• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Travel Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
Years
I defeated Koga not long ago and almost forgot to post, i'm just battling my way through Silph co now that my team is complete and all trained to roughly the same level

My team:

Pikachu Lv38
Victreebel Lv38
Charizard Lv38
Poliwrath Lv38
Dugtrio Lv37
Snorlax Lv36

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
I did not do much in my game yesterday. My events of yesterday started with me going back to Vermillion by taking Diglett's Cave. After getting through Diglett's Cave, I headed back to Cerulean to get to Route 9. Nothing to eventful happened on Route 9 except for the fact that Garland evolved to its final form. I also caught a Voltorb, whom I taught Teleport and Flash to. My next objective is to go through Rock Tunnel. I have seen 63 Pokemon and owned 18.

Final Fantasy Villains Team
Garland (Wartortle -> Blastoise)
Lv. 36
Moves: Water Gun, Mega Punch, Bubblebeam, Bite

Kefka (Dugtrio)
Lv. 34
Moves: Scratch, Body Slam, Dig, Sand-Attack

Zemus (to be caught)
Exdeath (to be caught)
Gabranth (to be caught)
Cid (to be caught)

khaozz

Peace sells, but who's buying?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 26, 2018
The Fighting Dojo was as easy as I expected it to be. I chose Hitmonchan so I could trade it to my brother and let him have both. I can just use the Mew Glitch and get both Hitmons anyway. Silph Co was of course a rather long grindfest. I started by going straight to the 5th floor, grabbing the Card Key, and then completing Silph Co. in floor order so I don't miss anything. I let Nikola destroy Blue's team alone, and had Raff solo Giovanni. Both were easy and not really worth going into detail. After getting Lapras (boxed) and the Master Ball, I could finally leave!

Having bought a Poke Doll earlier, I visited the Copycat's house and trader her the Doll for the Mimic TM (and helped myself to the Nugget hidden on her desk). Time for Sabrina! As usual, Eric tanked and destroyed everything (although the Gastly and Haunter were kinda annoying). Eric took out all of Sabrina's Pokemon in one hit, and the Marsh Badge and Psywave TM are ours! Thank you for the awesome job Eric!

Next time, we take on Routes 19 and 20, Seafoam Islands (saving Articuno for later), Cinnabar Island, and maybe mess around with the Old Man Glitch!

Current team:
Nikola the Raichu (Lv. 41)
Isabella the Nidoqueen (Lv. 42)
Eric the Snorlax (Lv. 43)
Chelsea the Vaporeon (Lv. 41)
Rafflesia the Vileplume (Lv. 41)
Charles the Charizard (Lv. 42)

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
Years
Just defeated Sabrina, it was easier than I thought it was going to be, my Snorlax wiped out Abra with one hit from Submission (I accidentally selected it trying to use Body Slam) and Kadabra with one hit from Body Slam, Alakazam took two hits of Body Slam.

My team;

Pikachu Lv41
Victreebel Lv41
Charizard Lv40
Poliwrath Lv40
Dugtrio Lv40
Snorlax Lv41

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Didn't do as much today. I suppose. Cleared out the S.S. Anne, beat Surge, and started clearing out the route to the East of Cerulean City.

Current team:
Wartortle (Level 27)
Nidorina (Level 27)
Parasect (Level 28)

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
I spent my day kicking Team Rocket's ass in the HQ, then did some more at the Pokemon Tower, caught Snorlax (ah the ol' Gen I mechanic of the Pokeball missing completely on harder-to-catch Mons I missed you) and currently getting the Rainbow Badge.

Current team:

Vyse the Charmeleon: Lvl 29
Curien the Haunter: Lvl 28
Akira the Ivysaur: Lvl 29
Arle the Mew: Lvl 31
Hazuki the Pikachu: 32

Bay

Years
Got off to an interesting start. So after I caught myself Spearow and Nidoran, I went to Brock after I have my Nidoran, Dash, learn Double Kick. I decided to go against the trainer inside the gym so Dash can gain some experience, but then it got defeated by a Sandshrew, lol. I thought there was going to be one other trainer, so I trained Dash a bit more until it evolved into a Nidorino. However, there's just Brock lol. I defeated him easily, at least.

After finishing the gym battle, I totally forgot you can battle your rival at Route 22. So I backtracked to see if he's still there, but nope he didn't. Hey, it's been several years since I last played first gen lol.

