• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you currently playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Reinvigorated my love for playing League of Legends once again ever since i played a match where me and my friends pretty much Rektstomped a bunch of people, with our trio of friends getting fed, including our friend who played Graves for the first time in a non ARAM game.

DING! End of match scoreboard for reference. Big props to the two of my friends (Darius and Graves) who simply followed my shotcalls
udj2jbQ.jpg

pkmin3033

Well, I recently (yesterday) finished The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD, re-establishing my opinion that it is, hands-down, the best 3D Zelda title released to date. But when its only serious competition in that department is Wind Waker, which is COMPLETELY different tonally, I suppose that isn't saying much. Asides from the Goron Wrestling minigame, the entire Snowpeak Mansion Dungeon (seriously, fuck that place) and Epona's general unwieldiness making for a few frustrating moments, I enjoyed it a lot more than I anticipated. I generally frown on Darker and Edgier in series, but it really works well for Zelda, and the fact that I could barely remember where to go or what to do most of the time made it feel almost like an all-new experience. The bonus dungeon was a bit of a letdown, but I suppose you can't have everything. But no matter how much they improve the graphics, the kids are always going to be creepy as hell. I've got overwhelming urges to play Wind Waker again now...

I'm almost done with Xenoblade Chronicles 3D now, too. Just sitting in the final dungeon, sorting through late-game quests and trying to find some that I can actually do at my current level (82) without dying horribly...the quest monster levels jump up ridiculously once you enter the final stages; I've been doing everything as I go so I couldn't be at a higher level without hours of painful grinding of the type you should never have to do. I really need to invest in some better gems and a decent strategy - like Topple-locking; Sharla is slowing me down something awful too so I should really swap her out for Riki or Seven as circumstances demand - for those higher-level quests...or I could just finish the game. Once I hit 85 I might just do that; I've been playing this for months and I have such a massive backlog to go through. Time to move on. Soon.

And today I started The Witch and the Hundred Knight: Revival Edition. I'll probably juggle this alongside Dark Souls III when it comes, which will hopefully be tomorrow since it was dispatched on Thursday...was kinda hoping it'd come yesterday. The furthest I got in the PS3 version was...Chapter 3, Act 1. Nearly two years ago. So let's see if third time, upgraded, is the charm. Fingers crossed.

Got overwhelming urges to replay the Neptunia Re;birth games right now too...rrgh.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
Years
I've been camping out in Defense Grid 2 making the slow march towards killing 50,000 aliens and getting 100 gold medals for that lovely platinum trophy. After this I might get the platinum trophies on the two Skylanders games I finally bought for ps3 recently; Trap Team and Superchargers. Still waiting on that Land Racing Pack to come out for Superchargers...Grrrr!

pkmin3033

4 days later, Xenoblade is done and I'm game-hopping again because I can't settle on anything ._.

I had picked up Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon again, but I got bored with it pretty quick, so I've put it back for the time being and started up Stella Glow instead. Thus far its intriguing me sufficiently to keep me playing, although that's not surprising as I'd been itching to play it for MONTHS and as a huge fan of Luminous Arc it ticks all the right boxes for me. Still early into it, though. Picked up Hyrule Warriors Legends again to play in idle moments. Still doing Legend Mode. Linkle kicks so much arse; I love her to pieces.

PS4 I'm juggling The Witch and the Hundred Knight: Revival Edition with Dark Souls III. The former I'm just about to come up to the point where I stopped last time - not that I can really remember much of it - and it's fun enough in short bursts. I've developed a bit of a thing for top-down ARPGs since Diablo III so it's a bit more enjoyable this go around, even if it's quite ugly visually and Metallia is one of the most unredeemable characters I've ever seen.

The latter...eh. I restarted as a Knight because my Pyromancer is too squishy, and this game seems to be throwing jump-scares at me by the truckload...twice now since exploring Lothric I've found seemingly generic zombie enemies that burst into black tarry eldritch abominations that promptly slaughter me, smashing up scenery and anything else that gets close. Knights seem to have more bulk in this too. I might respec as a Pyromancer later, but at the moment it's not giving me enough bang for my buck, so I've gone for a more defensive build. It's not been particularly hard thus far...at least, I've not died more than twice in the same place. I've had to go out of my way to avoid a few things, though. Mostly just feeling my way around at the moment, since there isn't much room to manuever on narrow walls...

Oh, I'm also replaying (or re-reading, I suppose) Katawa Shoujo, for a change of pace. I'll do Lilly's, Hanako's (even though it pisses me off something awful) and Rin's paths, and maybe Emi's if I feel like it, but definitely not Shizune's. I can't stand it...which is frustrating, because I adore Misha. Wahahahaha~!

So much I want to pick up and replay right now...maybe once I've finished something else.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 15, 2017
I just got done playing Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Second Chapter. It was great and longer than the first game in the trilogy. I'm happy that Xseed will be localizing the Third Chapter for next year. Though I'm sad I need to wait that long.

