• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Shadow Realm ~ Ghost Type Club

DarkestMidnight

[color=black][b][font=Shadows Into Light]Demon Sla
Years
What is the best ghost-type move, in your opinion?

Shadow Ball has always been very reliable and fun for me to use. A lot of Pokémon I had on my team could learn it too, so I had access to it I want to say... 95% of the time. Lately I've been a fan of Shadow Sneak for the priority too, nice to land that first hit when doing random battles in Showdown. =p

Those look like some good movesets too, Tempest! If only I had more knowledge in the competitive team building department. =(

I see Shadow Ball is quite popular! Good point about Shadow Sneak's priority though, it is very useful, especially against ghost or psychic-type powerhouses.

Also, thanks for your compliment, I try my hardest :) Good to talk to you again!

-Midnight

stzy

the battlefield got weird.
Years
Hey! I really hope I got this right eh? Never joined a club here :)

Preferred Nickname: Slim Jesus
Favorite Ghost-Type: Misdreavus
First Club Partner: Misdreavus
Reason for Joining: Ghost is where it's at
Answer to Current Topic:

What is the best ghost-type move, in your opinion?
I'd have to agree with Sheep, Shadow Ball is nuts. I love the animation too. Shadow Claw is also pretty good in my opinion, if your Pokemon has better Attack than Sp. Attack. One of my favorite moves of all time though is Destiny Bond, which happens to be a ghost type as well. So unfair :p

DarkestMidnight

Years
Hey! I really hope I got this right eh? Never joined a club here :)

Preferred Nickname: Slim Jesus
Favorite Ghost-Type: Misdreavus
First Club Partner: Misdreavus
Reason for Joining: Ghost is where it's at
Answer to Current Topic:

I'd have to agree with Sheep, Shadow Ball is nuts. I love the animation too. Shadow Claw is also pretty good in my opinion, if your Pokemon has better Attack than Sp. Attack. One of my favorite moves of all time though is Destiny Bond, which happens to be a ghost type as well. So unfair :p

Hey, good to have another new member! I'm not sure if you noticed, but your name rhymes with Misdreavus. Just thought I'd point it out, I find it kind of funny ^.^

Destiny Bond is a nice move, especially on tanky ghost-types, because when they finally go down, at least they can take an opposing Pokemon with them.

Nice to meet you, Slim Jesus (could I personally call you Slim for short?), it's always nice to see other enthusiastic ghost-type fans. See you around, I hope you enjoy the club!

-Midnight

stzy

Years
(could I personally call you Slim for short?)

I would prefer if you called me Slim :p And true I never noticed that about Misdreavus and my username :D That's actually too jokes :)

So, not trying to make a new topic but what would you say the best move-set is for Gengar? I'm working on a competitive team, but I'm new to the whole thing and I thought, 'what better place to start asking about Gengar than right here?'

DarkestMidnight

Years
I am in!!!!!
hope thisdoesn't die like the 2 before

Cool, glad you're enthusiastic! :) I will need more info about you though before you join, please fill in the application in my first post.

Also, I assure you I won't let this die off!

-Midnight :)

DarkestMidnight

Years
I would prefer if you called me Slim :p And true I never noticed that about Misdreavus and my username :D That's actually too jokes :)

So, not trying to make a new topic but what would you say the best move-set is for Gengar? I'm working on a competitive team, but I'm new to the whole thing and I thought, 'what better place to start asking about Gengar than right here?'

You're in just the right place! I love Gengar and I make a lot of movesets for him in the Showdown Teambuilder. I'll give you two I really like here:

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Claw
- Poison Jab
- Protect
- Toxic

In terms of STAB, I made sure both movesets received moves that gained solid STAB. In case you didn't noticed, I gave you two options here: physical or special sets. Whatever you choose is up to you, but I personally think these are great movesets and they could help you a lot.

See you around,
Midnight

stzy

Years
You're in just the right place! I love Gengar and I make a lot of movesets for him in the Showdown Teambuilder. I'll give you two I really like here:

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Claw
- Poison Jab
- Protect
- Toxic

In terms of STAB, I made sure both movesets received moves that gained solid STAB. In case you didn't noticed, I gave you two options here: physical or special sets. Whatever you choose is up to you, but I personally think these are great movesets and they could help you a lot.

