Research & Development Got a well-founded knack with ROM hacking? Love reverse-engineering the Pokémon games? Or perhaps you love your assembly language. This is the spot for polling and gathering your ideas, and then implementing them! Share your hypothesis, get ideas from others, and collaborate to create!

TrollandToad.com

Old October 17th, 2015 (6:36 AM).
still don't know what I'm doing

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jirachiwishmaker View Post
    No, this increasement of max money amount actually means that to increase the player's holding money amount. And the max of the price amount of the items is at only 65535.
    sorry, i mean, when you're buying and selling an item, it will show the player's money in the top left, so it shows an the incorrect amount for the player's money

Relevant Advertising!

Old October 17th, 2015 (7:41 AM).

Nature: Lonely
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by PurpleOrange View Post
      sorry, i mean, when you're buying and selling an item, it will show the player's money in the top left, so it shows an the incorrect amount for the player's money
      I'm so sorry. I forgot there is one byte needs to change, too. Just replace the byte at 0xE5204 from 26 to 20.

Attached Images
      File Type: png Pokemon_Emerald_U_01.png‎ (6.3 KB, 1148 views) (Save to Dropbox)
      Old October 17th, 2015 (7:52 AM).

Quote:
        Originally Posted by jirachiwishmaker View Post
        I'm so sorry. I forgot there is one byte needs to change, too. Just replace the byte at 0xE5204 from 26 to 20.

that fixes that problem however there seems to be another, when you are buying/selling an item, when you're changing the amount, it will tell you how much it will cost/give you you, however when you confirm it, the man will say a different amount (see below)
        Attached Images
        File Type: png 1.PNG‎ (6.6 KB, 41 views) (Save to Dropbox)
        File Type: png 2.PNG‎ (6.7 KB, 40 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Old October 23rd, 2015 (4:27 AM).
        Spanish Rom Hacker

Quote:
          Originally Posted by MrDollSteak View Post
          I've just got some very quick offsets for Pokedex hacking.

I'm not sure whether it's already been posted, I don't think so, as I had to discover these on my own.

I've found 2 limiters for the Kantodex that are quite useful, which when combined with Jambo51's already posted offsets, can allow for the Kantodex to act as a national dex.

Even though Jambo already found the limiter for the Kantodex itself, it would still not display the correct seen/caught numbers as they were still limited to 150 as were the habitats.

By changing the number 96 at the offset: 104BF2
          You can extend the limit to the seen/caught text. Eg. changing 96 to FA will allow for a max of 250 seen/caught Pokemon.

By changing the number 97 at the offset: 106828
          You can extend the number of Pokemon that will be correctly featured in the habitat pages. Eg. changing 97 to FA will allow for the first 250 Pokemon in your pokedex to be displayed in the habitat pages before receiving the national dex.

This can be helpful as it stops people from having to give the national dex at the start of the game.

I'll just repost Jambo's limiters from his thread here

0x10352C - mov r1, #0x97
          0x1035F6 - cmp r0, #0x96

Just change those 2 bytes at that offset to the number of Pokemon you want in.
          I've expanded the Dex untill 721, so.. ¿What i should to do to change more bytes at this offset? :/
          It might to be 2D1 in hex.

El inteligente no es aquel que lo sabe todo

Si no aquel que sabe utilizar lo poco que sabe
          Old October 23rd, 2015 (6:14 AM).
          Free supporter
          • Silver Tier

Quote:
          Originally Posted by laflacapkm View Post
          I've expanded the Dex untill 721, so.. ¿What i should to do to change more bytes at this offset? :/
          It might to be 2D1 in hex.
          You need to rework the code in ASM. Maybe there are some parts where you can do some optimization and remove the need to hook, otherwise, this will be hook city.
          Old October 24th, 2015 (8:12 AM).
          Weirdo Extraordinaire

Nature: Bold
            I've looked into FireRed's menu descriptions. You know, the blue box that tells you what each entry does. I'm trying to figure out how to get rid of it and I've made some discoveries, nothing complete though.