The next games I'm going to be playing will be:

Xenoblade Chronicles X (first time playing a game from the series)
Dragon Quest Heroes (First dragon quest game I have played)
Tales of Zestiria

I also plan on playing Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel, but I want to wait until the second game in the trilogy comes out, there is a release date towards the end of the year.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I just got done playing Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Second Chapter. It was great and longer than the first game in the trilogy. I'm happy that Xseed will be localizing the Third Chapter for next year. Though I'm sad I need to wait that long.
Great, great, great. Everyone needs to experience the miracle that is Kiseki series =D

Latios77

*** uP ToWn FuNk ***
Years
Well I am going back and forth between the Xbox and my laptop for games so I guess I'll mention both.

60 Seconds and There's Poop In My Soup- 2 Games that I got from Steam, I blame Markiplier and Jacksepticeye for influencing me to get those two games. Darn YouTube...

Anyways 60 seconds for those that don't know.. Is a simulated game of survival down in a bunker underneath your house in the wake of a nuke being dropped :3 similar to fallout? Meh, maybe. It's more survival, and key decisions for supplies then anything else. The point of the game is to survive as long as you can as a family and get rescued by the military. Sounds easy? Well you've never played the game then. Lol. Rationing food and using other supplies for survival in this game can get pretty hard. Especially when said supplies are low and you have to feed and water yourself and your family. I managed to get rescued once on day 67 of survival, and the longest that I did survive (Before the main character Ted went crazy) was 132 days.

Poop in my soup, just a crazy arcade indie game that was totally random. I to blame those youtubers :p basically you fling poo at the crowd and obstacles below and rack up as much points as possible

If you haven't seen or played either game, go check it out in YouTube.

Xbox 360 - Skyrim. Well I decided that until I have the funding to get a new system (Maybe a Wii U) that I would replay some of the 60 something games I have for the Xbox...

So not a lot has occurred playing this game as I decided to do a complete restart. I did pick a Nord again and left off leaving Helgen. Or what's left of it anyways

Sadly I don't have much time for games on idle time. But I will do what I can and keep you posted ;)

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
Years
Duelyst

I'm so addicted to it and it's been less than an hour into the game. It's freaking Hearthstone + chess omg

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 11, 2016
I started a new Pokémon game, but ! But... for the last two month i've been playing all the Kindgom Hearts game (Birth by sleep, 358/2 days, re:coded chain of memories etc..)

killer-curry

Oro.........?
Years
Elsword, what's this?

Well, it's a MMO Sidescroller. Basically, the story mode is quite ok and interesting, there are vary character selections too. Well, the weapons are very easy to get. Dungeons are well made and the intense gaming experience is good as well.

But here's the flaws, the dungeions quests are repeating 3 times from easy to hard, which I find it is quite frustating if I want to get the story done quick. The skills slot is very limited and if you depend more on skills, screw it. You need to buy the skills slot which kinda pain in your face.

Since the game is free to play, most of the features are limited. Even the inventory slot is limited as well. I remember Ragnarok Online did well in this free to play. The costumes in item malls are giving you more stats buffs, making you into "imba" (OP) character.

They have PvP but if you are a casual player, please don't go. It is not for you, the opponents are very strong and shielded with money they invested on this game just to make them more powerful and harder to die.

In conclusion, this game is a great game if you want to play with your friends, but if you want to be so hardcore in this. No, you need to sacrifice a lot of cash to do so. I would rather go for the old Ragnarok MMORPG game that give me more "fair" feeling than this one.

killer-curry

Oro.........?
Years
Elsword, what's this?

Well, it's a MMO Sidescroller. Basically, the story mode is quite ok and interesting, there are vary character selections too. Well, the weapons are very easy to get. Dungeons are well made and the intense gaming experience is good as well.

But here's the flaws, the dungeions quests are repeating 3 times from easy to hard, which I find it is quite frustating if I want to get the story done quick. The skills slot is very limited and if you depend more on skills, screw it. You need to buy the skills slot which kinda pain in your face.

Since the game is free to play, most of the features are limited. Even the inventory slot is limited as well. I remember Ragnarok Online did well in this free to play. The costumes in item malls are giving you more stats buffs, making you into "imba" (OP) character.

They have PvP but if you are a casual player, please don't go. It is not for you, the opponents are very strong and shielded with money they invested on this game just to make them more powerful and harder to die.

In conclusion, this game is a great game if you want to play with your friends, but if you want to be so hardcore in this. No, you need to sacrifice a lot of cash to do so. I would rather go for the old Ragnarok MMORPG game that give me more "fair" feeling than this one.

pkmin3033

My inability to really settle on a game continues...

Since I've finished Dark Souls III, I'm thinking of going back to The Witch and the Hundred Knight Revival, and I've started Bloodborne again. Last time I couldn't really get into it, as there was too much else out that I wanted to play instead, and the faster-paced combat put me off a little. Since there is nothing coming out on PS4 now until the 10th of June for me, and I'm fresh off of DS3, I thought I'd give it another go, see how it went. The beginning reminds me a lot of Resi 4...lots of crazy zealots with torches and pitchforks wandering around. Not a bad thing, mind you.

