• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Olympics Suggestion Box

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
I was thinking about JP challenges, and a challenge in which you have to write a heist with someone else would be fun, I think. Like, have a set bank or building, with certain guidelines, guards, security system, and then have people create characters and JP. And the characters can be everything, from magic users to catburglars. I think It'll be fun. The different characters would give very different approaches to the same heist, so I think it'll be fun.

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
Years
I have no idea what "JPs" means.

It needs to be with others. You know, like what a roleplay actually is?

From what I saw, everything with the last one was basically fanfiction writing where you did it on your own with no participation from other members.

There's no need to emphasize your points with italics we understand what you're saying perfectly fine without that needless factor.

RP is Role Play, Role Play is a term used to describe the act of an individual taking on the role of another, usually a fictional character and acting out their actions. Role Play is most often used as a reference to video games, board games, acting and "LARP" (Live action Role Play).

Written role play is as such defined as the act of writing out the actions and the perspective of a specific character in a post by post format, as opposed to the writing of fiction, which is the act of writing out a story through the perspective of one or multiple characters and encompassing the actions of what is generally a very large variety of individuals.

At times, Role Play is synonymous with fiction, sometimes it is not depending on the content of a post. However the only requirement of "RP" is that one writes a post featuring a single character and focuses on said characters actions and perspective.

A JP, since you may still be unsure, is a special RP post where multiple RPers contribute their characters perspective in order to create a single tidy entry. It allows more efficient interaction between multiple writers and allows large IC events to be carried out in an efficient manner and not across ten + short posts.

Hopefully this definition clears it up for most people. Role Play is often enjoyed with multiple individuals, however it does not necessarily require them. The JP events, should they go ahead will serve to test the cooperative aspects of RP, other events will presumably focus more on the writers individual skills. We do our RPs in groups, but we usually create posts all by ourselves... in a test to ascertain the writing talent of an individual, the cooperative and group aspects of the hobby are completely irrelevant.

At the end of the day, RP is just fiction (note: fiction, NOT fanfiction, since it often involves original characters and settings) often with other people and a few extra conditions.

If individual testing is not acceptable to you, then perhaps the RPO just isn't your gig, ya dig? I hope this cleared up any confusion. ^^

*Clears throat.*​

Now then, personally I love the idea of JP events. Perhaps two of them?

The romantic idea suggested by Apotheosis might be a two person JP event... and the heist event suggested by Ice might work better a 3+ event? Just my two cents on the topic.

Last edited:

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Now then, personally I love the idea of JP events. Perhaps two of them?

The romantic idea suggested by Apotheosis might be a two person JP event... and the heist event suggested by Ice might work better a 3+ event? Just my two cents on the topic.

I'd say keep it at 2. It's hard enough to plan a JP, and timezones start being a big problem at 3 people. I think turn out will be way bigger with groups of 2, because less groups of three can be formed because of restraints.

Back