• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Phoenix Rising

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 29, 2021
Keeping up the high quality I see. Makes me want to go and revamp all my tile textures haha.
LP mode looks really useful as well. Keep it up Gav & the team

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
New screenshots are looking great! I love the look of Ilacia City.

Now, I think the "LP Mode" is a unique feature, but I'm not too hot on the look of it. You use really nice, smooth textures, but I don't know. It just doesn't seem to fit the pixelated look the rest of the game has (from what I've seen). Maybe you could do something to make it look more like that?

COOLTRAINER♂

Speedball 2: Brutal Vanilluxe
Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2019
I wouldn't sacrifice the readability of the screen to stick to a corny pixel art style personally. It certainly matches the style (and far exceeds the polish) of overlays and sidebars I've seen in popular LPs/streams of Pokemon.

Last edited:
Years
Noticing this project was one of the primary reasons why I decided to join PC, I'd like to keep closer tabs on it. Speaking from someone who's been around ROM hacks and fangames for several years and having ideas for one myself, I really do like the mount of polish this has in comparison to other Pokémon fangames I've seen(then again that number is still low). Also really digging the musical motif this has going on, little touches like that are cute, haha.

Like the concept of an LP Mode, but I also agree that as it stands it looks a bit too different from the main game. (I personally wouldn't use myself, I'm not too big on fluff unless I have reason to use it, but the gesture is really cool all the same)

I wish there were something I could do to contribute to this but I have a killer personal backload. All the same, hope things go well for this project!

Wayne18

ACE Trainer
Years
Keep Up the awesome work, can't wait to play it when it comes out in the future

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
New screenshots are looking great! I love the look of Ilacia City.

Now, I think the "LP Mode" is a unique feature, but I'm not too hot on the look of it. You use really nice, smooth textures, but I don't know. It just doesn't seem to fit the pixelated look the rest of the game has (from what I've seen). Maybe you could do something to make it look more like that?

Noticing this project was one of the primary reasons why I decided to join PC, I'd like to keep closer tabs on it. Speaking from someone who's been around ROM hacks and fangames for several years and having ideas for one myself, I really do like the mount of polish this has in comparison to other Pokémon fangames I've seen(then again that number is still low). Also really digging the musical motif this has going on, little touches like that are cute, haha.

Like the concept of an LP Mode, but I also agree that as it stands it looks a bit too different from the main game. (I personally wouldn't use myself, I'm not too big on fluff unless I have reason to use it, but the gesture is really cool all the same)

I wish there were something I could do to contribute to this but I have a killer personal backload. All the same, hope things go well for this project!

As stated in the announcement, you can make your own themes as well as choose from a number of currently created ones. You'll be able to download themes created by others and use them for yourself. So if you don't like the current theme, it shouldn't be a problem.

I also forgot to reveal our new Rival (Gavin has been scrapped completely). This is Perrin, they are a traveler and native of another region known as Estelia.

NWdqYOp.png

Years
Ah, missed the note about having adjustable themes. Very good, then, I'm sure I could find one that I'd be comfortable with.

New rival looks sick ill, gotta respect one who's ace is the all American Pokémon!

Years
I just started following this project recently thanks to my friend (Shout outs to Mr. Alex Night) and wow this looks...uh...wow I think this is the first time I've been at a loss for words.
This is one of the coolest projects I've seen in the community, the LP mode especially excites me cause I've always wanted to take a crack at being a pokemon person like Natewantstobattle or ShadyPenguin.
question: will all the currently existing Megas be in the game (please don't take Mega Beedrill from me good sir)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
question: will all the currently existing Megas be in the game (please don't take Mega Beedrill from me good sir)
Thank you for the comments! And the answer is that they will be, unfortunately Beedrill is not in our Regional Dex, sorry about that!

This month's releases:
  • Regional Pokédex
  • Release Details
  • Oracle Regan
  • Mega Froslass

Regional Pokédex
Spoiler:

Release Details
I had hoped to write an open letter some time ago, however what I wished to talk about needed to be postponed slightly. We get a lot of questions regarding when the game will come out, if it will be a beta, demo, or full release and if there will be any form of testing.

First of all, I want to quell some expectations. While I can honestly say some of the most talented people I know work with me on Pokémon: Phoenix Rising; we remain a group of amateurs in the games industry. We work on this game in our spare time, and while our team is large not all of us contribute daily, weekly, or even monthly. Some of us are a lot more involved, but everyone has their very important role on the team. Due to this, development can't, and never will be, as smooth and quick as official games. We do this for free when we have time and we're doing our best to show fans that we are dedicated and wish to deliver a game you'll all enjoy. When it boils down to it, we still remain human and this is something we do out of passion, and we can't thank you all enough for being supportive and extremely patient.

Due to popular demand, we will be releasing a "demo" in 2016. The tentative date for this release will be Early 2016, and we're working hard to get this to you as early as possible. We're calling this "Pokémon: Phoenix Rising Episode: 1". In total the base game is anticipated to have a total of 2 episodes. In future we hope to create more if people enjoy the game.

Beta testing will begin in a few months and we will be opening methods to the public to be involved. More information on this to come later.

To summarise:

• Pokémon: Phoenix Rising Episode 1 being worked on for Early 2016, final date to come once the episode is ready. This will be partial to the full release we aim to finish.

• Beta testing will be starting in a few months, and we will be giving a certain amount of fans a chance to get involved. Pokémon: Phoenix Rising is very ambitious in what we're trying to achieve as a fan game. So we hope that our hard work will be met with your continued support and patience. We'll work hard to get Episode 1 to you in Early 2016, we'll be sure to let you know when we have a date as soon as we're ready to reveal one.

Oracle Regan
Regan_Announcement.png

Phone Wallpaper

Mega Froslass

announcement_megaFros_detail.png

Something I forgot to upload was this developer video regarding Xbox 360 Controller support.

That's it for today, thanks for reading!

nemesish

Azure Trainer
Years
Talonflame, Rhyperior, Haxorus, Magmortar, 4 pseudo-legendaries and a nice choice of legendaries.
That´s a good Regional dex for me. (Sadly, no Electivire/Kingdra)

And that Mega-Lass... wow!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 5, 2024
This looks really professional, from the art to the graphics and everything.

I'll definitely have to follow this, especially with all these favorites of mine in the regional roster.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
This isn't much in the way of an update, we're working steadily on our release for early next year (fingers crossed!) still. However I teased a screenshot from the lab area as we updated the tiles from a previous screenshot released for it. Without further adieu, here's a snippet of  Professor Lotus' Lab.

5d5tLcC.gif

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Tiles are looking great! The amount of detail you're putting into this is really inspiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back