0x083A7394 is table of pointers to the descriptions. You can repoint each one of them if you want.
            There's two offsets which point to it - 0806F104 and 0806F30A. They're referenced a couple of bytes back by ldr r2 opcodes.
            The first pointer seems to be part of a routine which loads the description of the first entry. Changing stuff in it only breaks opening the menu. Changing options works fine.
            The second pointer to the table seems to be part of a routine which loads the description of any entry you go to after opening the menu. There's a bunch of branching in there and screwing around with it seems to break either selecting options you've already went through or moving the cursor down in the menu. Don't know which of the two because I didn't test it.

While this may not be useful as it is, it's a least a start. One thing I do know is that I've found the routines which load the darn thing. Now to figure out where they start and stub them.

Check out my hacks by clicking on the userbar!
            Check out my new website (this link now works!)!
            Old October 24th, 2015 (7:01 PM).
            Free supporter
            • Silver Tier

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Telinc1 View Post
            I've looked into FireRed's menu descriptions. You know, the blue box that tells you what each entry does. I'm trying to figure out how to get rid of it and I've made some discoveries, nothing complete though.

0x083A7394 is table of pointers to the descriptions. You can repoint each one of them if you want.
            There's two offsets which point to it - 0806F104 and 0806F30A. They're referenced a couple of bytes back by ldr r2 opcodes.
            The first pointer seems to be part of a routine which loads the description of the first entry. Changing stuff in it only breaks opening the menu. Changing options works fine.
            The second pointer to the table seems to be part of a routine which loads the description of any entry you go to after opening the menu. There's a bunch of branching in there and screwing around with it seems to break either selecting options you've already went through or moving the cursor down in the menu. Don't know which of the two because I didn't test it.

While this may not be useful as it is, it's a least a start. One thing I do know is that I've found the routines which load the darn thing. Now to figure out where they start and stub them.
            Check the ASM resource thread. I made a post about field moves and adding new ones.

To remove the descriptions, I think you can just nop out function calls to 08113018. Try writing 4 bytes of 0x0s to 0806F2CE, 0806F31C, and 080F798E.
            Old November 6th, 2015 (3:34 AM). Edited November 6th, 2015 by jirachiwishmaker.

For Emerald, if you want to enable the trainer's national Pokemon in the contests before beating the Elite Four, do the following changes:
              Put 00 00 00 00 00 00 at 0xDABA6 (for removing the entire flag checking command).
              Old November 6th, 2015 (4:53 AM).

Nature: Calm
                Quote:
                And the max of the price amount of the items is at only 65535.
                In firered prices above 9999$ will be displayed with ?xxxx$. Does somebody now how to fix this?

Old November 6th, 2015 (6:52 AM).
                Resident ASMAGICIAN

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by pokemontutorialTV View Post
                  In firered prices above 9999$ will be displayed with ?xxxx$. Does somebody now how to fix this?
                  Try increasing the value at 0809B430 (FR) from 4 to 5. That number should be the digit length of prices for the Pokemart.

A Pokemon that is discriminated!
                  Support squirtle and make it everyone's favourite.
                  Old November 7th, 2015 (6:35 AM).

Nature: Calm
                    Annother question... if i have expanded items and i want to buy some from the new indices, the market closing immedetly. Do you have an idea where the limiter is or how to change this?

Old November 7th, 2015 (9:08 PM).
                    Aussie's Toughest Mudder

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by pokemontutorialTV View Post
                      Annother question... if i have expanded items and i want to buy some from the new indices, the market closing immedetly. Do you have an idea where the limiter is or how to change this?
                      Try this:
                      0x98998 = number of new items
                      0x9a8ae = 00 00 00 00
                      Old November 8th, 2015 (12:47 PM). Edited December 3rd, 2015 by kleenexfeu.

Soul Dew works in the Battle Frontier for [email protected] :

C0 46 C0 46 at 0x806979E & 0x80697D4

Touched's Emerald IDB + Battle stuff (probably outdated)
                        Touched's Emerald IDB 6.8 + Battle stuff (probably outdated)
                        Old November 8th, 2015 (1:27 PM). Edited November 17th, 2015 by DraconianWing.
                        Aerilate Thrasher
                        • Silver Tier

Nature: Naive
                        Changing the pre-battle, post-battle and switch-in text in Emerald (BPEE) and FireRed (BPRE)

This post focuses on changing the challenge, defeat, and switch-in text strings that appear during battle in Emerald and FireRed. To clarify, I'm talking about these:
                        Quote:
                        [trainer]
                        would like to battle!
                        Quote:
                        Player defeated
                        [trainer]!
                        Quote:
                        [trainer] is
                        about to use [Pokemon].

