• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shiny Badge Quest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
I wanna join!!! I just got my shiny mudkip after 787 SRs!!! Do I have to catch another shiny before the first gym or is my mudkip good for the first gym???
User: nick_rupee
Game: Alpha Sapphire
Ign: RUPEE

Mudkip would be for the first gym. If you'd like, you can go for another shiny. I've seen people do every gym plus rival battle/evil team "boss" battle.

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
So while trying to get some money for repels and trying to get a surskit, I ended up encountering another seedot that was shiny. Of course it would be before the 5th gym.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 5, 2016
Username: SoftAirGaming
Game: Heartgold
Difficulty: Super

So... the other day I found a shiny cyndaquil after about 1,500 resets, so I'm gonna roll with it.

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
After a few long months, I have finally finished my SBQ for my OR (the main story). Now it's time to get my last shiny for the zinnia battle. Current shiny mons:
Swampert
Hariyama
Shiftry
Altaria
Masquirain
Camerupt
Seedot
Magikarp
Oddish
Azelf
Terrakion
Voltorb
Shroomish

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 5, 2016
Congrats, I'm still stuck trying to get a shiny Gastly in the sprout tower, which has taken more than a few thousand attempts so far...

Tarro57

Shiny Hunter
Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen May 15, 2016
I think I'm gonna do this, going after a shiny starter anyways, so why not?
Name: Tarro57
Game: Soul Silver Standard (All 16 badges, 1 for E4, and 1 for Red)
As I stated at the beginning, currently working on the starter, whoever shines is who I'll use. Not keeping track of SRs or REs, too much work :/ Wish me luck!

Tarro57

Shiny Hunter
Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen May 15, 2016
Well, it finally happened. After a week of SRing, my first shiny for my badge quest appeared, and I am so happy to say that it just happens to be what will be my favorite Pokemon. My heart nearly bumped out of my chest when I saw the shiny Totodile! It's so beautiful! I'll post pictures tomorrow!

Tarro57

Shiny Hunter
Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen May 15, 2016
Excuse the double post, but I'm gonna do another BQ.
Username: Tarro
Game: Y Normal

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
I might join this later on for a run of Pokemon Black. Also wouldn't HG/SS G/S/C be the easiest seeing as it gives you a free shiny Garadose that kicks butt?

Here is my sign up but I can't start yet doing a challenge on my black game already.

Username: Obsideon
Game: Black
Challenge type: Standard!

Can't wait tell I can start I have always wanted a shiny Snivy.

Oh and can I added a rule for my challenge? That my team has to have only shiny Pokemon. HM slaves excluded of course!

P.S. Just so you know random encounter shiny Pokemon are a lot more common in 3rd gen games. (Looks at shiny Linoone, Spinda, and Weedle from Emerald and Fire Red!) So if you are doing a Hoenn run you can decide to go with megas and have a harder time finding shiny Pokemon or you can go without them and an easier time finding shiny Pokemon.

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
Hey there, just thought I would let you know that I restarted my challenge on Omega Ruby. I don't remember why I stopped with Alpha Sapphire, but here's hoping I can play all the way through Omega Ruby without quitting :]

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
Ok nvm I am going to do this on platinum! So discard that other sign up.

Username: Obsideon
Game(s): Platinum
Game mode: Standard
Optional rules: I can only use shiny Pokemon. HM slaves excluded.

Years
Progress at last! After around 40 hours of soft resetting I finally got myself a shiny Mudkip! ^^
I'm so happy and looking forward to playing with him! He's so cute, not sure if I'm going to evolve him, will see how we get on! Let the adventure begin!

Spoiler:

Years
So as you would expect, Mudkip breezed through the first gym! We then continued our journey together, picking up a new companion, a shiny Zigzagoon, on the way! Again, Mudkip made short work of the second gym and for some extra fun, made a glorious start to a career as a Contest star! We are currently on our way to Mauville City and wondering which shiny friend we shall meet next!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 5, 2016
Well, I just re-bought AS and will be resetting for a shiny starter--and want to learn to DexNav on top of that--so why not?

Username: asphodel
Game: Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back