• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Shifting Sands [T]

EternalSushi

Fresh for a lifetime.
Years
  • Age 27
  • HK
  • Seen Sep 9, 2017
S H I F T I N G S A N D S Rated [T] | EternalSushi

Spoiler:

"Well, hello there~!"

scholary_lucario_explorer_by_haychel-d5lvnm3.png

[Art by Haychel]

A peculiar, peppy Lucario greets you with a casual wave on the dim, fizzling TV screen, sitting on that messy table of his with one leg crossed over the other. His glasses, loosely worn above his snout, shimmers and refracts beams of a distant, dying sunset. Meanwhile, a tiny Joltik crawls up his arm, making his way onto his shoulder before slumping down with a content smile. Somehow, despite the lack of care for the TV set, the images still manage to come through as crisp and vibrant...at times.

"So glad you're here to join me on my next expedition. I'm the world-renown explorer and professional archaeologist Delta Salen and I'm glad to have you on board! This little critter here is Scara, my new partner and assistant. For her lack of mass and brawn, she's done wonders in other fields and has saved my tail numerous times.

"Anyway, I will be expecting your arrival soon, and I've heard that you're resting at an inn nearby. So, let's get to the good stuff-- there's good news and bad news. Bad news is that the tomb of our beloved King Nazratu has been discovered...and the place isn't really in great condition, might need a little fix here and there. Good news is that I get to take you all with me to explore it for the very first time!

"Can you imagine? We'll be the first living beings in two thousand years to set foot on those floors. We'll be the first to lay our hands on precious, priceless artifacts...and," shifting slightly on the table, he pushes his glasses up just a bit and flashes a playful grin, "And perhaps you'll be able to take some back with you.

"Now, you might feel a little bit nervous or anxious or whatnot, but I assure you that every explorer has felt this way before. You've come all this way to Kairo, center of the Yegypt Region for a purpose, and this trip won't disappoint. Just bring some water, basic equipment and most importantly, a happy smile with the heart of an adventurer!"

Your television flickers, fizzles, and switches off on its own, reaching the end of its pitiful lifespan. Oh well, that's how it is in the 1950s.

Intro -

Shifting Sands is a semi-short, adventure/exploration based RP set in a Pokemon-exclusive version of Egypt. The main plot focuses on you, the characters, as you all venture into King Nazratu's Tomb under the guidance of Dr. Delta Salen. This RP sets to be sweet and simple with a focus on teamwork, decision-making and the adventure experience.

Inspired by slight DnD mechanics, PMD groups and 'choose-your-own-adventure' stories, the RP would offer a map of the tomb (should the adventurous achieve one), allowing small groups of Pokemon to split while the GM replies separately, setting up traps, NPCs, and perhaps even treasure for brave souls.

The speed of exploration and method of exploration bares some freedom, each room being different than the last. The presence (and absence) of Dr Salen should keep everything on the right track.

Expect fights, traps, paranoia, bonding times, and slightly-heavy decisions.

Rules -

- Current PC and RPT rules apply.

- No godmodding or autohitting (write about executing an attack, not landing it) against foes or allies. It ruins the fun!

- Put 'Sandcastle' somewhere in your SU to show that you've read the rules.

- Reservations are allowed, and I will remind those who haven't finished their forms a few days prior to the IC launch. It'll probably be at least a week an a half after the launch of the OOC.

- Joint posts are allowed - just remember to socialize and talk to others as well without going too far and too deep with your buddy. A lot of the fun comes from socializing and discussing puzzles with other characters.

- A level of activity is required. I wish that everyone would be able to at least post once a week. It really hurts when a crucial player just suddenly disappears.

- There is no 4-move limit for Pokemon, meaning as long as the Pokemon can learn it (and has, depending on your character really), it can use it. It's flexible. This is because fighting only takes up a part of the RP and a lot is based off interacting and exploring. Just remember not to godmod and autohit, and make the moves fit your Pokemon (a newly evolved Sceptile is most likely not going to have Leaf Storm mastered).

- Please, please, have fun! It's what the GM ultimately wants to see!
20.%20boogie.gif

Reservations & Accepted Players -

- EternalSushi as Dr. Delta Salen & Scara
- Daydream as Giles Shaw
-
Greiger as Felix Fellows
- Disclosed as Ali
- Godzil as Jane Bowen
- Jegretis as Atlowe Cielsworth
- Cheshire Cat as Lina Borella
-
Kikpanther as Eva Leena
-
Plumbum as Maxia Nyalla

Last edited:

EternalSushi

Fresh for a lifetime.
Years
  • Age 27
  • HK
  • Seen Sep 9, 2017
Shifting Sands
Kairo

Dr. Delta Salen & Scara

[Art by Haychel]

Theme:
Spoiler:

"Today's the day!"

The town of Kairo was met with a new bright coat of gold, motherly warmth of morning sunbeams spread across the distant dunes. In town, Dr Salen's lovely little abode known as the Adventurer's Quarters stood proudly at the center of the world, where the morning sunlight seeped in through open windows, the walls of sun-baked bricks providing refuge for any adventurer.
Even the town itself--awakened by a rooster's call (or was it a Blaziken?)--seemed just a bit livelier today with bazaars bustling and businesses booming under the rising sun. T'was a hot day, and the air was damp, heavy even, working with gravity to pull you down, yet none had even flinched nor showed moments of weakness during their work.

Yet, just like any adventurer, trading had not piqued Delta's interest. The world-renowned archaeologist...was busy finding his glasses.

