• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?mon Acanthite - RMXP

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Sorry everybody for the lack of recent updates. Life's not been kind as of late; band practises are frequent as is the need to write new songs, went to a rugby game where Wakefield somehow lost 72 - 8 (they're usually a great team, what happened I dunno) and it took 3 hours to get there and 3 hours back.... I'm learning lines for drama coursework, I need to finish off ICT coursework, and to top it all off I'm detention for bowing to Dr. Lord (evil small teacher) at school. Work will resume as standard on monday (coursework for next 2 nights, theatre trip on thursday night, detention on friday followed by homework because of busy weekend, song writing session in huddersfield all saturday possibly followed by recording some stuff, rugby on Sunday and I'm hoping we don't now lose horrifically to the worst team in the league... bad enough losing to London). Everything will be a lot calmer by then.

Yeah, it sounds like I'm trying to justify myself a bit too much, but it's a hectic week or so.

In other news, the game now plays part of the story as far as reaching Violet City. No battles or random encounters of course. Mostly dialogue based -_- You aren't getting a demo any time soon ;)

Johto's exterior is 100 percent complete having undergone some minor modifications and the addition of Cianwood and Whirl Islands etc... etc...

Kanto is rather... empty minus Pallet, Viridian and Cianwood.

Working on interior tileset.

Sorry again for lack of interetesting updates. You'll hopefully have some in the near future.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
Yeah, that is a tough schedule. At least you're still gonna work on it when your time restraints ease up though so that's something to look forward to.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
That's better than giving up on the project completely though. Hope you manage to get through all that!

AbareMax

Your Italian Pok?mon Fan!
Years
Don't worry Fangking Omega, we're all here for you. Every step of the way. I don't want to see such a great project given up.

AbareMax

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
Years
Indeed, take all the time you need to complete this milestone of a game.

Pokemon Milestone

>>
<<

*gets a pen & paper to start making a game for himself*

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Aaah, I finally got round to some GOOD work on the maps. There's some good stuff on its way too.
*coughtmduplicatorcough*
*coughtritunnelcough*
*coughattackacademy*
*coughcheerskingshucklecough*
*coughfortuneislandcough*

icepath2hz.png

The Ice path.

westwood16yi.png

Welcome to Westwood Park. You may now note that secret bases are back. The cabins around the park can be rented out and used as larger secret bases with extra features.

westwoodcave5yj.png

Another town has been added to Merto, Undervale City. Look out for a major underwater route in the near future too.

Jeff_PKLight

RMXP User
Years
HOLY COW!!!! AWESOME WORK!!! I must say, mapping is definitely your skill! Could you possibly send me the waterfall autotile and the ice tiles?

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Ooooh, the Ice Path looks very nice, much better than in GSC. And the two new maps look very interesting. Definitely worth the wait, not like waiting's bad or anything *whistles innocently*

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
Years
*gives Fang a cough drop*

There you go. Wow, those are some wonderful maps! I like the cabin idea, pretty neat. An underwater path seems cool. I can't wait to see it.

AbareMax

Your Italian Pok?mon Fan!
Years
MAN! Fangking Omega, you have outdone yourself again! Those maps are amazing! I can't get over how great they are. The Ice Path especially, is the greatest of the trio. Everytime I see your screens, it makes me even more motivated to work harder on my game! And for that I thank you for your dedication.

AbareMax

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
The maps look awesome! I've been looking for something to give as constructive criticism like I usually do when rating screenshots but it's hard this time. Maybe the raised terrain could be a bit edgier, with twists in it instead of having the different levels alligned in a straight line. Well, that's all the critique I can give, great job!

Naito

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
I can't wait for more information and screens about this game!

Maximo v.2

my walking sprites and....
Years
Dude that big tileset is gonna help me alot thank you so much and good luck with ya game

Edit: arr man its to big im using rm2k3

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Oh, good idea :D
I want to get a bit more information out soon. Let's just say that this game is not simply a GS remake anymore x.x

Note: Any sharp eyed people may notice a change in the radio tower and the addition of a new train station on the current master tileset.

xantor

...:::...
Years
Quick question in the ice cave do you know how your going to code the ice part?
Also the Big tileset is great. I'll give you credit if I ever decide to make a game. I've atarted but I'm doing everyhting except mapping first. I find mapping difficult. Anyway looks great can't wait for more screenies.

Back