The PokéCommunity Forums Entertainment & Media Video Games
League of Legends

Video Games For all of your gaming needs! From console gaming to Let's Plays, this area encompasses all things relevant to gaming and gamers.

Old May 24th, 2016 (6:50 AM).
The New Colossus

Nature: Naughty
    Btw guys, those who like playing AP should probably abuse Protobelt for now because of how slot and cost efficient the bloody item is. 2500 gold for some AP, a bit of CDR, some HP, and that really strong active that just adds so much extra burst.

Ahri, Akali, Diana, Annie, Ekko, Leblanc, Fizz, AP-RENGAR, Fiddlesticks, heck even AP-JAX all benefit from Protobelt because of how much extra burst the item active adds to their already bursty combos. I love it. Heck, Nightblue even made Protobelt Jungle ZAC look really busted. 4000 HP with the burst of an AP assassin? HELL YES!!

PS: I'm planning to actually try it out on AP Jax as soon as i get playing, and risking games to test it out. I love playing AP Jax. Btw, lets not complain about how Protobelt is so stronk right now before Rito realizes it. I'm already betting my cock (not that cock btw) that they are already looking at how gold efficient the item currently is X__X.

Relevant Advertising!

Old May 28th, 2016 (6:23 PM).

Nature: Quiet
      I've found myself arguing a lot with people lately about how Taliyah isn't garbage...

RIP Trade Reviews

Old May 29th, 2016 (10:59 PM).
      The New Colossus

Well fortunately, I had a game where we had A taliyah top just completely demolish a Zed. Then again, why would someone play Zed on top... oh wait, because the other team had a Mid lane Ahri. Then again, the other team had no TP with either of their solo lanes. FLASH IGNITE! FLASH INGITE! When will people learn.

Also, I forgot how to play Graves. I found myself either just KSing with Ulti or dealing some damage but not really kill people. But a win's a win.
        Old May 30th, 2016 (5:58 AM). Edited May 30th, 2016 by Firebolt.

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Xin ZhaoYun View Post
          Well fortunately, I had a game where we had A taliyah top just completely demolish a Zed. Then again, why would someone play Zed on top... oh wait, because the other team had a Mid lane Ahri. Then again, the other team had no TP with either of their solo lanes. FLASH IGNITE! FLASH INGITE! When will people learn.

Also, I forgot how to play Graves. I found myself either just KSing with Ulti or dealing some damage but not really kill people. But a win's a win.
          Dude I don't understand why people say Zed 'hard counters' Taliyah. I was against a Zed mid lane and got 4 kills before lane phase even ended (even scored a double kill by roaming bot XD). But bot and top fed hard anyway, and jungler didn't seem to know what he was doing (it was a Rengar; he built Shiv before finishing his jungle item). It was a shame though, I loved tossing people into my E and watching their health go down by half.

EDIT: Bloodrazor Irelia though...

RIP Trade Reviews

Old May 31st, 2016 (2:21 PM).
          The New Colossus

Bloodrazor Irelia is basically like having sex with Irelia herself = YOU GOTTA DO IT!

in a more important news that I feel like I wanna discuss with PC's own League players:

RIP Solo queue forever:
            RIP Solo queue forever, Dynamic Queue and the future

So what do you guys think of Solo queue now forever cancelled thus alienating the long time playerbase of those who believed that climbing the ranked ladder should have purely been more of a Solo or Duo queue experience?

We had a talk like this before, but it was a huge speculation of Solo queue being cancelled but Riot has now finally made it official.
            Old June 1st, 2016 (1:29 AM).

I hate the removal of Solo Queue. I don't play Ranked often at all, but when I do, it's usually against a premade team of 3 or 4 people. While I couldn't care less, that usually tilts my team mates and makes them do stupid muk (not that LoL players don't do that on a daily basis).

