• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Fighting-type Dojo!

Zoroark Cutie

The Illusion Fox Skyfarer
Years
Welcome to PokéCommunity's official Fighting-type Dojo! This is a place to talk about your favorite Fighting-type Pokémon and moves!

The Fighting-Type VIP Dojo

Rules
Global Pokécommunity rules and section rules apply.

Be respectful to others.

Talk about Fighting-type related topics only; Pokémon species, moves, Abilities, anime, manga, TCG and so on.

Stay active, you came here for fun, right?

Don't spam, troll, or flame other members about their opinions; Always encourage discussion in a positive manner.

We encourage healthy and intellectual debates, however.

Member can be only partnered with basic or baby forms of Fighting-type Pokémon at the beginning. However, this does not include Shiny Pokémon, Legendary or basic Pokémon with a Mega Evolution.

Have fun!

How to be part of the dojo?

Make an introduction, you can make it formal or casual; try to be creative!

Fighting-type Pokémon

iCTvpTS.png
g5eiieW.png
vVrsOHp.png
yfREfUm.png
1sPGuZh.png

jjmglh8.png
hxKCiLM.png
byvQ3jc.png
6pHKsTp.png
pe9AFSs.png

btZJMOi.png
4HzRwZF.png
fIFUOia.png
tUMOn06.png
aCOUICo.png

6FX3ZQm.png
u6SOecu.png
Zm9SuGy.png
OJPbA1J.png
hCR4A5y.png

u2Zs6dN.png
loHlQxi.png
lteMQuY.png
qeveS3I.png

mPZP8NQ.png
oDgNyM6.png
epzg7bj.png
RDNy7uz.png

ViBl9rF.png
xqY26TH.png
Zcw0wVc.png
UGJ2thC.png

yIYyeBk.png
RIkrajO.png
C4wGOjL.png
LjFqwmq.png
tTDF3XP.png

NgkTY0M.png
fD6VEur.png
Gc1xQOi.png
RaCsT4k.png
b9S9jcM.png

apZqryZ.png
fDEJFgD.png
aufIrTZ.png
rNy6JpE.png
H0FtFCe.png

L7Q3IBV.png
K6F3To1.png
Ajr9Fuz.png
dVc8Vd7.png
KraqCl2.png
jYuPAxR.png

All Gen VI related sprites credits to (XY Sprite Project: Pixel Perfect) @ Smogon

Member list
Pancham Cutie
Spoiler:

KorpiklaaniVodka
Spoiler:

Dedenne1
Spoiler:

Spoony6205
Spoiler:

Raydeon
Spoiler:

KetsuekiR
Spoiler:

Sun
Spoiler:

Kaneki!!!
Spoiler:

Fighting Master Maylene
Spoiler:

FireSnow
Spoiler:

freakyladymoonbeam
Spoiler:

Club Shops
Pokemon Shop
Spoiler:

Item Shop
Spoiler:

Badge Shop
Spoiler:

Pokémon Clash
Two Pokémon are pitted against each other, members must answer at least five fun, weird or cute trivial questions.

Finally the members must vote for a Pokémon that should win the CLASH, by their own set of definitions.

There are 2 modes
Majority Rules
Guess Mode

#1. Pancham VS Riolu (Guess Mode)
#2. Timburr VS Machop (Guess Mode)
#3. Gallade VS Medicham (Cross Clash; Majority Rules)
#4. Scrafty VS Pangoro (Majority Rules)
#5. Hitmonlee VS Hitmonchan (Guess Mode)
#6. Blaziken vs. Infernape (Guess Mode)
#7. Emboar vs. Chesnaught (Guess Mode)
#8. Heracross vs. Hawlucha (Guess Mode)
#9. Toxicroak vs. Lucario (Guess Mode)

Cross Clash refers to 2 or more clubs getting involved in a crossover CLASH, hence the name.

Keep in mind, no need to be serious over CLASH, it's meant for pure fun

Last edited:
Reactions: Sun

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
ehhh why not

FIGHTING type Veteran: AmourPearlShipper
Your FIGHTING type Pokemon partner: Terrakion
Reason for joining the Dojo (Club): well... I like Fighting-types lol
Answers to some current topics:

2. What was your first FIGHTING type Pokemon? Explain.
Mankey on Route 23 in FRLG, it was my first playthrough and I had bulbasaur at Lv12 or something as well as a Spearow and a Pidgey, and I caught it because I thought it looks cool.
4. What's your favorite FIGHTING type move? Why?
Close Combat. Strong move with almost no risks, and even mons such as Arcanine and Staraptor get it.
5. Which generation had the best FIGHTING type Pokemon? Why?
Gen 5. Keldeo, Terrakion, Conkeldurr, Emboar, Virizion and Cobalion. Do I even need to explain?

