• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Legendary Pokémon, Rival and Rotom unveiled

jappo

[b]Thank you for being you![/b]
Years
Wooot!

Cool video!
Liking the typing, I think (correct me if Im wrong) that these are unique typings for the legendaries. Casually oneshotting Pseudo's like its their daily activities.

What role will the rotom play? is it just for information and feedback, or is there any battle adventage? like additional info about the opponents pokémon?

Rest, okay kinda cool.

Years
I didn't expect the new Rotom, let alone Steel and Ghost for the legendaries' secondary types. I was kinda right about Psychic though for both (although more for Solgaleo than Lunaala) since a lot had that type speculated. Anyways, nice to see we have new characters, and the rival's name officially confirmed.

The protagonists' artwork is looking nice as well. Can't wait for this game!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Wooot!

Cool video!
Liking the typing, I think (correct me if Im wrong) that these are unique typings for the legendaries. Casually oneshotting Pseudo's like its their daily activities.

What role will the rotom play? is it just for information and feedback, or is there any battle adventage? like additional info about the opponents pokémon?

Rest, okay kinda cool.
We got two mythicals with those typings. Jirachi (P/S), and Hoopa bound (P/G).

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 15, 2021
The male player character's artwork prominently shows off a bracelet with the crystal from the Japanese version of the titles.

The Alola region is "chock full of nothin' but rare Pokémon". All new Pokémon, maybe?

Last edited:

Years
Hmm, Hala isn't the professor, nor the assistant it looks like. He could be Kukui's dad (potentially the Player's grandfather then as we aren't sure if cousin was referring to an actual biological bond), possibly a retired professor.

Years
The male player character's artwork prominently shows off a bracelet with the crystal from the Japanese version of the titles.

The Alola region is "chock full of nothin' but rare Pokémon". All new Pokémon, maybe?

You saying Alola will pull a Unova on us? Both regions are based on parts of the US, so maybe...

Anyways, I did look back at the protagonist artwork and it appeared that the crystals from the Japanese logo are on the bracelets they are wearing. I heard theories comparing them to Burst Hearts from the Pokemon ReBurst manga but I don't like the concept of fusion-based evolution.

The crystal is a bit easier to see on the male, since the female's one looks like it's obscured but the question that's also raised is will Mega Evolution be back, or will it be dropped in favour of this supposed new evolution mechanic?

Caaethil

#1 Greninja Fan
Years
I said Kukui was the professor! Everyone laughed at me. :(

All new Pokemon? Well, except for Meowth and Rotom, which are confirmed to at least exist in the region. Obviously we don't know for sure if they're actually in the wild, but it seems like they aren't pushing the whole 'all new Pokemon' thing. In B/W they really shoved the new Pokemon down our throats, I don't remember seeing any old Pokemon during the main game, even just as overworlds.

I would say that quote would more suggest that the Dex is going to be pretty interesting over all - it could be all new Pokemon, or a lot of new Pokemon with some old ones which are cool or usually rare (i.e. no route 1 Pidgey).

@Hiroshi, Kukui is not your cousin, that's just Hawaiian slang. Or maybe you knew that and I'm misinterpreting your post.

Years
One other interesting thing to notice is the battle scenes of Solgaleo battling a Salamence and Lunala battling a Gengar. Looking closely at the fact Gengar and Salamence's models seem similar to their 6th Gen models, I presume the older generation Pokemon will be retaining their 6th Gen models.

But also, could this imply we could have a mixed-gen regional Dex again, or if the Gastly and Bagon lines will be in the Alola Dex? I liked X/Y's handling of the regional Dex, and if it's implied we could have different Pokemon living on each island it could seem likely we'll have a divided regional Dex like Kalos did.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 15, 2021
img_mainchar.png

The player characters' artwork. If you look closely, the "Burst Heart" on the girl's bracelet looks blue, while the boy's is yellow. In the logos, yellow was in Moon's and blue was in Sun's. Don't know the relevance of that yet, if there is any...

Worth pointing out that none of the art for other characters has the bracelet or the crystal.

Also, check their shoes. The boy's remind me of popplio, and the girl's of litten.
What, no Rowlet shoes?

Years
I wonder if the shoes mean that Popplio will be associated as the male trainer's canonical starter, while the female's canonical starter could be Litten. Maybe this means Hau's canonical starter might be Rowlet? I'm reminded of Pinkie-Dawn and how he tends to do this in his playthroughs...

But nice to see that the crystals in the bracelets match the ones in the Japanese logos, with the male having the orange crystal and the female having the blue one. I guess it's because the sun is associated with masculinity and the moon is associated with femininity but I think it'll change based on the version you're playing.

blue

gucci
Years
As for what was revealed today, I'm super psyched for these games. All these new, unexpected features cropping up are shaping up the games nicely!

Last edited:
Years
The news just keeps on coming.

"It has been confirmed that Pokémon Sun & Moon will be featured on Nintendo Treehouse Live @ E3 on June 14th 2016 which feature new information and developer stories."

As for what was revealed today, I'm super psyched for these games. All these new, unexpected features cropping up are shaping up the games nicely!

Maybe we could see new Pokemon revealed. For XY I recall it was around E3 time we had Vivillon and Noivern revealed, among a bunch of other Kalos Pokemon.

Also, one of the videos posted on the Japanese YouTube channel revealed the protagonist's bedroom changes design based on gender again. The female's version seems to be a more yellow-orange colour scheme as opposed to Serena's room being mainly pink in XY.

Years
The official site says that Lillie will play an important role in SM. She also dislikes Pokémon battles (I'm reminded of N). If she turns out be the Team leader then I expect a Plasma like goal. Btw has anyone here watched the S/M Japanese trailer?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
The crystals are probably a way to Mega Evolve without having to many different stones. In the Volcaneon movie, the evil guy had something similar in his staff and was able to Mega Evolve multiple pokemon. I think it is just away to register possible Mega Pokemon that you have unlocked so that there isn't 300+ Mega Stones in the future.

As for number of pokemon, I would say we will get 110 like my original thought was, but we will end up having old pokemon, probably not to the extent of Kalos though until after the Elite 4. The Dex will probably be divided into 4 pokedexs.

The official site says that Lillie will play an important role in SM. She also dislikes Pokémon battles (I'm reminded of N). If she turns out be the Team leader then I expect a Plasma like goal. Btw has anyone here watched the S/M Japanese trailer?

As far as I have seen, I haven't seen a Japanese exclusive trailer. There isn't a new one on the Japanese site.

Last edited:
Back