RIP Trade Reviews

Old June 1st, 2016 (3:55 AM).
              The New Colossus

Okay, I'm not against the nerfing (once again) of Boots of Swiftness for the next update but I am triggered as heck with Dynamic queue forever replacing the way we have to climb the league now. I've mentioned this before that I still believe that climbing the ranked ladder is best experienced playing on your own and with other nobodies or at least having a duo partner to tag along, especially for Jungler and Support mains who really want to develop synergies with carry players (Jungler-solo lane synergy and of course Support-Marksman synergy), but dear god, having to play against premades that you have no intention of playing against is something that we now have to deal with in a permanent basis. I've mentioned it before that not everyone has the time to create their own premades in order to combat the ridiculousness of Dynamic Queue, and most people still prefer to play on their own and do their best. I'm so triggered right now.

Now, excuse me as i start ripping and tearing demons instead of hitting the rift for a couple of days. Sorry Riot, and Tyler1's Draven build is best Draven build!
                Old June 1st, 2016 (6:20 AM).

It's alright, I'll just accept that I'm bronze and stick to Normals :P

RIP Trade Reviews

Old June 19th, 2016 (3:25 PM). Edited June 19th, 2016 by Xin.
                  The New Colossus

Is it my job to save threads from being archived? YES I DO!

So, reading up on the latest things. Oh my god. I'm loving this patch. Trinity Force change has turned a lot of top lane bruisers and even jungle fighters into killing machines. Irelia's already getting a slight nerf next patch because of her rising status in viability and OPness. Sure Riot. Thanks for the memories.

But Corki's getting buffed since the Trinity Force change has made him so useless. No more Triforce power spike so they decided to buff his skills.

and here's one of my latest shenanigans in League. This was ranked boys and girls:

Of course its already common as a Jungler like myself to Outdamage underperforming laners.

Playing with a boosted riven, and just look at that Riven's damage dealt to champions... My Damage dealt to champions could have been much higher if 1) The Riven was not a boosted monkey, 2) I could have built more damage items (I already had my Trinity Force + BorkRazor combo, and I was so ready to get Rageblade) but the f***king Riven was so bad, and 3) Our Ashe may have dealt most of the damage but Jesus christ, was it too hard to ask for her to play more safely? Then again that's what happens when you have ONE MEMBER in your team like our Riven being such a boosted monkey.

Also, Picking MF when our team already had Ashe. You already know, that's going to be bad. Right? Obviously but boosted animals do not think so.

Oh and the enemy team was bad because it was their ZYRA, THEIR SUPPORT ZYRA who carried them. Ranked boys. Ranked...
                    Old June 19th, 2016 (7:22 PM).

Rule 1 of League of Legends: Ensure that before every loss, you throw the blame onto your jungler or support. This will make the enemy team think you're actually good (even though your KDA is 0/15/2), and will open their eyes to show that it really was the (4/5/12) jungler's and (1/3/7) support's fault.

EDIT
                      Rule 2 of League of Legends: If a jungler or support takes the kill during a gank/skirmish, ensure to flame them for taking the kill that will help them stay relevant in the game, rather than focus on the lane advantage you have just received in terms of gold and XP. Also, if your jungler just ganked and you recalled, make sure to ping crazy at them to leave lane while you're still at base, because they are taking 'your' XP and farm.

RIP Trade Reviews

Old June 19th, 2016 (7:40 PM). Edited June 19th, 2016 by Xin.
                      The New Colossus

(Is this how this once historic thread is going to be like? Well okay)

Rule 3:
                        When you play Draven, and everyone steals your kill even if it means you have to pop your flash into it, run to the enemy tower and suicide. You get an instant S+.

Rule 4:
                        If you are a jungler, and you go 18-0-18 and your whole team feeds and you still won the game, report your own team. Honor the enemy.

Rule 5:
                        When you pick Xin Zhao but equip a keystone like Thunderlords instead of Fervor of Battle or Strength of the Ages (btw both options are good. I should know. I SHOULD KNOW), please uninstall game and don't blame me for not being able to climb out of your ELO and you claiming yourself as a Xin main. Please. Play overwatch if you don't want to worry about runes and masteries and items anymore.