"Glasses...glasses...not again..."

A sleepy Delta stumbled towards his desk with a soft low grunt, clumsily swiping about and knocking over a jar of black ink in the process. The wave of black spread towards a side of the tilted, unbalanced table, dripping onto the ground with slow, torturous drops. "Grr, no, no that...curses--aha!"

Upon feeling the familiar frame of his glasses, he frantically snatched them up through mountains of old papers, twirling the spectacles about with his paw before pushing it carefully along his snout, fixing it there with a satisfied grin. "Good, good. Now, they'll be coming today, won't they Scara?"

"In about ten minutes, Delts. They'll be at the stables," came a reply. The Lucario glanced down at his coat and folded his arms, smiling warmly as a familiar Joltik poked his head out from the left pocket, looking about before slithering up onto her partner's shoulder. Without moving his body, he gingerly reached for his drawer and took out a small cracker, balancing it carefully beside her as a sign of 'good morning'. The little critter began munching on it with a light grumble of bliss.

Delta swung his shoulder bag over his head and secured it on his other shoulder, fixing his coat before heading towards the door. "Thank you for the reminder," he muttered, stepping onto the narrow streets while blending into the crowd. Alakazam, Hypno...the streets were full of magicians and gypsies at this time of day, and poor Scara--she had to cling onto his shoulder just to stay aboard! "Have you prepared the Rapidash services yet, Scara? I assume that's the best way to reach Nazratu's--it'll take about fifteen minutes then."

"Nine on standby," said the Joltik with a curt nod, supporting herself quite nicely now. "Just say hi to the new explorers, introduce yourself if they somehow don't know you, and go. Easy as that."

Delta glanced at his partner, raising a brow as a faint chuckle escaped him. "Gee, you talk like it's my first expedition."

"Just doing my job, Delts."

"Heh. How charming."

The stables were at the quiet outskirts of town, the area devoid of lively merchants and small-talk. Nine Rapidash stood patiently within the fences, each having small pockets and compartments dangling from their saddles, presumably for their fees. Seeing how nobody had arrived yet, the doctor made his way towards a wooden crate and leaned against it, waiting patiently for the new batch of explorers to arrive.

"..."

"..."

"Remember to be friendl--"

"I know, Scara."

(Welcome to the IC! Your first post begins with you waking up at that shady inn of yours and getting ready for the expedition. Find your way towards the stables. Try to be creative about the inn setting maybe, and how you feel about the city. Also, in the spoilers, there's normally a theme attached that might help you out with the setting and tone/atmosphere - some of the music is made by yours truly as well!
20.%20boogie.gif
Nonetheless, I'll continue once everyone is here and ready. Have fun, and welcome to to Shifting Sands!)

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
Leroy Soto woke up at the shady inn about five minutes ago. The relatively young shiny Feraligatr was grabbing his bag for the expedition. The sun was beating down, and the inn was kind of in rough shape. But it was nice otherwise...

He then walked out of his room, and
carefully made it out outside of the inn, without saying a word.

Unfortunately for Leroy, he had no idea where he was going, but did not feel like asking for directions either.

Following his instinct, he tried to sniff out your typical barnyard smells in order to locate the nine Rapidash, but the smell of food vendors masked it.

Leroy was a bit hungry, so he ended up buying a fried Magikarp on a stick, from a very persuasive Delphox, for a makeshift breakfast.

"Thanks, dude! I really need this!" He said, before stuffing his mouth with the food he had just bought.

He walked further into town, and let out a large belch, as he couldn't really hold it back in this throat anymore.

"Oops. Well, excuse me...." He said to himself, hoping nobody heard the belch.

Soon he was away from the bustling marketplace, and finally gave in and asked a passing Hippopotas for directions.

"Um... Excuse me sir... Could you point me out to the nearest stables? I'm pretty much lost here...."

The Ground-type Pokemon then turned around, and looked at him.

"Just take a left when you finally see a big pyramid in the distance, and then go straight until you see a large barn. The door is on the right side of the building!" The desert Pokemon said.

"Thanks!" Leroy said, rushing to get to the stables. "I gotta get going!"

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
The Inn
Kairo
Atlowe Cielsworth

"Eww." Atlowe muttered to himself, staring at the musty slab of a mattress that lay in front of him. It took every morsel of his being to actually sleep on it, and to be honest, he didn't even get a decent rest either. He patted himself down quickly, fluffing up his ears and fur, and stretching out his limbs. Have to make a good first impression... He definitely did not want to seem like a slob upon meeting the new explorers, but he had a hunch someone else there would be. There was always one person that completely disregarded how they looked.

As he finished up his morning hygienic business, he turned to look at the dresser in front of him. Sitting on top was his blue scarf, and a light brown satchel, which had most of his belongings, such as money, a comb, and an Oran Berry for a snack. He approached the dresser and tied the scarf around his neck and whipped on the satchel, before giving a final look at himself in the mirror. Heh...I look pretty good. He admired himself for a few seconds more, until turning to look at the exit to his room. Time to get a move on.

He moved through town at a decent pace, mulling things over in his head. He had never even met this guy that called him, let alone anyone else in their little group. Supposedly they stayed at the same inn, so it would be possible if he crossed paths with one of them, without him knowing. He continued to walk down the bustling streets of Kairo, various merchants and other Pokémon looking at him. It was a bit obvious form the way he was dressed that he did not 'belong' in this place, but he didn't care that much, seeing as how he was only here for a business expedition, and nothing more. If it were a vacation, that would have been a whole different story.