Will [player] change
                        POKéMON?
                        With a few tips from Sky High, success has been achieved in modifying them

Green denotes Emerald offsets.
                        Red
                        denotes FireRed offsets.

This is the default challenge text, found in 0x5CBB9C, and has pointers at 0x14E228 and 0x14E264.
                        Located at 0x3FD366 and the pointer at 0xD73C0 for FireRed.
                        Code:
                        FD 1C 00 FD 1D FE EB E3 E9 E0 D8 00 E0 DD DF D9 00 E8 E3 00 D6 D5 E8 E8 E0 D9 AB FB FF
                        The default defeat text is in 0x5CBA2E, with pointers at 0x14E66C and 0x5CC744.
                        For FireRed, it's at 0x3FD1C7 with pointers at 0xD776C and 0x3FE410.
                        Code:
                        CA E0 D5 ED D9 E6 00 D8 D9 DA D9 D5 E8 D9 D8 FE FD 1C 00 FD 1D AB FB FF
                        Last but not least, here's the default switch-in dialogue at 0x5CB9ED. Its pointer is at 0x5CC6A8.
                        On FireRed, it's at 0x3FD186 and the pointer located at 0x3FE374. This exact form is only present in ROMs that have not been decapitalized.
                        Code:
                        FD 1C 00 FD 1D 00 DD E7 FE D5 D6 E3 E9 E8 00 E8 E3 00 E9 E7 D9 00 FD 01 AD FB D1 DD E0 E0 00 FD 23 00 D7 DC D5 E2 DB D9 FE CA C9 C5 1B C7 C9 C8 AC FF
                        Some bytes are used to load stored text, like the trainer class and trainer name. There are also others that stand for different functions. They are as follows:
                        Code:
                        FD 01: Loads the name of the Pokemon the opponent is switching into/sending out
                        FD 1C: Loads the trainer class
                        FD 1D: Loads the trainer's name
                        FA: Continues the string after FE has been used. Similar to XSE's "\l" command
                        FB: Moves to a new box altogether and carries on the string. Works like "\p" (Yes, from XSE as well)
                        FE: The "new line" function for the string, similar to "\n" in XSE scripting
                        FF: Terminates the string to avoid reading further bytes (I think).
                        Modifying them is quite simple. Just write a custom string that you want (either in raw hex form or with a script editor) while making use of the byte functions listed above, compile or insert into free space using a hex editor, then change the respective pointers! I'll put mine up as an example because I'm awful at explaining stuff; feel free to use them. Be aware that these are optimized for EM, but they might work for FR:

Challenge text:
                        Code:
                        D3 E3 E9 00 D5 E6 D9 00 D7 DC D5 E0 E0 D9 E2 DB D9 D8 00 D6 ED FE FD 1C 00 FD 1D AB FB FF

Defeat text:
                        Code:
                        D3 E3 E9 00 D8 D9 DA D9 D5 E8 D9 D8 FE FD 1C 00 FD 1D AB FB FF
                        Switch-in text:
                        Code:
                        FD 1C 00 FD 1D 00 DD E7 FE D5 D6 E3 E9 E8 00 E8 E3 00 E7 D9 E2 D8 00 DD E2 00 FD 01 AD FA D1 DD E0 E0 00 ED E3 E9 00 E7 EB DD E8 D7 DC 00 ED E3 E9 E6 00 CA E3 DF 1B E1 E3 E2 AC FF

"All dreams are but another reality. Never forget..."
                        Old November 9th, 2015 (9:15 AM).