Shortly after training Hamilton, my Pikachu, and Bell, from a Spearow to Fearow, I went to Mt. Moon. I was in the last section of the cave and I came across a Paras. I had Dash battling it, but it then got struck by Stun Spore and paralyzed, lol. I didn't stock up on paralyze heal nor antidotes due to me purchasing potions and pokeballs mostly, so I used the Escape Rope to go back to Pewter City and stock up on those since I got some money from battling trainers and Team Rocket.

Now I just recently entered Cerulean City, but I stopped the game there and will resume soon.

Current Yellow Team

Pikachu (Hamilton) - Lv 20
-Thundershock
-Double Team
-Slam
-Quick Attack

Nidorino (Dash) - Lv 23
-Poison Sting
-Tackle
-Horn Attack
-Double Kick

Fearow (Bell) - Lv 20
-Peck
-Growl
-Leer
-Fury Attack

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
Years
I defeated Blaine earlier and went straight on to Viridian City to defeat Giovanni and obtain the final gym badge, now that I have it I am about to battle Gary again and head through Victory Road.

My team;

Pikachu Lv44
Victreebel Lv45
Charizard Lv44
Poliwrath Lv45
Dugtrio Lv44
Snorlax Lv44

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
I did a lot in my game yesterday. My events started with me going through Rock Tunnel. I did manage to catch a Machop, but ended up wasting all of my remaining Pokeballs attempting to catch an Onix. Course going through there took quite a bit on Garland and Kefka. After going through there, I made it to Lavender Town.

While I was in Lavender Town, I stocked up on Great Balls. I then headed on Route 8 to the Underground Path that led to Celadon City. While I was in Celadon City, I obtained Eevee. Course since I was not going to use it on my team, I evolved it into Vaporeon. I also obtained TMs 13, 18, 48, and 49. I then proceeded to teach Garland and Kefka new moves.

I then headed to the Game Corner, where apparently my skills at slots had not gotten rusty since I managed to line up three 7s on a diagonal. After that, I made my way through the Team Rocket Hideout. While I was there I battled Giovanni to get the Silph Scope. I then headed to the Prize Corner to get an Abra. Then I headed to the gym where I battled Erika.

After I beat Erika, I decided to go to make a stop at Saffron. While I was in Saffron, I obtained TM29 from Mr. Psychic. I then went to the Fighting Dojo, where I obtained my third team member. After that, I made a quick stop over at Route 2 to trade Abra for Mr. Mime. Then it was time to head back to Lavender Town to go through Pokemon Tower.

While I was in Pokemon Tower, I caught a Gastly, but accidentally fainted a wild Haunter. I then reached the top where I saved Mr Fuji. After that I received the Pokeflute. I then headed west of Celedon where I caught my fourth party member. I then headed on Cycling Road and made it to Fuchsia City. My next objectives are to battle Koga and do the Safari Zone. I have seen 92 Pokemon and owned 27.

Garland (Blastoise)
Lv. 48
Moves: Ice Beam, Skull Bash, Bubblebeam, Bite

Kefka (Dugtrio)
Lv. 43
Moves: Rock Slide, Body Slam, Dig, Slash

Gabranth (Hitmonlee)
Lv. 31
Moves: Double Kick, Meditate

Cid (Snorlax)
Lv. 31
Moves: Headbutt, Amnesia, Rest

Zemus (to be caught)
Exdeath (to be caught)

Last edited:

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
Years
Just defeated the Elite 4 and champion on my first try, wasn't expecting that

My team;

Pikachu Lv50
Victreebel Lv48
Charizard Lv49
Poliwrath Lv50
Dugtrio Lv47
Snorlax Lv48

encas

Don't tread on me.
Years
I have been playing quite a bit on my Virtual Console version of Yellow. Today, I managed to beat Koga with my team mostly around levels 30-35. That was only because I used my Ninetales' Flamethrower to burn through Koga's three Venonat and his Level 50 Venomoth. I don't recall his team being this highly leveled... XD

Currently, I am trying to level grind my team a bit before saving Silph Co. from Team Rocket.

Player name: Buddy
Time: 17:09

Current Team:

-Amber (Magmar, Level 15...thanks, Mew glitch!)
-Jin (Farfetch'd, Level 35)
-Renee (Wartortle, Level 33)
-Chacha (Pikachu, Level 31)
-Terry (Rhyhorn, Level 32)

Bay

Years
Did the usual Cerulean City stuff tonight. I first beat Misty, then after that went to the bridge and dealt with Team Rocket. Along the way I got Charmander as a gift, named him Zuko, and visited Bill. Trained Zuko until he evolved into Charmelon. Thinking I'll go ahead to Vermillion City next. Oh, and used the moonstone to evolve Dash into Nidoking as his Yellow movepool isn't too great without TMs, lol.