After a little while of traversing around, Atlowe eventually came to the outskirts of town, where he saw several other Pokémon huddled around, near some Rapidash. Well, he said this was the spot. He stood there thinking for a few moments before pressing onwards, approaching the others. "Well, then. Isn't this just a lovely little bunch." Atlowe had a slight grin on his face, greeting the others. He knew he wasn't the most likeable Pokémon, so he tried to keep it a bit toned down.

Years
Jane Bowen
Waking Up in an Inn

Jane wakes slowly, letting out a massive yawn as she stretches, her back popping somewhat loudly. She groans, rolling over and rising to her feet. The bed had been made of cheap wood and a mattress almost as old as her, and hadn't provided much comfort or support. But it was more comfortable than sleeping on the ground, and she'd slept on rocks before during her nomadic childhood.

She grabs her hat and sunglasses, not caring to groom herself, as she's always put more stock in practicality than appearance. Her accessories will suffice, and there isn't much she can do to beautify her armored hide, anyway.

She wanders down the ancient hallway, taking the stairs only one at a time. Clearly this motel was designed for Pokemon much smaller than her, but she gets what she paid for. Presumably breakfast came included, and she takes a seat at the counter. "Food. Big." She grunts, stifling another yawn. The Pokemon behind the counter nods, and starts cooking up something. Jane isn't sure what it is, but it smells good. He puts the plate in front of her, and she grunts in thanks.

With breakfast finished, Jane steps out into the bright morning, thankful of her protective gear. Merchants cry out for attention, and they all have interesting wares, but nothing catches her eye this morning. She makes her way to the stables, where a small group of Pokemon is forming. One of them voices her concerns rather loudly.

"Do you expect me to ride one of these?" the Espeon asks of a bespectacled Lucario.

Jane looks over the Rapidashes, then at her own considerable size. "Hmmm..." she ponders, already considering walking to spare the Fire Horse Pokemon. They were, after all, known more for speed than strength.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
Leroy finally made it to the stables a few minutes after the others arrived.

"Sorry, guys.. I got lost... The name's Leroy. Leroy Soto." He introduced himself. "So are you waiting for the Dr. Salen?"

Leroy was getting just a tad impatient while waiting, despite only just arriving himself.

Leroy began rubbing his eyes, as the sun was extremely bright.

He thought he saw the professor, but it was just a mirage. Leroy didn't know the difference and waved his arms frantically. He opened his backpack and drank from a rather large canteen. Unfortunately he drank ALL of the water, but was still pretty thirsty.

Leroy opened peeked inside the canteen, realized it was empty, and said "Son of a Bidoof! I KNEW I should've bought a drink with that fried Magikarp on a stick! Too late now..."

Leroy was scanning the horizon for signs of an oasis. But... there were none..... He originally came from an urban swamp of sorts, with lots of water. It would take quite some getting used to this barren landscape.

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
Years

Giles Shaw

Arrival

28 // Assistant Librarian // Male

Giles wanted to sit down. Giles wanted tea. He wanted to sit down, and have a cup of tea. He could handle the heat, he was a fire type after all. The smell of spices and local dishes wafting on the breeze was an utter delight. What he did not want, was to be jostled every which way by a throng of people crowding round a fortune-telling Alakazam. Kairo was busy and he had been squeezing through the streets and clutching desperately at a map for the better part of an hour. A map that was, just a touch, inaccurate. Shoving it into his suitcase, he plodded on down the street. Time was ticking on, and he was most panicked that he would be late to meet the good doctor. All he did know, was that the inn was closer to the edge of the town.

After walking on for several minutes, and circling back on himself, Giles hailed a passing Sandshrew in what he assumed to be local garb.

"Excuse me, sir?" The look he was returned did not suggest complete comprehension. Giles pulled a piece of paper out of his brown leather jacket and stuck in front of the man's eyes. He pointed. "Do you know where this establishment is, perhaps?"

The man nodded and pointed down a narrow side street, then indicated left. "Not far," he added, in a thick accent.

"Thank you." I would hug you, if you were not a complete stranger in a country whose customs I am entirely unfamiliar with. Pushing his silver spectacles up his nose, Giles smiled and went on his way.

Thick with dust and sand, the way to the inn was more of a disused alleyway. Giles clutched his suitcase closer to his side, and quickened his pace. The particles in the air began to irritate his nose, and his nostrils twitched. He breathed a sigh of relief as he saw what appeared to be an inn ahead of him.

And promptly exhaled in horror as he exited the alley and dragged his suitcase up to the front step. The place was positively dilapidated.

***​
Giles grumbled as he shoved a journal into his satchel, along with water and a couple of other essentials. "No bloody tea! As dirty inside as it is out! This is starting out very well, isn't it Giles?" He stood and slung the bag over his shoulder as he checked the directions he'd noted down. "Breathe. Journey of a lifetime and all that, eh?" He relaxed his shoulders and headed out of the inn.

Walking to the stables he found much more refreshing than his earlier mad jaunt through Kairo. It was markedly less busy on these streets, and he felt less desire to swat other tourists with his tail-flame. As the sun shone over the dry land and pokémon of the sky soared overhead, Giles found himself relaxing.

It was not long until he rounded a bend and approached the Rapidash stables. There were already a group a pokémon gathered, and he took these to be his fellow explorers. As he arrived, he observed an unusually coloured Feraligatr casting his glance across the horizon.