Not sure if anyone else has found this yet but meh

So to upgrade your pokedex to the national dex in ruby you put this is an xse script
                          Code:
                          writebytetooffset 0x2 0x2026B00
                          writebytetooffset 0x3 0x2026B01
                          writebytetooffset 0xDA 0x2024EBE
                          writebytetooffset 0x67 0x2026A5A
                          which Renegade worked out and documented in THIS old thread

well this kinda does the job but leaves it like this
                          Spoiler:
                          so it's kinda still the hoenn dex except now you can search the national dex, and the number on the summary screen will be the national dex number

in order to fix that we need to add another line to the script so it becomes this (with changes in bold)
                          Code:
                          writebytetooffset 0x2 0x2026B00
                          writebytetooffset 0x3 0x2026B01
                          writebtyetooffset 0x1 0x2024EBD
                          writebytetooffset 0xDA 0x2024EBE
                          writebytetooffset 0x67 0x2026A5A
                          so now it looks like this
                          Spoiler:

Old November 12th, 2015 (9:39 AM). Edited November 29th, 2015 by DraconianWing.
                          Aerilate Thrasher
                          • Silver Tier

Nature: Naive
                          Previous post has been updated to include offsets for FireRed!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In an attempt to further modernize the strings in the battle system, I've also looked into the text that prints whenever something happens with the opponent's Pokemon, namely the term "Foe." Basically, in-battle dialogue such as:
                          Quote:
                          Foe [Pokemon] used
                          [move]!
                          Quote:
                          Foe [Pokemon] is paralyzed!
                          It may be unable to move!
                          Because it's used in a lot of other strings, "Foe" seems to be loaded from stored text as opposed to being separate like the pre- and post-battle messages.

It's located at 0x5CBD8B and has quite a few pointers: 0x14EB28, 0x14EC9C, 0x14ED38, 0x14EDD4, 0x14EE70, 0x14EF0C, 0x14F390, 0x14F784. This doesn't cover the Screen move notifications though (Light Screen and Reflect). On FireRed, the text is at 0x3FD55B and pointers at 0xD7B7C, 0xD7CA4, 0xD7D18, 0xD7D8C, 0xD7E00, 0xD7E74, 0xD82C0, 0xD8554.

Changing it is pretty much the same as the ones on my previous post, but note that you're only changing one word and not the messages themselves. Once again, I'll be putting up an example. This replaces "Foe" with "The opposing". Remember, insert into free space and re-point accordingly!

Code:
                          CE DC D9 00 E3 E4 E4 E3 E7 DD E2 DB 00 FF
                          A side effect of using this custom string is that it interferes with a few other dialogue, which become long enough to go off the screen when printing. Fortunately, these are easily fixed by making the following byte changes (I'll be updating my posts as more information is found):

Emerald:
                          Code:
                          0x5CAC2D: FE (Ingrain)
                          0x5CA8C9: FE (Ghost-type Curse)
                          0x5CA8CD: 00 (Ghost-type Curse)
                          FireRed:
                          Code:
                          0x3FC3BD: FE (Ingrain)
                          0x3FC059: FE (Ghost-type Curse)
                          0x3FC05D: 00 (Ghost-type Curse)
                          EDIT: Updated with FireRed offsets. Credits to BlackWhiteRobin for finding them!

"All dreams are but another reality. Never forget..."
                          Old November 13th, 2015 (5:38 AM). Edited November 13th, 2015 by Spherical Ice.
                          • Crystal Tier

Special 0x167 is used by the printer in the Game Corner in vanilla FireRed to add the icons of your party to your Trainer Card.

Vars 0x4043 - 0x4048 correspond to the six Pokémon icons on the back of the Trainer Card. You can change them at x89a78, but note that special 0x167 assumes they will be consecutively stored (and it will take the starting variable as the one stored at xCC3C0. 0x4042 is also used by the special, but it just appears to be a clone of 0x8004, which determines what colour the icons should use.

0x4049 - 0x404B controls the three stickers on the back of the Trainer Card. You can change them at x89a6c. They're checked by the script of the sticker kid on Four Island, too, so just change them there like usual too.

Old November 15th, 2015 (8:28 AM).
                          Adamant and adaptive dinosaur.

This post is a little extension to JPAN's document on Battle Structs for Fire Red (link here). The bolded ones are the new ones found during my research.