Rule 6:
                        If you think you are playing poorly or not having the winrates that you deserve but you clearly are playing very well, blame Riot for everything. constant 2 week patch changes, thus you never really get any real practice unless you are a slave to the game, always read patch notes or PBE notes, live, eat, sleep, breathe, and probably have smutty sex with League of Lulz like it was the girl you always wanted to be with, because that's going to be your life if you want to reach Challenjour or maybe at least Masters. Since i already did, time for me to let it Decay Down to Diamond 1 again and at around 60+ LP so that I don't have to deal with the 10 Day vacancy bullcrap that Riot enforces to Master and Challenger tier players.

Rule 6.5:
                        Remember kiddies, MMR (The "hidden" winrate that you yourself can only see) is still more important than the Tier that you are at. You can be Plat something but with a decent MMR does increasing your chances of usually having good games, or you could be Diamond 5 but have really piss poor MMR that you always get clown fiesta games.

Rule 7:
                        Every time you try searching up for Ecchi artwork of Ahri, a Teemo dies. So do it!

Rule 8:
                        Everytime you commit a misplay, just always say "Lag" and people won't judge you. Not joking. Legit bros

Rule 9:
                        Ahri is actually a still decent character. Don't whine if Riot has not touched her (that's what she said) for a couple of months. Protobelt Ahri is quite busted, and smutty.

Rule 10:
                        Keep asking Riot for replays and eventually they might put that in the new client that they have been working on. Otherwise, voice out your opinions that Riot is being lazy, complacent, and being cringeworthy, and hope that you do not ever get an indefinite ban.

Rule 11:
                        If you face a RIoter or a bunch of them in a ranked game, make sure that you actually DO NOT overperform so that you do not become a reason to have your favorite champs get nerfed the next patch in their 2 week cycle.

Rule 12:
                        League is still sexier than DotA. Seriously guys. Ahri > Lina League is still sexy even if Overwatch is starting to become the sexier game. Ahri still wins, and Xin (the league champ) is still the manliest champ around.

Rule 13:
                        Remember kiddies, your own region is still far from the toxicity of the PH (Filipino) League Scene. So be glad you aren't playing in my region where its hard to climb because of all the monkeys that play in our server.
                        Old June 26th, 2016 (8:02 AM).
                        The New Colossus

POKELEAGERS COME ON! THIS THREAD NEEDS TO LIVE!

So i decided to play just a Normal game since I have not played League for like 20 F***kin days.

Yep. But i didn't get my S Rank oVo when i made several plays of the game with my Runic Echoes Hecarim. I was going for the Hybrid Hecarim build that people are doing now to him..
                          Old June 26th, 2016 (5:40 PM).

The ranking system is busted dude. Yesterday I decided to go Quinn jungle to try a new Ghostblade>Boots of Swiftness>Stattik Shiv build I saw on the Internet. Unfortunately their Kha got fed and kept wrecking everyone. The game went on for 66 minutes, they almost destroyed our Nexus twice, but miraculously the team pulled together and we won. I should tell you our Thresh was 18/19/35, built full AD... And got an S+. This is the full stats of the game (go to "Matches" and click on the first match, about to start an exam so I can't be bothered screenshotting it; http://www.lolking.net/summoner/oce/981589#matches/138321836).

RIP Trade Reviews

Old June 27th, 2016 (1:00 PM).
                            No guts, no glory

Nature: Adamant
                              Oh man, league of legends is my game.

