##above pbDeBugf7 ,BUT OUTSIDE module Input, inside  PokemonSystem
def pbTurbo()  
		if Graphics.frame_rate==40
			Graphics.frame_rate=100
		else
			Graphics.frame_rate=40
		end	
	end
Working, copy paste easy turbo. Works on all screens, but does not keep day/night lighting while in use however.

Pia Carrot

Age 24
Male
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
819 posts
9.1 Years
Cool, looks a ton better than the buggy one I posted ages ago. Especially the fact yours runs on input triggers and not a switch.

Pia Carrot

Age 24
Male
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
819 posts
9.1 Years
I always meant to update the damn thing lol, never got around to it. Sorry it caused issues ^~^'

Anyway, this will come in handy for testing. Thank you.

Male
Seen April 20th, 2014
Posted February 22nd, 2014
50 posts
6.1 Years
Hey, can you help me? I'm trying to add this script but just make it work while in a battle and while pressing control. I don't know how to add this to make work just while battling.
if input.trigger?(Input::CTRL)
        Graphics.frame_rate = 160
    else
        Graphics.frame_rate = 40
end
Click Here to enter my project's Webpage!
Hey guys, Im a Spanish boy. It's hard for me to speak completely good in english, but I'll do my best. Please, don't be too bad with me:(

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian

Age 26
Male
Croatia
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
1,143 posts
10.7 Years
Use Input.press?(key) instead of Input.trigger?(key). The .press? method is what detects whether you're holding the key. The .trigger? method returns true only when the key is pushed down, and only at the beginning.
Male
Seen April 20th, 2014
Posted February 22nd, 2014
50 posts
6.1 Years
Use Input.press?(key) instead of Input.trigger?(key). The .press? method is what detects whether you're holding the key. The .trigger? method returns true only when the key is pushed down, and only at the beginning.
Thanks, but anyway I don't know how to paste the code to work only in battles. Can you help me with that?
Click Here to enter my project's Webpage!
Hey guys, Im a Spanish boy. It's hard for me to speak completely good in english, but I'll do my best. Please, don't be too bad with me:(

KillerMapper

Helix Follower

Male
Paris
Seen August 27th, 2018
Posted January 1st, 2017
200 posts
5 Years
This is really nice and works perfectly! I didn't know it was possible to reach 60FPS on Essentials.

Did someone got to run the game at ~60FPS without accelerating it?

I think gen 5 games ran at 60FPS. Usually Nintendo tends to make their games run at 60FPS when they can.
Praise Helix.

Erassus

Hunter

Age 28
Male
Chile
Seen January 22nd, 2017
Posted January 2nd, 2017
50 posts
4.6 Years
This is really nice and works perfectly! I didn't know it was possible to reach 60FPS on Essentials.

Did someone got to run the game at ~60FPS without accelerating it?

I think gen 5 games ran at 60FPS. Usually Nintendo tends to make their games run at 60FPS when they can.
In RGSS2Compatibility

Line #72 change

Graphics.frame_rate=40
to 60

Enjoy Essentials like PC master race (?)

Damien.aspiring.fandev

Chapter 16 A New Dawn { ||:^❩ )

Age 20
Male
[Mystery Zone] *epic pizzicato arpeggio*
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted December 31st, 2018
960 posts
2.5 Years
does anyone know how to implement this in pokemon essentials 17.2 cause it doesn't seem to be working for me
Greetings, fan-dev in the making!
I'm pretty much still a novice to fan-development, so I know as much as you,
plus I don't know which issue you ran into nor where the script ought be pasted,
not to mention that the script might not function on the most recent 17,2 version.
I thus cannot help with the script BUT, if it's the frames per second increase you
seek for, being myself interested I started digging and... *miniremo noises*
I have a few tips!
Spoiler:
First off, while playing the game (started either through playtest or directly through
executable) try pressing F1 (if you're in a laptop you might need to hold the Fn key
as well). This will bring up the game properties where you'll immediately see
the smooth mode and reduce flickering options. You might wish to toy with those
two settings and see what the outcome is. I tested personally and whereas the smooth
mode ought be mandatory the flickering doesn't offer any visible changes.
If you're on a Windows system, you could also open the task manager (ctrl+alt+delete),
click on details, right-click Game.exe, go to set priority and change said priority.
On my laptop I tried all of these and the game does, seem more fluent, even on
the power conservation mode.

With that out of the way, an other thing you might wish to do if you're trying to increase
the game's standard frame rate is, as an other user already suggested, pressing the
script editor button within R.M.X.P., clicking onto the RGSS2Compatibility section, then
pressing ctrl+F and searching for "Graphics.frame_rate=" (without the quote marks).
The previous user claimed it was on the 72nd line, however I found it on the 67th,
this probably due to the recent updates. Now you oughta be reading
"Graphics.frame_rate=40".
As you may already have assumed, you can change that number to something else.
I tried going for a 60 framerate, however I personally find it too fast and would
suggest rates between 41 and 50... if it wasn't for the fact I get black-screened each
time I trigger a wild encounter at those rates...

Other methods to increase the F.P.S., albeit externally, would be an application called
Cheat Engine or the RM FPS Control.
I tested RM FPS Control as well, and sadly the same black screen issue perpetuates if
when a wild encounter is triggered the framerate is set between 41 and 59.

Hope any of this comes in handy. Cheers!

I am but a tearful clown. Though I smile, I cry inside.
-Clown Lee. Jubilife TV station(Diamond&Pearl)/various pokémon centers through Sinnoh(Platinum)
Want some gen5 apricorn balls?
Advertiser Content