Spoiler:
                            Hit Marker at x2023DD0 (single word):
                            Code:
                            Flag	   Function
                            x40	-   Destiny Bond
                            x80	-   Skip Move Animations
                            x100	-   Overrides substitute & outcome checks to enable graphical and data damage updates. Used for burn damage, leech seed heal, Hi Jump Kick Crash etc.
                            x200	-   Inhibit Attack String & PP reduction. Set before the second iteration of the move that target
                            both Foes. Also ensures that second iteration runs regardless of user faint.
                            x400	-   Inhibit Attack String Print
                            x800	-   Inhibit PP deduction. Set on struggle & second phase of charging turn moves.
                            x1000	-   Toggled in cmd5f. Further info not known
                            x2000	-   Set due to some contact abilities to adjust status affliction
                            x4000	-   Required to be set for Synchronize. Set in the seteffectcommands
                            x8000	-   Set on successful flee 
                            x10000  -   Overrides fly evasion
                            x20000  -   Overrides dig evasion
                            x40000  -   Overrides dive evasion
                            x80000	-   Set in Attack Canceler due to being unable to move (flinch, recharge, sleep etc). Used to prevent second iteration of Dual Foe Targeting move in doubles and delays the charge part of moves like Sky Attack etc.
                            x200000	-   Related to obedience check
                            x800000	-   Does something with Magic Coat 
                            x1000000  - Prevents setting of destiny bond.
                            x2000000 -   required to be set for minimize
                            x10000000 -	death marker for bank 0. further bits for death marker of other banks
                            Special Status Flags at x2023DFC (a word each for 4 banks):
                            Flag - Functions
                            Code:
                            x1 - ???	
                            x2 - ???	
                            x4 - Leech Seed
                            x8 -	lockon
                            x10 -	mind reader
                            x20 -	Perish song
                            x40 -	Airborne
                            x80 -	Underground
                            x100 -	Minized
                            x200 -	Charged
                            x400 -	Rooted
                            x800 -	Sleep this turn (yawn)
                            x1000 -	Sleep in one turn (yawn)
                            x2000 -	Imprisoned
                            x4000 -	Grudged
                            x8000 - ???	
                            x10000 -	Mud sport
                            x20000 -	Fire sport
                            x40000 -	Dive
                            x80000 - Intimidate BS Lock
                            x100000 - Trace BS Lock
                            The last 11 bits seem to be unused, so they can be used for things like Aqua Ring, Unburden boost, Smacked Down, Phantom Force, Electrify etc.
                            If you want to set a custom status which clears upon switching then this is the perfect spot to place it.
                            The word at x128EC controls the special status bits that can be Baton Passed. So Aqua Ring etc. can be passed by altering this word to accomodate to more bits.

[B]Protect Structure at x2023E8C (16 bytes allocated per bank):[B]
                            Code:

Flag -  Function		
                            Byte 0x0:
                                    0x1 - Protect On		
                            	0x2 -	Endure On		
                            	0x4	Struggle On		
                            	0x8 -	Helping Hand On		
                            	0x10 -	Magic Coat On		
                            	0x20 -	Snatch On		
                            	0x40 -  ??			
                            	0x80 -	Set in Attack Canceler when unable to move due to being paralyzed		
                            Byte 0x1:
                            	0x1 -	Set due to confusion. Prevent contact abilties to activate due to the confusion hit		
                            	0x2 -	Set if move is not Effective		
                            	0x4 -	Set in a Repeating Attack along with x1000 secondary status 		
                            	0x8 -	Marker to print Smoke Ball Flee		
                            	0x10 -	Marker to print Run Away Flee		
                            	0x20 -	Set in Attack Canceler when attempting to use an imprisoned move		
                            	0x40 -	Set in Attack Canceler when immobilized by love		
                            	0x80 -	Set in Attack Canceler when attempting to use a disabled move		
                            Byte 0x2:	
                                    0x1 -	Set in Attack Canceler when attempting to use a status while being taunted		
                            	0x2 -	Don't know but is checked in a subroutine		
                            	0x4 -	Set in Attack Canceler when flinched		
                            	0x8 -	Set when PP is deducted. Checked for absorb abilities.		
                            	0x10 - Vacant			
                            	0x20 - Vacant		
                            	0x40 - Vacant		
                            	0x80 - Vacant
                            Remaining Bytes:			
                            0x3 -	Vacant		
                            0x4-0x7 - Physical damage suffered		(JPAN incorrectly labelled the physical & special damage locations)
                            0x8-0xB	- Special damage suffered		
                            0xC	- The bank that did physical damage (Used to select the counter target)		
                            0xD	- The bank that did special damage (Used to select the mirror coat)
                            0xE-0xF - Vacant 
                            The vacant places are good for Status that are cleared after end of turn and can be used to include things like King Shield, Spiky Shield etc.

