• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film Last Movie You Watched?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
Final Destination 3. Surprisingly, I don't think I watched this one. Makes me want to watch the entire series.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Hellboy II - The Golden Army.

I really, really, really want this franchise to complete its story.

Ron Pearlman and Guillermo Del Toro wants to finish it aswell. They said if the sequel to Pacific Rim does amazingly in the box office, Hellboy 3 is a go.

On another note, last movie I watched was From Dusk Till Dawn. Great movie collab by Robert Rodriguez & Quentin Tarantino. I really loved it.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 4, 2018
Under Wraps

One of my fave movies I watched growing up. I wish movies were still like this on Disney Channel. </3

天 (Caine)

Flower Child
Years
Full Metal Jacket

This movie... it's amazing. I love the beginning with the boot camp.

I adore Stanley Kubrick. The film was unintentionally funny and I'll admit that I laughed hard at some of R. Lee Ermy lines. Most of it was improve too, wasn't it?

In celebration of an early Halloween, I watched John Carpenter's "Halloweeen". I consider it to be one of the best horror films of all time, it's right up there with Alfred Hitchcock's "Psycho".

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
Years
I just got home from the premiere of The Intern. I thought it was nice. Anne Hathaway is simply goals.

I love the comedy in the film, which thinly veils ageism as well as sexism in the corporate world (and well the generally broader picture of the world tbqh). There are also philosophical undercurrents such as the born-into-technology generation and how the fast pace of life may have instilled an impulsive "jumping the gun" sort of social reflex. I like the little character romance arcs that thankfully didn't take away from the film. I always got The Devil Wears Prada flashbacks but only at a facile level - the storyline and setting is far from cutthroat corporate drama. All in all, quite a nice experience for the cinemas and I would definitely prefer this over the mad-saturated ultra-exposed Maze Runner garbage.

maccrash

foggy notion
Years
I adore Stanley Kubrick. The film was unintentionally funny and I'll admit that I laughed hard at some of R. Lee Ermy lines. Most of it was improve too, wasn't it?
I'd say a lot of it was intentionally funny! lots of Emery's lines had clear comedic intent and when they actually get to Vietnam it turns very satirical, especially the scenes with the TV interviewers -- those are all very funny, maybe not laugh-out-loud humor but it's incredibly witty and smart. that being said it's nowhere near my favorite Kubrick film -- that first 45 minutes is killer, but after that, it's just okay, kinda. it's good, not great, imo.

pkmin3033

...hmmmmmmm. As far as reboots go, this wasn't TOO bad. It was forty minutes too long - it had a horribly slow, rambly start - and there wasn't enough monsters bashing the crap out of one another, but it was still pretty good. Godzilla's chubbiness was more than made up for due to the fact that he could use Hyper Beam. I've seen worse.

天 (Caine)

Flower Child
Years
I watched "The Thaw" last night. It was really reminiscent of Carpenter's "The Thing" but I enjoyed it. It's scary if you're squeamish or have a bug phobia, but a lot of it has been done before and done better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back