The PokéCommunity Forums Create & Discover Art Studio
Showcase Ice's Fakemon Iglo

Art Studio For visual art, photography, and music! Pokémon related or not, showcase or discuss anything related to the creative arts.

Old May 21st, 2015 (12:38 PM).
Simic Synthesis

Nature: Timid
Only take a brief glimpse over the fakedex and some update posts - but can I say I love the fact that you made a evolution line of psychic pokemon based off starcraft? :3
Old May 21st, 2015 (1:16 PM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ullion View Post
Only take a brief glimpse over the fakedex and some update posts - but can I say I love the fact that you made a evolution line of psychic pokemon based off starcraft? :3
You're the second one to notice, haha. I thought they would make a fun psychic type line, haha.

I also made a new guy. Another ice type (What did ya expect?) I'll calm my self with them after this one, haha. I will be redoing some other ice types from my old dex, though.

Old May 24th, 2015 (2:10 AM).

I noticed I lacked electric types in the dex, so I tried to design some new ones.

Old May 25th, 2015 (2:28 AM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice View Post

I did some tiles. I have done an overworld too at the moment, but it's not implemented in my game yet. I took this screenshot to showcase the house and the trees mainly.
Oh wow those are pretty nice trees! It's always good to see more vegetation tiles - are you working on any new tiles at the moment? :)
Old May 25th, 2015 (11:25 AM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mana View Post
Oh wow those are pretty nice trees! It's always good to see more vegetation tiles - are you working on any new tiles at the moment? :)
I'm planning on redoing my grass tiles, both long and short, and path tiles, to fit the style a bit better. I have some buildings that I did which I have not posted yet, so I'll leave those here. I am working on simple variations to make the towns seem less sameish, and create some diversity.

Old June 20th, 2015 (10:49 AM).

Posting a WIP to show I'm still doing stuff, haha. It's a character idea I had, and I'm trying to branch out in my sprites, so it's a non-pokemon one. It's Admiral Hopps, a stone cold killer that wears fake bunny ears. I haven't scratched everything in this picture, as it's based on a Phoenix Wright sprite, but I have edited everything. The bunny ears will get a redo, because those are awful, haha. I decided to show a version in which I hadn't removed them yet to show the concept of the character. The facial features are probably something I don't want to touch anymore, but what is left is the ears and the outfit.

Old June 21st, 2015 (10:48 AM).

Welp, he's done. Admiral Admiral Hopps. He's an Admiral. He wears bunny ears, fake buckteeth, and he fights with a two golden carrots connected to each other like nunchucks he calls "The 24 Carrot".

Old July 4th, 2015 (6:48 AM).

Some character OWs for a Game Jam entry on another forum I am hoping to make. I'll include some information in a spoiler under here, if anyone is interested in it. It's a recruitment post though, and I don't feel like editing it, haha.

And a gif of the Diglet character:

Spoiler:

Time to advertise my idea for a game jam game.

I'm working on a concept that's mainly puzzle focused, where the main mechanic is the different abilities the player controls. These abilities are:
  • Fire: The ability to breath fire, and with it to destroy trees, and other obstacles that burn easily.
  • Water: The ability to cross water, in the form of waterfalls, rivers and lakes.
  • Grass: The ability to scale walls through vines

The player switches between these powers through triggers, and they are visualized by the suit the player is wearing. The world that this is set in is recognizable by the fashion of the people, as they all wear the costume of the one pokemon they use. Or rather, the pokemon you own is dictated by your outfit. If one were to change the outfit, the pokemon they owned changed. The player is the only one capable of doing so, switching between Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle. This is how the player switches between these abilities, and the pokemon they have changes with them.

The world I imagine for this project, is very feral, and overgrown. Towns don't exist, and people live in caves, trees, and tents. The whole world is only inhabited by 16 characters at most, each modeled after one pokemon.

If anyone is interested, I'm in need of a coder the most. I have figured out to do it with minimal code, through eventing, but some code would always be nice. I myself will be able to take care of the sprite duties, and the mapping, and eventing. This can totally be shared, though. Any help would be nice, and it's just fun to work together on a project. I have done some concepts, for which I do still need to make the actual movement animations, but I think it's great to get a good indication of what I'm going for characterwise. Link.
What is written out here is just a concept, and I'm always a fan of feedback, and discussing the ideas. This is not set in stone yet.
Old July 4th, 2015 (8:05 AM).

o: what an awesome idea! Sounds like a great puzzle game, and those sprites are all really cute. Loveeee diglett-guy.
Old July 10th, 2015 (1:38 AM).

