• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Travel Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
Figured we could use a thread to write down updates on our adventures through Kanto now that RBY have been re-released 8) Feel free to get creative with your updates!

Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2023
Ok well here goes nothing.

I started off by naming my character RED as a throwback to the original red v blue rivalry. (in the spirit of this rival is named BLUE.)

After withdrawing my secret potion I chose to head out to the tall grass but was stopped by an old man and given 2 things.

1. A starter pokemon - for this run I chose bulbasaur because while he wasn't my first I figured hey same game new system so different starter then usual.

Bulbasaur - Gaia (achievement get)

2. A pokedex - the second item given to me by the professor was something he called a pokedex which he then tasked me and his grandson BLUE to go and complete his magnum opus.

Pokedex Quest - (achievement get)

After a bit of training near viridian city and having caught a new teammate (a spearow named GALEWINGS) we choose to stock up on various items before heading out into the loaming viridian forest home to all sorts of horrid bugs.

Upon entering the forest we were ambushed not by trainers or even hostile insects but instead by an electrical rat attempting to make off with our food. Instead of letting the pest escape do Gaia quickly trapped the pest and I caught it with a poke ball. (pikachu named KAMINARI).

After such an eventful day starting my journey through Kanto. I've made three new friends and I see only greatness in our future.

Team
Bulbasaur - Gaia
Spearow - Galewings
Pikachu - Kaminari

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
Pokémon Yellow Journal

I named my trainer Ryan and decided to make it an Electric Monotype. Ryan plans to become Kanto's Premier Electric Trainer.

Events

-Received Pika the Pikachu from Oak.
- Beat Rival Gary's Eevee in Oak's Lab.
- Got Package for Oak
- Beat Gary again on Route near Viridian City.
- Travelled through Viridian Forest beating the Trainers there.
- Beat Brock's Gym Trainer.
- Ground Pika to Level 16 for battle with Brock.
- Defeated Brock with Pika. Geodude wasn't too tricky but Onix was a real wall and had Bind which trapped Pika at times.
- Travelled to Mt Moon defeating Trainers on the way.

Current Team

Pika the Pikachu - Level 18

Years
So far I've played 43 minutes, 20+ of which were searching for a damn Pikachu in Viridian Forest. (I wonder how much of my life has been wasted on that activity over the years)

I chose Bulbasaur (which I always picked when younger) and so far have caught Pidgey, Weedle and Pikachu. I arrived in Pewter City, but I think I need to go back to catch Mankey and have the second battle with Gary.

I feel your pain with Clefairy.

Last edited:

Smiffy01

Ace Trainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 17, 2016
I brought Blue and Named my trainer Blue, (cos like who loves originality haha) anyway so far I have delivered oaks parcel and I am in veridian city and am about to proceed over to pewter city and get my first badge :P

Smiffy01

Ace Trainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 17, 2016
I just caught A PIKACHU!!!! in viridian forest :D TOO HAPPY RIGHT NOW :P

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I've been playing Pokemon Yellow. Currently leveling up on route 22.

I have Pikachu of course and I also caught a Nidoran(M), Nidoran(F) and a Mankey. Boxed Nidoran(F) already.

Not sure if I want to keep any of these Pokemon. We'll see I guess.

Years
Look what I just caught! ^^

mOf9Ifo.jpg
ZPLxphB.jpg
dxH4VXG.jpg
XLbb2ET.jpg

tl;dr the Mew Glitch is still a thing!

pkmin3033

Welp, I just entered Mt. Moon with three Pokemon at Level 16 (Pikachu, Pidgey and Nidorino) in my copy of Yellow. I'm taking my sweet time with it and enjoying the experience.

I'm not sure what my final team will be, though. For one, I don't know if the Mew glitch will work in Yellow...and for two, I just caught a Clefairy and I dunno if I want to use it instead of Nidorino. Clefable...or Nidoking? I've never used either in a game before, and both can learn a nice wide variety of TMs. It won't take much to bring my Clefairy up to speed with everyone else, so it's a possibility.

Of course, I could ditch Pidgey and use both, buuuuut...I'd feel weird not having a Pidgey in my team before Articuno. Plus I'd need two Moon Stones. Pretty sure you only get one in Mt. Moon. Hmmm. Help. xD

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
Years
Just defeated Brock with my Pikachu, I thought I would struggle like I did originally but this time I spammed tail whip while using potions and then quick attack whenever I can, I plan to add more pokemon to my team once I reach Cerulean City

Team:

Pikachu Lv14

Sirfetch’d

Just caught my Nidoran! The current team is Christos the Nidoran(male) and Kaori the Pikachu. I haven't had much time to play because I've been busy but I should have plenty of time now. On my way to battle Brock 8)

Years
I am now on the brink of six hours play time and I only have the first two badges, but I'm liking the look of my team. Leech seed is so useful in fights you shouldn't win on this game.

Team: Ivysaur Lv20, Pikachu Lv16, Butterfree Lv18, Pidgeotto Lv19, Mankey Lv12, Dugtrio Lv29.

I'm now one pokémon away from my ideal team (I want to complete the game with my favourites). Dugtrio is the one who will eventually make way, hopefully for Dragonite, but the other five are with me until the end.

I need to train up my newly caught Mankey and then hop on the SS Anne. I have 22 in my pokédex which is much closer than I usually am to Gary's boast on the ship.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
Pokémon Yellow Electric Monotype journal

Rolled through Mt Moon and defeated Jessie and James with Pika the Pikachu and now have my second Badge after defeating Misty and defeated Rival Gary by Nugget Bridge.

