:1646:in `pbDisplayEffect'

                                        PokeBattle_Battle:2584:in `pbDisplayEffect'

                                        PokeBattle_Battler:1047:in `pbAbilitiesOnSwitchIn'

                                        PokeBattle_Battle:2357:in `pbOnActiveAll'

                                        PokeBattle_Battle:2356:in `each'

                                        PokeBattle_Battle:2356:in `pbOnActiveAll'

                                        PokeBattle_DynamicBattle:166:in `pbStartBattleCore'

                                        PokeBattle_Battle:2597:in `pbStartBattle'

                                        PField_Field:975:in `pbWildBattle'

                                        PField_Field:974:in `pbSceneStandby'



                                        This exception was logged in

                                        C:\Users\Dylan\Saved Games/Pokemon Essentials/errorlog.txt.

                                        Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
                                        ---------------------------
                                        OK
                                        ---------------------------


                                        Along with this, when going into the menu to select an attack command:

                                        Spoiler:
                                        ---------------------------
                                        Pokemon Essentials
                                        ---------------------------
                                        Exception: NoMethodError

                                        Message: undefined method `disposed' for #<Sprite:0xb7e9eb0>

                                        PokeBattle_UI:578:in `show'

                                        PokeBattle_UI:577:in `each'

                                        PokeBattle_UI:577:in `show'

                                        PokeBattle_UI:671:in `pbFightMenu'

                                        PokeBattle_UI:670:in `times'

                                        PokeBattle_UI:670:in `pbFightMenu'

                                        PokeBattle_Battle:2848:in `pbCommandPhase'

                                        PokeBattle_Battle:2842:in `loop'

                                        PokeBattle_Battle:2930:in `pbCommandPhase'

                                        PokeBattle_Battle:2831:in `each'



                                        This exception was logged in

                                        C:\Users\Dylan\Saved Games/Pokemon Essentials/errorlog.txt.

                                        Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
                                        ---------------------------
                                        OK
                                        ---------------------------
                                          #45    
                                        Old March 23rd, 2015 (2:42 AM).
                                        Luka S.J.'s Avatar
                                        Luka S.J. Luka S.J. is offline
                                        Jealous Croatian
                                           
                                          Join Date: Dec 2008
                                          Location: Croatia
                                          Age: 25
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Nature: Adamant
                                          Posts: 1,118
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by Florio View Post
                                          Ok so it is fixed now. But now this happened, and idk if it is related to your battle system of Gen 6 Beta.
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by Dylanrockin View Post
                                          Upon entering battle and sending out my first Pokemon, I am greeted with this error: This was against an Abomasnow, which I am assuming this happened because of something that was changed in relation to the field effects showing?
                                          Mmm, yeah, no. I'm using vanilla Essentials 15.1 and there is no such thing as pbDisplayEffect in the scripts. So that has nothing to do with my system, and a whole bunch to do with whatever custom scripts you're using. I only guarantee stock Essentials compatibility. Any other things you do to it, is your problem.

                                          ____________________________________________________________________________________
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by Dylanrockin View Post
                                          Along with this, when going into the menu to select an attack command:
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by Luka S.J. View Post
                                          Ughhh, for some reason some characters got broke on my website. Anyway, try it again. Should be no problems with that now.
                                          Do try to keep up with the thread. The issue is already fixed.

                                          ____________________________________________________________________________________
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by korjamer View Post
                                          After the attempted or successful capture of a trainer's shadow pokemon the UI doesn't zoom back out.
                                          I completely forgot that there is such a thing as Shadow Pokemon. Don't worry, I'll look into the shadow Pokemon support, alongside the Safari Zone and some animation player kinks, and will release the fixes in the next substantial update.
                                            #46    
                                          Old March 27th, 2015 (3:13 AM). Edited March 27th, 2015 by Luka S.J..
                                          Luka S.J.'s Avatar
                                          Luka S.J. Luka S.J. is offline
                                          Jealous Croatian
                                             
                                            Join Date: Dec 2008
                                            Location: Croatia
                                            Age: 25
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Nature: Adamant
                                            Posts: 1,118
                                            Ok, so I have fixed up the AnimationPlayer again, so be sure to get the new script for it. I've also updated the Battle and Scene of the system, to take into account shadow Pokemon. So catching them now, will not leave behind a visual mess.

                                            I have also added another little feature (which comes in the new Battle and Scene scripts) that allows you to turn the endspeech of Trainers into an array, where the first field will be the endspeech, and the second will be the dialogue they speak during the battle. This only works for single Trainer battles though, so keep that in mind.
                                            Example on how to use it
                                            Code:
                                            pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::RIVAL1,"Test",["Not too shabby","It's not over yet!"],false)
                                              #47    
                                            Old March 27th, 2015 (11:45 AM). Edited March 27th, 2015 by kcgcrazy.
                                            kcgcrazy kcgcrazy is offline
                                               
                                              Join Date: Nov 2013
                                              Location: Canada
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Posts: 119
                                              Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by Luka S.J. View Post
                                              Ok, so I have fixed up the AnimationPlayer again, so be sure to get the new script for it. I've also updated the Battle and Scene of the system, to take into account shadow Pokemon. So catching them now, will not leave behind a visual mess.

