Sopheria

響け〜 響け!

Female
深き海の彼方
Seen December 17th, 2017
Posted December 17th, 2017
4,904 posts
6.1 Years
At this stage we don't know anything about the region Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon will be set in, so that leaves the door wide open to speculation galore! Regions are one of my favorite aspects of a main series game, and they're what really define the character and feel of a generation/game. So what do you speculate the region for this game will be like? Or will it even be set in a new region at all?? Share your thoughts and have fun speculating!
Paired with Dragon and Koakuma

Salzorrah

grassium Z

Age 22
Female
Floaroma Town, Sinnoh
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted July 15th, 2019
Two new games, question is, where are they taking place? Would it be in Southern Kalos, or somewhere different? What place did they base the region from?

SPECULATE AWAY!

Altius

Flygon Fan

Age 23
Male
Singapore
Seen February 26th, 2019
Posted February 26th, 2019
1,010 posts
7.1 Years
Saw the trailer and observed the portion with the Horsea fountain (looks like an aquarium... Because they had pictures of a spheal and staryu on the structure), it feels rather European. Could they use a new region based on say... Germany? And linked to Kalos in later-game?

This game seems to introduce vehicles too... This region should be huge.

Dawn

of the Final Day

Age 30
Non-binary
Away with the fairies
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 12 Hours Ago
11,103 posts
5.2 Years
I'd hope for another region based on a place in the world that isn't Japan; perhaps another area in Europe. The French inspiration and culture really shone through in Kalos, and I'd love to see them step outside of their comfort zone and do that again...perhaps Germany, or Spain, or Italy...or the UK. The UK would be best. /notbiasedatall

I want some ancient ruins regardless of where it's set, though. Maybe some with an Egyptian or Aztec motif, just because. Or maybe an old castle to explore?

Castform

Age 25
Male
Weather Institute in Hoenn
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
21,587 posts
7.3 Years
I really hope for a story that takes the game beyond the Pokemon universe, potentially into space but on a much larger spectrum than ORAS did in the Delta Episode. I think with the game titles that it's certainly a large possibility that could happen :)

TCB

Tranquilo.

Age 25
Male
New York City, USA
Seen August 16th, 2019
Posted February 21st, 2019
588 posts
9.7 Years
Well that hotel in the concept art resembled a hotel in Singapore pretty well, so I can assume that this new region will incorporate elements of that area. As for it tying with Kalos...that can also be plausible. It looks like a tropical-esque setting similar to Kiloude City (the palm trees were my biggest sign).

Lycanthropy

Owl + Bear =
Owlbear

Age 22
Male
That place called... Wait, what was it called again?
Seen October 8th, 2019
Posted October 8th, 2019
10,789 posts
5.9 Years
I really hope for a story that takes the game beyond the Pokemon universe, potentially into space but on a much larger spectrum than ORAS did in the Delta Episode. I think with the game titles that it's certainly a large possibility that could happen :)
I really hope so, maybe that will finally give us an answer to the question what Pokémon live it outer space. The region itself could be based on the US then, since that's where NASA is stationed. (And we've already had Japan (a lot) and Europe now, so America might be a very plausible follow-up.)

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥

Age 25
Male
Alola
Online now
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
785 posts
8.6 Years
Going from the picture, it's clearly tropical and the roof design, gives me feelings of Australia, a lot of older buildings in Australia mainly have curved tin roofs. My hope for a UK based region is slowly waning away now (I wanted to see cobbled streets, terrace houses, a lovely countryside, royalty...), but Australia would be great too, I mean, who wouldn't want to see Sydney or Melbourne? (I'd love a reference to my two favorite TV shows too, haha) and Australia would be a great setting for a region, I mean we have some of the deadliest of animals!
"Hello, I'm your hope, you're my hope, I'm J-Hope!" - J-Hope

"Music really transcends languages, and it means so much." - RM

"Go on your path, even if you live for a day." - Jimin

"Cause I'm Irish, and everyone remembers me." - Niall Horan

"Treat people with kindness." - Harry Styles

"Feel free to insult me, but you don’t have the right to insult our fans." - Louis Tomlinson

"Believe in something bigger than yourself and find your purpose." - Justin Bieber

Hikamaru

Age 27
Female
Australia
Seen January 24th, 2019
Posted September 4th, 2018
50,233 posts
8.7 Years
Since they're adding the Chinese language into the game for the first time, I can imagine the region being based on China. If not, I'm hoping for a European based location again like Britain or Italy.
There's another thread that's mentioning the new region might be based on Singapore, which is an Asian country, so that seems close enough.
Gone forever for personal reasons.
Visit my Tumblr page if you wish to contact me.

