• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Black 2 hack: Pokémon Kanto/Sevii Islands NDS Rom Base

KJGungeon

Rom-hacker, & Researcher
Years
Hello PokéCommunity!
Development has been resumed

Progress (More scans on the way)
Pallet Town HD Rendered Textures

Route 1

Gameplay Video:

So what's done and I'm currently working on?
  • All mapping of Kanto and Sevii Islands are done and is just waiting to be imported correctly into the ROM.
  • Spriting OWs (A lot of work but I want to focus on getting the demo done first.)
  • Still need to fix all warps, and events systems. (Hopefully but anyone who will be using this base will eventually create their own scripts etc.)
  • Fix and re-position Flying on the Map. (I don't even know where to begin will definitely have bugs)
  • Plane Scene Script from B2W2 can't take you to the different islands.

Important stuff I'm finished with :)
  • A Whole New Matrix System
  • Island Names appear in the game now but some 3D Maps haven't been created yet
  • HD Rendered Tilesets thanks to Photoshop.

[/B][/SIZE]
Tools and Thanks
  • Spiky DS Map Editor 1.9.0 thank you Spiky-Eared Pichu ;P <---- I miss this guy!
  • MKDS Course Modifier(Latest) thank you Gericom!
  • All the tools by KazoWar!
  • Google Sketchup 2016 thank you Google!
  • HxD Hex Editor
  • Adobe Photoshop CC
  • The many members of Pokecommunity who contributed with NDS Rom Hack Scene will be a part of the credit scenes.
  • The many creators of DeviantART for overworld sprites and ideas.

Last edited:

RB11

Creator of Pokémon Diamond and Pearl Advance
Years
This is awesome :D I was thinking of doing something like this.
I know its a rom base but it really should be in progressing hacks! I have a few ideas, like changing some of the textures (I'm pretty sure it's possible) and stuff, but overall the idea you have is great.
Keep it up! :)

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
Look like a really bold project. Hope you can complete it :)

Just a question: Why are you not using a Black 2 / White 2 rom since they have some graphical updates compared to BW? (And even have some Hoenn sprites inserted into them)

KJGungeon

Rom-hacker, & Researcher
Years
Look like a really bold project. Hope you can complete it :)

Just a question: Why are you not using a Black 2 / White 2 rom since they have some graphical updates compared to BW? (And even have some Hoenn sprites inserted into them)

Well the maps can be inserted into Black 2 and White 2. So in the future maybe I could extract the map datas in put them into B2/W2. It will just be a lot of hassles, but hopefully until I finish mapping the game I'll think about it. Also yea I totally forgot about the Tournament Sprites from B2/W2!

Update ROUTE 103

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
Well the maps can be inserted into Black 2 and White 2. So in the future maybe I could extract the map datas in put them into B2/W2. It will just be a lot of hassles, but hopefully until I finish mapping the game I'll think about it. Also yea I totally forgot about the Tournament Sprites from B2/W2!

Update ROUTE 103

I get it. Let's see how this progress.

Good luck! ;)

KJGungeon

Rom-hacker, & Researcher
Years
All notes aside I will now FOCUS the game into Pokemon Black 2 direction as my maps render out really nice and even better than the BW engine. There is way more space in the header and the matrix data doesn't get corrupted easily. There are no words to explain how beautifully done this Base Rom will go through. The game feels a bit better and more like RSE Style you could say.
Edited_File_3.png

RB11

Years
All notes aside I will now FOCUS the game into Pokemon Black 2 direction as my maps render out really nice and even better than the BW engine. There is way more space in the header and the matrix data doesn't get corrupted easily. There are no words to explain how beautifully done this Base Rom will go through. The game feels a bit better and more like RSE Style you could say.
Edited_File_3.png

Its beautiful! I think it would be awesome if you made custom sprites for trainers. And are you using Wesley fgs rse bw overworlds?

Fotomac

Genwunner and proud of it
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 9, 2023
Its beautiful! I think it would be awesome if you made custom sprites for trainers. And are you using Wesley fgs rse bw overworlds?

Speaking of which, I was thinking of doing custom sprites for an NDS-style FR/LG update, if you or someone else were to do FR/LG for an NDS base rom.

RB11

Years
Speaking of which, I was thinking of doing custom sprites for an NDS-style FR/LG update, if you or someone else were to do FR/LG for an NDS base rom.
Oh really! That idea popped into my head a few times, but right now I'm working on a HGSS demake.
If I ever lose motivation my second project was definitely gonna be FRLG NDS rom lol.

KJGungeon

Rom-hacker, & Researcher
Years
I really like what you're doing here, actually. It's about time someone stepped up to the plate.

I did happen to notice though, your trees are all flat and makes the spaces between the trees really awkward. Aren't they supposed to be in a cross-shape? Or are you doing this intentionally?

Yea I want to make the texture editing easier for people to use. With this kind of setup you can import textures from any good artist out there. It will display the textures better if edited correctly.

Fotomac

Also I'm still trying to figure out which Overworlds I want to use since now I'm using the B2W2 Roms they have every gym leaders I needed. Just the main sprites that i'm trying to figure out.

KJGungeon

Rom-hacker, & Researcher
Years
My bad on my previous thread update yesterday. It seems I failed and called Petalburg City Vermillion City. I'm going to release an Alpha once I mapped up to Petalburg.

Route 102.1 out of 2 maps:

BLAx501!

Pokemon Flux
Years
I think the only thing I can point out from this us that you are making the maps, too big IMO. I mean, the layout is good, but towns will look too much empty wiht big maps :/

Great job, keep going on man :D

Back