There seemed to be a clear lack of Steel and Fairy types in my dex, so I've decided to make a new line that has that typing. Here is it's first form, Banklet.
Old July 11th, 2015 (3:09 AM).

2 new sprites, both evolutions for older ones. Uruburn is the final evolution for Willowisp and Ignatuus, and Mansip is the final evolution for Grounip.

Old July 12th, 2015 (3:22 PM).

My most recent sprites.

Sproute, the sprite pokemon

Grass/Psychic type

Sproute skip around forests, and patrol the trees. They take care of the trees, and live in them. A big tree can house hundreds of Sproute.

Tread, the ent pokemon

Grass/Psychic type

Tread are very calm pokemon. They pick a tree and they will protect it at all cost. When a tree is in danger, they call upon each others help.

Druyad, the forest protector pokemon

Grass/Psychic type

Druyad roam the forest, and protect it from any harm. With the gems on their hands, they can conjure illusions to scare away threads.
Old August 9th, 2015 (1:00 PM).

Did some work today. It's been a while.

First off, I made a fossil fakemon

Then I made alternate forms for two of the three mushroom based pokemon. Foongus and Amoongus are coming up, and Shroomish and Breloom might be redone, depending on the reaction.

And finally, I made a sprite based on someone else's artwork. The original is made by AdrianoL-Drawings on DeviantArt. I really, really recommend you check his work out.

Old August 16th, 2015 (4:07 AM).

These are the evolved forms of the starter for my fangame. They evolve from a pure Fairy type base stage, depending on their hold item. They're based on Elementals, and carry the essence of their typing. This whole supernatural/mythological aspect is where their fairy typing comes from.

??? (Starting at Level 25, Holding Soul of Growth) -> Primossal (Grass/Fairy)
???(Starting at Level 25, Holding Soul of Blaze) -> Primolta (Fire/Fairy)
??? (Starting at Level 25, Holding Sould of Tide) -> Primaqua (Water/Fairy)
Old August 17th, 2015 (11:58 AM).

Those are some really nice tile sets with the house and trees. Did you create them all from scratch? They're really professional, Im jealous.
    Old August 17th, 2015 (11:50 PM).

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Master Summoner View Post
    Those are some really nice tile sets with the house and trees. Did you create them all from scratch? They're really professional, Im jealous.
    They're edits from the FR/LG tileset. I just fiddled around with them a lot.
    Old August 29th, 2015 (8:03 AM).

Hi Ice, you have some really creative and interesting mons there. I think Gamefreak should hire you, they are clearly running out of ideas, since there weren't that many new creatures in X and Y. Gamefreak NEEDS more people like you! :)
      Old November 2nd, 2015 (12:06 PM).

Didn't post for a while, but I did some simple sprite art for the characters from the Gunpowder RPT.

Old November 7th, 2015 (10:24 PM).
      The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D's Avatar
      The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D is offline

I really like the idea of thorthadal :o

Old November 11th, 2015 (10:01 AM).

Love Lnyx <3
          Old November 13th, 2015 (4:20 PM).
          small independent marshmallow

Nature: Gentle
            oh wow!!! just even from looking at your first page to your most recent stuff, i can tell that you've improved quite a bit! i love looking through art threads/galleries and seeing all the progress that people make, it's so inspiring. your sprites are so cool, and the quality is great as well! and i'm actually kind of jealous myself, haha. the most work i've done with sprites are simple recolors, but i can tell that you've been working at it and you know what you're doing. i'm enjoying admiral hopps, lol. look forward to seeing what else you come up with!
            Old November 21st, 2015 (2:16 PM).

Enjoy some retypes

Charmander, Poison type:

Bidoof/Bibarel, Ice type:

Crustle/Dwebble, Grass/Poison:

Old November 22nd, 2015 (11:46 PM).
            HERO

They look cute although I think Charmander is awfully dark to make out details.
              Old December 27th, 2015 (5:02 AM).

I made a door to practice shading and texture a bit, but I don't feel like I've completely nailed it yet. All tips, tricks and cheat codes are welcome.

I also have some region stuff to drop. Here's my fairy type starter and it's three evolutions.

Old December 27th, 2015 (5:52 AM).
              Oro.........?

Nature: Quirky
              By the way the door has good design. The design for the fairy type starters are really cool! Keep it up!

Quick Reply