• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Essentials BW2 Mod

Years
muvamxjt.png

©Luka S.J for the logo
wvtit47i.png

© babydialga for the titlescreen
hjsmdzdx.png

vb8jiqd5.png

d97j8bkx.png

beohq3zg.png

Gif here: http://shiney570.deviantart.com/art/Pokemon-Essentials-BW2-Mod-Trainercard-GIF-521038635

4hffyygh.png

xz32shse.png

Gif here: http://shiney570.deviantart.com/art/Pokemon-Essentials-BW2-Mod-Summary-GIF-522130446?ga_submit_new=10%253A1427144485

y4emjmo7.png

Gif here:http://shiney570.deviantart.com/art/Pokemon-Essentials-BW2-Mod-Location-Window-GIF-523111982

vk24ejfs.png

Gif here: http://shiney570.deviantart.com/art/Pokemon-Essentials-BW2-Mod-Options-GIF-524756338?ga_submit_new=10%253A1428189613

What is this?

This is an AddOn/Modification for the normal Pokémon Essentials.
Since Pokémon Essentials is looking like the 3rd gen. This Modification looks like the 5th gen (Black & White 2)
If you have seen Pokémon Essentials DS (which was produced to remake the 4th gen), this should do the same for the 5th gen.

Features(/upcoming features):

- All BW2 Interfaces adapted to Essentials
- New Costum Scripts like the Season Script, Game Mode Script (which are also included in BW2) and more...
- Mouse & Keyboard Support to all interfaces
- All Interface graphics ripped and used for the interfaces
- A huge graphics resource: tilesets,overworlds,etc.

You just want to "copy" a special interface into your game? Doesn't it work like in other Engines?

No Problem then. Every Script is in a new Script Section above Main. You just need to copy the Script, and the Graphics from the located folder.
- There will be many options in the Settings Script, for example if you don't want to use the Season Script etc. (if you want to use the whole Engine as your "Game Engine")
- This Modification is using a mouse module, but even if you don't have the mouse module, you can use the same script without getting errors, since the script checks, whether the mouse module is installed or not.

- Single Screen?

Yes. Most of the BW2 Intefaces won't need a dual screen, they look empty. for thoose interfaces, using a dual screen I will improvise, so it's looking good in a single Screen.
It's not 100% clear right now, but probably I will switch into the dual screen mode just for the battle system (because a dual screen is almost necessary there).

How far is the progress:

- Game Mode
- GenderSelection
- Save Screen [90%]
- Menu (using an updated version of my public posted script: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=8638367#post8638367 )
- Party Screen [80%]
- Seasons [70%]
- Trainercard (w/ Front,Back- & Badgepage) [90%]
- Location Window
- Bag [70%]

Currently working on:
- Pokedex

Contact me :
- DeviantArt: http://shiney570.deviantart.com/

You want to help?
We need a graphic designer and another scripter would be good too for this project! Please contact me, and we will talk!

Team:
shiney570
Saving Raven

If you are interested in this, please be sure to visit this thread once a week, because I will post all my updates here!

Last edited:

Savordez

It's time to end fangames.
Years
Time to refresh this page every five seconds! Also, being able to choose nuzlocke in the mode selection screen would be pretty radical.

Last edited:
Years
Time to refresh this page every five seconds! Also, being able to choose nuzlocke in the mode selection screen would be pretty radical.

yeah, a nuzlocke wouldn't be a bad idea, but not for now, since i want to "recreate" BW2 :)

NEWS: I got a new member in the team! - venom12314 (Creator of Essentials DS)

Last edited:

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Is this going to be an essentials Gen 5? ie, how essentials tried to modify all of it's menus from gen 4 and gen 3, is this going to modify all of the menus to gen 5, but not be dual screen?
Or is the end result going to be dual screen?
It's looking great so far, and I'd love to see the integration of gen 5 to all the areas of essentials. Whether or not you move to dual screen, this still looks like a great project.

Years
Is this going to be an essentials Gen 5? ie, how essentials tried to modify all of it's menus from gen 4 and gen 3, is this going to modify all of the menus to gen 5, but not be dual screen?
Or is the end result going to be dual screen?
It's looking great so far, and I'd love to see the integration of gen 5 to all the areas of essentials. Whether or not you move to dual screen, this still looks like a great project.

yep that's right. this should going to be an essentials gen 5, and yes i will do this for all areas of essentials^^
i think i wont move to dual screen, since the idea behind this was, that others can improve their interfaces very easily. many interfaces of bw2 dont really need a dual screen, the 2nd screen is just a background picture there.

Years
Whoa, this is sooooooo great. First of all, good work, and you will post the scripts right? I'm soo curious i can't wait to test them. kkkkkk

Long live shiney570. You and your team deserve all the credits. kkkkkkk

Years
Whoa, this is sooooooo great. First of all, good work, and you will post the scripts right? I'm soo curious i can't wait to test them. kkkkkk

Long live shiney570. You and your team deserve all the credits. kkkkkkk

thanks for the great feedback!
i will post the whole engine, when i am done. but it seems like i am alone now. so i need to make all this stuff alone^^

Last edited:

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
thanks for the great feedback!
i will post the whole engine, when i am done. but it seems like i am alone now. so i need to make all this stuff alone^^

I wish you the best of luck - though I might be able to help you (graphically of course, though not much else).

If you'd prefer, I can chat via skype (if I remember correctly we're already added, but I could easily be confusing you with someone).

I've attempted something similar to this before, and would gladly help you out in pursuit of that goal.

Years
I wish you the best of luck - though I might be able to help you (graphically of course, though not much else).

If you'd prefer, I can chat via skype (if I remember correctly we're already added, but I could easily be confusing you with someone).

I've attempted something similar to this before, and would gladly help you out in pursuit of that goal.

wow this is quite amazing, it would be awesome!
just add me on skype, if you haven't already, my name there is "Max" :)

Years
This is actually looking sooooo sick! wish there was some way i could help, but alas i am no good with graphics or scripting. Keep up the great work to you and you team

Back