I've been playing since 2012, peaked at plat 4 last season but haven't been able to get out of gold yet this season. I'm always down for a game if you all wanna add me. Summoner name is "Our Savior Trump."
                              Old June 28th, 2016 (9:51 AM).
                              The New Colossus

Quote:
                                "Our Savior Trump
                                Great IGN :))

Anyway:

Well i've been reading some of the (stupid) reasonings behind a TENTATIVE BUT MAJOR change to Kindred coming 6.13

Quote:
                                Gypsylord
                                "Kindred changes should hit her dueling but new wolf maim preserves her ability to clear pretty effectively. 50% DR and Slow is a big deal."
                                Quote:
                                "Kindred changes are harsh but likely needed. Here's the problem. We've historically had to balance Kindred around the fact that kiting jungle mobs has a huge delta between experienced and non-experienced players. Kite well and you take no damage. Kite poorly and you might not be able to complete your first clear.

As such Kindred has historically had to have very high base stats and healing to ensure that she can clear, even when not kiting optimally. This resulted in a character who was insane when played well. She's a ranged character who gets to run around at full health all the time with the base stats of a melee on top of that.

The changes to wolf are trying to address the kiting delta. The assumption is that if we can make Kindred's jungle kiting easier (wolf slows jungle monsters and causes them to attack less frequently) we can then take away her Melee champion base stats without the previous side effect of making her unable to clear the jungle.

End result? Kindred becomes an actually squishy champion (similar to other ADC's) which allows burst and melee focused characters to take advantage of her easier in the early game. Then if she's too weak, we can put power back into her spells. It's a lot more fair for Vayne to jump around and deal a bunch of damage to you if she actually takes damage when you jump on her."
                                Guys, I need more caffeine. I'm going to borrow AngryJoe's BULLSH*T translator and actually spell out this whole reasoning by Riot.Gypsylord regarding their context of nerfing the f**k out of Kindred. And I've been playing a lot of Kindred lately ever since i learned the champ a few months ago.

Riot is getting stupider and stupider with some of the changes they have been making. Oh sure nerf Swiftee boots.
                                Old June 28th, 2016 (7:20 PM). Edited June 28th, 2016 by Firebolt.

That part about Vayne made no sense. Not only does Vayne have a dash, but also a knockback, so I'm failing to understand how you'd even get to her in the first place. It's funny how they're still nerfing Kindred. I haven't seen it in game ever since the first nerfs showed up about 2/3 patches ago.

Speaking of PBE, I'm not sure how I feel about Leona's "Incandescence" buff. It just seems so useless on a champion who's only role is to tank and stun (even when she builds damage she doesn't deal that much). If they made the basic attacks able to blind or short sight, I could see it being a lot more useful (she is the embodiment of the Sun after all...). Shorter cooldowns on Q is gonna be beast.

EDIT: I just realised 6.13 patch is out. That 7 armour nerf on Kindred is painful... But that's not what bothers me most. What bothers me the most is 20 SECONDS ON BLITZCRANK'S AoE SILENCE?! R U SERIUS RITO? RIP any initiator during the late game. And then they stuff up the AI for Zyra's plants. Now it's back to stealing CS from the ADC, like it was pre-rework. At least now Nami has a proper armour item that she can build (Talisman of Ascension).

RIP Trade Reviews

Old July 16th, 2016 (8:12 PM).

It's very sad that this thread isn't active anymore. But I have a few things to talk about.

So I got this in a hextech chest earlier today:
                                    Spoiler:

My question is, what is the luckiest item you have found in a hextech chest ever?

How is patch 6.14 treating you? Fiora buff, Lee Sin buff, Leona change, taliyah nerf(in my perspective at least) among the few things changed. What have you seen played more often because of the patch?
                                    Old July 16th, 2016 (9:00 PM).

1. I got Spirit Guard Udyr from the free chest that Riot gave out at the beginning. Still haven't saved enough skin shards to unlock it though (might help if it wasn't limited to 1 chest per champion).

2. Eww the Fiora buffs are so disgusting that I might just pick her up (she really didn't need them). The Leona change is barely noticeable. The change to Taliyah's W is messing me up. I've gotten used to her old W and now I find myself accidentally causing it to go the wrong way. Also if you use it a bit out of range, sometimes she walks in range to use it... and doesn't use it. It's annoying. Although pro tip: if you're in a close fight against someone, use Zhonya's and prepare to use your W+E combo. Her new changes allows you to cast both almost simultaneously, and it usually means that you can secure a kill even if you get killed after you cast it.

