• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

find her yet? ✜ HOMESTUCK fanclub

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Spoiler:

Lumina

Lucid Melody
Years
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
Years
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Honestly not sure how I feel about the ending yet. Need to digest it a little more. /shrug!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen yesterday
At least there still seems to come an epilogue, so maybe some of the remaining questions are going to be answered later on. Though, it might take a while until it's finished.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
At least there still seems to come an epilogue, so maybe some of the remaining questions are going to be answered later on. Though, it might take a while until it's finished.

Epilogue? Has Hussie said so?

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Epilogue? Has Hussie said so?

Edit: one more thing. If you're curious about whether there will be anything resembling an epilogue to this ending, yes, I've been thinking about that for some time. It'll take a while to produce though, whatever specific form it ends up taking. Working on Collide took months, and came right down to the wire. I've got more time now though obviously. But that said, I'm not in a huge hurry at this point. Keep an eye out here for developments. There should be plenty of other news in coming months too.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
Years
Edit: one more thing. If you're curious about whether there will be anything resembling an epilogue to this ending, yes, I've been thinking about that for some time. It'll take a while to produce though, whatever specific form it ends up taking. Working on Collide took months, and came right down to the wire. I've got more time now though obviously. But that said, I'm not in a huge hurry at this point. Keep an eye out here for developments. There should be plenty of other news in coming months too.

And here's a screenshot version:
xxcf81E.png

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I've decided that I find the current ending of Homestuck unsatisfying. Not bad necessarily, but unsatisfying and lacking meaningful substance. I get the feeling that Hussie wishes us to come to our own conclusions and to find our own significance behind the animation by leaving it so open ended, but as a result it comes across as shallow. That, and the ending Homestuck was given just doesn't feel like it justifies the scope of the entire story. Like putting ten pounds of.. marshmallows in a five pound paper bag, you know? It's a little disheartening that Homestuck was concluded in a single animation with no dialog. Unsatisfying is the word I keep coming back to. I know it's selfish, and I don't want to come across as ungrateful or unimpressed with the seven years of amazing content we've had.. but I guess I just had higher expectations? Sorry if that sounds awful. :(

That said, one can't deny that it was beautifully made and very well composed. It might be lacking the plot and literary substance I've come to expect from Homestuck, but the artistic aspect of it was incredible and spot-fucking-on.

...Still. I hope the epilogue comes through with something a little more.. finalizing. I need more closure than this, haha.

There's so many things I still want to know.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I've decided that I find the current ending of Homestuck unsatisfying. Not bad necessarily, but unsatisfying and lacking meaningful substance. I get the feeling that Hussie wishes us to come to our own conclusions and to find our own significance behind the animation by leaving it so open ended, but as a result it comes across as shallow. That, and the ending Homestuck was given just doesn't feel like it justifies the scope of the entire story. Like putting ten pounds of.. marshmallows in a five pound paper bag, you know? It's a little disheartening that Homestuck was concluded in a single animation with no dialog. Unsatisfying is the word I keep coming back to. I know it's selfish, and I don't want to come across as ungrateful or unimpressed with the seven years of amazing content we've had.. but I guess I just had higher expectations? Sorry if that sounds awful. :(

That said, one can't deny that it was beautifully made and very well composed. It might be lacking the plot and literary substance I've come to expect from Homestuck, but the artistic aspect of it was incredible and spot-fucking-on.

...Still. I hope the epilogue comes through with something a little more.. finalizing. I need more closure than this, haha.

There's so many things I still want to know.
I definitely agree with you, on all points :(

I think I said before that I didn't agree on their choice for music to the ending animation. But... I've changed my mind. That song (Overture I think?) is perfect. Especially with the Sburban Jungle/Descend edit in the end. <3

Back