as for machamp:
1. Have you ever used it competitively or in-game?
Yeah, competitively.
2. What do you think of the overall design of Machamp?
pretty decent
3. How is Machamp different from other FIGHTING type Pokemon?
It has a 100% accurate move in DynamicPunch thanks to No Guard as well as a decent special defense stat. It also has Bullet Punch and Heavy Slam, to 2HKO some fairies.
4. What were your thoughts when you first discovered it?
I don't remember.
5. What's the best move it has?
DynamicPunch, lol.

VillageofDragons

On hiatus from PC forever
Years
ehhh why not

FIGHTING type Veteran: AmourPearlShipper
Your FIGHTING type Pokemon partner: Terrakion
Reason for joining the Dojo (Club): well... I like Fighting-types lol
Answers to some current topics:

2. What was your first FIGHTING type Pokemon? Explain.
Mankey on Route 23 in FRLG, it was my first playthrough and I had bulbasaur at Lv12 or something as well as a Spearow and a Pidgey, and I caught it because I thought it looks cool.
4. What's your favorite FIGHTING type move? Why?
Close Combat. Strong move with almost no risks, and even mons such as Arcanine and Staraptor get it.
5. Which generation had the best FIGHTING type Pokemon? Why?
Gen 5. Keldeo, Terrakion, Conkeldurr, Emboar, Virizion and Cobalion. Do I even need to explain?

as for machamp:
Yeah, competitively.
2. What do you think of the overall design of Machamp?
pretty decent
3. How is Machamp different from other FIGHTING type Pokemon?
It has a 100% accurate move in DynamicPunch thanks to No Guard as well as a decent special defense stat. It also has Bullet Punch and Heavy Slam, to 2HKO some fairies.
I don't remember.
DynamicPunch, lol.

Hey there, AmourPearlShipper! Thanks for joining the club! I'll add you to the member's list now. Also interesting that you chose the four musketeer Pokemon as some of the best fighting types. They together are the most FIGHTING type legendary Pokemon introduced in one generation. I also find it interesting your first fighting type was a Mankey, since that was Ash's first FIGHTING type Pokemon in the anime. Did you train it and evolve it into a Primeape during your journey?

Also posting a filled out sign-up form of my own just for reference:

Username: VillageofDragons
Your FIGHTING type nickname (Choose one of the following: FIGHTING type Senpai, FIGHTING type Student, FIGHTING type Master, FIGHTING type Veteran, or FIGHTING type Sensei): FIGHTING type Senpai
Your FIGHTING type Pokemon partner (You can choose only one): Gallade/Mega Gallade
Reason for joining the Dojo (Club): I am the founder and leader of it, lol
Answer to any one of the current topics: See below

1. What made you love FIGHTING type Pokemon? I absolutely adore how strong FIGHTING type Pokemon are. They have wide ranges of movepools, and half of them can even learn Rock type moves too which can counter their Flying type weaknesses. They also learn many powerful attack moves such as Close Combat, and Dynamic Punch

2. What was your first FIGHTING type Pokemon? Explain. My first FIGHTING type Pokemon was Infernape on Pokemon Diamond. Pokemon Diamond was the first game I played Pokemon-wise, and my starter I chose was Chimchar. I raised it along with other Pokemon all the way to level 100, and I still have my Infernape to this day.

3. Who is your favorite FIGHTING type Pokemon user? It's got to be Marshal of the Elite Four in Unova. He's just so strong and he's the direct pupil of Alder so he trains right under the champion. Marshal has a nice variety of FIGHTING type Pokemon that are able to land big hits on your Pokemon if you're not careful

4. What's your favorite FIGHTING type move? Why? My favorite FIGHTING type move has got to be Close Combat. It's an essential FIGHTING type move for Pokemon to learn if they can, and can be used several times before its power starts to weaken.

5. Which generation had the best FIGHTING type Pokemon? Why? IMO the generation had the best FIGHTING type Pokemon was generation 4. This generation introduced Lucario AND Gallade, some of the strongest FIGHTING type Pokemon you'll find, and they even have their own mega evolutions now, 2 generations later.