Pikachu (Hamilton) - Lv 23
-Thundershock
-Double Team
-Slam
-Quick Attack

Nidoking (Dash) - Lv 24
-Poison Sting
-Mega Punch
-Horn Attack
-Double Kick

Fearow (Bell) - Lv 22
-Peck
-Growl
-Leer
-Fury Attack

Charmelon (Zuko) - Lv 20
-Scratch
-Dig
-Ember
-Leer

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Age 42
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 9, 2021
Just started Yellow on VC, got my Pikachu at level 7 and heading into the Forest, id forgotten how basic Gen 1 was! Still fun though.

Badges: 0
Time: 00:10
Team:

Spr_1y_135.png

Pikachu (Faratay)
Lv. 7
- Thundershock
- Some other moves i've not used

Years
Playing Yellow. Here is a summary of what I've done so far:
- Got Pikachu. Caught Mankey and Caterpie near Viridian City. Evolved Caterpie to Butterfree.
- Beat Brock using Mankey.
- Crossed Mount Moon. Got the Dome Fossil.
- Caught Abra on Route 5. I didn't know that Abra are no longer found on Routes 24 and 25 and spent a lot of time searching for one there. Performed Mew Glitch using the trainer on Route 24. Also got Charmander there.
- Beat Misty using Butterfree and Pikachu. Put Butterfree and Mankey in the Box.
- Got Bulbasaur. This one has a really good Special stat, must have very high DVs.
- Went to SS Anne, got Cut and beat Surge. Went back to Route 2 via Diglett's Cave. Bulbasaur evolved into Ivysaur here.
- I came back to Cerulean City via Mount Moon, and crossed the Rock Tunnel to reach Lavender Town. Butterfree was my Flash Pokemon and designated Zubat killer. Charmander and Squirtle evolved in the Cave.

So far I have caught every single Pokémon available on all the routes so far. I haven't evolved them all yet.
Also all Pokémon are under level 30. I am taking care to not get them overlevelled.

Last edited:

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
I did not do much yesterday. My events started with me getting the Good Rod. I then headed over to the Safari Zone to catch more Pokemon. While I was there, I encountered a wild Kangaskhan which ran after I attempted to catch it. I was a lot more successful with the second wild Pinsir I encountered. I then headed over to the gym to battle Koga.

The battle with Koga was interesting. During the battle, I managed to freeze his Weezing despite the fact that Garland has gotten poisoned by it earlier. After I defeated Koga, I headed a bit east of Route 11 to get the Itemfinder. I then flew back to Saffron to get ready to remove Team Rocket from Silph Co. My next objective is to go through Silph Co. to get rid of Team Rocket. I have seen 99 Pokemon and owned 34.

Garland (Blastoise)
Lv. 49
Moves: Ice Beam, Skull Bash, Surf, Bite

Kefka (Dugtrio)
Lv. 45
Moves: Rock Slide, Body Slam, Dig, Slash

Gabranth (Hitmonlee)
Lv. 31
Moves: Double Kick, Meditate, Strength

Cid (Snorlax)
Lv. 31
Moves: Headbutt, Toxic, Rest, Skull Bash

Zemus (to be caught)
Exdeath (to be caught)

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Today I managed to clear out the route East of Cerulean City, Rock Tunnel, and the route above Lavender Town. Hit the Pokemon Center in Lavender Town and saved.

Current team:
Wartortle (Level 30)
Nidorina (Level 29)
Parasect (Level 30)

I plan on using the Moon Stone on Nidorina once it hits level 30, and hopefully I'll be adding a fourth team member soon.

Bay

Years
Some new stuff happened. I visited Vermillion City, and after a bit of detour went to the route pass Diglett's cave to catch myself a Drowzee. I then trained my Pokemon in Diglett's Cave after someone in one of the threads said it's a decent place to grind. That proved to be frustrating at times because sometimes the Diglett (and Dugtrio) can outspeed you with Dig, lol. I then decided to go to SS Anne with me able to defeat my rival fairly easy with just my Charmelon. Same thing when I went against Lt Surge. Last thing I did was making a short pitstop to get Flash.