Placing a hand on the fellow's back, he spoke, "Beg your pardon, would you happen to be part of Dr Salen's group?"

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019

ALI

Entry One ::​

Professor_Birch_Bag.png

Inventory ^
Equipped ~ None.
Location ~ The city of Kairo, Yegypt region.
Involved Party Members ~ Lina

The city of Kairo was not unlike any place Ali had ever seen. Not to say it was merely ordinary; the palm trees certainly stood out, rather than typical deciduous vegetation, and the crowds were thick and ever-churning like the far-off Nile. Still, at its heart it was but a city, no fantastical desert paradise, and perhaps he preferred it that way.

Ali considered it in his best interest to explore this renowned capital while the chance was still opportune rather than reflect on the night before. To start a day anew with complaints was to sacrifice one's good-being, as they said. Not to imply that his health hadn't been diminished during his stay at the "inn"--if Ali could be so generous as to address it as such. Sandy, grimy and near-sleepless, he'd promptly refused his breakfast and strode out as soon as time would allow. The first to check-out, the Espeon and soon-to-be explorer was forced into the morning crowds of Kairo. Again, this place was surely no Arabian Nights fairy tale.

Poor Ali followed the crowd like a a leaf on the river at first, but it was quick to fade. Clearly activity bustled more about the eateries. He saw the musing faces of Pokemon reflected in the windows of stores, the line trailing out the door of a particularly popular restaurant where, from another window, Ali spied upon the activities of the Emboar chef, toasting berries in a pan with particular finesse. Eastwards of this shopping centre appeared a hearty marketplace, entrance decorated with streamers and characters Ali identified as Arabian greetings; his dictionary was doing wonders for him and he'd studied it in order to distract himself from the brown-tinted walls and rock-solid mattress all last night. But enough of then.

Immediately, the first thing to intrigue him in the market once his curiosity bested him was the color. There were vibrant hues of greens, reds, blues and yellows from the trays of open berries. Ali considered himself a berry connoisseur as they played a major role in his diet, but these berries were all so foreign to him. Enigma, Maranga, Kuo, Custap and Drash... They were so ambiguous to him! And around him, the area danced with street performers. A pair of Cinccino, draped in traditional garb of silk and tassels, twirled to the tune of an Aipom on strings. They appeared to attract the most attention compared to others. Most street performers were species with less opportunities, and they may resort to trickery and even pickpocketing if they were desperate for income. It was then Ali remembered to check his satchel, held off the ground by his forked tail, to see if anyone had resorted to those measures yet.

Someone was right behind him! A stout, smiling little Drowzee, face painted and head covered by some form of shawl. "Aye, foreigner!" He spoke as if it were not conspicuous of him to stand right behind Ali, discomfortingly close to his possessions. "You see berries, yes? You have money for berries?"

Do you have money in-exchange for whatever you plan on pocketing? The Espeon held his tongue from saying such accusatory words so soon, no matter if he could manage to word them subtly. Drowzee and their evolvatory partners, Hypno, were the lowest denominator of Psychics, known for their slyness, manipulative nature and perturbing habits. Yet, they were not stupid. Stupidly easy to read, perhaps, though that applied to many Pokemon for an Espeon, who were able to track and watch with stunning alertness. Ali gave a simpler, yet dry answer to this Drowzee's inquiry: "Not this region's accepted form of currency, no. And you ask for...?"

Even with eyes gleaming the Drowzee still broadened their smile. Ali assumed it was for another underlying intention of theirs, though other possibilities existed. "Can help you, foreigner, is why I ask. Have Yegypt currency. Can exchange for your land's money." Three-fingered hand extended, they gripped a well-polished golden coin, easily recognizable as Yegpytian money. The money did not trouble Ali in the slightest as it was obviously legitimate, but the Drowzee's position did. They held the coin closely to his own muzzle, the Hynosis Pokemon titled subtly towards him. The near-invisible string tied 'round their middle finger was the last indication that this coin doubled as a pendulum.

Ali reacted most reasonably by sweeping the big-nosed creature's stocky legs from underneath it, sending them crashing onto the paved concrete. Cursing in Arabian, they scrabbled helplessly as the Espeon stifled a laugh in-return for a scathing reply: "Just because you haven't become a Hypno yet does not mean I'll fall for such a blatant trick. And I highly doubt you have the proficiency to ever reach any higher state." He had more to say but Ali had already drawn the eyes of many towards the embarrassment of such a cretin, as he defined them, and found enough satisfaction in that. He swept up the makeshift pendulum in his tail, and it was enough to pay for a handful of Enigmas.

.....​

The berries had a crunch to them. Their outer shells were difficult for him to work his fangs around, but he had managed to reach the fruit inside, which taste could hardly be described. It was a completely new flavor of sorts, not like easily-identifiable Oran and Pecha. The Watchog selling the berries (Ali was surprised such an voracious Pokemon hadn't eaten all of them yet) had compared them in his native language to the night sky, sama' alllayl. In a way, it did fit them. Overall, a rewarding breakfast, if not a light one.

Ali had positioned himself now far from the marketplace scene. Settling on a bench a farther distance from most of Kario's action, he had his notebook sprawled out in front of him, pencil writing madly over the pages, seemingly by its own accord. It was the red glare in the Espeon's orb that indicated he was the owner of this rapid-moving pencil. Though eventually his pace began to slow, the pencil's dance moving at a pace similar to that of a nearby Kricketune's elegant instrumentation. To the sound of their violin mastery, Ali felt at ease as he noted down everything he'd experienced: a nightmarish evening at an inn, a satisfactory interaction at the market stands, the minor events he'd viewed as he extended his walk about Kairo.