6. What's your opinion on the four FIGHTING type Starters (Final forms) we have? (Blaziken, Infernape, Emboar, and Chestnaught) Which one is your favorite and why? I think they are all unique in their own way, except for Emboar which seems like a Fire/Fighting type combination done on too many times. Chestnaught is a nice change though because it's Grass/Fighting. I like Blaziken cause it has an awesome mega evoltuion and appears in the anime several times under a trainer named Blaziken mask. Infernape I will always have a biased likable opinion for since it was my first Pokemon (Well Chimchar was, but you get the point). Blaziken also does well with its speed boost ability, and Infernape's stats are pretty good and well rounded.

Now for the Machamp questions

1. Have you ever used it competitively or in-game? I've used it in-game once I think for awhile, but never competitively.

2. What do you think of the overall design of Machamp? I think it's awesome! Especially how it walks on two feet, and has four arms to punch with. That's a lot of fast, blinding punches!

3. How is Machamp different from other FIGHTING type Pokemon? It's one of the only FIGHTING type Pokemon that is a biped, and has four arms as opposed to a different amount of limbs in different FIGHTING type Pokemon.

4. What were your thoughts when you first discovered it? I thought it was awesome. It's an exceptionally strong Pokemon with a nice movepool that is still used competitively to this day. The only downside is that you need to have more than one video game system to trade your Machoke to the other and back so that it evolves into Machamp.

5. What's the best move it has? Dynamic Punch, as stated above. Its ability allows it to make good work of this move.

Last edited:

VillageofDragons

Years
- Uses Sky Uppercut to bump thread to the top of the forum section -

Bump!

We need more members! The only way more conversation about FIGHTING type Pokemon is to be had, is by getting more members. Hiya!

VillageofDragons

Years
-Fight for the right to Fight! Points System added! Check it out!
-Fight for the right to Fight! Points Shop added! Check it out!
-Fight for the right to Fight! Points Leader board added! Check it out!
-Fight for the right to Fight! Raffle Contest added! Check it out!
-Fight for the right to Fight! Hall of FIGHTING Fame added! Check it out!
-Fight for the right to Fight! Sign-ups edited with Club Campaign Member term used to better reflect other type-based threads!

It's been 7 days, so it's time for a new FIGHTING type Pokemon Of The Week (POTW)!

~FIGHTING type POTW~​

e7m7tj.png

Infernape

Its crown of fire is indicative of its fiery nature. It is beaten by none in terms of quickness. It tosses its enemies around with agility. It uses all its limbs to fight in its own unique style. So here it is, the Fight for the right to Fight! Pokemon Dojo/Club POTW Entry #2, Infernape

2. What do you think of the overall design of Infernape?

3. How is Infernape different from other FIGHTING type Pokemon?

5. What's the best move it has?​

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
Yeah, both competitively and in-game.
Really cool.
It's very versatile, with mixed 104/104 attacking stats (it hits harder than Mega Diancie when holding a Life Orb!) and a huge movepool which allows it to go defensive, mixed, physical (Swords Dance) or special (Nasty Plot)
Just by looking at its design, I knew it was gonna be a good starter.
I'd say Flare Blitz.

VillageofDragons

Years
Yeah, both competitively and in-game.
Really cool.
It's very versatile, with mixed 104/104 attacking stats (it hits harder than Mega Diancie when holding a Life Orb!) and a huge movepool which allows it to go defensive, mixed, physical (Swords Dance) or special (Nasty Plot)
Just by looking at its design, I knew it was gonna be a good starter.
I'd say Flare Blitz.

That's interesting. Yeah, I always knew its stats were pretty balanced. It's a fun Pokemon to use. :)

That's 100 more points for you :)

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
Yeah I feel like Mixed Infernape is quite underrated competitively because it hits fairly hard with a set of Fire Blast/Close Combat/Gunk Shot/HP Ice and is fairly fast, although it fails to reach 110 speed.

VillageofDragons

Years
Yeah I feel like Mixed Infernape is quite underrated competitively because it hits fairly hard with a set of Fire Blast/Close Combat/Gunk Shot/HP Ice and is fairly fast, although it fails to reach 110 speed.

Yeah, it's definitely underrated, but it's great to use.

Also, I'm going to be editing this post soon with a new POTW! :)

VillageofDragons

Years
Don't think I've forgotten about this club! It's getting pretty quiet in here, so it's time for a new POTW! :)

~Fighting Type POTW~

2rdi6c4.jpg
2znn5sm.jpg

Lucario, and Mega Lucario

By catching the aura emanating from others, it can read their thoughts and movements. By reading the auras of all things it can tell how others are feeling from over half a mile away. So here it is, the Fight for the right to Fight! A Pokemon Dojo/Club POTW Entry #3, Lucario and Mega Lucario

1. Have you ever used it competitively or in game?

2. What do you think of the overall design of Lucario and Mega Lucario?

3. How is Lucario different from other FIGHTING type Pokemon?

4. What did you think about the arc it got in the Pokemon Anime under Pokemon Gym Leader Korrina's control? Did you watch the episodes based on her trying to master its mega evolution?