I'll update this post after researching more locations.
                            Old November 15th, 2015 (8:05 PM). Edited November 15th, 2015 by GoGoJJTech.
                            (☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
                            • Gold Tier

Nature: Jolly
                            Code:
                            [10:59:13 PM] GoGoJJTech: http://sphericalice.com/romhacking/documents/script/#c-D5
                            [10:59:20 PM] GoGoJJTech: pokemon emerald 0x26E331
                            [10:59:24 PM] GoGoJJTech: I think it's the trick house
                            [10:59:41 PM] GoGoJJTech: map 29.9
                            [10:59:45 PM] GoGoJJTech: script tiles
                            [10:59:50 PM] GoGoJJTech: essentially this happens:
                            [11:00:19 PM] GoGoJJTech: http://hastebin.com/xuqoduhaho.hs (in xse)
                            [11:00:33 PM] GoGoJJTech: if we take into account that cmdd5 has no arguments, it'd appear as so:
                            [11:00:56 PM] GoGoJJTech: http://hastebin.com/jakigedicu.hs
                            [11:01:02 PM] GoGoJJTech: however, d3 is braille2
                            [11:01:12 PM] GoGoJJTech: meaning that d3 can change its effect based on d5 before it
                            [11:01:16 PM] GoGoJJTech: but why?
                            [11:01:20 PM] GoGoJJTech: and d4 too
                            [11:01:24 PM] GoGoJJTech: which is usually bufferitems
                            [11:01:30 PM] GoGoJJTech: this is pretty funky
                            Yeah, so apparently this is a thing and this happens. It's probably useless to us hackers because it's so specific in its existence, but that's what researching is for right? (btw the only reason I came across this was because my script decompiler flopped here, meaning that most script editors might also flop on these scripts)

EDIT: In Emerald, Command 0xD5 actually uses a halfword as its argument (meaning XSE is correct) for Emerald
                            Also, XSE states that D4 (bufferitems) only exists in FRLG, meaning that for Emerald, it's probably only used in this strange context

Support me at my site!
                            Pokémon Platinum Red and Blue
                            Old November 16th, 2015 (3:02 AM). Edited November 16th, 2015 by Touched.
                            Resident ASMAGICIAN

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by GoGoJJTech View Post
                              Yeah, so apparently this is a thing and this happens. It's probably useless to us hackers because it's so specific in its existence, but that's what researching is for right? (btw the only reason I came across this was because my script decompiler flopped here, meaning that most script editors might also flop on these scripts)

EDIT: In Emerald, Command 0xD5 actually uses a halfword as its argument (meaning XSE is correct) for Emerald
                              Also, XSE states that D4 (bufferitems) only exists in FRLG, meaning that for Emerald, it's probably only used in this strange context
                              They seem to control those rotating obstacles as seen in the trickhouse 29.9 and mossdeep's gym.

cmdD3 does some nasty checking of the map tile ID. All those arrow panels are tile 0x298 and above. They're in groups of 8. Right, Down, Let, Up, Trigger, and then three blanks. D3 checks what group you're activating and rotates all the NPCs on those tiles in the correct directions. It uses movement scripts at 861269C, 86126A0, 86126A4 and 8612698 to accomplish this NPC movement. It also keeps track of their coordinates in the saveblock. I would guess this command also rotates the relevant tiles.

cmdD4 updates the facing of all relevant NPCs with applymovements and updates their behaviours so that they are facing the correct direction.

cmdD5 allocates memory for this whole process (if there is no memory already allocated). cmdD6 frees that memory, and updates the player's overworld sprite. It also waits for some task. For all these scripts, you'll see a cmdD5 first, then a cmdD6 at the end.

