• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Elite Battle 2015: Gen 5 battle skin

Enigmatic Emolga

abandoned account, pls delete if seen
Years
Just found a small glitch with leveling up. It's not game breaking or anything - just an aesthetic bug. In the box that displays how much of a boost each stat gets, the numbers are right next to the stat labels instead of at the other side of the box. This bug also applies when displaying a Pokémon's new stats immediately afterwards. All of the EB scripts in my game are the latest versions.

Screenshots:
74574063af.png

By the way, this script is absolutely amazing. Keep up the good work!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 6, 2018
I'm not sure if these are bugs or if they are intended, so I'll ask and see what you think.

The Elite Battle System in its current state does not seem to support a visual upgrade for the enemybaseSnow, enemybaseSnowGrass, playerbaseSnow or playerbaseSnowGrass. Was this intended or do you have plans for implementing them in the future? The same question can be asked of the "Eve" and "Night" versions of the bases (though I imagine you could leave them the same and it wouldn't hurt the overall appearance).

Second thing I noticed: When you go to select an item, the usual choices are there, but I have noticed that Key Items is not one of the options. Normally this doesn't matter because you can't use most of the items in battle. However, there are items such as the PokeFlute or the Soot Flutes from Ruby/Sapphire that can be used that belong in the Key Items pocket. I was just wondering if that was intended or if I need to adapt my game to accommodate for the way the system works.

Edit: It also looks like you're missing the back animation for the male Frillish. That or I missed it in the graphics somehow...

It looks amazing! Thanks for all of your hard work!

Last edited:

RafaelMaker1

AceTrainerY
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 13, 2015
The same question can be asked of the "Eve" and "Night" versions of some of the bases (though I imagine you could leave them the same and it wouldn't hurt the overall appearance).

Elite Batle System automatically changes the tone of the Battle Background if you select "true" in Outdoor of a Map Metadata in the Editor.

Erassus

I'm back.
Years
I have this graphical bug only with Fletchinder and Shiny ditto.

Not sure what is happening.

sKdtC4Q.jpg

weclFJT.gif

Edit: Also i tested vs a trainer with Shiny Caterpie or whatever shiny pokemon, same happens, so if the trainer have a shiny, the HP hud appears in the upper left screen.

Last edited:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Just found a small glitch with leveling up. It's not game breaking or anything - just an aesthetic bug.
I can't fix something I can't replicate. I don't have this problem.
8a25ee27595f6a192ff8439f3c651d28.png

The Elite Battle System in its current state does not seem to support a visual upgrade for the...
That's not the correct terminology to use. The system supports a visual upgrade for all battlebgs, me not having the graphical resources for it, is a different story. If I had the battlebg and base graphics, I would include them in the resource pack, but since I don't have them, and can't find them, I didn't include them. You can always make your own graphics for the environments...you know...
The same question can be asked of the "Eve" and "Night" versions of the bases (though I imagine you could leave them the same and it wouldn't hurt the overall appearance).
As previously mentioned, the battle scene gets tinted according to the outdoor metadata and time of day.
Second thing I noticed: When you go to select an item, the usual choices are there, but I have noticed that Key Items is not one of the options. Normally this doesn't matter because you can't use most of the items in battle. However, there are items such as the PokeFlute or the Soot Flutes from Ruby/Sapphire that can be used that belong in the Key Items pocket.
Last time I checked, Soot Flutes were not key items. I've updated the UI section anyway, to add use of valid Key items in battle.
Edit: It also looks like you're missing the back animation for the male Frillish. That or I missed it in the graphics somehow...
It's there...
d4555ded4bc10bf2b29dd88b37fce11b.png

I have this graphical bug only with Fletchinder and Shiny ditto.
I've updated the Animations section of the script to fix the bug.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 6, 2018
Last time I checked, Soot Flutes were not key items. I've updated the UI section anyway, to add use of valid Key items in battle.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but both of these links go to the same script and you labeled them as Animations and UI respectively. Just as a heads up to others so they don't clobber their approx. 560 line Animation script with the approx. 1550 line UI script.

Erassus

I'm back.
Years
Not sure why, but Altaria head is broken.

TbNG1ab.png

Comparision:

ORIGINAL from EB Resources:

gjyMVVX.png

Other Source, not Broken:

fjna81u.png

EDIT: Shiny Altaria too.

Last edited:

Erassus

I'm back.
Years
Just found a small glitch with leveling up. It's not game breaking or anything - just an aesthetic bug. In the box that displays how much of a boost each stat gets, the numbers are right next to the stat labels instead of at the other side of the box. This bug also applies when displaying a Pokémon's new stats immediately afterwards. All of the EB scripts in my game are the latest versions.

Screenshots:
74574063af.png

By the way, this script is absolutely amazing. Keep up the good work!

0E7Rmzz.png

This happening to me as well, not sure if is Gen 6 project or what, but i fix that replacing with the original from PokeBattle_Scene, so

Go to EliteBattle_Scene near line #622 an search this

Code:
    self.topRightWindow(_INTL("Max. HP+{1}\r\nAttack+{2}\r\nDefense+{3}\r\nSp. Atk+{4}\r\nSp. Def+{5}\r\nSpeed+{6}",

Replace that with this:

Code:
    self.topRightWindow(_INTL("Max. HP<r>+{1}\r\nAttack<r>+{2}\r\nDefense<r>+{3}\r\nSp. Atk<r>+{4}\r\nSp. Def<r>+{5}\r\nSpeed<r>+{6}",

and then search this

Code:
    self.topRightWindow(_INTL("Max. HP{1}\r\nAttack{2}\r\nDefense{3}\r\nSp. Atk{4}\r\nSp. Def{5}\r\nSpeed{6}",

Replace with this

Code:
    self.topRightWindow(_INTL("Max. HP<r>{1}\r\nAttack<r>{2}\r\nDefense<r>{3}\r\nSp. Atk<r>{4}\r\nSp. Def<r>{5}\r\nSpeed<r>{6}",

Should look like this.