5. What's the best move it has?​

I look forward to the replies! :)

VillageofDragons

Years
It looks a little dead in here so it's time for a new topic!

The new topic is this: Make your own Fighting type move! (Totally not copied from AmourPearlShipper's thread :P)

Format (Just enter the fields below, copy and paste it! :

Name of move:
Move type (Physical Attack, Special Attack, Status move):
Move power (Make it reasonable lol):
Short description of move:

The winner with the made move I find most interesting will get 150 points right off the bat! :)

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
About Lucario:

I like its Swords Dance set competitively. With access to Close Combat and ExtremeSpeed, it makes for a fine late-game sweeper, due to its good attack stat which is enough for it to break walls at +2. Also, its mega is ridiculously powerful, due to Adaptability and 112 speed, and it got banned last year.

Tbh, however, Lucario is kinda overrated...

VillageofDragons

Years
About Lucario:

I like its Swords Dance set competitively. With access to Close Combat and ExtremeSpeed, it makes for a fine late-game sweeper, due to its good attack stat which is enough for it to break walls at +2. Also, its mega is ridiculously powerful, due to Adaptability and 112 speed, and it got banned last year.

Tbh, however, Lucario is kinda overrated...

Thanks for replying to the POTW! Updating your total points now :)

VillageofDragons

Years
I'm giving a special thanks to Dedenne1 who took their valuable time to help make me a CSS background for this club's OP! Check it out and enjoy it people!

Thank you so much for putting the effort in to help me with this, Dedenne1. I really appreciate it. :)

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
A good CSS template attracts new members and so you gain one, Senpai! {XD}

Username: Unapologetic Sunflower
Your FIGHTING type nickname (Choose one of the following: FIGHTING type Senpai, FIGHTING type Student, FIGHTING type Master, FIGHTING type Veteran, or FIGHTING type Sensei): Student
Your Fighting Type Club Campaign Partner (You can choose only one): Timburr
Reason for joining the Dojo (Club): Fighting-type is actually a very popular type, at least according to the metagame tier. Currently Mega Lucario, Blaziken and its Mega Evolution stands firmly in the Uber tier. Notably Blaziken the first starter ever to do so. So who wouldn't want to join a club filled with strong and muscly Pokémon.
Answer to any one of the current topics:

I have used a Lucario in my Diamond Team rerun for XY countdown.
Back when Lucario was first reveal, it looks completely new -- as in something that is unique and never seen in the franchise, I thought it was a legendary Pokémon! Mega Lucario even brought this this to a higher level. It's a hella well designed Pokémon if you ask me.
It's has a design of a canine. {XD} Half-joking there. On a serious note, Lucario has the honor of first Steel-type and Fighting-type Pokémon, it was really unique at that time. It also learns Shadow Ball, Psychic and it's one of the Special-based offensive Fighting Pokémon, rather than heavily relying on Physical moves like the traditional Fighting Pokémon.
4. What did you think about the arc it got in the Pokemon Anime under Pokemon Gym Leader Korrina's control? Did you watch the episodes based on her trying to master its mega evolution?
I haven't watched the anime for long. However, I recall Maylene, a Sinnoh-type Fighting Gym Leader, has Lucario as her signature Pokémon. It acts strictly/like a mentor to Maylene in the anime.
Aura Sphere. It's almost its signature move. It's handy for its perfect accuracy, as well as for its relatively high base power. Most notably Aura Sphere is one of the rare Special Fighting-type moves.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
who made that gorgeous css? well i may as well join now!
Username:
Your FIGHTING type nickname: Veteran
Your Fighting Type Club Campaign Partner: Riolu
Reason for joining the Dojo (Club): I love fighting types although i dont always use them theyre very helpful against normal and rock types..especially chanseys.
Answer to any one of the current topics:

Yep in game and competitively (:

I like it im still alittle unsure of his megas design as it could be better but Lucario himself has an awesome design.

Well besides him being part steel he has a deep connection with Aura is showcased in a movie occasionally is known to use telepathy and is obviously very powerful.

Well i missed an episode obviously...

Honestly im disagreeing with US only cause ive used it competitively the best move you can use with him would be power up punch because his stats are most focused on physical attacks rather than Spatk and power up punch is a great asset with lucario in that way although there are multiple other physical moves that may better fit him depending on what set you want to run. :)

Back