He had translated everything into words now, certain the result of all the recording would be worth the effort spent, if his past two writings were any sign. Dismounting from the bench, the Espeon organized their possessions and decided it was near time he attend the stables meeting. He nearly left the Kricketune playing alone without company to hear their artistry, surprisingly good. Bug types were commonly regarded as vermin throughout but Ali saw the Kricetune as the most sophisticated and well-mannered of the bunch. He did not have money worth any to give, but he at least left a few Chartis so that they would at least have something to eat in a small dish at their feet. The duo shared a meaningful glance before Ali departed in direction of...

...the stables. Smelling sourly of smoking mane, hay and the other mixed scents of his fellow explorers, Ali felt a desire to cover his sensitive nose-- too late. He sneezed, making clear his presence to all present before he'd even fully entered through the adobe's side. This embarrassed him relatively as he was quite aware of being the last to arrive, probably having held the group up. Still, he showed no sense of doubting as he moved smoothly into position, next to--surprisingly--another Espeon. Immediately he felt a sense of kinship. He'd never seen another Pokemon like himself back home, but their differences were apparent too. Her fur had not the green tint of his own and she appeared to wear jewelry, which Ali always found insignificant, a cover for genuine beauty. Though she was and sturdier than he appeared to be, so of course he was to stand taller, arching his head and neck back and elongating his spine with a sense of aloofness in his violent eyes.

Ali gave only a wave of his tail to the others. No words were spoken on his part.

EternalSushi

Fresh for a lifetime.
Years
  • Age 27
  • HK
  • Seen Sep 9, 2017
Shifting Sands
Kairo

Dr. Delta Salen & Scara

[Art by Haychel]

"Do you expect me to ride one of these?"

Delta raised a brow as an Espeon came into view, approaching with frustration permeating through the air. For a Pokemon that small, she seemed to carry a need to establish herself as a stronger, more powerful individual, at least, when it came to one's status.

While Delta remained unfazed by her words, the tick on his shoulder wasn't quite happy with her feedback. The jackal could feel the hard grip against his flesh as the existing angered boiled within that tiny golden body. "Would you happen to be more privileged than--" She was swiftly interrupted by her partner, however, who raised a paw in front of her as a clear reminder. After all, being friendly was what she had told him to do.

Before finally addressing that Espeon, others adventurers had begun to pour in, presumably joining the expedition crew. There was this Wartortle that caught his eye, staying near the former Espeon, and a few others that eventually dropped by, namely a Kangaskhan, A Feraligatr (who had already been drifting away in his own sea of thoughts), a Charmeleon, a Sceptile, and...another Espeon. Delta could already imagine how much fun it would be to travel with this colorful bunch! Though...could they really get along? It was difficult to ignore their differences, and he could imagine a few conflicts and speedbumps along the way. Oh well, all to make the trip more interesting, really.

Alas, although there were occasional mumbles between the makeshift group, Delta cleared his throat and eventually took a step forward, fixing his coat while shoving his paws into pockets...

"Hm, well, welcome! All on board for the expedition trip, I assume? Doctor Salen, at your service. And of course, Scara's here as well, though I imagine she's a bit harder to spot than I was." The Lucario began with a courteous bow, in which his ears flopped down rather cutely. The critter clung onto her partner's shoulder with a small squeak. "I figured this is probably most of us, so a recap would be lovely. We'll be traveling on these Rapidash," he began, glancing at the first Espeon with a friendly, near-apologetic grin, "And it'll take us about an hour to get to the site."

Almost instantly, the Kangaskhan's sheer size and weight came to mind. Determined not to show even one second of concern, Delta spun around on his heels and stroked his chin, letting out soft 'hmmms' before looking behind his shoulder at the rest of the bunch. "...Excuse me for a moment."

The Lucario fixed his spectacles into position and marched into the stable, with the other horses observing expectantly. Soon enough, several Rapidash with harnesses emerged with the blue jackal leading the way, pulling a wagon behind them. Some of the equipment on the Lucario's body had always been transferred onto the vehicle. "Alright, so if riding solo isn't your idea means of traveling, consider jumping on this instead."

Clasping his paws together, Delta then crossed his arms and stood proudly as Scara continued, both of them working very much in sync; like salt and pepper. "The Rapidash were specifically conditioned and trained over time for sandy environments," she explained, her voice somehow resonating quite well across the damp, hot air, sometimes even better than the renowned archaeologist. "They charge us a hefty fee, but I have everything covered.

"No excavation will be done today. We will be surveying the area and examining its condition, creating maps and grids for the site. In other words, we are preparing the site for future excavation projects that will follow soon after--perhaps a few days from now. I assume that you'd be present for that as well."

Delta sprung himself onto a Rapidash and eased himself onto the saddle, wriggling lightly while clutching the reins. "Without further ado, we should depart for the site soon. If you'd like, ask me on the way."

Last edited:
Years
Jane Bowen
The Chariot Awaits

Jane hadn't been paying much attention to the arriving Pokemon, but she noticed them when they arrived. The wagon made sense, and she was glad she wasn't the only one it would accommodate. The Feraligatr was bulky like her, but to a lesser degree, and perhaps the Espeons, being quadrupeds, would appreciate a more stable mode of transport. She grunts appreciatively, stepping forward to address the Rapidash. "Thanks, dearies."