Current Team

Pika the Pikachu Level 24

Thundershock
Mega Punch
Slam
Thunder Wave

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
Pokémon Yellow Electric Monotype Journal

In a suitably Titanic Battle Pika the Pikachu defeated Lt.Surge's Raichu in a battle of Mega Punching Electric mice earning me the Thunderbadge. Pika is starting to get Overlevelled.

I have picked up the three Starters. It's a shame I can't use them other than for HMs.

Current Team

Pika the Pikachu - Level 33
Bulby the Bulbasaur - Level 10. Knows Cut.

blue

gucci
Years
Currently levelling up Nidoran [M] so that he can learn Double Kick, otherwise it's almost impossible to defeat Brock when playing Yellow! I'm going to try and catch as many as I can since we're able to transfer to Sun & Moon once they are released. 8)

Team

Pikachu Lv. 8
025.png

- Thundershock
- Growl
- Tail Whip
- Thunder Wave

Nidoran ♂ Lv. 7
032.png

- Growl
- Tackle

Pidgey Lv. 7
016.png

- Gust
- Sand Attack

Years
Almost spent ten hours on this now and I'm about to raid the Rocket Game Corner. 3 badges and 26 in the pokedex so far. Hoping to complete the game without blacking out since I've made it this far without doing so.

Team - Ivysaur Lv. 27, Pikachu Lv. 22, Butterfree Lv.23, Pidgeotto Lv.20, Mankey Lv.21, Dugtrio Lv.35.

I need to get Fly to make Pidgeotto more useful. I have a thunderstone ready for Pika when he hits Lv.31.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
My events of yesterday (well in-game events) started with me naming my character Mando and my rival Revan. When it came to picking my starter, I of course chose Squirtle. After going to Viridian City to get Oak's Package, I headed back to Pallet Town to get the Pokedex. Funny thing, after getting the Pokedex, I forgot to get the Town Map. After I bought myself some Pokeballs, I caught some Pokemon on Route 22 and Viridian Forest.

When I reached Pewter City, I visited the museum and then went to the gym where I beat Brock. That was an easy battle. After I finished my business in Pewter, I headed to Mt. Moon. While I was going through there, I encountered Team Rocket. After making my way through all of the Team Rocket members and the Super Nerd, I picked up the Helix Fossil. I then headed to Cerulean City.

While I was in Cerulean City, I battled and defeated Misty. After beating her, I went to visit Bill at the Sea Cottage. When I visited him, I remembered to add a few pages to my Pokedex. After that, my next objective is to go to Vermillion City. I have seen 43 Pokemon and caught 13

Final Fantasy Villains Team
Garland (Squirtle -> Wartortle)
Lv. 28
Moves: Water Gun, Mega Punch, Bubblebeam, Bite

Zemus (to be caught)
Exdeath (to be caught)
Kefka (to be caught)
Gabranth (to be caught)
Cid (to be caught)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Wow, I just encountered and caught a Clefairy on the first floor of Mt. Moon.

That's like a 1% chance. {D:}

I'll take that as a sign to add it to my team. (well I was going to do that anyway)

Edit: and I just encountered another Clefairy as soon as I went downstairs. I'm drowning in Clefairy over here. XD

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
Years
I defeated Misty earlier on, I've just arrived in Vermillion City,just caught myself a Diglett, I'm going to try and train my team so they all match up in levels

My team:

Pikachu Lv25 (a little over levelled as I only used Pikachu until Cerulean City)
Bellsprout Lv20
Charmeleon Lv20
Diglett Lv19

khaozz

Peace sells, but who's buying?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 26, 2018
I meant to type this yesterday, but I was so busy playing Red, I just forgot. Anyway, I started playing yesterday and I decided to use my very first Kanto team. I chose Charmander, named him Charles, and crushed Blue's Squirtle. After defeating Blue again in Route 22 and getting some Poke Balls from Oak (yes, you can get Balls from Oak as long as you beat your rival (after delivering the Parcel) without buying any Poke Balls, then returning to Oak), I caught Isabella (Nidoran-F) in Route 22, then took about an hour trying to find a Pikachu. After all of the Weedle and Kakuna that got in the way, at last, I found Nikola! Welcome to the team, old friend! After grinding everyone, I decided to take on Brock without getting a Butterfree, because I like a challenge! To be honest, he wasn't that hard. Between Geodude and Onix's low Special, Onix wasting turns with Bide while Charles Growled at it, and Brock wasting turns using a Full Heal every time Ember scored a Burn (and it Burned a lot, surprisingly), the Boulder Badge was easy to get.

Both Charles and Isabella evolved at Route 3. Don't worry, Nikola. You'll get your Thunderstone later. Mt. Zubat Moon proved to be as annoying as ever. I found a Moon Stone, but I decided to wait a bit before giving it to Isabella. I usually don't like to evolve my Pokemon too soon. I crushed Team Rocket (although the one with the Lv. 16 Raticate was kinda tricky. How the hell does one get a Raticate before 20, anyway?) I chose the Helix Fossil (praise Helix!), but I don't plan on using it. After finally leaving Mt. Zubat Moon, we hit Cerulean City. Next time, we crush Misty, crush Blue, find new teammates, and perform one of my favorite glitches of all time.

Current team:
Charles the Charmeleon (Lv. 20)
Isabella the Nidorina (Lv. 19)
Nikola the Pikachu (Lv. 20)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back