See you around,
Midnight

That's awesome, thanks for the advice. These look solid, I'm gonna try the special one first I think.

Parasyct

Ya Boi
Years
Preferred Nickname: Paras

Favorite Ghost-Type: Gengar all the way - I know he's a bit overrated but he's way too awesome - he's strong, has a scary/badass/cute design and "personality" and as the combination of my two favorite types. He's probably my no.1 favourite Pokémon

First Club Partner: Gastly ofc

Reason for Joining: Ghost is my favorite type along with Poison, there's probably not a ghost Pokémon I dont like, they always have some strange lore/Pokédex entries related with them and I really just like spooky stuff overall

Answer to Current Topic: Never really thought about it, but I guess Ominous Wind is pretty mysterious

DarkestMidnight

Years
Preferred Nickname: Paras

Favorite Ghost-Type: Gengar all the way - I know he's a bit overrated but he's way too awesome - he's strong, has a scary/badass/cute design and "personality" and as the combination of my two favorite types. He's probably my no.1 favourite Pokémon

First Club Partner: Gastly ofc

Reason for Joining: Ghost is my favorite type along with Poison, there's probably not a ghost Pokémon I dont like, they always have some strange lore/Pokédex entries related with them and I really just like spooky stuff overall

Answer to Current Topic: Never really thought about it, but I guess Ominous Wind is pretty mysterious

Heyyy, nice to meet you, Paras! I'm glad you feel the same way about Gengar, he is really awesome. As for Ominous Wind, I think you're right, it is kinda creepy >_>

Anyways, great to have you, enjoy your time here!

-Midnight

DarkestMidnight

Years
Alrighty then, looks like it's time for a new topic:

Which is better: Gengar or Chandelure?

As I've always said, Gengar is my favorite ghost-type, so this is too easy of a question for me. Its ghost/poison typing is super cool, in my opinion, and it has a very large selection of awesome moves at its disposal.

Polar Ren

A Certified Polar Bear
Years
Ooo this looks like a nice club! Mind if I join in?

Preferred Nickname: Ren

Favorite Ghost-Type: Chandelure all the way! The design, the color scheme, the typing... so majestic and royal.

First Club Partner: Litwick :)

Reason for Joining: Sheep recommended me here, and I absolutely adore ghost types!

Answer to Current Topic: Chandelure all the way bud! The design reminds me of my past, the colors are just amazing together. And the fact that it's ghost-fire! I don't like fire types that much so this is practically the only exception for me!

:)

DarkestMidnight

Years
Ooo this looks like a nice club! Mind if I join in?

Preferred Nickname: Ren

Favorite Ghost-Type: Chandelure all the way! The design, the color scheme, the typing... so majestic and royal.

First Club Partner: Litwick :)

Reason for Joining: Sheep recommended me here, and I absolutely adore ghost types!

Answer to Current Topic: Chandelure all the way bud! The design reminds me of my past, the colors are just amazing together. And the fact that it's ghost-fire! I don't like fire types that much so this is practically the only exception for me!

:)

Hey there, welcome to the club! It's good to hear that Sheep introduced you to this, that's really cool. Chandelure has always been problematic for me, as my best friend uses it in Pokken Tournament and pisses me off by spamming projectiles. It also has been a problem for me in competitive play too, my friend trolls with Chandelure on Showdown. I can agree with you on not liking fire-types, I feel that they're too overhyped.

Anyways, thanks for joining, I'll see you around!

-Midnight

Polar Ren

A Certified Polar Bear
Years
Hey there, welcome to the club! It's good to hear that Sheep introduced you to this, that's really cool. Chandelure has always been problematic for me, as my best friend uses it in Pokken Tournament and pisses me off by spamming projectiles. It also has been a problem for me in competitive play too, my friend trolls with Chandelure on Showdown. I can agree with you on not liking fire-types, I feel that they're too overhyped.

Anyways, thanks for joining, I'll see you around!

-Midnight

Heh, will do!

DarkestMidnight

Years
New Topic!

Create your own ghost-type. What would it look like and would it have a second type?