She is aware of everyone's eyes on her as she climbs into the wagon, taking a seat near the doctor's luggage. She pats on empty seat lightly, her eyes flicking from one companion to the next. "Room for more." Her eyes linger on the haughty Espeon, practically daring the small creature to hop in.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
The Stables
Kairo
Atlowe Cielsworth

"Hello to you. Are you here for the Doctor as well?" The Sceptile greeted Atlowe. He arched one of his eyebrows, giving her a look that essentially spoke for itself. Why else would I be here...? He thought to himself. Surely his explorer gear gave it away, but then again, he realized the Sceptile may have just been trying to start a conversation. Before he could say anything however, another voice chimed into the conversation.

"Hm, well, welcome! All on board for the expedition trip, I assume? Doctor Salen, at your service. And of course, Scara's here as well, though I imagine she's a bit harder to spot than I was." He said, clearing his throat and giving a bow out of respect. "I figured this is probably most of us, so a recap would be lovely. We'll be traveling on these Rapidash," He said. "And it'll take us about an hour to get to the site." Atlowe widened his eyes a bit. An hour?! He didn't realize it would have take that long, but he quickly regained his composure as the Doctor continued to speak. "Alright, so if riding solo isn't your idea means of traveling, consider jumping on this instead." The Doctor pointed at the wagon that was harnessed to a few Rapidashes, which Atlowe assumed to be mainly for the other bulkier Pokemon. If he were a Blastoise, he would have to ride on too, however, Atlowe knew the Rapidash was more than capable of carrying him.

"The Rapidash were specifically conditioned and trained over time for sandy environments,"The small critter-like Pokémon on the Doctor's shoulder spoke, adding on to the briefing. "They charge us a hefty fee, but I have everything covered." She finished. Atlowe smirked to himself. Even if they did have to pay, money certainly wasn't an issue. In fact, he figured he could have probably payed for everything himself.

"No excavation will be done today. We will be surveying the area and examining its condition, creating maps and grids for the site. In other words, we are preparing the site for future excavation projects that will follow soon after--perhaps a few days from now. I assume that you'd be present for that as well." The Doctor added. He jumped onto a Rapidash, sitting snugly onto the saddle on the Pokémon's back. "Without further ado, we should depart for the site soon. If you'd like, ask me on the way." He finished.

"Hehe, nope! I think I have everything I need to know, Doctor!" Atlowe enthusiastically shouted, before hastily walking towards a Rapidash, getting on by grabbing the reins and foot pedestal, hoisting himself up. "C'mon let's go! The quicker we get going, get quicker we can get to that treasure!" He shouted excitedly to the other group members.

Plumbum

The Dandy Highwayman (That You're Too Scared to Me
Years
"I will use my feet." The voice came from just outside of the stables and it was from a Pokémon none of the others were likely to have met yet, she had elected to stay outside of the city, in the sand she knew and under the stars that would greet her every night and enter only for the meet, even now she seemed reluctant to come forward and speak to them. "Tell me too what is 'surveying'? I come to claim my people's thing." she added, stumbling over her own words perhaps a little. "That is my duty and acceptable is nothing else."

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
Years

Giles Shaw

To the Tomb

28 // Assistant Librarian // Male

Giles looked around at his traveling companions, then looked back at the Rapidash with unease evident in his narrowing eyes. He believed himself to be rather too short to successfully ride the horse pokémon. As he watched, the Kagaskhan woman climbed up into the carriage and patted the seat beside her.

"Room for more."

Well. That was certainly an option. But the lady appeared to be rather intensely staring down an Espeon.

Giles flicked his gaze back to the horses as the Wartortle enthusiastically shouted, "Hehe, nope! I think I have everything I need to know, Doctor! C'mon let's go! The quicker we get going, the quicker can get to that treasure."

Giles frowned in distaste. "Delightful. A simple-minded glory-seeker," he muttered under his breath. It would not do to have to engage in conversation with that.

In that instant, Giles made his decision. With brisk steps, he crossed over to the wagon and pulled himself up. Nodding at the Kangaskhan woman as he offered his hand.

"Giles Shaw, a pleasure to meet you." He paused. "I, er… Do hope this seat wasn't reserved?"

EternalSushi

Fresh for a lifetime.
Years
  • Age 27
  • HK
  • Seen Sep 9, 2017
Shifting Sands
Kairo

Dr. Delta Salen & Scara

[Art by Haychel]

"I will use my feet."

Delta blinked as a Braixen walked into view, taken back by her response. "Oh, um, hello! Are you here for the expedition as well? It's...quite far from here, so I don't think walking would do you any good. I would really recommend a Rapidash."

Scara sat silently atop the Lucario's shoulder, tapping her legs against his fur and flesh with a light grumble escaping her throat. They were taking quite a while! She hoped that the explorers won't be this slow inside the tomb...or the entire expedition would take them days instead of hours.

"Delta, let's not delay our arrival. Think we should be going pretty soon if we were to arrive by noon."

With a curt nod, the archaeologist tapped his Rapidash's side with his foot and glanced behind his shoulder, the Rapidash slowly moving out of the stables. Taking in a deep breath, he placed his paws by his maw, yelling back at the others. "Alright, we'll be getting a move on then! Those who still haven't joined the wagon, do so, and those who are planning on taking a more independent approach, well, I'd expect you to catch up fairly quickly on a horse."

