• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Modular Title Screen

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Luka, this is awesome man. Really appreciate this script and I think it is a really nice one for Essentials and the community. Title screens are an area where there is little being discussed, shared, or publicly developed - this resource is fantastic at filling that gap.

I too haven't seen many TS resources around here. In fact, I just know of the one tutorial by Rayd, and that's all.

I should have been more specific....... The BW Essentials like v3_1_1 It contains the Dual Screen module. When the title screens are played the are in the middle of the screen. Sorry for my bad miscommunication skills.

You're completely in luck my man. I'm working on pushing this script to being the most extensive Title Screen resource for Essentials. And just as it happens, I devoted a large chunk of my day today, working on said resource. DS compatibility was one of the things that popped into my mind, and I've actually made the Title Screens super easy to adapt to whatever DS kit you may happen to use. There are two new constants
  • SCREEN_HEIGHT # Height of a single screen
  • VIEWPORT_OFFSET # Y amount that separates the top and bottom screens
Now, you can leave both of these at their stock values, and the screens will be formatted for proper single screen (and top DS screen) automatically. But...some title screens (gen 5 and 6) style, have built in DS compatibility, so if you set the VIEWPORT_OFFSET to 16, you will have a proper DS styled Title Screen. I'll probably do more DS compatibility for the already existing styles in the future, but for now these 2 will suffice.

In order to use this system upgrade, you'll need both the new script and the new resource pack.

Last edited:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
The main script and resource pack are updated again. The update is not huge, I've just done some tweaks to various parts of the script. The noteworthy thing is that the Gen 3 and 4 styles have been reworked for full DS support. The gen 3 style takes some visual queues from ORAS when in DS mode. DS compatibility for both Klein's and Venom's kits are now built in. So should you wish to use the title screens in any of those, the styles will automatically adjust themselves.

Years
You're still missing a Gen II screen. I don't know this because I haven't played anything outside of Gen VI, is Gen II too similar to some other generation? Or are you still working on Gen II?

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
You're still missing a Gen II screen. I don't know this because I haven't played anything outside of Gen VI, is Gen II too similar to some other generation? Or are you still working on Gen II?

I'm fully aware I'm missing the Gen 2 styled title screen. I never claimed that this resource was completed.

Last edited:
Years
This is a thing that I did.

Spoiler:

Code:
SCREENSTYLE = rand(7)+1
if SCREENSTYLE==7
  SCREENSTYLE = rand(7)+1
  if SCREENSTYLE==7
    SCREENSTYLE = rand(7)+1
  end
end
(So basic Essentials screen, while still likely, is only 1/3 as much as any other).

Each Screen style will then randomly choose which form Mewtwo will be in. If it chooses basic form, it will then choose which background to use (which means the two left columns are only half as likely as the two right columns). The reason the background is important is because the game records which form Mewtwo is in on the title screen - X or Y - and I plan on using that variable to determine the teams of certain opponents, like how the ORAS demo's title screen would determine which Lati Steven would ride.

The Gen V title screen will also decide which direction Mewtwo will face - left or right - which is why there are two rows.

Side note: my wife hates the HGSS one because it looks like the Pokemon is "farting rainbows".

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
it looks like the Pokemon is "farting rainbows".

That was the point. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect people to actually change the graphics and make their screens unique. Don't like your Pokemon farting rainbows? Change it to something else. It's that simple.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 17, 2017
i have a problem

---------------------------
Pokemon Essentials
Script 'new_tile_screen' line 21: NameError occurred.

uninitialized constant PBSpecies
OK

Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
this script is awesome!! but i have this problem, when i use the 6 gen intro, only play the first title and the "extra" , but dont show all picture in the folder "panorama" :S , you know , where pikachu is running :) i not use dual screen

Last edited:
Years
This is awsome script. But can i ask one thing? I love that pikachu running scene without the first part, how can i do that?

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
This is awsome script. But can i ask one thing? I love that pikachu running scene without the first part, how can i do that?

If you're talking about the Gen 6 style, sumimasen, that is the package you get. Both the Pokemon, and the plain Title Screen (working together in harmony). Unless you want to re-code the way the Gen 6 style works yourself, this is what it'll look like.

Years
I'm not an expert of coding, so i only want the title screen to be only with the second part with the pikachu without the title screen part (gen 6 style yes).
My game has the nidorino and gengar intro after that i want that pikachu animation part to be the title screen. You understand my point of view right? So my doubt is how can i do that?

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
I'm not an expert of coding, so i only want the title screen to be only with the second part with the pikachu without the title screen part (gen 6 style yes).
My game has the nidorino and gengar intro after that i want that pikachu animation part to be the title screen. You understand my point of view right? So my doubt is how can i do that?

*Sigh* As I've said, you can't do it, unless you want to re-code how the Title Screen works (which includes both the opening animation, and the Title Screen part without the Pokemon). I'm not going to be doing that. I openly say this many times: this is what I'm offering. If you don't like it, no one is forcing you to use my resources. Also, there are a total of 6 styles bundled in this. Gen 2 style has just the Pokemon ... so there.

Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2016
The script is amazing, I installed the script and resources, but for some reason just screenstyle 4, is with audio, why this is happening?

Back