Playing Bravely Default again on my 3DS...eh, I should probably start Bravely Second somewhen, but I feel the need to refresh my memory of Default first. On Chapter 4 at the moment, just going to plow through it and then grind into oblivion in Chapter 5. Haven't thought about my endgame job combinations yet for Ringabel or Tiz...Edea will be Templar/Knight, and Agnes will be White Mage/Spiritmaster, just because I feel it suits them. Ahahaha. Playing Hyrule Warriors Legends in between times, mostly doing Adventure Mode maps.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
Playing Scribblenauts Unlimited. Finished the entire game within three days, but the playground is always giving me new ways for me to pass the time. Because of this game I spend less time here. :/

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
because of absolute boredom, I actually found a working version of Counter Strike 1.6 with bots. Good ole days.

pkmin3033

Been playing a lot of Tales from the Borderlands since Friday; I'm on Episode Four. It's been...interesting, to say the least. Not very interactive, but every time the story starts to lull it throws something ridiculous at me to keep me hooked...like a mass showdown with a room of accountants. I can't describe that. If you've not experienced it, you need to. It's the most ridiculously hilarious thing I've seen in a video game in years. I'm going to be very sad when I finish this...not least because I don't know what I'll play next. Something Japanese, probably.

Finished Bravely Default this morning...in the end I discarded my brilliant strategy and took the easy route: 3 Dark Knights and a Spiritmaster. Dark Bane + Minus Strike, followed by Stillness. No damage for you, final boss. This followed an absolutely infuriating encounter with a certain liar and their one-two combo that left me weak against all elements and then slaughtered me with some sort of firestorm. Wow. Cheap much? The gauntlet in the second to last chapter against the Asterisk was pretty tricky as well in places...well, in one place: three spellcasters and Qada, who likes to screw with your elemental weaknesses in time for you to get blasted by spells. Eeep. Still, fun enough.

Moved on to Yo-kai Watch...ehhhh, I'm not sure how far I'm going to get with this. Instead of Pokemon, it actually feels more like a cross between Dinosaur King and Ni No Kuni. It's very...low budget kid's anime. But I'll give it a chance. Might surprise me.

I also have Steam games to play...soon. I'll rave about those next. And maybe a couple of Vita titles...Ray Gigant just came out and I want it.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
In preparation for my future PC where i can finally play Doom 4, Brutal Doom: Project Brutality (on the best optimal settings aka where I will not get killed because of -30 frames drops), and Hyperdimension Neptunia Regasm (that's how I'll call that game btw), I decided to install, then play a game that legitimately made me crap my pants: F.E.A.R First Encounter Assault Recon. The first and BEST FEAR. Oh yeah, why? Because its what happens when you combine Rainbow Six (since much of the shooting and firefights are these mid-range encounters against squads) and Japanese Horror (because OMG THIS GAME.. 3SCARY5ME) and I'm about to play it.. AT NIGHT. Help.... me....

pkmin3033

...aaaand I just finished Tales from the Borderlands.

Damnit, that could have done with being twice the length it was...I am so very tempted to go back and play it again. I haven't had that much fun on a game in a long time. The final battle was utterly ridiculous and, for once, the shipper in me was entirely satisfied. I'm such a hopeless romantic sometimes, aha. My favourite moment was definitely the showdown with the accountants in Episode 4, though. That is going to go down as one of my all-time favourite moments in any video game, ever. I really, REALLY hope they connect this to Borderlands 3 somehow.

Might start playing the Pre-Sequel next...I'm not done with wanting to immerse myself in that world just yet, and it's the only one I've not finished. It'll tie things up nicely I think.

...and I started Pokemon Y again. I'll rave about that somewhen else.

Bay

Years
The gauntlet in the second to last chapter against the Asterisk was pretty tricky as well in places...well, in one place: three spellcasters and Qada, who likes to screw with your elemental weaknesses in time for you to get blasted by spells. Eeep. Still, fun enough..

Mega Magic. Yeah, they can be pretty tough if you don't have at least a Spiritmaster to deal with their spells, haha.

Me I've been playing Pokemon Battle Trozei as I'm a puzzle kind of mood (without wanting to play either Candy Crush or Pokemon Shuffle, lol). I'm Zone 8-3 now and while I can get Dialga several times, it's Palkia I'm having trouble with is Zone 7 with Haxrous. Took me two days until I finaly beat that stage lol.

Before that, I started and finished Earthbound a month ago. It has a neat setting, fun music, and a cool endgame. Only thing is there are some characters I don't like/care for (most of the characters are great, though). Guess I expected I'll like all the characters since I heard a lot of Undertale fans like Earthbound. I'm considering trying out Mother 3, probably in a few months or so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back