The Rapidash pulling the wagon soon followed Delta's guidance and lead, taking off rather slowly as they maneuvered out of the gates. Once they were out, however, the group of explorers were moving at a decently comfortable pace, coursing above the deep desert sand beneath the blinding sun.

Delta was glad to see determination, but truly...this bunch was a little different from the rest. Shaking that thought aside, he looked up ahead and squinted his eyes, wincing lightly as they fought against breezes of sandy wind. "Say, Scara, shall we investigate the upper chambers when we arrive?"

The small arachnid simply shook her head, voice flat and monotone. "Lower first."

"Really? The upper chambers are..." Delta sighed, tail swishing about in playful annoyance. "Fine. Lower first then."

(Let's try to get this show on the road! Everyone that hasn't posted yet should probably frantically get on a horse or the wagon to catch up. Things will pick up once we get there.)

Last edited:
Years
Jane Bowen
Riding in Style

The Charmeleon fellow climbs into the wagon, offering his hand almost nervously. "Giles Shaw, a pleasure to meet you. I, er… Do hope this seat wasn't reserved?"

Jane shakes her head, gingerly shaking Giles' hand so she doesn't crush it. "Jane." She glances at Lina, who is making a lot of noise over a lot of nothing. She snorts whispering to Giles. "Spoiled kid. Demanding. Needs to learn respect."

The carriage starts moving, almost leaving a few companions behind. They hurry to catch up, with the haughty Espeon taking the time to apply makeup. Jane scoffs, not quite seeing the point. All the eye shadow in the world couldn't help a girl like herself, but one as pretty as Lina shouldn't need it.

She leans forward slightly, to catch Lina's attention. "Pretty. Feel better?"

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure
Years

PinRS352.gif
Eva Leena: Late?!
PinRS352.gif

wartortle.png
feraligatr.png
kangaskhan.png
charmeleon.png
espeon.png
espeon.png
lucario.png

For a reptile like Eva, the warm Yegypt sun was perfect. Here, she could sunbathe without even trying! If all expeditions were going to be like this in the future then she was excited for what was ahead of her! The excitement of working with Delta Selan and his lovely assistant had her up early this morning. Putting her stuff together, getting her nerves in check, getting her face ready all of that stuff. She smiled in the mirror five or six times before she thought she had it right. At least right enough for her tastes. Either way, it was perfect and she proudly strode out of her hotel room so she could meet the famous explorer! She would be the first one there, no doubt about it! At least that was her goal until...

Well, there wasn't any explaining that had to be done! First of all, she was hungry. There was a merchant selling hot food just outside. She had brought money to spend when she came so why not? And oh was it a good idea. The food was simply emaculate she had to get a second one (which the merchant kindly obliged to). With so much free time on her hands she was able to stop and enjoy her food to the fullest. Well, maybe she would have until she noticed the other sellers nearby. Before Eva knew it she was browsing the bazaar and struggling to keep at least a little money on her. She had spending money, but she wasn't rich! She knew how to haggle, but she wasn't an expert at it. She had to keep reminding herself not to overspend as she looked at beautiful jewelry, good luck charms, toys, figurines, clothes, and even rugs and tapestries! All of it was so tempting to buy! But she only had so much room in her bag.

Well, what could she fit? Well first there was a set of golden bracelets she bought to decorate her tail (there was eager uncurling to do so), then there was a medium sized sculpture of a decorated Persian (a bit weight-y), and finally a tapestry that took a long time to talk down to a price she could still afford. In the end, she was back in her room and putting away the things she bought. The statue on the counter and the tapestry neatly folded on top of the dresser. She kept the ornaments on her tail on, though. She liked the look of them too much to take it off right now. All she had left now was the money to get her back home, but she couldn't say that was a bad thing. She felt satisfied with her time in the town and she wanted to go out again. Maybe this time talking more to the locals than just shopping. What better ways to learn about culture than with conversation? Well, at least that's what she would have done if she hadn't glanced at the clock.

Eva was sprinting out the door before her mind could even comprehend how late she was. Oh crap, oh crap, oh crap! Where it was crowded she dodged past 'mon and where it wasn't she hoped to find some kind of shortcut. Her satchel flew behind her as she ran and she had to hold onto it tightly. If her eagerness hadn't led her to the meeting spot over and over again the other day when she arrived she probably would have never made it in time with how often she'd need to look at her map. But she knew the way and if she didn't get there on time she wouldn't be able to forgive herself! It was a few minutes running before she was able to make out the building and then later still the figures in the distance. There were Rapidash pulling a carriage. and by the looks of it, they were pulling it right out of there! Oh she was late, so late! But at the same time she was just in time and she couldn't be happier.

"Wait! Waaaiiit!" She called out to the group, making herself run even faster even though her legs were beginning to burn. It was as the group was leaving through the gate that she was able to finally catch up and leap onto the back of the ride. Barely making a clean landing, Eva fell to her knees, panting loudly before she was able to speak. "I-I'm here..." She looked up at everyone weakly. The sun was still hot. The nice weather from before now had her overheated after all that running. "Hey... Everyone... E-Excited?" She was. She totally was.

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019

ALI

Entry Two ::​

Professor_Birch_Bag.png

Inventory ^
Equipped ~ None.
Location ~ Rapidash Stables.
Involved Party Members ~ None.