http://daikenkki.tumblr.com/

Hikamaru

Age 27
Female
Australia
Seen January 24th, 2019
50,233 posts
8.7 Years
Going from the picture, it's clearly tropical and the roof design, gives me feelings of Australia, a lot of older buildings in Australia mainly have curved tin roofs. My hope for a UK based region is slowly waning away now (I wanted to see cobbled streets, terrace houses, a lovely countryside, royalty...), but Australia would be great too, I mean, who wouldn't want to see Sydney or Melbourne? (I'd love a reference to my two favorite TV shows too, haha) and Australia would be a great setting for a region, I mean we have some of the deadliest of animals!
Ah yes Australia would be a great idea for a region design (and I happen to be from Sydney myself), especially with all the unique animal species we have here that could make for good new Pokemon designs (we still haven't had a koala Pokemon yet, really?) and a good number of the major cities here would make for good city designs.

Esper

California
Seen June 30th, 2018
Posted June 30th, 2018
10,753 posts
10.5 Years
There's another thread that's mentioning the new region might be based on Singapore, which is an Asian country, so that seems close enough.
Most people in Singapore are Chinese so that fits well together. Based on the same thought it could be Hong Kong, too, or maybe Taiwan.
Age 27
Male
Staten Island, NY
Seen April 28th, 2019
Posted September 27th, 2018
153 posts
9.4 Years
Since Red, Blue, and Yellow Pokemon are compatible with the new games, could the Gen. 7 region be Kanto, only updated with new features and technologies? IMO it would make sense because the games will be somewhat related.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste. And a gross thing to recycle.

"Too much water" - IGN, The most hypocritical statement of all time.

Dawn

of the Final Day

Age 30
Non-binary
Away with the fairies
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 12 Hours Ago
11,103 posts
5.2 Years
Hmmm...I don't think so, somehow.I can't really see them revisiting an old region in a brand new game outside of a remake. I got the impression that Red, Blue and Yellow would be compatible with Pokemon Bank to establish that link to the past titles that wasn't present before, rather than as a hint for things to come.

If anything, that link suggests to me a lot of the Gen I Pokemon might not be available in Sun and Moon. I doubt they'll go quite that far, but that'd be the indicator I'd take away from that before a hint of the next games being back in Kanto.

Castform

Age 25
Male
Weather Institute in Hoenn
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
21,587 posts
7.3 Years
I would highly doubt it. The titles of these games really don't make a whole lot of sense for them to be based in Kanto and not to mention the art that was shown doesn't appear to show anything that we have ever seen in Kanto. We also have new Pokemon so I am fully inclined to believe this is a completely unexplored region.

Hikamaru

Age 27
Female
Australia
Seen January 24th, 2019
50,233 posts
8.7 Years
Chase is right, it's more likely a new and currently unnamed region than Kanto.

Female
Seen April 22nd, 2018
Posted March 2nd, 2018
895 posts
5 Years
I can't really see them revisiting an old region in a brand new game outside of a remake.
You realize that GF actually has done that before?

However, that's only even more of a reason to believe that SM won't be RBY sequels. RBY already had sequels, and threequels rarely work out well. What left is there to tell about Kanto when GSC already gave the region closure? The door was slammed pretty hard on Team Rocket's story, and it would only feel ridiculous and forced for them to return for a third time. And, who wants to see a completely brand new, unrelated Evil Team in an iconic, familiar region? Kanto stops being Kanto when you start replacing all of the old characters with brand new ones just for the sake of story.

SM are very likely Generation 7 and will be set in a brand-new region. We could still see an older region return as a postgame storyline, but it's been so long since GF last did that, the odds are pretty low.

Dawn

of the Final Day

Age 30
Non-binary
Away with the fairies
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 12 Hours Ago
11,103 posts
5.2 Years

Well, obviously I meant as the focal point of the story, not as a postgame addition. I didn't think I needed to make that point specifically...but here I am, retroactively stating it.

Smiffy01

Ace Trainer

Male
Seen August 17th, 2016
Posted August 17th, 2016
42 posts
4 Years
I think it will be a new awesome region that is unexplored and full of adventure!
"Spearows! Do you know who I am? I'm Ash, from the town of Pallet. I'm destined to be the world's number one Pokémon master! I can't be defeated by the likes of you. I'm going to capture and defeat you all! ...Pikachu, go inside the Poké Ball--it's the only way! ...COME AND GET ME!!!

Mawa

[i]The typo Queen [/i]

Age 26
Female
Canada
Seen 3 Days Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
4,753 posts
5.6 Years
Since Red, Blue, and Yellow Pokemon are compatible with the new games, could the Gen. 7 region be Kanto, only updated with new features and technologies? IMO it would make sense because the games will be somewhat related.

I doubt it will happen, but I would love that! :3
Except that we might find this map small with all we got now.. I would be nice as an expansion. Like they did in B2/W2.
Advertiser Content