0Ck5rzl.png

And the result:

lfUB8Uu.png

Years
0E7Rmzz.png

This happening to me as well, not sure if is Gen 6 project or what, but i fix that replacing with the original from PokeBattle_Scene, so

Go to EliteBattle_Scene near line #622 an search this

Code:
    self.topRightWindow(_INTL("Max. HP+{1}\r\nAttack+{2}\r\nDefense+{3}\r\nSp. Atk+{4}\r\nSp. Def+{5}\r\nSpeed+{6}",

Replace that with this:

Code:
    self.topRightWindow(_INTL("Max. HP<r>+{1}\r\nAttack<r>+{2}\r\nDefense<r>+{3}\r\nSp. Atk<r>+{4}\r\nSp. Def<r>+{5}\r\nSpeed<r>+{6}",

and then search this

Code:
    self.topRightWindow(_INTL("Max. HP{1}\r\nAttack{2}\r\nDefense{3}\r\nSp. Atk{4}\r\nSp. Def{5}\r\nSpeed{6}",

Replace with this

Code:
    self.topRightWindow(_INTL("Max. HP<r>{1}\r\nAttack<r>{2}\r\nDefense<r>{3}\r\nSp. Atk<r>{4}\r\nSp. Def<r>{5}\r\nSpeed<r>{6}",

Should look like this.

0Ck5rzl.png

And the result:

lfUB8Uu.png

Speed +-19
?

KillerMapper

Helix Follower
Years
I got the same problem too. But I didn't make the last updates yet.

Edit: I don't have gen 6 project yet.

Last edited:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
I think my site may be breaking code, specifically the <r> tags. I'm pretty sure I have those in my project file. I'll try to figure the problem out once I get home. But it's not a gen6 proj problem.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 28, 2017
I've 2 problem, the firs is: Why appear this for a second?
udoV1rv.png

I've add this code after the code for show the shiny animation:
Code:
  if isConst?(@battle.party2[0].species,PBSpecies,:DELTAELEKID) && @battle.battlescene
        pbCommonAnimation("DELTAELEKID",@battle.battlers[1],nil)
      end

And the second problem is: How can i change the position of the trainer after the battle?
RryTBJf.png

Erassus

I'm back.
Years
Speed +-19

?

lfUB8Uu.png

Dont worry my friend. This happened because Volcarona has lvl 50 with Max IV and EV, then i set debug mode to change the level from 50 to 7, so when Volcarona level up's, show's + and -

I got the same problem too. But I didn't make the last updates yet.

Edit: I don't have gen 6 project yet.

Tested in 15.01 fresh essential, yep, same problem, it's \r codes.

ss3Dt6E.png

I think my site may be breaking code, specifically the <r> tags. I'm pretty sure I have those in my project file. I'll try to figure the problem out once I get home. But it's not a gen6 proj problem.

Yes, i'm sorry, is not problem from the Kit base.

I've 2 problem, the firs is: Why appear this for a second?
udoV1rv.png

I've add this code after the code for show the shiny animation:
Code:
  if isConst?(@battle.party2[0].species,PBSpecies,:DELTAELEKID) && @battle.battlescene
        pbCommonAnimation("DELTAELEKID",@battle.battlers[1],nil)
      end

Luka fixed the Shiny problem, you need to update your Scene and Animations section.

Last edited:

KillerMapper

Helix Follower
Years
I noticed something about the pokéballs. If me (or a trainer) sends out a Pokémon caught in a specific ball (great ball, ultra ball... basically all balls except the pokéball), I always see the basic pokéball in the sent out animation. Either for my pokémons or trainer pokémons. I checked in my pokémon resume to confirm that it was caught by another ball than the pokéball.

Other thing: I would like to know how is the camera position handled with the move animation. The Gust animation isn't correctly placed (the camera focus the pokémon using it while the gust is on the target pokémon) and I would like to fix it, and know how to make new adapted animations.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
And the second problem* is: How can i change the position of the trainer after the battle?
*That's not a "problem"
Look in the def pbShowOpponent and make your changes accordingly.
Tested in 15.01 fresh essential, yep, same problem, it's \r codes.
I don't know how to fix the actual site, so I made some adjustments to the Scene script, so that it doesn't get broken.
I noticed something about the pokéballs. If me (or a trainer) sends out a Pokémon caught in a specific ball (great ball, ultra ball... basically all balls except the pokéball), I always see the basic pokéball in the sent out animation.
4275ec00d599cd47244c04ca9c3824d0.png

My balls seem to be fine.
Other thing: I would like to know how is the camera position handled with the move animation.
The positioning of the scene gets handled through the @vector variable. The animation player uses the @vector.set function to set the next vector to which the current vector will move. Move animations, as with stock Essentials get handled in the def pbAnimationCore. To figure out how the @vector works, I suggest looking at the Math portion of the scripts. Vector movement is not currently handled per move, but rather the move animation type and the index of the user and target Pokemon. I'll look into why Gust does not behave the way it should when used by the opponent, but if the move is coded to behave like the rest of the regular moves, the animation should be played in the same manner.

Back