There was an atmosphere of anxiety to the room that Ali appeared immune towards. While the barn came alive with shining eyes and brightened faces, the Espeon appeared a statue amongst them, utterly still in expression. If his tail did not waver rhythmically behind him, if his glowing-white pupils did not shift ever-so-subtly, it would be difficult to concern him from lilac-colored stone.

Perhaps Ali would be more accommodating in providing any excitement if the crunch of straw underfoot--he doubted it was hay now--were less discomforting. If the signature smoldering Fire-type stench did not linger disdainfully in the air, if the barn allowed for more space than just the bare minimum for a handful of Rapidash, a Lucario, two short scaly fellows, a feminine version of himself and a pouch-bearing behemoth. But perhaps Ali's greatest worry could be indicated in the vague rippling of his pelt, the occasional dim flash of the orb upon his forehead. Through deduction, one could suggest he was sensing something, and this was certainly true.

Ali was especially susceptible towards the future. He had no choice but to be, what with the fineness of his fur, his fragility making him especially sensitive to... "the shifts". That was Albus' preferred phraseology. The Man with the Spoon, as they addressed him back home. An expert forecaster, intellectual thinker... and manipulator. Though Albus had only wisdom to provide Ali, that and a Twisted Spoon in which to remember his guidance by. He was but a golden key--and these were again his words--that unlocked the future, allowing Ali full access to the events in which lay ahead. He and Aqil and Alvis, they all had this "third eye", the Future Sight. It was now Ali's turn in his group of close companions to adapt this ability of precognition. The ability was easy to grasp the concept of; Espeon were built to forecast. He was, at this moment, applying his mentor's teachings. Ironically, however, he saw nothing aside from the stables about him, but he felt it. This was just as Albus had intricately explained:

"You will not see the future ahead of you. You will see as you usually see. No, you will feel the future, and that is how you know you have successfully used Future Sight."

And Ali did feel a rush crawling rapidly down his spine, triggering a tremor, both brief and grand. The feeling he identified as fear, perhaps paranoia. Anxiety, and not in the positive way as his peers exemplified, clambering into saddles and a translucent carriage. Swiftly he realized this was an indicator of nothing else but impending danger. A universe moving faster than his, an hours-older Ali was shouting warnings from him from an unknown location.

The Espeon drew conclusion after conclusion. The unknown location: the ruins. Undoubtedly; nothing would tear him away from them, and he knew this. The danger must have come from instability of some sort. A collapse within the group, within the structure, that would lead to a domino effect. One thing wrong and the entire situation would come crashing down, and Ali received this impression from the emotions felt after his Future Sight. That paranoid feeling, it had arose from what was to come, not what had already happened. He was frightened of what the instability was bound to cause.

From just ahead of him, two unclaimed Rapidash conversed among the others. There was a sort of intensity in their speech. Though hushed were their voices, their sharp glances in Ali's directions were anything but subtle. It was at this moment his mind dropped from evaluating mode and he re-entered the present, where the wagon was pulling out of the barn steadily, Dr. Salen and his inch-high assistant having already trotted out of view. Immediately he straightened his bags and padded over to the towering male Rapidash who'd be speaking with his sturdy female peer, yellow brow furrowed irritably as he neighed down at him:

"N'ah, I see. You come over here last minute. What were you thinkin' 'bout over there, buddy? 'as it that important? Great 'gigas."

"Your only concern related to me should be delivering me to the site of the ruins." Ali's voice was cool but his violet eyes flared just as the Rapidash's mane did.

The equestrian clicked his tongue in reply. "Not likin' your attitude." He voiced no qualms when Ali scuffled onto his back, only stooped down and rolled his eyes as the Espeon took slow and careful movements. Fortunately, the female Rapidash was quick to nip his ear, otherwise Ali may have tried something himself.

"He's a client," she reminded gruffly, and it was all the explanation necessary. The male gave only a harrumph before setting out of the stables, much to Ali's relief. Heat invigorated him, especially the morning light of the sun, the greatest warmth he could ever imagine.

Surprisingly, the other Rapidash followed Ali's from the stables. Clearly she thought lowly of the prospect of being left in those conditions alone. Even with an empty saddle, she would be making a trip to the ruins alongside them all. "Would've made it anyway if my client had bothered to show up. Lousy Grass types, always ditchin' last minute."

Ali found himself nodding both in agreement and with somnolence as he was dowsed in soothing, warm light. The ice-cold paranoia couldn't but hold a candle to the sun as it melted it away, leaving a steamy cloud of wariness in Ali's mind. He remembered that nothing would tear him away from the ruins. He remembered, ever so faintly, that disaster was guaranteed.​

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
The Odd Psychic

Felix could only do one thing. It was actually his favorite pastime really. He would twiddle his thumbs as he looked around at the few tents that had been set up. He hadn't met with the others at the meeting point. He had instead opted to just arrive at the tomb itself and hopefully miss a whole lot of the starting drama. Everyone would more than likely be so excited to enter the tomb and start finding rare artifacts that none would really raise an issue with the odd Alakazam.

Felix bit down on his lower lip as he looked out at the sandy dunes, wondering when they would be arriving. Perhaps it would be best if they arrived at night? Now that he thought hard about it, it would definitely be better if they arrived when they could barely make out his features. All he could do was hope that they wouldn't be as bad as the others back at the museum. He just had to show no offense. Make it so that they wouldn't get any enjoyment from whatever teasing words they had.

It was a new start, that was for certain. The only thing left to do was twiddle his thumbs and wait patiently.

Back