                                              I have also added another little feature (which comes in the new Battle and Scene scripts) that allows you to turn the endspeech of Trainers into an array, where the first field will be the endspeech, and the second will be the dialogue they speak during the battle. This only works for single Trainer battles though, so keep that in mind.
                                              Example on how to use it
                                              Code:
                                              pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::RIVAL1,"Test",["Not too shabby","It's not over yet!"],false)
                                              the scene script seems to cause a syntax error on line 398

                                              this is the def
                                              the red line is line 398
                                              Code:
                                              def pbCommandMenu(index)
                                                  if [email protected] && @battle.opponent && @battle.midspeech!="" && [email protected]_done
                                                    [email protected]
                                                    [email protected][1]
                                                    if @battle.party2.length>1
                                                      [email protected](@battle.party2)
                                                      canspeak=(val==1) ? true : false
                                                    else
                                                      canspeak=(pokemon.hp oldhp
                                                      pbCommonAnimation("HealthUp",pkmn,nil)
                                                    elsif pkmn.hp < oldhp
                                                      pbCommonAnimation("HealthDown",pkmn,nil)
                                                    end
                                                  end
                                                  [email protected]["battlebox#{pkmn.index}"]
                                                  sprite.animateHP(oldhp,pkmn.hp)
                                                  while sprite.animatingHP
                                                    animateBattleSprites
                                                    pbGraphicsUpdate
                                                    pbInputUpdate
                                                    sprite.update
                                                  end
                                                end
                                                #48    
                                              Old March 27th, 2015 (1:20 PM). Edited March 27th, 2015 by Luka S.J..
                                              Luka S.J.'s Avatar
                                              Luka S.J. Luka S.J. is offline
                                              Jealous Croatian
                                                 
                                                Join Date: Dec 2008
                                                Location: Croatia
                                                Age: 25
                                                Gender: Male
                                                Nature: Adamant
                                                Posts: 1,118
                                                My site sometimes breaks whole chunks of code around the "<" or ">" signs. I reuploaded the script. But since I've added a little something extra, it requires you to get the Scene, AnimationPlayer, UI, Sprite scripts.
                                                Spoiler:
                                                Super Secret Stuff added! If you can find out what, you'll get a cookie!
                                                  #49    
                                                Old March 27th, 2015 (2:27 PM).
                                                kcgcrazy kcgcrazy is offline
                                                   
                                                  Join Date: Nov 2013
                                                  Location: Canada
                                                  Gender: Male
                                                  Posts: 119
                                                  Quote:
                                                  Originally Posted by Luka S.J. View Post
                                                  My site sometimes breaks whole chunks of code around the "<" or ">" signs. I reuploaded the script. But since I've added a little something extra, it requires you to get the Scene, AnimationPlayer, UI, Sprite scripts.
                                                  Spoiler:
                                                  Super Secret Stuff added! If you can find out what, you'll get a cookie!
                                                  yo thanks for quickly adding the new and updated stuff. This script is honestly so great! 10/10
                                                  and i wish i could find out the "Super Secret Stuff" but tbh i have rarely even worked on my game so i havnt tested many battles to figure it out
                                                    #50    
                                                  Old March 27th, 2015 (2:36 PM).
                                                  venom12's Avatar
                                                  venom12 venom12 is offline
                                                  Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
                                                     
                                                    Join Date: Sep 2006
                                                    Age: 27
                                                    Gender: Male
                                                    Nature: Adamant
                                                    Posts: 529
                                                    Quote:
                                                    Originally Posted by Luka S.J. View Post
                                                    My site sometimes breaks whole chunks of code around the "<" or ">" signs. I reuploaded the script. But since I've added a little something extra, it requires you to get the Scene, AnimationPlayer, UI, Sprite scripts.
                                                    Spoiler:
                                                    Super Secret Stuff added! If you can find out what, you'll get a cookie!
                                                    It is a idle effect! I wanna my cookie :D Also great updates dude. :)
                                                    Closed Thread

                                                    Quick Reply

                                                    Join the conversation!

                                                    Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                                    Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                                    Sponsored Links
                                                    Thread Tools

                                                    Posting Rules
                                                    You may not post new threads
                                                    You may not post replies
                                                    You may not post attachments
                                                    You may not edit your posts

                                                    BB code is On
                                                    Smilies are On
                                                    [IMG] code is On
                                                    HTML code is Off

                                                    Forum Jump


                                                    All times are GMT -8. The time now is 6:23 AM.