RIP Trade Reviews

Old July 16th, 2016 (10:14 PM).
                                      The New Colossus

Fiora buffs are giving me a hard on if you all know what i mean ;)

My impressions for the new Ryze so far.. well.. its his 4th damn rework and I can't believe how far Riot has gone in making this champion the way they "wanted" him. I'm missing the spellvamp he used to have but his greatly increased wave clear is something that I like so far.
                                        Old July 17th, 2016 (5:13 AM).

I bet the new Pool Party Fiora skin isn't helping you out much is it? XD

I honestly like this Ryze much better. He seems less BS to play against and his ult is so valuable when it's on your team. Some of the coolest plays I've seen a friendly Ryze do includes laying down an ult for me so I can get away and ulting both of us into the middle of the enemy team so I can start the CC Pain Train (i.e. so I can use my knock up, slow, and stun as Sejuani).

RIP Trade Reviews

Old July 19th, 2016 (4:23 AM).
                                          The New Colossus

I just watched one of my friends who i was tutoring the whole day win 12 ranked games in a row, and he's on his way out of Silver. He's on his going-for-gold series and I'm wishing him the best. He's been a Swain main and he's been wrecking faces. The only thing that he needs to work on are his CS numbers and of course when to actually leave lane or just push.

I'm like a proud father or sensei, even though said friend is older than I am.

Now he needs to figure out a new champion to play when he gets to the Philippine ELO where they actually ban swain (around high gold-middle plat). Good thing he does say that he's an adept to control mages and I suggested him Zilean which he promises to work with once he finds the time.
                                            Old July 19th, 2016 (7:30 AM).
                                            Keeper of the Hammer

Nature: Jolly
                                              I'm a League of Legends fan too! Nice to meet you all!

I used to play a lot back in Season 3/4. But nowadays I watch more LPL/LCK than I actually play. :P
                                              Old July 19th, 2016 (7:41 AM).
                                              likes nissans

Nature: Relaxed
                                              I'm a problem, teammates are a problem, et cetera. I'm trash at this game but I still love it.

Meanwhile I lost 3 ranked games and won 1 only due to an int feeder. Maybe ranked isn't for me.
                                              Old July 19th, 2016 (7:51 AM).
                                              D-I-N-O-S-A

Nature: Quirky
                                              Is it just me or does new Ryze feels sooo gimmicky? He feels really silly to play against and they've made him so simple for what is supposed to be an intense combo mage. There are about 3 combos you'll ever have to learn on him and they're given freely to your opponent by the rune tracking system under his HUD and they're all very easy to respond to as he can't even get the speed boost to rush onto you without wasting all his cooldowns first. I dunno I really don't like the feel of him. The new ult is pretty cool (though arguably not very fitting for his role in the game) but I'm struggling to see this Ryze as an improvement so far.
                                              Old July 19th, 2016 (8:32 AM).
                                              The New Colossus

Rito wanted Ryze to be more "control magey" than the once often feared hypercarry "Tanky DPS mage tank support carry jungler he excelled in everything!!!!!!!!!!" (anyone who could get that reference has been in that great part of the League fandom).

They basically gave him wave clear pre-6 which was a problem with past ryze as I cannot say "Old Ryze" anymore considering HOW MANY TIMES RYZE HAS BEEN REWORKED (More than GP btw who had 2 reworks thus having 3 incarnations ladies). Then there's the whole "being less Bullsh*t" to play against (also known has "Counter Play") which is Riot's current favorite design philosophy on their champs given how the reworks to other champs (Darius, Skarner, Mordekaiser, Fiora, Pirate, Poppy, and Shen) have been.

I need to play more to actually see where this now current incarnation of Ryze is but dear lord, he is a lot less fun to play but is less Bull to play against. Rito plz.

Quick Reply