Summary:
                              cmdD3 - mossdeep gym trap rotate: takes a halfword (variable or number) of the trap type (panel colour)
                              cmdD4 - mossdeep gym trap update: no arguments
                              cmdD5 - mossdeep gym trap begin: takes a halfword (variable or number). true indicates trick house (panels start at 0x298), false indicates mossdeep gym (panels start at block id 0x250)
                              cmdD6 - mossdeep gym trap end: no arguments

Old November 16th, 2015 (6:47 AM).
                              100tifiko

Nature: Brave
                                I've made a quick research about the background of the Oak's intro screen in Fire Red, to be accurate, this background

Tileset of Background: 0x460CA4
                                Tilemap:0x460CE8
                                Palletes: 0x460568
                                Tilemap size (In NTME): 30x20 (240x160)
                                Amount of colors: 16

I really don't understand why the Oak's intro uses 256 colors if a lot of colors aren't used.
                                Old November 18th, 2015 (7:20 AM). Edited November 18th, 2015 by kleenexfeu.

For Emerald

Proper cry for limbo slots

This should theorically allow the limbo slots (between Celebi and Treecko) to have their proper cry, could be useful for forms etc, since the emerald expansion isn't finished yet :

Update : put C0 46 C0 46 C0 46 at 0x806D51C

A repoint might be needed, sadly I can't test on my PC as I don't have sound

Tbh the engine handles the cry weirdly, if someone has more information about how to repoint the tables correctly, please share. Thanks PurpleOrange :

Quote:
                                  EDIT: It should be noted with this method the repointed table must include the the national dex number of the first 251 pokemon in hex -1 followed by 25 lots of 00 00 (which can be changed for new cries), then followed by the index numbers of the hoenn pokemon (in their weird order)

The game displays the default sprite, icon and base stats for Deoxys

01 BC 00 47 at 0x8034C32 for the sprite.

C0 46 C0 46 C0 46 C0 46 at 0x8068A2C for the stats.

C0 46 C0 46 C0 46 C0 46 C0 46 C0 46 C0 46 C0 46 C0 46 at 0x80D3030 for the icon.

Old November 18th, 2015 (8:31 AM). Edited November 18th, 2015 by PurpleOrange.

Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by kleenexfeu View Post
                                    For Emerald

Proper cry for limbo slots

This should theorically allow the limbo slots (between Celebi and Treecko) to have their proper cry, could be useful for forms etc, since the emerald expansion isn't finished yet :

put C0 46 C0 46 at 0x80A359C

after that, you can fill 0x806D510-0x806D540 with FF bytes to create a bit of freespace

Though I don't have sound on my PC, so if someone could test I would appreciate
                                    hey, there is another method for limbo cries that seems to work found in THIS POST.
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by ThomasWinwood View Post
                                    write 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 (that's ten bytes) to x4330C and 00 00 00 00 (four) to x43318, then repoint the table at x4539D4 and expand it - it's now a table with one word for every ID
                                    i found that the equivalent offsets for emerald are at 0x6D518, and 0x6D527
                                    regardless, with your method, you'd still need to repoint and expand the cry table, no?

EDIT: It should be noted with this method the repointed table must include the the national dex number of the first 251 pokemon in hex -1 followed by 25 lots of 00 00 (which can be changed for new cries), then followed by the index numbers of the hoenn pokemon (in their weird order)

Old November 18th, 2015 (8:37 AM).

Quote:
                                      hey, there is another method for limbo cries that seems to work found in THIS POST.

i found that the equivalent offsets for emerald are at 0x6D518, and 0x6D527
                                      regardless, with your method, you'd still need to repoint and expand the cry table, no?
                                      No idea, as I said I can't test. I never even tried to expand or look at any sound-related table :s
                                      I just negate the function that replaces limbos cries with unown cries

Old November 18th, 2015 (8:55 AM).

Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by kleenexfeu View Post
                                        No idea, as I said I can't test. I never even tried to expand or look at any sound-related table :s
                                        I just negate the function that replaces limbos cries with unown cries
                                        well tested out your method, the first 251 pokemon have the correct cries, but the rest of the hoenn pokemon seem to be in a messed up order, and not an order that i recognize at all

Quick Reply