• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gold hack: Pokemon Bronze [COMPLETED]

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Where the heck are the leaf stones? If Bellsprout is catchable then there has to be leaf stones available too. Or is some other stone used to evolve Weepinbell to Victreebel for this hack?

Also I'm trying to breed a few pokemon with good IVs (or DVs rather, due to the G/S/C having a different code bse to the third gen games) to get good hidden powers for a lot of them and I dunno where to find TM10 to teach this Eevee I just bred.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
Would it be possible to 'update' it or is it locked that way? I'm all for improvement! Although forgetting one thing is actually quite the feat, as the official ones had a couple problems. All in all, solid job. Like, Bronze solid. Hope to see you pursue this and come up with even greater ideas! Cheers.

Edit: this is the first time I've actually posted in this section.

drecokadabra

Rom hack and rpgm GamePlaya
Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Mar 13, 2015
completed game, it was simple , Fun, and reminescent, if ur making any edits like including the leafstone , could you include the team and player photo , after all the pokemon get inducted into hall of fame , kind of my final screen shot to remember what game i played and completed. Good job!
edit: pumbloom s defence was amazing, when i played against trainer with him and brought him to the league as backup:)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
For evolving grass pokemon that require leaf stone, you could just edit it yourself by using an evolution editor. That's what I did. I made it so Weepinbell evolved by leveling up, same with the traded evolutions.

TWU

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 8, 2018
If y'all want, and if Freako is ok with it, I could make an unofficial update to include the Leaf Stone and stuff. Wouldn't take very long.

Wouldn't bother me since I edit my save files when things like that are missing, but yes, I think this would be a good idea for people who may want to catch all the pokemon. The trade evolutions need to be done as well.

Absolumont

Obsessive Clothes Shopper
Years
Comments~
- Loved the JonTron cameo with Pumbloom.
- Why do you need to deposit a Pokémon to get the after-1st-badge reward when it is changed to an HM?
- Apparently I still need the second badge to use Cut, even though I'm pretty sure Sarah said I could use it now? (Of course I could've just seen it wrong.

Absolumont

Obsessive Clothes Shopper
Years
Walkthrough Question: I'm stuck. Where do I go after I get Brandeis City's badge? The parcel doesn't go to Elm or anyone in the science lab? (though the lab is shown in the wrong area of the map? Maybe I need Surf?) Where do I get Surf and/or Fly, then?

ItWasABadDream

Genwunner / born 1989
Years
Walkthrough Question: I'm stuck. Where do I go after I get Brandeis City's badge? The parcel doesn't go to Elm or anyone in the science lab? (though the lab is shown in the wrong area of the map? Maybe I need Surf?) Where do I get Surf and/or Fly, then?

I can't remember exactly what you need to do because it's been a month or so since I've played Bronze, but I can tell you that I found the following YouTube playlist really helpful when I needed it...

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdb8114NKnVBHYMgA_gxcEelZKZzp1J9r

It's a playlist of a walkthrough of Pokémon Bronze from start to finish. {:3}

Years
  • Seen yesterday

If I remember correctly, u should give the parcel to Oak (and u get fly in return), then talk to the ppl in Brandies, one of them gives u a wallet, which u give to the ppl who live inside the dark cave next to the city, and get surf in return.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 5, 2016
No.

And battle scenery... what?

Though this quote is a few pages and several days old, I still found the need to reply to it for some reason. I'm guessing you know what battle scenery is now (basically the battle background or environment, like the type you have in 3rd gen and above games, which can either be grassland, a cave or a building), so I'll skip to talking about whether it is possible or not. While I can't speak for him and I don't pretend to be the most experienced hacker ever - PokeGlitch was able to implement these in his Pokemon Red (Gen 1) hack pretty effectively. If these can be implemented in a Gen 1 hack, I'd say it's more than probable that they can be implemented in Gen 2.

Quoted from PokeGlitch himself,

'Battle Conditions
  • Each battle will take place in a certain landscape. This landscape (water, cave, outdoors, etc) will affect the damage of certain type attacks
  • Outdoor landscapes will have the chance of weather effects. This may be brought on by attacks, abilities, or the map that the battle takes place in. Again, these might affect pokemon and their attack damage
  • Each battle can also have environment effects, which may affect Pokemon and their attacks (Examples include day/night or 'Radioactive Fallout')'

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
To be honest, this thread is kinda dead. But I will play it as soon as I complete Pokemon AshGray.

Well yeah, the game was finished years ago so there's nothing more to talk about.

Although I am soon going to start work on something new related to Bronze.
I wonder what it could be?! Oh my, oh my!

Back