Trying to decide now if I should grind a bit more in Diglett's Cave or go forward with the main story and head to Rock Tunnel/Lavender Town. I do want to get myself my last team member though (Eevee/Vaporeon)...

Pikachu (Hamilton) - Lv 28
-Thundershock
-Thunderbolt
-Slam
-Thunder Wave

Nidoking (Dash) - Lv 27
-Poison Sting
-Mega Punch
-Horn Attack
-Double Kick

Fearow (Bell) - Lv 27
-Peck
-Growl
-Mirror Move
-Fury Attack

Charmelon (Zuko) - Lv 30
-Scratch
-Dig
-Ember
-Cut

Hypno (Mable)- Lv 26
-Pound
-Flash
-Headbutt
-Confusion

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
I finally got the game after some unexpected challenges.

I started! Whoo! Got my starter and went to Route 22 to capture Nidoran, which was a pain. I didn't realize how bad a 5% encounter rate was, I killed the first Nidoran because it was Lv. 3 and I wanted a Lv. 4. Then it took me an hour to find the next Nidoran and when I found it I did one Tackle and it was a critical hit and fainted Nidoran. Finally, I found another after 15 minutes, caught it and as I was leaving the grass a wild Pokemon appeared... yeah, you guessed it Nidoran. -____-;

Here's my team before I face Brock:

wartortle-color.png

Hathor Lv. 16
- Tackle
- Tail Whip
- Bubble
- Water Gun

nidoran-m-color.png

Horus Lv. 12
- Leer
- Tackle
- Horn Attack

Last edited:
Years
[ Haven't had many chances to play this week since I was busy but now it's the weekend and I have a little more time. <3

Got out of Cerulean Cave finally and defeated Misty. Glad I have Pikachu and Thunder Wave since it was so insanely helpful this fight, especially with Pika's low defenses. Almost on my way to Thunderbolt.

This was also my first time doing the Mew glitch... ever. So I'm proud to finally have one of my own even if it wasn't obtained in the most legitimate way.

Current Team:

56.PNG

Mankey | Lv. 21
Scratch, Dig, Low Kick, Karate Chop

25.PNG

Pikachu | Lv. 21
Thundershock, Quick Attack, Double Team, Thunder Wave

21.PNG

Spearow | Lv. 12
Peck, Growl, Leer

36.PNG

Clefable | Lv. 20
Pound, Growl, Thunder Wave, Bubble Beam
(need Body Slam for her gah!)

43.PNG

Oddish | Lv. 12
Absorb

151.PNG

Mew | Lv. 7
Pound​

I decided to not use a flyer on my team and only have it for the HM since I've already planned out five team members and it's getting hard to fit in another without being severely underleveled.

Time to make my way to Vermillion and train this little pink ball of cute! :D ]

khaozz

Peace sells, but who's buying?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 26, 2018
After taking a two day break from the game, I decided to play again and progress through the water routes. Everyone except Eric (even Charles and Isabella despite the type disadvantage) all gained a level or two from defeating all the swimmers. After reaching Cinnabar Island from Pallet Town (and abusing the Old Man Glitch while I was there, yay cloned Master Balls!), I decided to head to Seafoam Islands to catch stuff. Despite saying I'll leave Articuno for later, I changed my mind and decided to battle it now (even though I'm very underleveled). Instead of just lobbing my Master Ball at Articuno, I decided to try to capture the Ice Bird without it first. Thankfully, it didn't fire an Ice Beam at Raff while I was trying to put it to sleep. She wasn't even 2HKOed by Peck! It's either because Peck is weak, Raff is awesome, or both! Anyway, four Ultra Balls later, and Articuno was caught! Then I reset the game and lobbed the cloned Master Ball at it. At least you have Mew to keep you company in the Box, Articuno. The other birds and Mewtwo will eventually join you guys, too!

I didn't really do much else yet in Cinnabar Island, and I completely ignored the lab. None of the trades interest me, Metronome is too inconsistent to be worth picking up, and since I can Mew Glitch the fossils, I don't need to revive them. Next time, Pokemon Mansion, Chelsea destroying Blaine and the rest of his Gym, Power Plant and Zapdos, and grind for Giovanni if necessary.

Current team:
Nikola the Raichu (Lv. 43)
Isabella the Nidoqueen (Lv. 43)
Eric the Snorlax (Lv. 43)
Chelsea the Vaporeon (Lv. 43)
Rafflesia the Vileplume (Lv. 43)
Charles the Charizard (Lv. 43)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back