• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Roleplayers Daily Chit-Chat Thread (◕‿◕✿)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Welcome to the RP DCC!

In the Roleplay Theatre, we discuss various topics related to roleplaying, in depth. In the Roleplay Stage, we act out our adventures and in Roleplay Casting, we discuss character shipping and plan ahead together with the other people in the same RP. But where do we go to just chillax together with the other regulars of the RP forum, even the ones we are not RPing together with?

One answer is: Skype! We have a public Skype group where you can come in and casually get to know other roleplay interested people in an "instant message" fashion. Access it easily here - http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=9109503#9109503

But if you're not feeling the Skype groove, or want to chit-chat closer to the forums, this thread is for you. Come here and kick back and discuss or joke around with your fellow RPTheatre regulars. Are you a new face in the Theatre? Come in and say hi! We don't bite, rather we can surely give you a warm welcome and help you find your way!

To clarify - you don't need to talk about RPing all the time here, just like you don't really talk about RPing all the time in the RPT Skype chat, unless RPing is on your mind at the moment. However, if a moderator steps in and tells you to change your behavior in any way, please respect that. (;

Any questions or concerns, please contact adventure, gimmepie or aeternum.​

To start things off! Do you have any RP posts you feel like you should be doing right now? I have two SUs and two IC posts I need to make, haha. I should... Probably go and do those (8

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 5, 2024
Gimmepie will kill us all. He's watching to see who posts and is sharpening his knife in the while he does

Years
Mostly I'm posting here to see if my new theme looks like crap or not.

But yeah, I have like a million RP things I should be doing that I just haven't had the energy to do. I'll get there though!

Edit: Yup, avatar is too colourful. Need to fix that.

Sweet Dreams

[I]are made of these~[/I]
Years
:D *has old-timey nostalgia feelz*

Vale's IC went up earlier today! I wanna get a post out for that ASAP.

...I also need to look at post in Venice soon. My poor heart aches for it. u.u

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
okay chan ._. don't we all :D

What RPs are you guys in now, actually?

I'm at least in Astra Story (!) and Z, and I'm going to sign up for Sekirei.

Sweet Dreams

Years
I, uh, just mentioned both of the things I'm in. I reeeaaally wish I could sign up for Sekirei though. Alas, I couldn't in good conscience do it.

I'm actually looking forward to that one RP Godzil said he might do. The Pokemon Journey without trainers. It just has some of my favourite elements in an RP all thrown together. :D

killer-curry

Oro.........?
Years
I do hope I could just give one more try for RP ... but I have no motivation at all to write. I have no idea to write at all. I just kinda stuck.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
You have to start somewhere. Just start writing and think about the characters and try to see them react to things in your mind, and then type it out.

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
WE'RE ALL FRIENDS HERE
I have no idea to write at all. I just kinda stuck.

Happens to the best of us. A break from writing might help. I actually think roleplaying is a great way to transition into solo writing, since I've been falling behind in the latter, but posting in Cornered, for example, really helps to prevent writer's block. Maybe do the reverse? Try to write on your own and then transition back into writing in the Theatre.

Ya'll know what RPs I'm in, they're in my signature. Though, honestly, I think I'm gonna drop out of Great Expedition. I love the concept, I love my character, but when I can't name another apprentice that I think fondly of other than Ivan, that's a problem. Whether it's my problem or not, I don't know; I could have potentially psyched myself out of it from the very start. But I really shouldn't be taking a solo, psuedo-sandbox approach to an RP supposedly about collaboration and working together, especially when my character is meant to be the affable one. That's what I feel will happen if I don't get re-motivated again.

You guys ever had a roleplay that you can't bring yourself to contribute too, even if there are certain aspects you love?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
You guys ever had a roleplay that you can't bring yourself to contribute too, even if there are certain aspects you love?[/SIZE]
;;
*looks so incredibly sadly towards Trumpets*

I think it had too many players for my taste, in the end. But journey RPs are bae. Z will be a cool one.

Sweet Dreams

Years
You guys ever had a roleplay that you can't bring yourself to contribute too, even if there are certain aspects you love?

I find that this happens to me a lot in sandbox RPs. I get really excited about the setting and my character and all the possibility... but then I lose motivation because there's nothing for my character to react to or drive them forward. I keep making the same mistake whenever a really interesting sandbox RP pops up even though I know I'm not a sandbox person. ;____;

Back