• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Sep 4, 2020
Hey, there should still be valid links to the IPS in my signature. Haven't been here in a few years, looks like Things Happened, but my last version should still be fine and accessible if anyone is looking to play this.

thanks for the patch, in your version, there are no people blocking the world championship stadium entrance. I was using the LP+ patch previously, there are some pokemon with no abilities and occasional black screen when i continue my save with your patch.

is there an updated patch for LP+ version? or the patch on the first page is the latest?

Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
I'm playing this hack on My Boy! for android.

At the moment when the battle at the pichu event should start, the game freezes. The screen gets black and the emulator isn't responding anymore.

Could this be a problem with the emulator or should I just patch another ruby rom?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 23, 2017
I need help on World Championship. There is two person blocking the entrance on world championship saying that "This is the last and greatest challenge for any POKEMON trainer". I already done beating the two league and I catch legendary first before going to world championship. There is something that I forgot to do first?. Thanks for helping me

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2018
My Roselia is at lvl 46 and still not evolve. can any one tell me how to evolve him? i already tried leaf stone but it is impossible to evolve

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 7, 2017
I got a problem where every time all my pokemon faint I get sent all the way back to Inhore City. I've got to Pantem town it's ridiculous having to run back every time.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
I had same problem, look for light platinum on pokemonromhack . com they have others, but this one will be there.

Z34guy

Pretty Little Psycho
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 10, 2022
I'm new how do I download the rom ?

Do a google search for the base rom the rom hack is based on, in this case a normal copy of Pokemon Ruby. For legal reasons, we cannot provide you with a link to a download to that.
Then you want to download 2 programs. Visualboy Advance is the big one as you need it to play the game.
The second program you need is an IPS or UPS patcher like IPSwin, Lunar IPS, or Tsukiyomi, among others.

Then you download the IPS or UPS file in the first post of a hacks thread. The first post will contain either the required file in the post as an attachment (due to problems with the site being hacked a while back, not all of them work) or will provide a link to download the file in question. It is legal to share IPS and UPS files, but not rom files.

Copy the base rom into a new folder specifically for the hack. Now open your patching program (I like IPSwin for IPS files, but many here prefer Lunar IPS). Select the rom base in the hack's folder, and then select the IPS file and patch it. Now rename the patched game to match the name of the IPS file, but keeping the original extension (like say you patched a Pokemon Red Rom into the hack Pokemon Brown. The IPS file would likely be pokemon_brown.ips. So you rename the newly patched rom to "pokemon_brown.GB". The file extension for roms will generally be .gb, .gbc, or .gba. Don't change the extension or it WILL NOT work.

It sounds more complicated than it is.. The process takes a few minutes at absolute most.

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
thanks for the patch, in your version, there are no people blocking the world championship stadium entrance. I was using the LP+ patch previously, there are some pokemon with no abilities and occasional black screen when i continue my save with your patch.

is there an updated patch for LP+ version? or the patch on the first page is the latest?

I've never even heard of LP+. You should start a clean save on my version.

Do a google search for the base rom the rom hack is based on, in this case a normal copy of Pokemon Ruby. For legal reasons, we cannot provide you with a link to a download to that.
Then you want to download 2 programs. Visualboy Advance is the big one as you need it to play the game.
The second program you need is an IPS or UPS patcher like IPSwin, Lunar IPS, or Tsukiyomi, among others.

Then you download the IPS or UPS file in the first post of a hacks thread. The first post will contain either the required file in the post as an attachment (due to problems with the site being hacked a while back, not all of them work) or will provide a link to download the file in question. It is legal to share IPS and UPS files, but not rom files.

Copy the base rom into a new folder specifically for the hack. Now open your patching program (I like IPSwin for IPS files, but many here prefer Lunar IPS). Select the rom base in the hack's folder, and then select the IPS file and patch it. Now rename the patched game to match the name of the IPS file, but keeping the original extension (like say you patched a Pokemon Red Rom into the hack Pokemon Brown. The IPS file would likely be pokemon_brown.ips. So you rename the newly patched rom to "pokemon_brown.GB". The file extension for roms will generally be .gb, .gbc, or .gba. Don't change the extension or it WILL NOT work.

It sounds more complicated than it is.. The process takes a few minutes at absolute most.

Incorrect, Light Platinum specifically requires a Ruby 1.0 rom. Check the links in my signature, I know I say this in one of them. Also, there were problems with the first post last time I was here; the IPS can be found in the links in my sig.

I was the guy that translated it to English a few years back with the original creator's permission, the links just lead to earlier posts I made in this topic.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 29, 2020
The experience I received from specific Pokemons are wrong.

For example I get 400 from a Venipede at lvl 10.
I just get 200 for a Whirlipede at lvl 10.

The implemented pokemon from the newer generations are mostly having those false values. Is this intended or unfixable?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 15, 2017
Help guys, I'm at the Darkdusk gym.. Pulling my hair going mad.. I've never had any issues with a puzzle like this before. Anyone has the puzzle sequence to get to the gym leader? Thanks in advance

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Help guys, I'm at the Darkdusk gym.. Pulling my hair going mad.. I've never had any issues with a puzzle like this before. Anyone has the puzzle sequence to get to the gym leader? Thanks in advance

After teleported on the only hole in the first room, go to lower left hole, on the room you teleported, go to the lower left hole again, go back to the same hole you come from, and go upper right hole and there you will find the gym leader.

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
The experience I received from specific Pokemons are wrong.

For example I get 400 from a Venipede at lvl 10.
I just get 200 for a Whirlipede at lvl 10.

The implemented pokemon from the newer generations are mostly having those false values. Is this intended or unfixable?

Venipede is intentional. It was originally a mistake, but was left in as nostalgia for people who played earlier versions. Other Pokemon should be correct as of the latest version.

Back