My ghost-type would be named Voodoll, and it would be similar to Shuppet in looks. The only difference is that it would have a more human-shaped body. It would also have a smile made of stitches to give it a creepy look. On top of this, it would have a secondary dark typing.

Can't wait to hear your ideas, talk to you soon!

-Midnight

Polar Ren

A Certified Polar Bear
Years
Hm... If I had to make a ghost type, it would be called Dapperlook (heh, see the Undertale in there? XD)

It would look like a flying hat with one yellow eye, and very sharp teeth.

I think it would be a Ghost/Psychic type, cause... you know... Hoodini :3

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
I'll join this as clubs need to be active and the club owner has been very active in my Grass Club.

Preferred Nickname - Gardy

Favourite Ghost Type - Jellicent (Female) - A bulky Pokémon that is very useful in Unova and indeed Hoenn Playthroughs. Also it has a somewhat unsettling lore. I far prefer the elegant female design.

First Ghost Partner - Misdreavus - The first Ghost type I ever used. Due to its design I always use a female one and found a Shiny one (Esmerelda) in Alpha Sapphire. Her evolution Mismagius was my last entry in completing my X Pokedex.

Why Ghost Types are cool - They have had several Elite Four Members and are immune to Normal Moves. Also my first ever Shiny was a Ghost Type Golett.

Create a Ghost Type - Some sort of dark Pixie. It's typing would be Fairy/Ghost. It could be a side evolution of Misdreavus.

Last edited:

DarkestMidnight

Years
I'll join this as clubs need to be active and the club owner has been very active in my Grass Club.

Preferred Nickname - Gardy

Favourite Ghost Type - Jellicent (Female) - A bulky Pokémon that is very useful in Unova and indeed Hoenn Playthroughs. Also it has a somewhat unsettling lore. I far prefer the elegant female design.

First Ghost Partner - Misdreavus - The first Ghost type I ever used. Due to its design I always use a female one and found a Shiny one (Esmerelda) in Alpha Sapphire. Her evolution Mismagius was my last entry in completing my X Pokedex.

Why Ghost Types are cool - They have had several Elite Four Members and are immune to Normal Moves. Also my first ever Shiny was a Ghost Type Golett.

Create a Ghost Type - Some sort of dark Pixie. It's typing would be Fairy/Ghost. It could be a side evolution of Misdreavus.

Hey Gardy, nice to see you here! I'm sorry I haven't been active in the grass club for a while, I'll post in there today. Also, I didn't know you weren't the owner of the grass-type club. Did someone else take over?

Anyways, I agree with your club partner pick. I like Misdreavus and it's cool that you stuck with your original ghost-type partner. Also, congrats on the shiny Golett!

I love your idea on fairy/ghost-type! I wish I'd thought of that myself, and now that's one of my favorite duo-type combinations. I hope that's a thing in Sun/Moon, it would be very cool!

Thanks for joining, I can't wait to get back into the flow of things in the ghost and grass clubs. See you around!

-Midnight

DarkestMidnight

Years
Alright everyone, time for a new topic! :)

What was the first ghost-type that you seriously trained (as a long time partner) in your time playing Pokemon?

The first ghost-type I ever trained up to a high level was a Ghastly I caught in Pokemon Diamond when I was in third grade (wow that seems like forever ago). I remember that I knew it would eventually become a Gengar, so I was super motivated to evolve it to that stage, because I thought Gengar was super cool, even back then. I was a bit of a spammer back then, so I remember using a lot of Shadow Ball when training it. Good times...

Anyways, I can't wait to hear about your experiences, I'll talk to you later. See ya!

-Midnight

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

I am indeed the owner of Grass Club. :)

Answer to Topic.

The first Ghost type I seriously trained if I remember correctly was a female Misdreavus in Sapphire which I took to the Hall of Fame whilst it was not the main member of my team it was useful on my playthrough.

I have also taken a Female Jellicent called Helena in White 2 and a Trevenant called Samuel in Y to thr Hall of Fame.

The first ever Ghost Type I trained long term was Helena the Female Jellicent on White 2 which was the first (And Only) Ghost Type I have EV Trained. As well as defeating the Elite Four she was instrumental in my PWT team and also helped defeat the Elite Four and Iris in Challenge Mode.

Back